Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

RAMADAN : Using Toothpaste Whilst Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RAMADAN : Using Toothpaste Whilst Fasting (672 Views)

I Had An Erotic Dream Whilst Fasting But I Did Not See Any Trace Of Semen / Mfm Gen218 Singles-2017 Stepping High(21 Day Fasting) / 'I Used To Brush Without Toothpaste' - Sam Adeyemi On Experience With Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RAMADAN : Using Toothpaste Whilst Fasting by rilwan09: 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2016
Question
I know that it is permissible to use siwâk toothsticks while fasting. However, can a person brush his teeth with toothpase, or would this break his fast?
Answered by
the Fatwa Department Research Committee - chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî
It will not break your fast unless you swallow the toothpaste.
However, without going so far to say that it is
makrûh to use toothpaste while fasting, Sheik Ibn al-`Uthaymîn discourages it. He says:
There is nothing wrong with a fasting person using toothpaste, as long as it does not go down his gullet. However, it would be better to refrain from using it, simply because it has a strong tendency to go down a person’s throat while he is unaware.
For this reason, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Exaggerate in inhaling water (while performing ablutions) except when you are fasting.”
Therefore, it is better for a fasting person to refrain from using toothpaste. The matter is easy. If he simply waits until after he breaks his fast to brush his teeth with toothpaste, he will have avoided what might possibly nullify his fast.
And Allah knows best.

http://en.islamtoday.net/quesshow-56-1704.htm

another site said
Praise be to Allaah.
Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about using toothpaste whilst fasting. He said: there is nothing wrong with that so long as one is careful to avoid swallowing any of it, just as it is prescribed in Islam for the fasting person to use the siwaak (tooth-stick)
Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz , 4/247
Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:
… This leads us to the question: Is it permissible to use a toothbrush and toothpaste whilst fasting or not?
The answer is that it is permitted, but it is preferable not to use them because the toothpaste is too strong and may go down into the throat. Instead of doing that during the day, one should do it at night.
Al-Sharh al-Mumti’ by Ibn ‘Uthaymeen,

https://islamqa.info/en/13619
Re: RAMADAN : Using Toothpaste Whilst Fasting by Tocheagle(m): 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2016
No wonder the population of people with mouth odour is always high during these period . CLEANINESS IS NEXT TO GODLINESS .

1 Like

Re: RAMADAN : Using Toothpaste Whilst Fasting by jumper524(m): 7:36pm On Jun 06, 2016
yanks for the lesson, may allah reward you
Re: RAMADAN : Using Toothpaste Whilst Fasting by lepasharon(f): 8:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
Tocheagle:
No wonder the population of people with mouth odour is always high during these period . CLEANINESS IS NEXT TO GODLINESS .

Plus BO

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

It's Rainy Here, Should I Still Go To Church Or Worship At Home / What Can You See In This Picture? / Few Free Christian Ebooks Worth Checking Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.