Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816693 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2007
@All,

May I seize this opportunity to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. May you have a lot to be thankful for. May your turkey be sweet and juicy.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:38pm On Nov 20, 2007
Hello Stock aficiondos

Does anyone have information on the certificates of First Bank, Oceanic Bank.

Would appreciate it.

Thanks a lot
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:56pm On Nov 20, 2007
Sovereign Trust added 1 billion supplementary shares to its total outstanding

@All,

May I seize this opportunity to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. May you have a lot to be thankful for. May your turkey be sweet and juicy.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
!!!

Wish you the same bro
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oawele: 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2007
@ all
i was going through a nigerian investment site and they were teaching me how to use trade point.
this trade point sounds intresting but the challenge i`m having is that i can not down load the software.
has any one heard about this and does any one have this tool?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2007
@oawele

Are you awele oleah?

Just Curious
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2007
Naijadr:

wow this bullish trend continues, decisions decisions approaching exit point of one of my stocks cool
what do u guys think the influence of the release of the 1ast bank PO shares will be on the market in the next week or so. With the huge influx will it not initially depress the stock price?

Really, 1st bank's PO shares will be listed next week? My hypothesis is that even though FBN tried to reduce the gap btwn the PO and market price by issuing that bonus, so many people buy POs with borrowed funds that they'd have no choice but to sell it once they get the certs. Expect a depression but not a huge one. Oceanic seem to be managing their share price well. FBN should do the same.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by whitelexi(m): 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2007
Happily watching GTB go up daily grin

I bought during the IPO in 2004 and if this continues at this rate until friday, my gains will run into greater amounts.

Wonderful birthday present grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cutebabe: 8:17pm On Nov 20, 2007
Peeps,

Has anyone got their Oceanic Certificate or First Bank yet.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 8:36pm On Nov 20, 2007
@pangolo,jehosaphat

I don't think the refund of 10 billion Naira to 1st Bank has anything to do with current travails of Nitel so it will go ahead regardless. The refund was announced months ago.

As a Transcorp shareholder it's handling is fast becoming a national embarrassment - 100% Nigerian. I am glad that the banks have insisted on the appointment of the new directors. A lot of the initial difficulties were due to differences between the big shareholders. Some of them clearly with conflict of interest between Transcorp and their personal businesses.

I think all will be well with the senate hearings, as Transcorp paid too much for the company. They are also allegation of sabotage of Nitel by striking workers and competitors.

Good news is I now regularly get calls made through MTel from Nigeria.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by toskin: 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2007
@easimoni,pumping777 et al
i read in the punch newspapers of today that FG wants to review the sale of Nitel to Transcorp.What effect do you think this wlll have on their shares.

Thanks to all the Gurus in the house.I cannot do without this forum in a day.It is so addictive.Would you believe i was talking to my broker yesterday with all the arsenals i have gathered in this forum,and he asked me if i am attending lectures to qualify as a stockbroker.
What a good laugh i had!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by capuchi: 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2007
@easimoni, temmie FatherOF2 or EMMAACHILE or other gurus

Do you think ocenic will increase to like 20% before the year runs out considering the love of dividends by nigerians and the rumoured bonus?
I am thinking of buying it 2morrow
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 9:49pm On Nov 20, 2007
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have the correct phone number for WEMA REGISTRARS?. The one I have(01-2666778) is not going through. The line is no longer in service.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oawele: 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2007
@ololufemi
nope i`aint awele o, .
just name sake
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oawele: 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2007
has any body heard of trade point?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by X2X(m): 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2007
Someone kindly enlighten me on the proceedure for claiming your rights.
Can a stockbroker, on your instruction, exercise your right on your behalf?

This information is required in connection with Zenith Hybrid offer. I hear it begins on the 6th.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:37pm On Nov 20, 2007
@ easimoni, if youre out there, na wa for this bull run  ooooooooo.
cant find anything to enter.
what is your forecast eps for dangote sugar. ibtc puts at 2.65, so at a pe of 17-18, it should be at least 45naira, whats ur eps cos i need to compare. this is the only stock i have been able to enter so far.
which stocks are u looking at
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2007
oawele:

has any body heard of trade point?

Nope. What is it about?

capuchi:

@easimoni, temmie FatherOF2 or EMMAACHILE or other gurus

Do you think ocenic will increase to like 20% before the year runs out considering the love of dividends by nigerians and the rumoured bonus?
I am thinking of buying it 2morrow

Oceanic just sold 11B shares to bring the total to 22B? Not 100% sure, left my s.sheet at work. If they do a split, we are looking at a min of 25B shares, maybe more. That would not be smart. Can it appreciate 20%. It's possible, esp if they beat the forecast. I don't think it's likely though.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:48pm On Nov 20, 2007
shigidi:

@ easimoni, if youre out there, na wa for this bull run ooooooooo.
can't find anything to enter.
what is your forecast eps for dangote sugar. ibtc puts at 2.65, so at a pe of 17-18, it should be at least 45naira, whats your eps because i need to compare. this is the only stock i have been able to enter so far.

SHIGIDIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!
How now? where have u been hiding?

True talk. This is a seller's market now o! We buyers must siddon look. Can't compete with the institutional investors for stocks at the moment. Hoping the "pullback" will happen next week.

