Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:39 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820023 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 11:57pm On Nov 20, 2007
FatherOF2:

First Inland is on TS.You should have sold when you reached 50%.Kai.
Most people want to reach heaven first before selling.
You don't know future,sell next time when you reach your target.
@ Nazzyon

Wema dey TSSSSSS,

I didn't get your message
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:02am On Nov 21, 2007
nazzyon:

I didn't get your message

Sorry Wema is on Technical Suspension so it can't move.It'll be stuck at N15 for the next 3-4months.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oawele: 12:13am On Nov 21, 2007
@ easimoni

i learnt about trade points from this site

http://www.trw-stockbrokers.com/trading%20points/features.aspx

i tried downloading the software and i guess it has been moved or removed.

@all
how do i add quotes from previous comment to my new comments?

does any one have more infor on trade points? i like the software.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 12:22am On Nov 21, 2007
Thanks for the response. I still have a long way to go with WEMA
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:25am On Nov 21, 2007
oawele:

@ easimoni

@all

Click on reply, then scroll down the screen,identify the comment you want to view and click on "insert quote".
Click reply and you'll see your comment along with the old comment.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:52am On Nov 21, 2007
oawele:

@ easimoni

@all

Interesting thing is that when you try to quote a particular post, after you click reply, you may not see the post if it is on the next page or let's just say far back.

One way around this is to search for the user, "show last posts of this person" and then quote the relevant post.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 1:39am On Nov 21, 2007
kuksie:

Sorry 'bout that, please mail the spreadsheet to bayokukoyi(at)gmail.com.
Thanks

@kuksie

I sent you a private mail to your address 5 minutes ago!

Reply please.Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 1:40am On Nov 21, 2007
kuksie:

Sorry 'bout that, please mail the spreadsheet to bayokukoyi(at)gmail.com.
Thanks

@kuksie

Reply please.Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 5:11am On Nov 21, 2007
Hey my people for those who read charts can someone confirm if this NIG-GERMAN chart looks like its going to correct sideways and possibly be a good example of a high-tight flag price pattern??

http://www.firstglobalselect.com/scripts/cgiip.wsc/globalone/htm/quote_and_news.r?pisharetype-id=6090

Thats what it looks like to me all signs are pointing towards it, but would like others input on this.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:17am On Nov 21, 2007
Guys, Zenith PO will be starting on the 6th of December and ending on the 17th of January.
This promises to be a good one
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 7:29am On Nov 21, 2007
Frankirri,

Thanks bro. I have been hampering on it that guys must purchase Zenith. Its never disappointed us.

Na christmas present for those who know.

Zenith Bank, Always in your best Interest wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 7:52am On Nov 21, 2007
To Easimoni, Temmie10 and all Gurus in General
i bought NGC @ 13.58 and put my exit point at 20.00, i just gave a sale order just now to my broker as at today it stands at 22.15. i have some stocks in mind to purchase from the proceeds and will need your advise on them, they are
Betaglass and
Ikeja Hotels

Secondly, when do you feel Access and Diamond bank will be too expensive to enter, i am looking at a 3month hold time here
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 8:34am On Nov 21, 2007
Krrush:

@kuksie

Reply please.Thanks.
@krrush
Pls culd u send me a copy of the spread sheet to my box
iykecubes@yahoo.co.uk

Would gladly appreciate. Thx a bunch
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 8:46am On Nov 21, 2007
hey I think someone mentioned this book "How to buy and sell shares in Nigeria" that is on Proshare. Has anyone here read it, and how helpful is it. How available is it to purchase, cause I live in Yankee, but can get someone to get it for me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 9:02am On Nov 21, 2007
Good news or no news for transcorp? Please comment cos Jehosaphat raised an alarm yesterday saying those buying transcorp on gut feeling might get their hands burnt.U support him or feel things have started looking up for them?

http://www.independentngonline.com/?c=118&a=5687
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ndubest(m): 9:39am On Nov 21, 2007
Bank PHB IPO @ N17 is it a good offer or too expensive?

can someone give me an analysis on that

thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:21am On Nov 21, 2007
@ pumping777, good point on insurance coys but at 6 naira, crusader will have a forward pe of 16. results are not expected till march.
dangsugar currently has forward pe of 13.5, beta glass is 10, longman is 12. so u can see there will be better buys.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 11:14am On Nov 21, 2007
Live from the Stock Exchange!!

Cadbury FY 2006 Result out - T/O - N19.b Operating Loss - N1.4b; LAT - N4.6b. Q1 to Q3 to be released soon

Also, most insurance stocks currently on the down side for now esp Crusader, UNIC.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:19am On Nov 21, 2007
shigidi:

@ pumping777, good point on insurance coys but at 6 naira, crusader will have a forward pe of 16. results are not expected till march.
dangsugar currently has forward pe of 13.5, beta glass is 10, longman is 12. so u can see there will be better buys.

