Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,548 members, 7,861,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:24 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820048 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 4:33pm On Jan 25, 2008
Surprises:

since you like Spring Bank, ebi like say you go like WEMA grin   Seriously why do you like Spring Bank.  E cheap eh?
Bros no be say I like them. I no go go Wema lailai. Them case be the same sha but I don over hear ppl talk abt spring but I wanted to see if there is anything positive abt them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:34pm On Jan 25, 2008
hispy99:

If TRW is to be believed Transnationwide Express actually lost ground today shocked

Yes they did. And yours truly is happily picking up some units and will average down on this one. Cheap company with interesting potential!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 4:36pm On Jan 25, 2008
faketan:

All,

Is it advisable to enter deapcap, capoil, and spring bank for 6-9months now?
Could you please suggest a better stock for medium to long term.
Cheers

Please windywendy, AKT etc,

make una help me talk for the question above. I sabi say Sping get K-feet before.

Please can I got into any of those now? Should I wait?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afamako: 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2008
@Eniyanman
That's true. If you don't use leverage that should not be a problem. One can also limit  investments to FTSE100 (especially large caps) where volatility is lower. My prob with NSE is high dealing costs, so I wan learn to CICO  

My broda I don learn my lesson now. That time wen tech stocks dey reign (I no no wetin dem dey call fundamentals), I put equity + leverage inside the market and when dotcom buble burst, I hear weeen. The type wey be say na one eye you dey close to sleep the other one dey watch price.

Anyway I be born again investor now and I dey watch my money closely. once beaten twice shy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:40pm On Jan 25, 2008
faketan:

make una help me talk for the question above. I sabi say Sping get K-feet before.

WAIT!. deap is coming to the primary market soon if u believe what they themselve have said but easimoni is the resource u need on deap sha.

spring - no info to share, dont follow them. sorry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:40pm On Jan 25, 2008
faketan:

I'ld say "stay away from DEAPCAP". That bonus rumor is just a RUMOR and if the outcome of the meeting those guys had is anything to go by, it doesn't seem like they're planning to do a bonus issue. They increased the authorized share capital to make room for a PO. If you're interested in that company long term, wait for the PO. My opinion though.

Spring Bank? I thought they're having problems? Don't know much about them though, but if I were you, I would check up on their financial health before investing. I heard sometime ago that they were at risk of losing their operational license -- not good, if you ask me. But then do more research.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:42pm On Jan 25, 2008
faketan:

Bros no be say I like them. I no go go Wema lailai. Them case be the same sha but I don over hear people talk about spring but I wanted to see if there is anything positive about them.

The only  positive thing  about them is that they are floating a subsidiary called SpringMortgage which apparently is doing well on the NSE before Q1 '08. The bank nothing dey for them o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:42pm On Jan 25, 2008
@aktopgun, how's the baby doing?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2008
windywendy:

Yes they did. And yours truly is happily picking up some units and will average down on this one. Cheap company with interesting potential!

Myself and Stock Marshall wanaj0 we beg Mypeace tire make she let us in on the action when the stock was <N1.00 she no gree do anything! She works for that company!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2008
RoughCut:

Myself and Stock Marshall wanaj0 we beg Mypeace tire make she let us in on the action when the stock was <N1.00 she no gree do anything! She works for that company!

Hahaha! I remember that time! Me sef wan enter back then, but no volume. But even at today's price, it's still very cheap! Those guys have a niche market and are growing a lot (Abi Mypeace no be true I talk? smiley smiley). I don't see this price fall lasting too long, so I'm averaging down on this one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2008
my sis wendy

he is well and as i told roughcut earlier we await the physical manifestation of the spiritual truth in jesus name.

i will surely give the testimony on nairaland, trust me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 4:55pm On Jan 25, 2008
@Upward
I agree with you about WAPCO (I was in but i don commot), person wey no get liver should not be there, with the lift on imports. Honestly, i would rather pick up other Insurance or Bank stocks with a much more lower forward PE and better growth potential.

But, if you get liver - please stay o,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:56pm On Jan 25, 2008
aktopgun:

my sis wendy

he is well and as i told roughcut earlier we await the physical manifestation of the spiritual truth in jesus name.

i will surely give the testimony on nairaland, trust me.