I ordered some Access with a limit of 19.10, I hope they got some yesterday. If not, I'm joining u on Dang Sugar because (outside of Beta Glass) all the fundamentally good stocks have left the station. My forward EPS jives with IBTCs. It's not a money-doubler but a very safe pick.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RolandE(m): 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2007
IS FIRST BANK OR OCEANIC CERTIFICATE OUT?
I REPEAT,
IS FIRST BANK OR OCEANIC CERTIFICATE OUT
PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY KINDLY TELL ME.
COS I,M DIEING TO GET A YES ANSWER.
GOD BLESS U ALL.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2007
shigidi:

@ easimoni, if youre out there, na wa for this bull run  ooooooooo.
can't find anything to enter.
what is your forecast eps for dangote sugar. ibtc puts at 2.65, so at a pe of 17-18, it should be at least 45naira, whats your eps because i need to compare. this is the only stock i have been able to enter so far.

I have Dangote's eps as 2.38 with PE of 15.12.

Did you enter Beta Glass??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:04pm On Nov 20, 2007
@ pumping777, i have not entered beta glass yet, its not liquid and thats my problem, i wish to enter access and will hope to enter beta glass ASAP. if crusader hits 6, i am selling, there is no fundamental attahment to this movement northward.
ur eps for dang sugar looks accurate but i am of the view that they hi most profit in Q4 so that 2.65 might be just right( i pray so). the moment i enter beta glass i will let u know/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:10pm On Nov 20, 2007
Roland E:

IS FIRST BANK OR OCEANIC CERTIFICATE OUT?
I REPEAT,
IS FIRST BANK OR OCEANIC CERTIFICATE OUT
PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY KINDLY TELL ME.
COS I,M DIEING TO GET A YES ANSWER.
GOD BLESS You ALL.

Oceanic certs are out (not that I bought any). Some peeps on this forum have confirmed as much. 1st bank, I don't think so.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by capuchi: 11:15pm On Nov 20, 2007
i have been trying to sell my 300,000 units of wema bank since it was placed on technical suspension, but my roker has been unable to sell any of the units even though it has been trading averagely of over 1 million units daily since the TS, ANY REASON WHY THEY CAN'T SELL?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:17pm On Nov 20, 2007
shigidi:

@ pumping777, i have not entered beta glass yet, its not liquid and thats my problem, i wish to enter access and will hope to enter beta glass ASAP. if crusader hits 6, i am selling, there is no fundamental attahment to this movement northward.
your eps for dang sugar looks accurate but i am of the view that they hi most profit in Q4 so that 2.65 might be just right( i pray so). the moment i enter beta glass i will let u know/

On dangote EPS, are we talking forward or trailing?

On Ins Coys, the released funds will contribute to the bottom line. Some of them will be able to support triple digit growth in 2008 with the additional capital. If so, Crusader will be in double figures in late 08 (sans the stinking PO).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2007
shigidi:

your eps for dang sugar looks accurate but i am of the view that they hi most profit in Q4 so that 2.65 might be just right( i pray so). the moment i enter beta glass i will let u know/

I tried entering Access yesterday @19 but shot too low for the offers today. I will enter Beta tomorrow with low volume. Yet to make up my mind on Access if I should up my bid.  if I do, I hope they are able to post a half year PAT of at least 6.5B. That should make it worthwhile.

I entered Dangote about a week ago for around N34 but not very decent volume.

As much as I want to sit down and look I'm just so restless. I will sell most of any insurance stock that crosses a healthy PE except my Lawunion. Unic and Crusader should be the last ones standing. Unic because of the mark down yesterday that prevented the 5% gain. At the end of this week even if the 5% gain continues, both will still have forward PE less than 20.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2007
capuchi:

i have been trying to sell my 300,000 units of wema bank since it was placed on technical suspension, but my roker has been unable to sell any of the units even though it has been trading averagely of over 1 million units daily since the TS, ANY REASON WHY THEY CAN'T SELL?

They can't sell because 150M units were offered for sale. Why are u trying to sell? because it's on TS? Sorry to break it to u, but so are tons of other people. and who would want to but a stock that can't move for 3 months? You should try to move a stock b4 it goes on TS. It's hard to do but I warned everyone and my prediction was only a day early. You may have no choice but to wait it out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:30pm On Nov 20, 2007
pumping777:

As much as I want to sit down and look I'm just so restless. I will sell most of any insurance stock that crosses a healthy PE except my Lawunion. Unic and Crusader should be the last ones standing. Unic because of the mark down yesterday that prevented the 5% gain. At the end of this week even if the 5% gain continues, both will still have forward PE less than 20.

Restless is an understatement 4 me. I'm trying so hard to not be trigger happy with my Wema loot. Selling my Ins Coys will only make me more cash heavy. I don't know what to do o. tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Princesege(m): 11:38pm On Nov 20, 2007
I heard that Firstinland is suspended from trading. Can anyone confirm this pls. I wanted to offload when my broker informed. It is good to offload at this time. I have made 62% already.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 11:41pm On Nov 20, 2007
Hello,

Is there any explanation on WEMA's present state. I have noticed that it remained N15 for two days now?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2007
Princesege:

I heard that Firstinland is suspended from trading. Can anyone confirm this please. I wanted to offload when my broker informed. It is good to offload at this time. I have made 62% already.

First Inland is on TS.You should have sold when you reached 50%.Kai.
Most people want to reach heaven first before selling.
You don't know future,sell next time when you reach your target.
@ Nazzyon

Wema dey TSSSSSS,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Obamedo: 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2007
@capuchi

Can you confirm by any other means that your broker has not sold your Wema behind your back
There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to sell when there are people out there buying

Goodluck
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 11:51pm On Nov 20, 2007
@ CAPUCHI

Lets see what happens to Oceanic by next week.You could still get 20% or more on it if you buy at N29.The price could slide down next week because we would be coming to the end of the month and all those who took loans to buy, would want to sell to credit their accounts for the interest payments.You can then re-enter oceanic.Results are due this December.

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.