Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari (55903 Views)

Buhari Receives Investigated Report Of Suspended SGF & DG Of NIA From Osinbajo / I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki / Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by magaliyu(f): 5:05pm On Jun 06, 2016
Thank you Buhari for saving us from the hands of NATIONAL ARMED ROBBERS.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2016
kaffy4tope:

Oh! He conceded defeat cos he knew doing otherwise would land him straight in ICC jail. Stop praising him for saving himself of global shame. There's no big deal in what he did at all....is all for his own good cos we ain't in military era.
Did Buhari concede defeat in 2011?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by Achorise: 5:08pm On Jun 06, 2016
Investigate him or not, Nigerians will live to remember him.

But pls try
TINUBU
IBB
past governors.

You will know Jonathan was a saint, But his problems was simplicity, Which is not good for Nigeria politics.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by ayindejimmy(m): 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2016
amjoseph19:
This man. With all due respect to my fellow nigerians, I keep saying that #GEJ was too good for us at this our democratic level. His policy was too refine for most of our liking. We wanted a talking drum rather than an action man.

Look at his speech, despite the allegations against him. He is very calm, well articulated and very ready to help his precise enemy for the good of the nation.

Well know that buhari and his apc crew are fighting a personal battle against the opposition. Don't get me wrong, most of PDP members are thief. Infact they are fantastically corrupt... But, so are APC member. But why is it that it is only PDP member that DSS and EFCC are fighting?

We have learnt our lesson in a hard way. Hat off to tinubu and his APC crew, their branding was great. But never again will such scam ever happen in our country.
if someone that was arrest in 2011 was sentenced in 2016, how do u expect Efcc to get a sentence 4 ppl they arrest under one year? 0
Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by 4nobody4every1: 5:15pm On Jun 06, 2016
Keneking:
Great, “obviously, I’m being investigated”. shocked

Buhari is coming for you in London, just don't run after this commentary grin

Where is lalasticlala sef? Day don break oh grin
Dont mind him, l am here with him in London, l will make sure he refunds all he took from our treasury, Obasanjo and other ex president have begged me not to jail Jonathan so l will listen to them.....meanwhile, l will keep on arresting all looters in Jonathan's regime.... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by IVORY2009(m): 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2016
kaffy4tope:

Oh! He conceded defeat cos he knew doing otherwise would land him straight in ICC jail. Stop praising him for saving himself of global shame. There's no big deal in what he did at all....is all for his own good cos we ain't in military era.

Bro, I have just one question for you, and the question is, come 2019 if president Buhari is defected would he concede defect? I doubt it!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by Chigold101(m): 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2016
Keneking:
Great, “obviously, I’m being investigated”. shocked

Buhari is coming for you in London, just don't run
GEJ went to Aso Rock last tuesday and Buhari didnt do anything.
Seriously for ur mind u think it is now Buhari is struggling to LIVE that he will going after someone else in a foriegn land.

Serioulsy GMB‘s fan & supporters lack BRAIN.

If i were you i will be praying for Buhari‘s quick recovery.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by rhymestech: 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2016
ok now
Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by billyG(m): 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2016
TheFreeOne:
Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan has disclosed today, June 6, that he is being investigated for corruption by the Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government. Jonathan said this in an exclusive interview with Bloomberg Tv, in London.

“I cannot say the country from the beginning of our independence, that there was no corruption, yes there has been corruption. “I did very well also, to curtail corruption.

My approach to corruption, was ‘don’t make money available for anyone to touch. “We made sure that area of fertiliser subsidies was cleaned up,and the whole corruption there was removed.

“I tried to do the same in the oil industry, but the very people that were accusing us of corruption, were the same people frustrating it, its unfortunate

Asked if he was concerned that he would be investigated for corruption while in office, Jonathan said he is being investigated. “Obviously, I’m being investigated”.

Asked if he would be found guilty of corrupt practices, Jonathan said “I wouldn’t want to make certain comments because, when a government is working, its not proper for immediate past presidents to make certain statements.

“I will allow the government to do the work its supposed to do.

“I wouldn’t want to make serious comments on that, its not proper.

