Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,511 members, 7,861,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:38 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820037 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2008
Fidelity will be the next short term money spinner. Just get your money ready and pull the trigger at the right moment!!

@easimoni - How are you seeing DEAPCAP now? Based on the projection in the PP document, the forward PE is now around 15. If they are doing a PO I will expect a juicy interim result to wake people up.

It appears the stock has hit a resistance around N4 and it may be the right time to pick up the baton. I put in a bid at N3.90 today but I'm not hopeful.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2008
fatherof2@
what is support level?so i should leave it @ access 4 now?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2008
easimoni:

James Bond dey for naija o!

Honestly,if this kind thing continue,i go scram comot for niger oh.(just joke sha).
Thiefin too much.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2008
pumping777:

Fidelity will be the next short term money spinner. Just get your money ready and pull the trigger at the right moment!!

I concur.That na after some drops.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2008
@pumping777

u got mail
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2008
oxfordkid:

fatherof2@
what is support level?so i should leave it @ access 4 now?

Yes leave it for now.It will come back to you and exceed your entry price.
Right now you're not far from bottom.Still a safe zone.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2008
@grabdeloot and all Technicians

abeg whats the interpretation of Overbought and oversold?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 3:44pm On Jan 10, 2008
you dont know how im feeling right now having the graet father of 2 replying to my post, i just wish this oyinbo people in my lecture theatre could feel me, you are a legend
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by steeviee(m): 3:49pm On Jan 10, 2008
@ father of 2

kindly reply my earlier request. here is my mail

phencyus at yahoo dot com

thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2008
@ Oxford,

Mr Oloyinbo, Oxford, Cambridge, Bristol, etc

You hear when fatherof2 advise sey as UBA don fall, today, the stock still dey undervalued and a good buy. You still wan buy WAPCO wey don start gyration up again.

I used to be like that about two years ago, when stock don dey rise, I go buy. Na wetin make me buy WAPCO for 62 for 2006.  Man don sharp now.

Thanks to our  father on this thread.

@ All,

Beats my imagination but I dont think I am the only praise singer of my tutor on this thread.

Dont turn my fatherof2 into an area father oh.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2008
@ all,

It is not the 'norm' for prices to rice after a PO. What is the reason for the rise? After all the excitement, we will return to the 'norm' when prices fall after lifting of Technical suspension. So beware!!! FCMB should have taught people some lessons.

Roughcut, institutional investors that partook of the FBN and Access offer got money refunded to them. That include those that participated as prefential investor. If one person applied for 50% of the total offer what is the person looking for? How much will they now allot to the others? For institutional investors that do not bid for a takeover, you negotiate with the owners and you get a private placement. That's what Actis did with Diamond. They did not enter via PO. Even with Intercontinental, teh funds entered via supplementary offer and not the intial offer. Inter went to meet the fund managers to invest. Look at even the IBTC/Stanbic deal. It was discussed. Not one that someone will submit application for 50% of the total shares on offer. That immediately skewed the allotment process. If you have that amount of money and intesret, why not eneter into discussion and negotiate.

if you don't get HEART don't do short term trading. You will get HYPERTENSION. Most of you following Fatherof2's strategy don't know the kind of person he is. When FCMB was dropping after the lifting of TS and people were shaking, he was resolute. That means that he is willing to wait it through. Secondly he is not under 'pressure' to sell. Thirdly, he is well diversified with deep pockets. Fatherof2 is recommending First Bank you think he is planning to clean out in two weeks? He went into WAPCo you think he is talking about 2 weeks? If you don't tailor your strategy to your personality, you will soon be on the hospital bed. Fatherof2, please teach your students about risk in relation  to age, size of porfolio, investment objective etc or else you go carry many dead body!!!!!!

