Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,228 members, 7,860,450 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:11 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (819929 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 15, 2007
Access Bank is looking very attractive at below 18 naira and should be one of the stocks to watch in the banking sector.

For technical people, it seems most insurance stocks that break below 2 naira support always seem to have a rebound later. Check NEM INSURANCE, LINKAGE AND INT ENERGY INSUR.

Those with huge cash can swing into stocks with there are in a downward slide and cash out in a 20% or 30% movement.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aquita(m): 7:24am On Nov 15, 2007
@tonyjon, you have a strong point. @aktopgun,wanajO and barge, i thank you all for the brotherly advice. more grease to your elbow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by UDK(m): 7:42am On Nov 15, 2007
Peole, considering the taking over of NICON and Nigeria RE by the Federal Govt. and the alliance between Nigeria RE and Globe RE what does this portend for investors in the Globe RE Private Placement? Please I need to know because I invested heavily. Thanks for your responses.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aquita(m): 7:57am On Nov 15, 2007
@all. i have 5,000 units of FCMB shares which i bought during their IPO. the problem is that i have never recieved any dividend from them. what do i do to reclaim my dividends? thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 8:32am On Nov 15, 2007
UDK:

Peole, considering the taking over of NICON and Nigeria RE by the Federal Govt. and the alliance between Nigeria RE and Globe RE what does this portend for investors in the Globe RE Private Placement? Please I need to know because I invested heavily. Thanks for your responses.

What ties are you talking about? can you be more explicit so that you can get insightful responses from d house
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 8:34am On Nov 15, 2007
aquita:

@all. i have 5,000 units of FCMB shares which i bought during their IPO. the problem is that i have never recieved any dividend from them. what do i do to reclaim my dividends? thanks.

the first step is to find out who d registrar to the company is and tell them what the issues are. they will be able to advise you appropriately

all da best
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:35am On Nov 15, 2007
EMMAACHILE:

a friend normally sends it to me from fidelity union securities
site: www.fidelityunionsecng.com

Is it on the website too?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:40am On Nov 15, 2007
toyibanj:

Pumping 777
UBN is already 50 and still on bid.
Do you have any analysis on C&I leasing.
cheers

The movement of UBN is not due to the impending bonus and dividends. We'll soon know.

C&I Leasing - My analysis is not readily available right now but I recall C&I Leasing is a buy for me with a target price of around N5.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:25am On Nov 15, 2007
This is for real.

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=3189

Funds in escrow to be released today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 9:25am On Nov 15, 2007
I think i have to lobby for the ban of this thread.aah an!

Insurance sector is about to boom,Ikeja hotels is da bomb,C&I leasing and Dunlop is about to explode,PHB is the bank stock of the year,bla bla bla bla bal.

Won't we eat again?Won't we take care of ourselves and our family again?Now,i want to warn all of u especially the likes of easimoni(who will neva sell his wema),pumping 777,wanajo,akpotuogun,Roughcut,Emaachile,(wonder if u to sleep in the states)Walcolm,Barge etc that if fail in any of my social resposibilities,i would hold u responsible.Yes, i will hold u dearly responsible.

Or u think am the one that should stop visiting the thread again.Can i?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 9:44am On Nov 15, 2007
damoche07:

I think i have to lobby for the ban of this thread.aah an!

Insurance sector is about to boom,Ikeja hotels is da bomb,C&I leasing and Dunlop is about to explode,PHB is the bank stock of the year,bla bla bla bla bal.

Won't we eat again?Won't we take care of ourselves and our family again?Now,i want to warn all of u especially the likes of easimoni(who will never sell his wema),pumping 777,wanajo,akpotuogun,Roughcut,Emaachile,(wonder if u to sleep in the states)Walcolm,Barge etc that if fail in any of my social resposibilities,i would hold u responsible.Yes, i will hold u dearly responsible.

Or u think am the one that should stop visiting the thread again.Can i?

u never start.am thinking of which stock to offload as i have put all my cash into fidelity (preferential).Na wa! i have to fail in some of my social responsibilities so that lots of the so called social responsibilities can be catered for in the future.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by UDK(m): 9:53am On Nov 15, 2007
@Walcolm

Nigerian Re-insurance has substantial stake in Globe Re-insurance.That is the link.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tosjay(m): 10:06am On Nov 15, 2007
[CBN ready to license foreign banks, says Soludo][/b]

Hi everyone,
I got this from Proshare website. Do you guys think our indigenous banks can withstand fierce competition from foreign banks if licensed to operate in Nigeria? I'm sure the gurus in the house can help us thrash out this.
Cheers,
Tosjay

P.S. Please read the story below.

====================================================================================================
[Proshare News and Analysis

CBN ready to license foreign banks, says Soludo
Posted Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, has said that the CBN is ready to license foreign banks to operate in the country. However, the governor, who spoke at the National War College Course 16, said that such foreign applicants for banking licence should meet the CBN’s requirements, which include possession of a minimum equity capital of N25bn.

He also spoke on the Financial Services Strategy 2020 and the Nigerian Economy.

Three banks – Nigeria International Bank, Standard Chartered Bank and the IBTC Chartered Bank (which recently merged with Stanbic Bank) have dominant foreign ownership.

