Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,996 members, 7,863,587 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:53 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820372 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2008
Please the gurus in the house, answer us now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And is it really true that Access Bank is oversubscibed?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:51pm On Jan 10, 2008
ngegy:

NEWS!!
Dangote allotment concluded

1,000 - 1,000 90,947 100.00%
1,001 - 2,000 71,299 60.00%
2,001 - 5,000 150,187 25.00%
5,001 - 10,000 125,796 17.20%
10,001 - 25,000 70,411 35.55%
25,001 - 50,000 29,961 12.35%
50,001 - 100,000 8,365 11.55%
100,001 - 250,000 3,045 10.25%
250,001 - 500,000 1,224 8.75%
500,001 - 1,000,000 409 8.25%
1,000,001 - 5,000,000 244 7.55%
5,000,001 - 20,000,000 40 5.75%
20,000,001 - 50,000,000 4 5.33%

Somebody who applied to buy 10k units will get just a bit more than someone who applied to buy 2K units defies all logic(but in the spirit  fairness and equity those who did the allotment dont have a choice!)

There's only one conclusion;when the shares are eventually listed they will so be illiquid that the price will go northwards with the speed of light unless the man himself will do another one-day Dangote spectacular ala NASCON! remember he still owns 75% of Dangote Flour Mills

He knows exactly what he's doing but then i suppose he didnt make his billions by playing the conventional game!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2008
Rhemagirl:

Please the gurus in the house, answer us now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And is it really true that Access Bank is oversubscibed?

Access Bank's oversubcription is true
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Shibrino(f): 12:55pm On Jan 10, 2008
@all

Sorry guys for the mix up, I was actually talking of First Inland Bank. Any advice
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2008
Looks like the TS on Fidelity has been lifted closed at 11.24, FBN lost 0.59, the much celebrated UBA has fired the stock off the face of the planet earth, it lost 0.59 today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TeeHay(m): 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2008
hispy99:

Access Bank's oversubcription is true

Guys,
Access bank oversubscription very true, attached the main allotment, whole file too large to attach. If yu need full document, let me have yur e-mail addy. For me First Bank+Access Bank+Dangote Flour+etc etc is enough lesson for even a dumb person!!!, what a waste of the time value of money!!!

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2008
RoughCut:

Somebody who applied to buy 10k units will get just a bit more than someone who applied to buy 2K units defies all logic(but in the spirit  fairness and equity those who did the allotment don't have a choice!)

There's only one conclusion;when the shares are eventually listed they will so be illiquid that the price will go northwards with the speed of light unless the man himself will do another one-day Dangote spectacular ala NASCON! remember he still owns 75% of Dangote Flour Mills

He knows exactly what he's doing but then i suppose he didnt make his billions by playing the conventional game!

If they have plans to frustrate investors in this manner why did they EXTEND THE DANGOTE OFFER DATE? Again anything can happen in this country. TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD. Thank God I avoid it and will avoid any PO or IPO. Added to the frustration from First Bank and to be followed by Access Bank, who knows Bank PHB, the future for POs are really calamitous. TOOOOOOOOO SAD, TOOOOOOOOOO BAD. The irony of it all is that once any PO surfaces now everyone will troop along, most not even knowing what is involved, many thinking that's the only way to buy shares.

I think ignorance is still a great evil in this affair! TOOO SAD
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by CHO: 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2008
What could have happened to intenegin. Just returning from suspension already showing red. Is it not too early? or is it that people do not understand what was going with them and started offloading? shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Cookeclos: 1:46pm On Jan 10, 2008
hi everyone, i just joined today, while i have been a silent reader for over a year, nairaland is part of my daily routine duties every day at work. keep up all the good on this forum, i 'm Lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!! like the MC Donalds slogan says.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2008
bigjay01:

Looks like the TS on Fidelity has been lifted closed at 11.24, FBN lost 0.59, the much celebrated UBA has fired the stock off the face of the planet earth, it lost 0.59 today.

No no no my brother,that's not the way to look at it my brother.It only showed you that YOU should have bought today.If you haven't bought,go and buy.
When a stock is undervalued,it is UNDERVALUED.Why worry?.
If train dey move for road and tyre burst (no be to stop change tyre).
I remember when FCMB just came out of TS and it was persecuted for falling by two notches.Some people don carry their profit last friday go buy vitafoam yesterday.That one results dey around the corner.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by otokx(m): 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2008
I hope fidelity rises to N15 mark.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2008
CHO:

What could have happened to intenegin. Just returning from suspension already showing red. Is it not too early? or is it that people do not understand what was going with them and started offloading? shocked

Intenegin is too expensive at a forward PE of 31.

