Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,364 members, 7,864,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:33 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820555 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2007
Mr. Risky:

Why did UBA price drop?  Is it that people are not satisfied with the result or the reward?

If it is because of no BONUS, they would have known that UBA has the tradition of giving BONUS every other year, and since they gave last year, they shouldn't have expected BONUS this year.

For me they are on the right path!

Kudos UBA

easimoni, Roughcut, what do you know about R T Briscoe and Air Services & Logistics?
Please tell a fan of yours here embarassed
cant find anything else apart from what you already know
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2007
intercontinental actually went beyond thier previos 52wk high of N30

interesting.

i smell something me thinks or am i just blessed? smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2007
aktopgun:

@roughcut

cutix are doing well as i thought they would.

i am sorry i didn't trust my initial conviction and go in earlier but sha, its never too late!

they are mine for 2008 and probably beyond, not sure if they'll be around by the time my kids are around for me to pass it on to them though!!  cheesy   cheesy   cheesy
Intercontinental will be that much i can bet you as it happens my son is already a shareholder lucky him grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2007
@fatherof2

Is the plan to enter UBA by the end of the week still on? how does the result affect the plan abi is it all part of the plan?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:39pm On Nov 27, 2007
@ roughcut

i hear u man.
just doing some digging on them now, their share price has just about doubled in a year

they are strong from everything i've found out about them and are positioning themselves for growth.
i like all the noises they're making.

maybe i'll take ur lead and welcome my son to the world with intercontinental shares when he's born in 3 days time  grin  grin   grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2007
aktopgun:

@ roughcut

i hear u man.
just doing some digging on them now, their share price has just about doubled in a year

they are strong from everything i've found out about them and are positioning themselves for growth.

maybe i'll take your lead and welcome my son to the world with intercontinental shares when he's born in 3 days time grin grin grin
congrats man! and welcome to the world of sleepless nights and changing diapers i'm assuming this is your first i wont swap the experience for anything else
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2007
intercontinental gist off stock exchange website

0.98 - eps

26.35 - pe ratio (trailing i believe)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2007
aktopgun:

@ roughcut

i hear u man.

maybe i'll take your lead and welcome my son to the world with intercontinental shares when he's born in 3 days time  grin  grin   grin
Intercontinental is up there with Zenith and the BIG boyz its in the premier league and Erastus Akingbola has been an asset to the bank
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:54pm On Nov 27, 2007
RoughCut:

congrats man! and welcome to the world of sleepless nights and changing diapers i'm assuming this is your first i wont swap the experience for anything else

aktopgun:

@ roughcut

maybe i'll take your lead and welcome my son to the world with intercontinental shares when he's born in 3 days time grin grin grin

My dear after 2 myself, the initial breathtaking and wondrous excitement has quite died down to shouts of don't go there, don't do that, stop fighting, thats rude, be nice , I love you sweetie

But I still would not trade them for the world - they are a blessing.

So welcome to the wild west of parenting!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 3:05pm On Nov 27, 2007
Oh men, they thought I knew something about RT and Airservice. Nothing for sure apart from their declared shares outstanding. Heard something long ago about ARM into RT, can't remember the gist.

I am only simply impressed with their continuous growth, average of 50m monthly for RT, for me that is fantastic.

Anyways, I am welcoming the little one to the world of nightmares or hallucinations depending on where the pendulums swing. My friend calls it SWEET TROUBLES! cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by whitelexi(m): 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2007
yodiyokun:

My dear after 2 myself, the initial breathtaking and wondrous excitement has quite died down to shouts of don't go there, don't do that, stop fighting, thats rude, be nice , I love you sweetie

But I still would not trade them for the world - they are a blessing.

So welcome to the wild west of parenting!!!!!!!

Gosh! Thank God i still have some time to myself before all the hassle. Now sef, i get really scared when i pick a baby up, scared i might drop the little creature. . .   But i'll be very happy for some more time before i get into that grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:08pm On Nov 27, 2007
Hmmmmmmm. interesting responses.I won't reply them.