On PO's I do PO's but I know those that will be oversubscribed and I did not bother. One rule about stocks is when every Tom Dick and Harry is buying a particular stock run away from it. By teh time Tomato seller, Shoemaker etc are buying a stock what do you expect. It was written all over Dangote flour that it will be oversubscribed so I did not move near. For those buying Costain, just be checking your box for returned money. For AIICo anything above 50,000 units will likely have money returned. For Zenith, anything above 10,000 will surely face return money. So if I know that, I candecide to buy in multiple names (individual and as a corporate entity)

One thing I have against most of the PO's is the fact that they are over priced. No real discount. But if I see another PO like NAHCO. Coming out with a forward PE of less than 4, I will rush it!!!

Loans that I am getting for CHAMS are short term (two weeks) loan from individuals.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adctrl: 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2008
I want to say hello and happy new year to everyone.

I am a newbie on this forum and I have been following proceedings for some weeks now. I bow for all u gurus and I must confess that each of your posts has been very helpful to me.

I am thinking of getting some stocks thru' the different po/ipo in town but I have come to realise that some of these people just keep your funds for sometime and what you hear is oversubscripton without you getting any interests on your money which is not in your posession for some months.

This practice discourages me. How do u know a stock that will not be oversubscribe?

I am thinking of investing around N1 million and I will like you guys to give me the load-down of how I can do this with the possibility of make the double within 3-5 years.

I have enquired about the IBTC equity fund also and annything you can say or contribute will be highly appreciated.

Please advise on the best way to do this: is it stocks or mutual/equity funds etc

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2008
steeviee:

@ father of 2

with the current bashing of insurance stock can we correctly say that NEM will live up to smiles in future.

It will definately live up to smiles.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2008
wanaj0:

@ all,

It is not the 'norm' for prices to rice after a PO. What is the reason for the rise? After all the excitement, we will return to the 'norm' when prices fall after lifting of Technical suspension. So beware!!! FCMB should have taught people some lessons.

Roughcut, institutional investors that partook of the FBN and Access offer got money refunded to them. That include those that participated as prefential investor. If one person applied for 50% of the total offer what is the person looking for? How much will they now allot to the others? For institutional investors that do not bid for a takeover, you negotiate with the owners and you get a private placement. That's what Actis did with Diamond. They did not enter via PO. Even with Intercontinental, the funds entered via supplementary offer and not the intial offer. Inter went to meet the fund managers to invest. Look at even the IBTC/Stanbic deal. It was discussed. Not one that someone will submit application for 50% of the total shares on offer. That immediately skewed the allotment process. If you have that amount of money and intesret, why not eneter into discussion and negotiate.

if you don't get HEART don't do short term trading. You will get HYPERTENSION. Most of you following Fatherof2's strategy don't know the kind of person he is. When FCMB was dropping after the lifting of TS and people were shaking, he was resolute. That means that he is willing to wait it through. Secondly he is not under 'pressure' to sell. Thirdly, he is well diversified with deep pockets. Fatherof2 is recommending First Bank you think he is planning to clean out in two weeks? He went into WAPCo you think he is talking about 2 weeks? If you don't tailor your strategy to your personality, you will soon be on the hospital bed. Fatherof2, please teach your students about risk in relation to age, size of porfolio, investment objective etc or else you go carry many dead body!!!!!!

On PO's I do PO's but I know those that will be oversubscribed and I did not bother. One rule about stocks is when every Tom Dick and Harry is buying a particular stock run away from it. By the time Tomato seller, Shoemaker etc are buying a stock what do you expect. It was written all over Dangote flour that it will be oversubscribed so I did not move near. For those buying Costain, just be checking your box for returned money. For AIICo anything above 50,000 units will likely have money returned. For Zenith, anything above 10,000 will surely face return money. So if I know that, I candecide to buy in multiple names (individual and as a corporate entity)

well said,
stanbic could have negotiated with access rather than gatecrash the offer like that.
anyone who doesnt tailor his investments to his risk personality does not need any warning, he will learn one way or the other.
Dangote flour, even for all its over-subscription and hype was a pretty expensive offer.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2008
wanaj0:

@ all,

if you don't get HEART don't do short term trading. You will get HYPERTENSION. Most of you following Fatherof2's strategy don't know the kind of person he is. When FCMB was dropping after the lifting of TS and people were shaking, he was resolute. That means that he is willing to wait it through. Secondly he is not under 'pressure' to sell. Thirdly, he is well diversified with deep pockets. Fatherof2 is recommending First Bank you think he is planning to clean out in two weeks? He went into WAPCo you think he is talking about 2 weeks? If you don't tailor your strategy to your personality, you will soon be on the hospital bed. Fatherof2, please teach your students about risk in relation   to age, size of porfolio, investment objective etc or else you go carry many dead body!!!!!!

Ah my guy you miss am there oh.
Everybody get choice now.Leave them now.
You do your own advice and HUMBLY let them be.No be FORCE
As per Wapco, you think say na march last year i buy am wait so many months.NEVER
As per First Bank,me i know say dem give bonus and people must sell.I wan target some more very soon with the exact timing.
Once i see wetin i want for first bank,i dey remove my profit(whether 1 or 2weeks).I no dey tie money down no where.
My rule na 0-3months(and everything inbetween).
No price graph ever heads up indefinately anywhere in the world.What goes up must come down.
Me i respect all for this thread.Na great human beings dey wen get sense.I no hold any assumptions about anybody.
LET THEM BE MY BROTHER. WE DEY ALL LEARN.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2008
wanaj0:

@ all,

Roughcut, institutional investors that partook of the FBN and Access offer got money refunded to them. That include those that participated as prefential investor. If one person applied for 50% of the total offer what is the person looking for? How much will they now allot to the others? For institutional investors that do not bid for a takeover, you negotiate with the owners and you get a private placement. That's what Actis did with Diamond. They did not enter via PO. Even with Intercontinental, the funds entered via supplementary offer and not the intial offer. Inter went to meet the fund managers to invest. Look at even the IBTC/Stanbic deal. It was discussed. Not one that someone will submit application for 50% of the total shares on offer. That immediately skewed the allotment process. If you have that amount of money and intesret, why not eneter into discussion and negotiate.

It doesnt make any iota of  sense financially for any institutional investor that has billions of naira and deep pockets to invest to go via PO/IPO i dont think they would like to tie down their funds in return for a 'paltry' interest plus principal in case monies are returned.It is  even more ludicrous if they are now applying for 50% of what is on offer that does not constitute a serious bid to mei'm sure all the other institutional investors have not come to sight-see third mainland bridge!

So any institutional investor that has applied for 50% of the equity on offer is  not yet  ready to play with the big boys catch my drift? i was not referring to the institutional investors that entered or applied via PO i dont even know them all those i referred to in my earlier post on this subject dont think they applied via IPO/PO. Those guys have serious money to play with so why would you want to waste time and tie down valuable resources applying for PO or IPO's?

Like you said the banks would have to come and look for them and not the other way round!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2008
@ololufemi

do you think i should swap my 50k access bought @ 2day's value for uba and re enter access later?i still be your little just got furtunate to dey oxford !my grammar self no suppose bring me here just been lucky! you be my ololufe 2!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2008
@ Fatherof2,

Baba, Afternoon and how work/ business. Hope your family is doing great.

You don get plenty disciples and its really good.

I just dey regret why I go carry money buy 30,000 units of Dangote and 40,000 Access PO That man show awon boys oh but the money go serve better purpose for awon boys oh.

I hope sey you never forget about that hit wey you wan give me. I humbly await your declaration.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:25pm On Jan 10, 2008
oxfordkid:

@ololufemi

do you think i should swap my 50k access bought @ 2day's value for uba and re enter access later?i still be your little just got furtunate to dey oxford !my grammar self no suppose bring me here just been lucky! you be my ololufe 2!!!