@ All,
I'm glad you all are waking up to the issues I've always had with POs in Naija. It's not worth the trouble. Stay in the secondary market.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:14pm On Jan 10, 2008
@FOF2

Bros i tire o! u got right in one sentence!
this na wetin we dey talk. small gyrations dis week now every body dey vex, dey sweat.
why oh why. A company is good as long as fundamentals have not changed.

if u buy the good companies, try and close ur eyes to the daily gyrations of the NSE
anyway, without the hypertension wey this NSE go cause for naija how doctors go get heart attack to treat (being facicious now)

thats why if you have not got the stomach for gyrations try do the analysis (including if possilble sounding out ur guys on nairaland  cheesy  cheesy) before u invest and once u do decide to put ur money in, ignore the gyrations. As Mr Buffet says, "the market is fickle". good companies remain good until something drastic happens.

it is well.

lets welcome the bears to town and hope they have not packed their luggage to stay too long but come they must. Goats get slaughtered, bulls and bears make money( just think of it like this, if i have extra cash now, which companies are good to get right now that mr bear has arrived?)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:16pm On Jan 10, 2008
@D-DOTS,

The year end of most companies is usually written in a lot of financial news papers.As a guide if you know the Year end,you can count 3 months for each quarter.Most companies that release regular interim results do so from 0-2months(max) after the end of the quarter in question.
If you'll like to take positions for quarterly results,you need to look at the prices with great concentration and focus from the time the quarter ends and hit it on any thursday/friday when the price appears cheap and take position.Then wait for the announcement.
You can take position on all companies,just the juicy ones.
Overtime i know prices are high mid month and low towards to the end of the month.There's a lot of borrowed money in the exchange and it's usually time to make interest payments by month end so you see opportunities then.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2008
as me i don dey cashless economy till April na siddon look i dey (unfortunately)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:24pm On Jan 10, 2008
easimoni:

@ All,
I'm glad you all are waking up to the issues I've always had with POs in Naija. It's not worth the trouble. Stay in the secondary market.

Men i don lie down give you for that one. I use my head,leg,hand,neck,BREAST take support you for that one.I mean wetin person dey kill e sef for the PO. They will all give you 20000000% in 15years.So i go dey sleep for 15years wen action full ground for secondary market.You tie money down for nothing,loose juicy trades where your profit grows by compounding and in the end they return your hard earned money with 5% annualised interest.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2008
TeeHay:

Guys,
Access bank oversubscription very true, attached the main allotment, whole file too large to attach. If yu need full document, let me have yur e-mail addy. For me First Bank+Access Bank+Dangote Flour+etc etc is enough lesson for even a dumb person!!!, what a waste of the time value of money!!!

@ TeeHay,

Pls could you let's have the main allotment for Access Bank?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:34pm On Jan 10, 2008
easimoni:

@ All,
Honestly the whole thing with PO/IPO's is just becoming a huge and expensive  JOKE!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 2:36pm On Jan 10, 2008
@ Teehay

sorry,got it already,hope they wont come and tell me the same story about Japaul cos I pumped substantial cheese into that one (p.o)and have been smiling with the nortward movement of the stock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2008
@roughcut

and i take it u are not laughing. Neither am i man.
i put money in some of them and have resigned to my fate for now  sad
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by teto: 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2008
mr.FO2, my mail is owotoyin@hotmail.com .eptg yur mail. need to discuss with you. thanks i need to move to the next level
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2008
easimoni:

@ All,

Are you not being generous to IEI?

I have a forward PE of 40 based on 5.5B shares and a half year PAT of 0.41B. Am I missing a Q-3 results?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2008
small diversion here,

Ibori don miss for hospital oh.This country.

http://www.saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=490
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2008
teto:

mr.FO2, my mail is owotoyin@hotmail.com .eptg yur mail. need to discuss with you. thanks i need to move to the next level

Please where is this level.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2008
rasputinn:

@ Teehay

sorry,got it already,hope they wont come and tell me the same story about Japaul because I pumped substantial cheese into that one (p.o)and have been smiling with the nortward movement of the stock.

