Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,377 members, 7,861,038 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:49 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820004 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2007
Easimoni,

Where you don dey, I don miss you oh

O'll boy how u dey now. Just showing some interest and checking out the bro
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2007
Nigsecurities finally updated!
All hail NIG-GERMAN, it just keeps climbing
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2007
ololufemi:

Countdown to the bears seizing grip of the insurance sector of the stockmarket.

Two (+ or -) days to go.

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick tock,

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fidson is a good company but need to look at their figures and compare with the industry/sector average.

Na wa o 4 this bearishly looking person! Your bearish comments along this line are beginning to sound monotonous. You've made your opinion vividly clear, but stop using them repeatedly in shaking naive investors   angry angry( For me sha! , no shaking!).

Abeg, remember there are no permanent champions in this market! It's a zero-sum game! Nah people (no be machines) dey buy all these shares at any given price/time . People wey probably and positively see things on the horizon dat you no fit see at all!! Nuff said!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2007
This out stock market self na wa o! who was shouting thank God for union bank d other day? they lost a whole N9.23 in one day. what happened? that is about all the profit they made earlier.
can the gurus shed light on this?
similar thing happened to AP when they made about N4 everyday for some days and then went back to lose it.
Any ideas?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2007
lawalidowu:

This out stock market self na wa o! who was shouting thank God for union bank d other day? they lost a whole N9.23 in one day. what happened? that is about all the profit they made earlier.
can the gurus shed light on this?
similar thing happened to AP when they made about N4 everyday for some days and then went back to lose it.
Any ideas?

Union Bank was adjusted for bonus and dividend today
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2007
all Gurus, please let me enjoy the benefit of my mutual benefits oh. any thots on peak out prices. would you advise jumping out of benefit @N4.5 to go into Access for a gain of N5 within 3 months. shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2007
any chance u can compare someone that bought union bank on friday to someone that bought today. does the affect the share volume?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2007
Lawal Idowu,

That's what I was trying to tell Mr No shaking there. It's better we look out for each other. I am not saying that people should not buy, but when prices have gone up by about 23 % (5% starting from Wednesday last week) it is not wise to enter because we know say some individual with a lot of stocks - I am talking about hundreds of millions go just sell am and those who have the thousands will probably get burnt.

The large players determine where the market goes.

Imagine someone trading off about 30 million units of a particular stock if all those stocks are on offer and nobody wants to buy.

No shaking, I am sure you have your gameplan but no let us mislead people to think the stock market is a guessing game.

Tht insurance game is getting scary everyday. They did another 5% today.

If it continues till next weeek, good but I can still catch up when they surely come down.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2007
Sorry for responding late to the queries. Can see that others are doing justice to issues raised.

UBA and First Bank buying into Transcorp? Not sure that is true. I think the banks are just converting their loans to equity.

First Bank to get N10bn (not N1.1bn) from the botched IIL deal. If that happens, the PAT of First Bank will be credited with an extra ordinary income of N10bn. Don't forget that First Bank wrote of that money in a single financial year. If this money is returned, then the price of First Bank will hit the roof tops!!!

Nigerian German is doing fine. Can still see headroom.

Longman and Beta Glass are not very liquid stock so be careful. Longman Q4 result is always very high. Don't forget it is a book publishing company. Q4 is the time when they make most sales. That's when schools are starting a new session. Hence the skewed nature of the earnings.

Insurance, be careful!!! The problem is not over. Except many court cases. The insurance consolidation is an example of how not to do things. I expect the current jubilation to be shortlived. Moreover, the current run is just out of excitement. The money is yet to be released!!!!! The list is the same 'initial' list but excluding NICON and Nigerian Re. I expect many more additions and subtractions as days go buy.

UNIC is good. Would like to see how they treated the non-life part of their business. Plan was to sell it but not sure who they sold it to.

For short term traders, be careful!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2007
Whats happening to this thread?

Its losing the serenity,smoothness and blend of ideas and information that has characterised it in recent times. I am not happy with this 25%,1%,bail out strategy,bear is gonna eat u up by friday,the wise dog listens to the hunter's whistle etc. posts.Anybody else noticed it or i am the one that needs to check up myself?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2007
Guys, Guys, Guys,

News from the grapevine.

