Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,145 members, 7,860,109 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:44 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (819855 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Talktrue(m): 11:12am On Nov 14, 2007
D-DOTS:

To all the Gurus,

I throway salute. You guys are simply amazing!!!!

Could you please advise which site has info on nigerian stocks where I can utilise Technical Analysis indicators like MACD, Fast/
Slow Stochastics etc. as this would complement the very sound fundamental analysis we get from this site. I have tried nigeriansecurities but there is no provision yet for applying any form of indicators to their charts/graphs. Could any Technical analyst please advise how I can use charting softwares like Telechart on nigerian stocks. How can I extract the info from nigeriansecurities.com or indeed any other site unto an excel spreadsheet and then feed into Telechart. Please advise

Try www.fsdhsecurities.com you can upload their data to excel and do what you want with it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Talktrue(m): 11:17am On Nov 14, 2007
Can any one share the Q2 and possibly Q3 result for AIICO.
The oustanding shares stand at 1.7b against 1.4b. I guess the additional 300m is from the 25% investment by AIG. If not where is the additional shares coming from please.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:34am On Nov 14, 2007
MyPeace:

Re: Red Star Express

Since they are listed as Red Star Express, does it mean FEDEX revenue/profit will be excluded from the total revenue/profit of the year?

l know Fedex the international partner has alot influence on the performance of Red Star Express.

Red Star Express is the company that is listed and not FEDEX. So the revenue/profit of FEDEX does not impact on Red Star Express at all.

I think Red Star is planning for an IPO. No date yet but it was mentioned not too long ago.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:49am On Nov 14, 2007
wanaj0:

Red Star Express is the company that is listed and not FEDEX. So the revenue/profit of FEDEX does not impact on Red Star Express at all.

I think Red Star is planning for an IPO. No date yet but it was mentioned not too long ago.

I tried finding a connection between  Fedex and Redstar and so far nothing apart from the fact that REdstar said they have a strategic partnership with Fedex(i'm assuming this on the operational and logistics level and not on the ownership/capital structure)

Redstar is a wholly owned nigerian company as it says on their website so not sure why the article pumping777 posted is linking Fedex to Redstar. So the long and short of it is that whatever Fedex does will not affect Redstar's bottomline.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2007
damoche07:

@pumping777. Link not okay.Thanks

Could anyone access this link? It works for me.

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/4642fd5emb4d0c819/bc/Shares/PHB+Full+prospectus1.pdf?bfV4qOHBM97eOumb
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2007
pumping777:

Could anyone access this link? It works for me.

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/4642fd5emb4d0c819/bc/Shares/PHB+Full+prospectus1.pdf?bfV4qOHBM97eOumb

Thanks for the link and it works for me
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 1:09pm On Nov 14, 2007
Hello Guys and to all my peeps,

Easimoni, Pumping777, Wanajo, Roughcut and etc

Just got some news from the grapevine.

Heard Dangote Flour may get to about N40 -N45 early next year. I pray it does.

Also heard that there may be a merger between Zenith and ETB soon. This will be the bomb.

Any views on these.

One Naija, the greatest country in the World.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2007
ololufemi:

Hello Guys and to all my peeps,

Easimoni, Pumping777, Wanajo, Roughcut and etc

Just got some news from the grapevine.

Heard Dangote Flour may get to about N40 -N45 early next year. I pray it does.

Also heard that there may be a merger between Zenith and ETB soon. This will be the bomb.

Any views on these.

One Naija, the greatest country in the World.

Things are just getting interesting by the day! Nigeria how i love thee

Infact if what you have just shared  gets repeated in a few more circles guess what happens to ETB share price

Actually i think wanaj0 shared the same on this forum regarding Zenith/ETB
wanaj0 any more gist regarding this?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2007
ikeja hotels gained max today, 14 deals, easimoni and pumping, why do i think u are the ones buying? grin

But the real story of the day is ubn and wema trading over 10 billion naira each.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donilors: 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2007
The Gurus,

How una dey?, Whats ur take on this
Airline Services 3rd quarter result causes rally in share price.

Saw this on stockmarketnigeria website, any info on this guys?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2007
Tranex traded about 21k shares today, for a stock that barely trades at all, this is interesting,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2007
Temmie10:

ikeja hotels gained max today, 14 deals, easimoni and pumping, why do i think u are the ones buying? grin

But the real story of the day is ubn and wema trading over 10 billion naira each.

I suspect an interim result is in the works for UBN. Timing is everything. We should have caught on to this by now.  sad

Ikeja Hotels - Wow. I was still expecting a drop actually so I'm yet to buy any.

easimoni got this one spon on. The market became rational sooner than later. 160,800 units only which is just about half a million bucks. The volume is still very low. Let's see how it plays out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2007
@pumping777.

The link is not working for me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2007
Panadol:

@pumping777.

The link is not working for me.

It's a pdf file so be sure to have Adobe on your machine.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2007
Temmie10:

still waiting to hear from you
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2007
pumping,
thanks for the info u've been dishing out in this forum, the link for the platinum prospectus isnt working for me.is there no other we can partake of this sumptious numbers?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2007
@pumping777,

Please email it to me at     s_class600 (at) yahoo.com

Thanks!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2007
Panadol:

@pumping777,

Please email it to me at s_class600@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Ok, I'll mail it to you. If anyone else can't access it, send me an email at pumping777 (at) yahoo.com.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2007
hey pumping and co, u might want to edit your email and use [at] instead of @ because that way spammers dont grab it from here so easily, or better yet delete it and send personal messages.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2007
Naijadr:

hey pumping and co, u might want to edit your email and use [at] instead of @ because that way spammers don't grab it from here so easily, or better yet delete it and send personal messages.