@ ololufemi

Hope you still remember,wait for UBA to cool temper small.Let it cool its temper to N52-N53.They did not release payment date.Month wants to end.
If it starts flying at today's starting price of N56.40,then it'll be N65 by friday.That's too fast.No room to chop.That will not be following the rules of the game.You need to change to gear 2 before you move to gear 5. Same with oceanic.
The info i got on this intercontinental is an interim dividend in the offing.For those who bought intercontinental at N25.00,we're approaching 25% based on my computer readings now.Thursday looks like a good exit date along with Mutual Benefit if you bought at N3.00 (so my pc tells me).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2007
Figures as at yesterday.

Price Out. Shares Proj PAT PE
R T BRISCOE PLC 28.56 0.45 0.64 20.40

AIRLINE SERV 19.39 0.63 0.42 29.31
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2007
About Intercontinentals' additional listing. This was annouced way back and I think has already been factored in calculations by many investors.

Figures I have as at yesterday.

Price Out. Shar Proj PAT PE
INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC 29.99 18.92 18.40 30.83
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2007
blest:

easimoni,
  so u too got access on TS.i have a feeling my broker played a fast one on me.Gave him 1mill and he bought at 22.5.i have been just sitting and waiting.what do u suggest we do bout this.is there still prospect to recover my money with aleast 40% anytime soon?
   please help a brother in need,  cry

Your broker probably had to do a cross-deal to fulfil your order. A common practice when the stock is on TS but you often pay a premium for such a deal.

T make 40%, you need access to get to 32. Maybe not this year; likely mid 08 (after the current FY).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2007
@ Pumping,
I have 18.55B shares. IT's a mess with the multiple listings. Wish they'd just list them all at once.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2007
FatherOF2:

@ ololufemi

Hope you still remember,wait for UBA to cool temper small.Let it cool its temper to N52-N53.They did not release payment date.Month wants to end.
If it starts flying at today's starting price of N56.40,then it'll be N65 by friday.That's too fast.No room to chop.That will not be following the rules of the game.You need to change to gear 2 before you move to gear 5. Same with oceanic.
The info i got on this intercontinental is an interim dividend in the offing.For those who bought intercontinental at N25.00,we're approaching 25% based on my computer readings now.Thursday looks like a good exit date along with Mutual Benefit if you bought at N3.00 (so my pc tells me).

smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2007
abeg i want to sell off 8200 units of my intercontinental bank shares at a special discount.

hit me at if u are interested. wink

Cjay
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2007
HOw TO RAISE ADDITIONAL CAPITAL
I guess most gurus on this forum who are in the western world are already aware of this but just thought to share all the same.
If you have good creidt you can apply for 0% APR for 12 months credit card and do a balance transfer to your bank account interest free for 12months. MBNA and EGG Card definitely allow this. I have done this is the past and believe me it beats margin trading with Nigeria Banks (UBA) at 17% plus 1% upfront arrangement fee. But note there might be an inital balance transfer fee of btw 2-3%.
Happy investing shocked shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2007
easimoni:

@ Pumping,
I have 18.55B shares. IT's a mess with the multiple listings. Wish they'd just list them all at once.
I'm assuming you added the 1.5B  convertible preference shares. As long as these preference shares have not been converted you will need to subtract these from the ordinary shares outstanding when calculating your EPS. Preference shares are treated differently from ordinary shares because they dont qualify for dividends due to ordinary share holders so i would make  the outstanding shares 17B until i can confirm they have indeed been converted to ordinary shares
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2007
RoughCut:

I'm assuming you added the 1.5B  convertible preference shares. As long as these preference shares have not been converted you will need to subtract these from the ordinary shares outstanding when calculating your EPS. Preference shares are treated differently from ordinary shares because they don't qualify for dividends due to ordinary share holders so i would make  the outstanding shares 17B until i can confirm they have indeed been converted to ordinary shares

I think easimoni is correct. I messed up my original calculation somewhere.