Just got a text saying First Bank may receive the money it forfeited at the Nitel/IILL deal that the financed. The sum is 100 million dollars which translates to over N10 billion . If this is true and it comes into their financials for the current financial period as an exceptional item,

What happened in 2006 may repeat itself when the price traded at a maximum of N72 from about N26 and a bonus issue of 1 share for every 1 held.

Guys its time for those who own first bank shares too start praying and fasting oh.

Over N10 billion ,

The bulls may be coming for First Bank soon if this is true.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2007
Damouche Abeg no vex oh.

Sorry if those comments posted offended you
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2007
no_shaking:

Na wa o 4 this bearishly looking person! Your bearish comments along this line are beginning to sound monotonous. You've made your opinion vividly clear, but stop using them repeatedly in shaking naive investors   angry angry( For me sha! , no shaking!).

Abeg, remember there are no permanent champions in this market! It's a zero-sum game! Nah people (no be machines) dey buy all these shares at any given price/time . People wey probably and positively see things on the horizon that you no fit see at all!! Nuff said!!

BE HONEST, YOU'RE SHAKING BADLY.
You put everything into insurance??.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:13pm On Nov 19, 2007
damoche07:

Its losing the serenity,smoothness and blend of ideas and information that has characterised it in recent times. I am not happy with this 25%,1%,bail out strategy,bear is going to eat u up by friday,the wise dog listens to the hunter's whistle etc. posts.Anybody else noticed it or i am the one that needs to check up myself?

You are not alone.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:13pm On Nov 19, 2007
First Bank issue--- this may be  a rumour or it may be true.

But this sort of story (true or not) may result in serious speculation on this stock and will push up the price in anticipation of an exceptional profit declaration.

Those that have any number crunching on First Bank should post , let's look at the mumbers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2007
damoche07:

Its losing the serenity,smoothness and blend of ideas and information that has characterised it in recent times. I am not happy with this 25%,1%,bail out strategy,bear is going to eat u up by friday,the wise dog listens to the hunter's whistle etc. posts.Anybody else noticed it or i am the one that needs to check up myself?

It is the hype of the "bullish run" of the last 3 days that has increased the adrenaline of @Fatherof 2 , @ololufemi and @no shaking.

I apologise on their behalf.

On a serious note, we need to keep this thread focused on the good and qualitative stuff.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:23pm On Nov 19, 2007
Does anyone have numbers on Berger paints? The numbers I have are too good to be true,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:24pm On Nov 19, 2007
ololufemi:

Guys, Guys, Guys,

News from the grapevine.

Just got a text saying First Bank may receive the money it forfeited at the Nitel/IILL deal that the financed. The sum is 100 million dollars which translates to over N10 billion . If this is true and it comes into their financials for the current financial period as an exceptional item,

What happened in 2006 may repeat itself when the price traded at a maximum of N72 from about N26 and a bonus issue of 1 share for every 1 held.

Guys its time for those who own first bank shares too start praying and fasting oh.

Over N10 billion ,

The bulls may be coming for First Bank soon if this is true.

THIS IS WHY I'VE TOLD YOU, BUY ON RUMOUR, SELL ON NEWS.
Someone has just posted a good Rumour NOW.I'm going shopping tomorrow. The word will spread.I heard same at about 8:30am this morning.
Speculators will jump in as soon as its slightly confirmed.THEN WILL SELL ANYTIME AFTER THE FAVOURABLE NEWS COMES OUT.
Act now.
It was already on my buy list from January as we await 9months.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ YodiYokun

Thanks a lot for the concern. I appreciate it but we need to let people understand certain things.

I noticed that people were being encouraged to buy, buy, buy in a bullish market which I know Pumpimg, Yourself, Easimoni would not do.

My question to you.

Did you buy any insurance stock today?

Anyway thanks and I apologise for the rancour in the house.

The First bank issue. I just got the info though its speculative but if it is true, your guess is as good as mine.