Thanks. I've modified it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2007
Temmie10:

I bought on monday. I hoped I was close to the bottom for a change. But pumping is right; the volume is too low to predict a reversal.

Wema I understand; fair value is 18+ accourding to IBTC. UBN, that's a head-scratcher. 
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2007
@ D-DOTS,
my 2008 resolution (not too early to think about it) per investing is to blend tech analysis into my skill set. Done a bit of reading on investopedia. Is there a demo software I can get my hands on that can do the analysis for me?

@Youngdoc
RE: MArgin trading
Liver no gree me yet. I have to make a call in a few days. 1Q 08 is likely going to be quite bullish. Now is the time (if ever). Being out of naija doesn't help either.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2007
HSBC, Merrill Lynch, Citigroup eye Union Bank
By Goddy Egene
Published: Monday, 17 Sep 2007

Three leading global financial institutions are said to be showing interest in buying into the Union Bank of Nigeria Plc.

The move followed the decision of the bank to sell 30 per cent of its shareholding to foreign investors.

Most of the leading banks in Nigeria have formed alliance with foreign investors as part of strategies to remain competitive.

In an apparent move to boost operations and retain its position as a leading financial conglomerate in the country, the directors of Union Bank have decided to give up 30 per cent of their equity holdings to foreign investors.

Shareholders of the bank are expected to later approve the proposal at an Extra-Ordinary General Meeting, scheduled to hold in Kano this month.

However, reliable capital market sources said that HSBC Bank, Merrill Lynch and Citigroup have already shown interest in taking up the shares.

Headquartered in London, HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. Its international network comprises over 10,000 offices in 83 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, the Americas, the Middle East and Africa.

On the other hand, Merrill Lynch is one of the world’s leading wealth management, capital markets and advisory companies, with offices in 38 countries and territories. It has total client assets of approximately $1.7tn.

Citigroup, on the other hand, is an international financial conglomerate, with operations in consumer, corporate and investment banking and insurance involving some 200million customer accounts in more than 100 countries.

Our correspondent gathered that the three financial institutions had shown interest but the directors of Union Bank were more favourably disposed to HSBC and Merrill Lynch as Citigroup already has a subsidiary in Nigeria.

However, the Managing Director of Nigeria International Bank (Citibank), Mr. Emeka Emuwa, told our correspondent on the telephone on Sunday that he had heard about the speculation.

He, however, dismissed it as a ‘rumour’.

According to a market operator, “Going by the trend in the market, all the major banks have strategic foreign investors. There are strong indications that some foreign investors may have bought into First Bank of Nigeria Plc during its last public offering.

“Union Bank cannot be left behind and the move is commendable, because having some strategic alliances with some foreign investors will make the bank to remain competitive.”

It was gathered that Union Bank had decided not to give the 30 per cent to one foreign investor.

The bank was also said to have inscripted a clause that in the event of exit by the foreign investors in the future, Union Bank would be given the right of first refusal.

The Principal Manager, Corporate Affairs, Union Bank, Mr. Francis Barde, said it was too early to confirm the development, when our correspondent contacted him.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 14, 2007
I use technical analysis in buying stocks but i use it manually.
It will be difficult to enter the prices of a stock over a period manually into a given chart.
I only try to determine the bottom value of the stock when it has bottomed out and it has worked for it for two stocks this past two months
Bought 1000000 units of NEM at 1.81 and sold at 2.36 and made a profit of about 400k in two weeks
Bought 1000000 units of AIICO @ 2.97 and have placed an order at 3.45 hoping to make about 400k from this sale this week

Welcome to the world of Technical charts
Was about to use it for Ikeja Hotels but it seems i have missed out on this. Wanted to be very greedy to get it at the lowest possible price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2007
Unic Half year unaduited 30 June 2007

2007 2006 Change %
T/O 1.065 0.659 61.61%
PBT (N bn) 0.300 0.240 25.00%
PAT (N bn) 0.250 0.191 30.89%
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 14, 2007
anyone who is interested in technical charts should send me a mail and i will send you some basic tools in analysing charts technically using
MACD
Relative STrength Index (RSI)
Bolinger Bands
Exponential Moving Averages (EMA), etc
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2007
EMMAACHILE:

Unic Half year unaduited 30 June 2007

2007 2006 Change %
T/O 1.065 0.659 61.61%
PBT (N bn) 0.300 0.240 25.00%
PAT (N bn) 0.250 0.191 30.89%
`

Good result. Projected PE around 15.5.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2007
easimoni:

@ D-DOTS,
my 2008 resolution (not too early to think about it) per investing is to blend tech analysis into my skill set. Done a bit of reading on investopedia. Is there a demo software I can get my hands on that can do the analysis for me?

@Youngdoc
RE: MArgin trading
Liver no gree me yet. I have to make a call in a few days. 1Q 08 is likely going to be quite bullish. Now is the time (if ever). Being out of naija doesn't help either.
And you cant tap into the credit market in the US?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DDOTS1(m): 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2007
@easimoni

I used to use Telechart but stopped my subscription when I could'nt use it for Naija stocks. However, I believe they have a 30 day free trial at http://www.worden.com/SoftwarePricing.aspx
Emmachile has also said he'd send his tools/ charts to anyone so might be a good idea to drop him a line

@Emmachile,

Have sent you a mail. Hope you got it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2007
Hello Emmaachile,

Please can you send me those stuff to teetall2002@yahoo.com and how to analyse them,

Thanks bro and I'm counting on you.

God bless
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2007
RoughCut:

And you can't tap into the credit market in the US?

HMMMMMMMM. undecided Off to crunch some numbers!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by krisbobo(m): 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2007
@Emmaachile

I just mail you about the technical charts and asking advice on something else.

Please reply.

@Easimoni

Bro, you don forget me? i mailed you since yesterday and I never see your response o!

Abeg reply sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.