There may be other surprises with Japaul. I suspect bonus will be issued to existing shareholders and PO subsribers of course do not qualify. That profit you are seeing may end up being an illusion due to the dilution.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2008
@father of 2 and all
i hav been watching this thread a long time as an observer and im very impressed by the hardwork and a great commitment you guys have put into this topic!im very proud to be a associated to the country that owns all of una!u are a true blessing to us all !this is my 1st post and i have got few stocks as well but i was just buying just to keep money though my portfolio has done 500% with pure luck but i have with the help of dangote sugar, bank phb etc but dont want to ride on luck any more and i hope with your knowledge nad support i can get to greater heights with you guys
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2008
aktopgun:

@roughcut

and i take it u are not laughing. Neither am i man.
i put money in some of them and have resigned to my fate for now  sad

Smile ke angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry i applied for  some units so my son can partake of the Dangote midas touch and now they will have to return money now

I stopped doing PO/IPO's after i joined this forum any PO and IPO and PP is for the little one  so there can be some inheritance when he is of age abi no bible talk am say a righteous or is it a wise man? leaves an inheritance for his children's children i suppose i will limit this to my children for the time being ha ha ha grin grin grin grin grin grin

But i participated fully in the Union Diagnostics  and CHAMS PP by the way though!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2008
got this from my brokers today

FIDELITYBK: TECHNICAL SUSPENSION LIFTED

WE HAVE TODAY LIFTED OFF THE TECHNICAL SUSPENSION PLACED ON FIDELITY BANK PLC FOLLOWING THE CONCLUSION OF THEIR OFFER.

FIDELITYBK closed down -0.590 at 11.240. Volume was 6% above average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 744% wider than normal.

Open High Low Close Volume___

11.830 11.240 11.240 11.240 11,461,357

Technical Outlook

Short Term: Oversold

Intermediate Term: Bearish

Long Term: Bullish

Price Trend Report:5 Moving Average: Current price is below 5-period moving average: 11.55

21 Moving Average: Current price is below 21-period moving average: 11.75

LSQ Analysis: Current price is 3% above its price trend.

Bollinger Band Analysis: Price Volatility: Increasing; Price Trend: Down.

Hurst Trend Analysis: Hurst Exponent: 1.0000, current trend will continue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Indicators Report: Value Tips

RSI 0.0 Strong Buy.

MACD -0.1

CCI -432.7 Buy Opportunity.

DMI 0.0; 17.5

K%D 0.0; 33.3 Market is in down trend.

NVI 12.0

OBV 957729.9

PVI 161.4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRW Stock Forecaster:Prediction for Next Three Prices: 10.99, 10.85, 10.74

Deviation*: 0.02
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2008
@father of 2 and all
i bought access 50k unit  @22.50 in september [/sub]bought it too expensive[sub] o you think i should sell it now and buy wapco or something else and re enter later ?recommedations would b highly welcomed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:06pm On Jan 10, 2008
FatherOF2:

small diversion here,

Ibori don miss for hospital oh.This country.

http://www.saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=490

James Bond dey for naija o!  grin shocked tongue First Alams dressed as a woman now this.  cheesy
oxfordkid:

@father of 2 and all
i hav been watching this thread a long time as an observer and im very impressed by the hardwork and a great commitment you guys have put into this topic!im very proud to be a associated to the country that owns all of una!u are a true blessing to us all !this is my 1st post and i have got few stocks as well but i was just buying just to keep money though my portfolio has done 500% with pure luck but i have with the help of dangote sugar, bank phb etc but don't want to ride on luck any more and i hope with your knowledge nad support i can get to greater heights with you guys

You are most welcome. Note however, there is a small entry fee. Pls contact my Chams PP broker, I mean personal banker for further details. Just joking oooooooo!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2008
oxfordkid:

@father of 2 and all
i bought access 50k unit @22.50 in september [/sub]bought it too expensive[sub] o you think i should sell it now and buy wapco or something else and re enter later ?recommedations would b highly welcomed

No its too late.No action for now. Wait for Q3 on it. It should reach support level tomorrow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2008
(FatherOF2 Overtime i know prices are high mid month and low towards to the end of the month.)

HE THAT HAS EAR LET HIM HEAR. (Fatherof2 i hear you ooooo).

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.