I still remain loyal

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Simply humble[
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 4:26pm On Nov 19, 2007
damoche07:

I strongly agree with you, is as if the thread is gradually degenerating to another thing. This thread started as an educative centre for those who want to learn and those who are already dealing in stock business but  the aim is gradually being trampled upon by the way some members react to questions.

We can never be the same because there is always individual differences in virtually everything we do as human being so we should always endeavour to respect each others views and criticize constructively wheneven the need arises.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2007
yodiyokun:

It is the hype of the "bullish run" of the last 3 days that has increased the adrenaline of @Fatherof 2 , @ololufemi and @no shaking.

I apologise on their behalf.

On a serious note, we need to keep this thread focused on the good and qualitative stuff.

Thanks for the apology.I owe you one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2007
Pumping777

Post your numbers and lets see what you have.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2007
Outstanding Shares: 0.22B
Projected PAT :0.13B
PE Ratio (yesterday) :13.66
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2007
pumping777:

Outstanding Shares: 0.22B
Projected PAT :0.13B
PE Ratio (yesterday) :13.66

Very good PE.But its getting high now.Closed at N8 today. Entry price is N6.50 - N7

A N10 stock.Lets see how this week pans out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by IykeD1(m): 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2007

Good news for Transcorp peeps this morning!!

First Bank and UBA planning to buy substantially into Transcorp to become major stakeholders and subsequently present directors to serve on the board etc

Hoping the coming of these two megabanks into Transcorp would positively and swiftly impact on the turnaround process(turnaround sha? Huh jumpstarting? Undecided or whatever process) of Transcorp.

Happy investing esp this anticipated bullish week

@ No_shaking

Do you have any reference for the above or is it largely rumors or insider info?
In essence, link please! Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2007
Yes Berger Paints have appreciated by 20% from last week monday till date.

However, can we attribute this gain to the current bullish trend ? or to what.

What is the guaratee that the entry price of 6.50 will be feasible soon?

What of opportunity cost consideration - are there better deals out there.

@Pumping,

Where did you get your figures? I just checked cashcraft.com now and the no of shares listed for Berger Paint is 1.734B

I have searched for their result and no luck.

Please clarify ooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2007
FatherOF2:

Very good PE.But its getting high now.Closed at N8 today. Entry price is N6.50 - N7

A N10 stock.Lets see how this week pans out.

I already bought at N6.60 and due to the appreciation I wanted to check if I still need to hold or sell after some more appreciation.

@yodiyokun - Right now I can't recall where I got the outstanding shares numbers from. Probably Meristem/NSE. Sometimes both are wrong.

You will find Berger's results here in the half year results block.

http://www.nigerianinvestments.com/story.php?id=44
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2007
pumping777:

I already bought at N6.60 and due to the appreciation I wanted to check if I still need to hold or sell after some more appreciation.

@yodiyokun - Right now I can't recall where I got the outstanding shares numbers from. Probably Meristem/NSE. Sometimes both are wrong.

You will find Berger's results here in the half year results block.

http://www.nigerianinvestments.com/story.php?id=44

Thanks for this link PUMPING.

You're a pumping machine.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tundetire: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2007
I need information on Ashaka Cement, can someone tell me what is happening in that company?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tundetire: 5:44pm On Nov 19, 2007
I need information on Ashaka Cement, can someone tell me what is happening in that company?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2007
Nairalanders,my dad is opening and reading my share certificates b/4 it gets to me,how do i avoid this because i dont want him to see my UBA,FBN,OCEANIC AND ACCESS that are yet to come. he is definitely going to scream if he sees that?.Pls the gurus respond.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2007
haha I'm guessing u live in his place then better change your address to somewhere else that u trust.
I'm assuming you are also grown, abi na him dey feed u, so he'll be surprised as to how much you are spending on NSE as opposed to contributing for house grin
husu:

Nairalanders,my dad is opening and reading my share certificates b/4 it gets to me,how do i avoid this because i don't want him to see my UBA,FBN,OCEANIC AND ACCESS that are yet to come. he is definitely going to scream if he sees that?.Please the gurus respond.

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.