I beg which college you dey for Oxford Uni?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 4:27pm On Jan 10, 2008
@roughcut
christ church dey do law!y?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 4:27pm On Jan 10, 2008
wanaj0:

@ all,

if you don't get HEART don't do short term trading. You will get HYPERTENSION. Most of you following Fatherof2's strategy don't know the kind of person he is. When FCMB was dropping after the lifting of TS and people were shaking, he was resolute. That means that he is willing to wait it through. Secondly he is not under 'pressure' to sell. Thirdly, he is well diversified with deep pockets. Fatherof2 is recommending First Bank you think he is planning to clean out in two weeks? He went into WAPCo you think he is talking about 2 weeks? If you don't tailor your strategy to your personality, you will soon be on the hospital bed. Fatherof2, please teach your students about risk in relation  to age, size of porfolio, investment objective etc or else you go carry many dead body!!!!!!

WANAJO! WANAJO!! WANAJO!

Thanks for the above advice to the many neophyte speculators who are simply hanging on the shoulders of FATHEROF2.  Hope they will not force him to attend a funeral soon. grin  Just kidding.  BUY STOCKS WITH FUNDAMENTALS AND TAKE PROFIT WHEN YOU WANT.  Instead of buying more some are already complaining that UBA has not risen to N60!  Die, die ,   Die, die in Yoruba means SMALL, SMALL, but in English the meaning is obvious grin  If you buy stocks with sound fundamentals even if for months you the price didn't shake, you will have nothing to fear.  THAT IS WISDOM OF STOCK INVESTING, otherwise the story will be different sooner than later.  Is anyone still wanting to average on price of TRANSCORP?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2008
oxfordkid:

@roughcut
christ church dey do law!y?
Applied to do MBA part-time at Said Biz school
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2008
@roughcut
you are next to the train station! nice one
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 4:35pm On Jan 10, 2008
so you go dey shuttle btw geneve and oxford?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2008
oxfordkid:

@ololufemi

Don't sell your Access now;hold on to it. It is a good stock and it will definitely rise again. There are some stocks you don't just do away with because they drop some steps downward. Let patient be one of your watch words and don't always follow the crowd.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2008
oxfordkid:

so you go dey shuttle between geneve and oxford?
Hopefully starting in sept but i have to go and find £40,000 first
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2008
oxfordkid:

so you go dey shuttle between geneve and oxford?
I can pay instalmentally over two years so hopefully the collateral damage is bearable grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 4:39pm On Jan 10, 2008
@ ololufemi

thanx my lover ,what is your take on those penny stocks ?any recommendation?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by elemu(m): 4:40pm On Jan 10, 2008
@ all
Please as a newbie in this forum, I am very happy and greatful for all the advices form gurus - Fof2, Wanaj0 et al.
Please can one help on this question. My current broker is terrible!!! I have a laundry list of reasons - For someone not in Nigeria, Is there a Reputable broker where I can open account - buy and sell online without having to travel back to Naija,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:41pm On Jan 10, 2008
@ All,

From the news we heard today coming from Dangote and Access, it means that more money will come back to the market and I can bet it that even a 10 year old boy no go buy pass 4500, units of any PO.

Example, My own money dey come back come floor for some juicy stock.

NB I don tire to try get AIICO but the thing no gree show. Does anybody want to sell his/her AIICO.

Na beg.

@ Oxfordkid,

Greet Bhutto pikin for me oh. The market needs to be studied patiently and it is not wise to move in and out abruptly- buy today and sell tomorrow on the same stock. UBA may even gain 5% tomorrow and you fit don lose some good percentages on the money

It would seve better if you can source for more money to make another entry into UBA.

Find another money buy UBA.

Fidelity dey there but wait make it drop close to PO price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2008
@
RoughCut:

Hopefully starting in sept but i have to go and find £40,000 first
all the best and see you soon
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Shibrino(f): 4:43pm On Jan 10, 2008
@wanaj0 and FO2

Pls advice the good buys now, I have some cash with me and I want to invest it (primary or secondary marketm any one).  Me sef won be like una. Abeg make una help me so dat I go dey talk with authority like una.

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.