After all these investigations, the whole stories will be properly chronicled.

“I’ve just left office, and I should allow the President and his team to do what they believe is good for the country.

Jonathan’s aides have come under heavy scrutiny, since he left office, a situation he warned them of at the presidential dinner to mark the end of his tenure, on May 28, 2015.

Officials of his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, have also been arrested and arraigned for corruption, but the anti-corruption agencies are yet to make public their findings from investigation on Jonathan’s involvement.

Recently, former Principal Secretary to Jonathan, Hassan Tukur was reported to have disclosed certain acts of corruption that occurred during the regime to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, with the hope of getting leniency.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/jonathan-opens-up-im-being-investigated-for-corruption-by-buhari/
Eyaa!I pity 4 jonthan but mean while call yur Ijaw boys(NDA) 2 order.
Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2016
I wish I could be given an opportunity to lie this man on the floor and give him 12strokes of the cane. just twelve.

he's still talking like the world's greatest ineffectual buffoon.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by dannyben5: 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2016
Buhari right now

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by ayindejimmy(m): 5:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
Achorise:
Investigate him or not, Nigerians will live to remember him.

But pls try
TINUBU
IBB
past governors.

You will know Jonathan was a saint, But his problems was simplicity, Which is not good for Nigeria politics.
plz, wats ur definition of simplicity?
Cos ur idea of simplicity seems to defer frm the Dict.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by PassingShot(m): 5:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
amjoseph19:
This man. With all due respect to my fellow nigerians, I keep saying that #GEJ was too good for us at this our democratic level. His policy was too refine for most of our liking. We wanted a talking drum rather than an action man.

Look at his speech, despite the allegations against him. He is very calm, well articulated and very ready to help his precise enemy for the good of the nation.

Well know that buhari and his apc crew are fighting a personal battle against the opposition. Don't get me wrong, most of PDP members are thief. Infact they are fantastically corrupt... But, so are APC member. But why is it that it is only PDP member that DSS and EFCC are fighting?

We have learnt our lesson in a hard way. Hat off to tinubu and his APC crew, their branding was great. But never again will such scam ever happen in our country.
Sure, you will get the "likes" you want from your post. However, I'll like to ask you the ffg questions:
1. Is the govt investigating campaign funds or money illegally taken from our treasury and the one diverted from fighting insurgency?

2. Did you vote for APC or believe in the party? If not, why do you think your vote will matter in 2019?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by Chigold101(m): 5:27pm On Jun 06, 2016
kaffy4tope:

what would have taken GEJ to ICC?
Na wa for Buhari‘s brainless supporters.

Anyway havent you noticed that GEJ has become a sort of CELEBRITY since he “escaped world shame.“

Praise GEJ for once & Pray Buhari‘s quick recovery.

Before you quote me REMEMBER that I AM A GEJITE for LIVE.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by PassingShot(m): 5:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Did Buhari concede defeat in 2011?
He didn't have to concede to rigging. The IB lost very clearly even with all the rigging. Any attempt by the IB not to leave would have landed him where Gbagbo is.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by amagunnerfan: 5:30pm On Jun 06, 2016
This news is so funny and the good thing is that it is confirmed by le shoeless himself. The chest beaters were saying he can't be tried. Hahaha. You all can go top yourselves now. No one gives a flying hoot in hell.
Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by Kaira333: 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2016
Man of wisdom. Kudos to u
Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by anytexy: 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
“I tried to do the same in the oil industry, but the very people that were accusing us of corruption, were the same people frustrating it, its unfortunate.

Zombies-Haters will avoid this unclad truth.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
PassingShot:

He didn't have to concede to rigging. The IB lost very clearly even with all the rigging. Any attempt by the IB not to leave would have landed him where Gbagbo is.
The dullard have been contesting since 2003 and Nigerians were right to reject him,dis time he won cos of underage voters,people are regreting!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by noucompact(m): 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
WHO IS ACTUALLY GUILTY IN THIS UNA NIGERIA SEF?AM ONLY CONCERNED WITH MY #50 THEY ARE SYSTEMATICALLY AND FANTASTICALLY COLLECTING IN THE BANK
Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by anytexy: 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2016
“I tried to do the same in the oil industry, but the very people that were accusing us of corruption, were the same people frustrating it, its unfortunate.

