Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (812836 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 8:03pm On Feb 01, 2007
Thanks all,
cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2007
Quote from Ayo.com
I see all this discrimination as a means of screening, and all these are as a result of few employers against myriad of job seekers.
I WILL ADVISE OUR YOUTH TO BEGIN TO THINK OF STARTING SOMETHING NO MATTER HOW SMALL, WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS DO NOT REMAIN SMALL.

Guess this was meant for a thread on the jobs or career section
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Bizl4Rizl(m): 10:33pm On Feb 07, 2007
my observations of the capital market in recent times is that it has become increasingly bullish. Does this trend have any negative/adverse effects in the short/long term? Even the so-called penny stocks are gradually picking up in value. Will these prices eventually drop? Are there some inhouse/underhand dealings that the general public does not know about? Please enlighten me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 12:18am On Feb 08, 2007
The recent bullish trend in the capital market has defied all odds and permutations including the January effect.
It has been attributed , largely, to the influx of funds from PFAs and other institutional investors who are taking position ahead of the improving quarterly and annual results from many of the companies with december year end.
However with the gaale of IPOs expected in the first and second quarter the trend may slow down soon.
UBA and Oceanic have already been placed on technical suspension. UBA is coming to the market to raise N56b
Platinum, Access & FCMB are also expected to follow suit.
GTB and First Bank can not be left out ( though GTB successfuly raised $350m debt funds on the international capital market.)
I expect that many other companies from other industries will also be accessing the market this year. Thus the bullish trend may be tempered by the influx of these new POs.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ckenneths(m): 3:06pm On Feb 08, 2007
Point of correction, its only the price of UBA that is placed under technical suspension. Oceanic is still moving up and down for now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 4:45pm On Feb 08, 2007
@ckenneths
My error.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Bizl4Rizl(m): 2:24am On Feb 10, 2007
have heard about the UBA IPO.

Am wondering what do they neeed the extra money for?
Thot they were the most capitalized bank in Nigeria now?
Any idea how much the IPO will go for and when it will be launched
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omooba72(m): 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2007
@ frankiriri , could you pls mail me as i will like to join ur investment club once you start
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omooba72(m): 6:16pm On Feb 10, 2007
@frankiriri , my email addy is (lanreaina@operamail.com) grin
cheers !!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 6:25pm On Feb 10, 2007
hello guys ,what investment club are we talking plz ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 1:31am On Feb 11, 2007
UBA is not the most capitalised bank. It is the bank with the largest assets base. The most capitalised bank right now is Union bank, followed by Zenith and then I beleive Intercontinental (i.e if their last offer was fully subscribed).
The recent successful outing by GTB in the Eurobobd market, where they raised $350m may not count as that is debt capital.
It may however help in positioning them for rapid asset growth.
With the recent CBN regulation that only banks that have $1b dollars in capital will be allowed to manage forex most banks have returned to the drawing board as to how to acheive that status as that may be the affects the perception of the public as to the relative strengh of the banks.
Thus all the top banks are jostling to meet that requirement by raising as much money as possible from the capital market.

The UBA offer is due to come on soon. As I said before they are coming to raise N56b.
Also read somewhere that Oceanic will be coming to N100b. Others that are expected to access the market are First Bank, FCMB, Platinum and Wema Bank.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LoverBwoy(m): 5:56am On Feb 11, 2007
Dont you think these things are streching the banks it seems like they are being given task to meet up here and there.

Are they really improving in terms of profit and services
Are they being used by the government more as alternatives to international loans partners
Are they in anyway assisting SMEs more or they are still providing just the basics?

its good being the most this and that but they should forget their main aim undecided

me i no be economist/financial techie .hope y'all understand
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Bizl4Rizl(m): 9:20am On Feb 11, 2007
Thanks frank.

Pls whats the difference btwn assets base & capitalisation?