I will still expect the support of a higher PE in insurance companies due to the higher growth potential.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Dadicool(m): 11:23am On Nov 21, 2007
ndubest:

Bank PHB IPO @ N17 is it a good offer or too expensive?

can someone give me an analysis on that

thanks

I am also interested in the bank PHB offer but cannot make up my mind yet, due to the offer price. Can the experts help out.

Again, has anyone received returned money from first bank last offer. sad  when will the rights issue of the FBN be released.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Patogbish: 12:11pm On Nov 21, 2007
pumping777:

Interesting thing is that when you try to quote a particular post, after you click reply, you may not see the post if it is on the next page or let's just say far back.

One way around this is to search for the user, "show last posts of this person" and then quote the relevant post.

Thanks for the direction. I am new here, many thanks to the forum owner for letting me in. i was in the process of learning how to post ans attach quotes when i found your direction on attaching quotes. Love you all. cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2007
@ ALL
IS UNIVERSAL INSURANCE PP A GOOD BUY AT 95K
PLS IMMEDIATE REPLY PLS
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 12:27pm On Nov 21, 2007
@Pumping77

I just sent u an IM request on yahoo msgr. Pls respond.

Thanks

Koksie
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2007
@wanaj0

My oga, i beg i need you help. please reply to this please i dey wait.

I bought Cursader N4.01 (124,000units) this month is was my first ever stock and only stock till date. To my greastest suprise the price is N5.21 yesterday. from all what i have been reading it may get to N7.01 by friday.

The plan was to wait for about 8 to 12months, , But with is BULL thing i don't know what to do. if i sell on friday i may just make my 1st N350k in stock within one month grin grin grin .

I've got a small plan of sell all wait for the price to fall by to N4 and buy cursader again, then wait for the 8 to 12 months time, undecided undecided undecided

But i seriously need YOUR ALMIGHTY VIEW on this issue. waiting please.

@all please i need that spreadsheet : harrisoft (at) yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2007
IS OCEANIC A GOOD BUY RIGHT NOW. I WANT TO ADD 1000 UNIT MORE TO THE UNITS I HAVE B4.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2007
enurayce:

@ ALL
IS UNIVERSAL INSURANCE PP A GOOD BUY AT 95K
PLS IMMEDIATE REPLY PLS

U need to provide more details.Better still,provide a link to the prospectus here for better analysis.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2007
damoche07:

Good news or no news for transcorp? Please comment because Jehosaphat raised an alarm yesterday saying those buying transcorp on gut feeling might get their hands burnt.You support him or feel things have started looking up for them?

http://www.independentngonline.com/?c=118&a=5687

@damoche07

Have just contacted a very high source.

Many offers of investments in Transcorp have been rebuffed by those who wish to maintain control of the company.

The senate probe of Nitel should force them to accept provided there are Nigerians. This will be good for small shareholders.

Still optimistic.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 1:21pm On Nov 21, 2007
oawele:

@ easimoni

I took a look at it and it seems to have a lot of promise. Why don't you try emailing them to see what's wrong with the downloading? It's a shame that with the explosion in the NSE, we (or is it I) don't yet have a solid technical trading tool tailored to our needs (e.g, downloading NSE price data)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 1:32pm On Nov 21, 2007
no_shaking:

Live from the Stock Exchange!!
Cadbury FY 2006 Result out - T/O - N19.b Operating Loss - N1.4b; LAT - N4.6b. Q1 to Q3 to be released soon
Also, most insurance stocks currently on the down side for now esp Crusader, UNIC.

Wow! I hope the Q1 and Q3 r good. Could some insiders be pulling a fast one like Wema? Trying to goad peeps into selling only to see that they've turned it around. I have a friend who believes Cadbury is another turn-around candidate. Watch carefully the next few days.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2007
BTW, what spreadsheet are we talking about?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 1:48pm On Nov 21, 2007
the bulls run on this thread has come to a checkpoint cheesy grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 1:48pm On Nov 21, 2007
Please can anybody tell me if its possible for one's stockbroker to doubledeal him or her.My friend said she saw G T Bank shares going down like 2months ago to about N28 and quickly instructed her stockbroker to buy for her but the stockbroker later bought it at N32 .30 saying he couldn't get it for the low amount that she had seen it.She kind of believes that the stockbroker played a fast one for her even though she was sent a text saying that she bought at that amount.

Please can somebody explain if it is possible for a stockbrother to take a higher price or if its possible for a stockbrother to sell his own shares to a client at a high price?

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.