Zombies-Haters will avoid this unclad truth.
Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by Jakama90(m): 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2016
kaffy4tope:

You talk like an illiterate.... Are you one?
Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by amagunnerfan: 5:35pm On Jun 06, 2016
amjoseph19:

It is well known that buhari and his apc crew are fighting a personal battle against the opposition. Don't get me wrong, most of PDP members are thief. Infact they are fantastically corrupt... But, so are APC members. But why is it that it is only PDP members that DSS and EFCC are arresting? Even some of them are being arrested without any evidence.
the will arrest the person then go to the court and get a warrant to detain him before the start looking for evidence ala FFK.
We have learnt our lesson in a very hard way. Hat off to tinubu and his APC crew, their branding was great. superb political advertisers. Am not really angry with those that voted buhary. Their offer was tempting. You have to be very brilliant and intelligent before you could spot that it is all scam. But never again will such scam ever happen in our country.
Can you please answer me this question on the bolded part of your submission? How come GEJ when he was in government never bothered trying any APC politician? Answer honestly.

Where is the voters card DSS under that woman I can't bring myself to mention her name said APC were cloning? Why has no one been jailed thus far?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by BABANGBALI: 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2016
Ghen Ghen. Prison loading 24%
Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by amagunnerfan: 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2016
keyremotes:

WOULD YOU HAVE CONCEDED?
GO ASK THE SIT TIGHT ONES WHY THEY DO SO.
SOME PEOPLE WHO CANNOT CONCEDE A LITTLE DISAGREEMENT WITH THEIR WIVES OR FIENDS WILL COME HERE AND BLAB.

WHY PMB NOT CONCEDE DEFEATS IN THE PAST? DON'T TELL ME HE DID. IF HE DID HE WOULD NOT HAVE GONE TO COURT.
Do you agree OBJ wanted a third term? Maybe we start from there.
Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by focus7: 5:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
Hehehehe, Jonathan said he did everything to curtail corruption and the nation recorded the highest corruption ever in the his of any African government during his reign. Jonathan say whatever you want to say the result of your investigation show how crooked you are, Ooolee.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by SycophanticGoat: 5:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
keyremotes:

WOULD YOU HAVE CONCEDED?
GO ASK THE SIT TIGHT ONES WHY THEY DO SO.
SOME PEOPLE WHO CANNOT CONCEDE A LITTLE DISAGREEMENT WITH THEIR WIVES OR FIENDS WILL COME HERE AND BLAB.

WHY PMB NOT CONCEDE DEFEATS IN THE PAST? DON'T TELL ME HE DID. IF HE DID HE WOULD NOT HAVE GONE TO COURT.

Apart from going to court, he also made statements that ensured over 1,000 human blood where soaked in that of dogs and baboons...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by WATCHOVER(m): 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
kaffy4tope:

Go do am if e easy". I pity you for saying saving himself of global shame. Upon all the Aso Rock medical budgets your Tarzan is still travelling for common ear fault.
Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by Haryohdeji(m): 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
kaffy4tope:

let wait till 2019 and see how PMB will hand over...if the opposition party wins

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by SycophanticGoat: 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Do you agree OBJ wanted a third term? Maybe we start from there.

What has that got to do with Jonathan a sitting president conceding defeat while a "presidential candidate" couldn't concede defeat and which sparked off post election violence and wasted lives of over 1,000?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari by kunlej2: 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
GEJ Respect!!! a very intelligent man indeed.
Please use the foreign media to spread the truth, our local media outlets have been hijacked by APC.
Sooner, no one will buy newspaper with his money, even job applicants.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Patience And Goodluck Jonathan After Church Service In Bayelsa (pic) / Tinubu’s Daughter, Folasade, Updates Twitter Bio, Adds ‘First Daughter Of FRN’ / Amotekun Intercepts 16 Armed Hausa Men In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.