What's the deal with your investment club? Pls involve us o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omooba72(m): 7:31pm On Feb 11, 2007
@gbengaijot how r u ? well ilike ur disscissions about shares and investment i'm really interested , i have some my self and will still like to buy more so ltes hear from you once there is new ones are out .
cheers grin !!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omooba72(m): 7:35pm On Feb 11, 2007
@frankiriri i hope to hear from you concerning the investment club as it could be another avenue to educate and inform those not living in the country now, hope to hear from you soonest . cheers cheesy!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omooba72(m): 7:37pm On Feb 11, 2007
@cuppcakke, hi babe whats up , could you please inform us if there are news shares primary market
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 1:07am On Feb 12, 2007
@omooba72
We have concluded the operational arrangements for the investment club. I will send theĀ  invite for the e-forum we are hosting on yahoogroups to your box. Please gon through all the postings and then decide if you are still interested in joining us.
You can visit our e-forum at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bettainvestmentclub
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 1:09am On Feb 12, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 1:20am On Feb 12, 2007
@ loverbwoy
I agree with you that many of the new banks may not be able to deploy their 25b capital requirement but I can assure you that the leading banks are designing and repackaging products to ensure that they maximise shareholders values.
Most of the banks are braaching into insurance, venture capital, stock broking etc.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 1:27am On Feb 12, 2007
@bizl4rizl
Let us assume that you have N50,000 for businesss and you borrow N100,000. then u use the totak 150,000 to buy assets , your assets base will be 150,000 while your capitalisation would be 50,000.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 8:12am On Feb 12, 2007
The current public offer in the market is ACEN Insurance.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gbengaijot(m): 11:07am On Feb 12, 2007
Ok, i heard about that acen insurance. @frankirir, can you please give more details about it, as i am interested in buying their IPO. DO you have any links at all that i can read more about their IPO.
what banks are issuing it, and what is the price per unit as well as the closing date.

I am very sceptical about transcorpt ath i only bought 1000 Units, lol.

Maybe i am treading the safe path.

Waiting for your info
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omooba72(m): 12:34pm On Feb 12, 2007
@frankiriri thanks alot i have been to the web addy u sent to me , well i read everything there and i fact i'm really blessed , as you have touch my heart with those write up most especially the bibblical ones and quotes may the good Lord continue to bless you . cheers !!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by deekseen(m): 2:31pm On Feb 12, 2007
i just got enlightened a little about shares and stocks, can anyone be of help and tell me how i can get involved in them?
plus how much i'll need for a start, thanks so much.
my email addy is dicklydickus@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:58pm On Feb 12, 2007
@ Omooba 72
You are welcome.
Also see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/club_818/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2007
@ gbengaijo
Just try these links
http://www.acenico.com.ng/pdf/ACEN_PROSPECTUS_ABRIDGED%20FINAL.pdfhttp://www.acenico.com.ng/pdf/ACEN_PROSPECTUS_ABRIDGED%20FINAL.pdf

http://www.tribune.com.ng/04022007/insurance2.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omooba72(m): 8:13am On Feb 13, 2007
@frankiriri , Calvary greetings to you and your family, i have been to the yahoo site , and a message have been sent into my mail box i hope to fill the form and fax it to you , or if you prefer me to mail it just let me know which one will be better .
cheers kiss kiss kiss !
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omooba72(m): 8:36am On Feb 13, 2007
@frankiriri , please i need to know if the dvcf is still available and can you please explain the open ended terms used to describe it . cheers bro
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gbengaijot(m): 9:39am On Feb 13, 2007
I think you can get more info on DVCF by visiting www.dvcfonline.com

@Frankirir, the prospectus does not state when its going to close,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by davest(m): 12:32pm On Feb 13, 2007
thanks everybody,,
can any analyst tell me, is it good at this time to invest in C & I leasing putting into consideration their end of the year date(which i dont know)
can any one be of help in term of advice.

secondly i need advise on which stock i can buy that will give me a good return by or before the end of this year
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 4:13pm On Feb 13, 2007
@omooba 72
Dont think the public offer is still on.
But once they do the memorandum listing then you will be able to get it to buy.
I will get back to you on the terms when I have looked through my copy of their prospectus.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 4:30pm On Feb 13, 2007
@ davest
Check out WAPCO. The stock is moving on rumours of an impending bonus issue. (In the Nigerian market news of bonus drives the prices up).
Also u may want to considers some bank stocks. Select those with year end in march and June. Stocks like Intercontinental, Platinum, GTB, Zenith, First Bank all have their year between February to June.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.