NSE (I tend to use NSE figure if it is the highest) lists the number of shares for Intercontinental as 17,987,322,448 and this will not include preferential shares that have not been listed.  If you add the supplementary listing it comes to 18.55B.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollarmani: 4:10pm On Nov 27, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by fistof: 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2007
@All
You guys are doing great things on this thread, I am new to nairaland but I have been following the tread for quite some months now, I have been reading, watching and learning everyday. I'm sure one day i will also be able to analyze like the gurus. What are the gurus saying about Japaul, it gained again today. Is it safe to enter tomorrow for short term?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by avalon: 4:16pm On Nov 27, 2007
actually thot i knew stuff and stuff about d capital and equities mkt, wiv comments from roughcut and others i think i need some serious demystification , ! undecided
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:16pm On Nov 27, 2007
pumping777:

I think easimoni is correct. I messed up my original calculation somewhere.

NSE (I tend to use NSE figure if it is the highest) lists the number of shares for Intercontinental as 17,987,322,448 and this will not include preferential shares that have not been listed.  If you add the supplementary listing it comes to 18.55B.
Alright then
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:39pm On Nov 27, 2007
What happened today,

The Bears are back, I think we should chase them away oh
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2007
Nigerainsec website has shares outstanding for intercontinental at 18.9 million
don't know if this is before or after the supplemental listing though

don't like all the confusion these listings cause. it makes doing the maths tricky and uninformative
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:47pm On Nov 27, 2007
i am not sure the bears ever left actually, they may just have been lurking in the darkness waiting for their prey

thanks to this thread i am sure non of us will be their prey thogh.

i'm still hopeful fro a real "bull run" in 1Q '08
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:55pm On Nov 27, 2007
@ FatherOf2,

@ ololufemi

I am with you Fatherof2. I guessed as much that people would sell as soon as the date of payment was not announced but I suspect that once it is announced, there will be a surge in price and I for don enter by them.

From what I see, UBA has set the tone for an upward swing in Zenith whether fundamentally or sentimentally.
Zenith offer would not be a bad one.

I am marking time to enter UBA on thursday. All the way with you Fatherof2.

The exceptional item ws probably the 5 billion payoff for the American scam.

Continue the good work.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2007
@ ALL MY OFFSHORE NAIRALANDERS,

I keep seeing jaw breaking number crunching flying across the screen.Why don't you translate your number crunching into something more tangible for the numerous not too discerning investors that watch you daily.BECOME REAL TEACHERS.
We keep seeing scenerios like " Mr. X how many shares do you have outstanding for Company J.Mr. Y replies 600bn.
Mr. X says " Oh sorry my mistake".My Z now adds his own 5bn too.
Many investors on this thread have one question ".HOW DOES THIS TRANSLATE TO PROFIT FOR ME.?, ".
Translate your figures to Buy and Sell decisions.  
Period.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2007
about intercontinental's outstanding shares,
sorry fellas my mistake its actually 18.9B (not 18.9m)
oops, forgot we aren't supposed to that anymore, sorry, my bad cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2007
FatherOF2:

@ ALL MY OFFSHORE NAIRALANDERS,

I keep seeing jaw breaking number crunching flying across the screen.Why don't you translate your number crunching into something more tangible for the numerous not too discerning investors that watch you daily.BECOME REAL TEACHERS.
We keep seeing scenerios like " Mr. X how many shares do you have outstanding for Company J.Mr. Y replies 600bn.
Mr. X says " Oh sorry my mistake".My Z now adds his own 5bn too.
Many investors on this thread have one question ".HOW DOES THIS TRANSLATE TO PROFIT FOR ME.?, ".
Translate your figures to Buy and Sell decisions. 
Period.
I didnt hear anybody complaining though so not sure what you are on about

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.