Institutions likely to benefit from a new licensing window include the Islamic Development Bank. IDB’s Country Representative, Chief Bisi Ogunjobi, recently disclosed that the organisation was seeking the nod of the apex to establish a full-fledged Islamic retail bank in the country.

Soludo said the deregulation of the financial industry did not imply that foreign institutions could take over the nation’s financial system.

According to him, ownership of dominant financial institutions has implication on a country’s security.

On the gains of economic reforms, the CBN boss said total credit had grown from 18 per cent to 30 per cent of Gross Domestic Product while the economy attracted a total foreign direct investment of $7bn in 2006.

He, however, observed that this was still less than the situation in many advanced countries where credit had grown to more than 100 per cent of their GDPs.

He said new banking institutions to be licensed in the country would not be permitted to take over any of the local banks which the apex bank regards as “our national champions.”

Soludo, while acknowledging the fast rate of penetration of banks since the consolidation exercise, said only 40 per cent of the bankable publics were covered by existing banks and their branch networks.

On FSS 2020, he said the plan was to concurrently strengthen the domestic financial markets; enhance integration with external financial markets and engineer Nigeria’s evolution into an international financial centre.

He said, “The first prong of our strategy for achieving our national aspirations focuses on strengthening our domestic financial markets. We will then use our strengthened financial sector as a catalyst to drive overall economic growth.

“The second prong of our strategy focuses on enhancing integration with external financial markets. We plan to focus on initiatives that would enable the financial sector to reinforce the expansion of our export base. In integrating with external markets, we plan to start with our regional bloc, and then expand to other global economic blocs.”

He said that the third prong of financial system strategy would focus on engineering Nigeria ’s evolution into an international financial centre.

“We plan to become an international financial centre in the medium- to long-term. We intend to leverage an area of strength as a key differentiating factor,” he said. - Punch]
Code:
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 10:12am On Nov 15, 2007
Hello all,
Please I'm pretty new to Nairaland and a growing investor in stocks. Please I need some advice.
1. What can you say about the Bagco offerIpumping) is it a good buy
2. I need information on mutual funds, should I buy into ERM agressive funds?
3. I am planning to sell some of my GTB shares to buy TRANSCORP, what do you think? I'm just speculating that TRANSCORP will bounce back, then I would sell off after some percentage appreciation. thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 10:18am On Nov 15, 2007
upward:

Hello all,
Please I'm pretty new to Nairaland and a growing investor in stocks. Please I need some advice.
3. I am planning to sell some of my GTB shares to buy TRANSCORP, what do you think? I'm just speculating that TRANSCORP will bounce back, then I would sell off after some percentage appreciation. thanks

Take the pain to read the last 10-15 pages of this thread.I am sure ur questions will be answered.Just take the pain.Cheers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Grouppoint(m): 10:21am On Nov 15, 2007
Hi guys. Does anyone have any news on Globe Re? I bought some shares from their private placement, with the hope that they'll be listing this October.
I read yesterday on Proshare that the list of 49 Insurance companies have been released. Does anyone know if GlobeRe is among the 49 Insurance companies cleared by NAICOM?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 10:53am On Nov 15, 2007
UDK:

@Walcolm

Nigerian Re-insurance has substantial stake in Globe Re-insurance.That is the link.

Grouppoint:

Hi guys. Does anyone have any news on Globe Re? I bought some shares from their private placement, with the hope that they'll be listing this October.
I read yesterday on Proshare that the list of 49 Insurance companies have been released. Does anyone know if GlobeRe is among the 49 Insurance companies cleared by NAICOM?

Gents,

Globe-RE is a re-insurance company and have taken steps to meet the capitalization requirement. i expect their name will be on that list that has been released and they should be able to get listed very soon, the industry brouhaha caused by J.I stalled their listing plans but now that things are beginneing to look up for d consolidation, they shld be able to move forward

If Nigerian-Re does indeed have a substantial stake in Globe-Re (i dont think it will materially affect the going concern nature of Globe-Re), i will expect steps to be taken to offload Nigerian-Re's holding to another core investor or current investors

there's really nothing to worry about
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 15, 2007
For those I sent tutorial please learn the basics and then I will send the tool for manual input later. I am currently writing my masters exam in Abuja. I will finish by months end. My manual tool is in lokoja Kogi state.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 11:00am On Nov 15, 2007
upward:

Hello all,

got your text but i didnt know who it was (u didnt put ur name at the end of the text)

1. some of the other eggheads in d house have expressed reservations about Bagco at the offer price. you might want to review their line of thoughts earlier on this thread.

2. i will suggest you indeed buy ARM Aggressive growth fund if you are interested in mutual funds

3. i wont advise you to sell a stock like GTbank to buy Transcorp. in the short term, GTB will give you more returns than transcorp can give you. GTB has been consistent over the years but Transcorp is just starting out

all da best
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 11:06am On Nov 15, 2007
Thanks damoche07, I'm doing that right now, but I just want to know what expert advice is on my selling GTB to buy TRABSCORP.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 11:17am On Nov 15, 2007
upward:

Thanks damoche07, I'm doing that right now, but I just want to know what expert advice is on my selling GTB to buy TRABSCORP.

Bad idea
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 11:17am On Nov 15, 2007
We should all realise that this thread is one of the best on Nairaland and we all should feel proud about it.

Have you realised that if you have about N2 million and you invest it wisely instead of purchasing a tokunbo car, you could reap returns as high as 350% on it. This would definitely buy you a better car with a 3 year warranty.
Also, this thread will help enlighten people and get them out of the miserable condition of no money in our country.

The wise ones will heed the call of this thread but for those who do not heed this call, you are on your own.

Join our train before its too late.

Three Gbosa for this thread.

Gbosa, Gbosa, Gbosa.

Guys, endeavour to buy Zenith Public Offer oh because of this rumoured merger between Zenith and ETB.

This would be a great Christmas Gift for all of us courtesy of Mr Jim the Dream Ovia.

Next year, the market is going to blow off the roof

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 11:20am On Nov 15, 2007
Hello,
I must say that I've gained remarkable information just being a part of this forum for less than 1 day. You guys are doing great.

Thank you so much walcolm for your input, sorry I forgot to add my name in the text, now you know.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 11:58am On Nov 15, 2007
We should all realise that this thread is one of the best on Nairaland and we all should feel proud about it.

Have you realised that if you have about N2 million and you invest it wisely instead of purchasing a tokunbo car, you could reap returns as high as 350% on it. This would definitely buy you a better car with a 3 year warranty.
Also, this thread will help enlighten people and get them out of the miserable condition of no money in our country.

The wise ones will heed the call of this thread but for those who do not heed this call, you are on your own.

Join our train before its too late.

Three Gbosa for this thread.

Gbosa, Gbosa, Gbosa.

Guys, endeavour to buy Zenith Public Offer oh because of this rumoured merger between Zenith and ETB.

This would be a great Christmas Gift for all of us courtesy of Mr Jim the Dream Ovia.

Next year, the market is going to blow off the roof
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2007
Hey Guys,

AIICO is on technical Suspension.

Looking at raising money from the Capital Market soon. I guess it will be between N2.00 and N2.40

Happy Investing. cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2007
@ololufemi
Do you work with Zenith?
because u must have mentioned this zenith offer like 10 times.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2007
Think twice towards the buying of Zenith ipo, they came out last year  with their p o, many of those partakers in that offer are still yet to sell, due to the delay of share certificate and all that, now they are about coming out again, i confirmed from a friend(staff of Zenith )yesterday  about their merging with ETI,   that,s  just a fallacy.  James Ibori,s case is rendering some of these banks nervous. My fellow nairalanders be wise and don,t look stupid to some smart brains.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2007
Osazeet,

It is ETB and not ETi

ETB Equitorial Trust Bank

ETI Ecobank Transnational Incorporated

You should have a CSCS number before you buy shares. That way, you receive your certificate electronically and can sell at anytime.

I want to pose a questions to Nairalanders,

Those who bought Zenith's first Initial Public Offer at N10.90, Did you not make a profit ?

Those who bought Zenith's next Public Offer at N16.50, Did you not make a profit ?

The price of Zenith Bank peaked at N68 some few months back

The reason why it is at its current price today is because of the Dividends and Bonus shares given to darling shareholders.

Ther is no scam in this, I smell that some people just want to enjoy the booty alone.

There is love in sharing information on this thread.

The other thing is that I'll post where I got the Zenith and ETB info from.

Nairalanders do some simple maths now.

Did you not see the 1st quarter results they declared.

Divide the Average PE for the Banking Industry by the Forward PE of Zenith Bank and multiply it by the current price.

Then you will realise how big it might seem.

Another information is that This is not an IPO. but a Po

IPO stands for Initial Public Offer while PO stands for Public Offer and it is a Hybrid one too.

Note that I do not work for Zenith but I am a shareholder in the great bank

Buy Buy Buy Zenith Bank, Always in your best Interest grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by UDK(m): 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2007
@Walcolm

Globe RE did not make the list of 49 insurance companies that made the recapitalisation. What will be the fate of investors in the concluded PP? Use link to access list. http://www.tribune.com.ng/15112007/news/news3.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2007
Hello everyone, hope bodi dey
I use UBA as my stockbrokers through their NRN services for nigerians abroad and came across this. It appears to be updated everyday, the thing I like about it is that it breaks it down in an easy to read chart for supply and demand.
http://www.ubagroup.com/stockbrokers/docs/stockrecomendation.pdf

Many folks here will be excited to see their trusted see Wema bank grin as huge demand low supply, other notable companies to the list are Nig-german, WAPCO, CAP, JB, Conoil, University Press etc

@ololufemi, abeg chill small now, Ovia no be God, abi na u be the son of his sister's brother's cousin??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2007
I know say Jim the Dream Ovia is not GOD Almighty

He is being used by God Almighty to bless fellow Nigerians (Not Military style oh)

I will chill for now but remember say I talk am oh.

Join the train before it is late.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2007
@naijadr
whats uba stockbrokers like? are they timely in executin orders?

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.