It is well! Just a scripture to encourage you:

Isaiah 46:4 (New International Version)

Even to your old age and gray hairs
      I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
      I have made you and I will carry you;
      I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

According to the dictionary:

SUSTAIN means:
1. To keep in existence; maintain.
2. To supply with necessities or nourishment; provide for.
3. To support from below; keep from falling or sinking; prop.
4. To support the spirits, vitality, or resolution of; encourage.

And RESCUE means:
1. To set free, as from danger or imprisonment;
2. To save
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:58pm On Jan 25, 2008
@All: Enjoy your weekend oh! Until next week. Laters!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:59pm On Jan 25, 2008
windywendy:

Hahaha! I remember that time! Me sef wan enter back then, but no volume. But even at today's price, it's still very cheap! Those guys have a niche market and are growing a lot (Abi Mypeace no be true I talk? smiley smiley). I don't see this price fall lasting too long, so I'm averaging down on this one.

Even Redstar Express that listed in the same sector a few months ago i think for around N3  only about 4 people were moving the stock around so no show for moi!

They made sure they pumped up the price i think it's done about 160% now so they  are just waiting for the thing to go on TS
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 5:10pm On Jan 25, 2008
windywendy:

You are right, and we have GOOD MANAGEMENT.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 5:10pm On Jan 25, 2008
Windy wendy, Roughcut, AKT
Thanks a lot.

Agha akara aka adighi eri ngwuro.

Contributions well taken.

May you never see red in NSE .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ Roughcut,

How now,how body.Dem say dirty block the line when dey supply fuel to our right engine. captain still dey work on am.
  I dey do some small isle exercise to pass away the time before them repair am finish.

@ Upward

I just call my brother, e say una dey enjoy correct service inside the PZ airline.
 Anything when happen to am, happen to me oh.

@ Kpineo,
Where you dey, how work?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 5:22pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ FO2 and all.

l know say u no bi long termer but please l have a decision to make between FB and GTB, which is your pick for 6mth to 1 year.  maybe l shd add Oceanic too.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:23pm On Jan 25, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ Roughcut,

How now,how body.Dem say dirty block the line when dey supply fuel to our right engine. captain still dey work on am.
  I dey do some small isle exercise to pass away the time before them repair am finish.

@ Upward

I just call my brother, e say una dey enjoy correct service inside the PZ airline.
 Anything when happen to am, happen to me oh.

I still dey wait for the biscuit and the tea wey you dey serve o! He be like say you take style bypass me. Even if i go refuel i go still join plane kia kia for the Q3 results. At least the left engine still dey kampe grin grin grin grin grin

He be like say na only me dey onboard Costain  i beg FO2 if you dey identify yourself abi you dey gist with air-hostess again for inside cabin?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:34pm On Jan 25, 2008
@FatherOf2,
Yeah, no problem, this your twin brother that's EXACTLY you why not accept you are there and let's know your seet number. Meanwhile, have you boarded the WAPCO flight, do you see it hanging on for me to get salary so I can get more?

@kpineo and NBA, and ALL.
Hope you are giving us the bid/offer position today?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:37pm On Jan 25, 2008
RoughCut:

I still dey wait for the biscuit and the tea wey you dey serve o! He be like say you take style bypass me. Even if i go refuel i go still join plane kia kia for the Q3 results. At least the left engine still dey kampe grin grin grin grin grin

He be like say na only me dey onboard Costain  i beg FO2 if you dey identify yourself abi you dey gist with air-hostess again for inside cabin?

[size=15pt]WHAT[/size] no biscuit?.
Maybe dem stop to dey share the biscuit wen turbulence be start that day.
As seatbelt sign come on,tea fit pour.
No worry after captain don repair engine finish very soon, na GOAT we go slaughter for inside plane gongon.Na inside plane we go still roast am and plane no go catch fire.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:41pm On Jan 25, 2008
upward:

@FatherOf2,
Yeah, no problem, this your twin brother that's EXACTLY you why not accept you are there and let's know your seat number. Meanwhile, have you boarded the WAPCO flight, do you see it hanging on for me to get salary so I can get more?

Seat 18D (window seat) on the left, near that fine woman wen wear Yellow cap.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2008
upward:

@upward
As soon as it arrives   smiley smiley smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:46pm On Jan 25, 2008
NBA:

@upward
As soon as it arrives smiley smiley smiley

Thank you so much. will be waiting. You guys are doing well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:51pm On Jan 25, 2008
MyPeace:

@ FO2 and all.

l know say u no bi long termer but please l have a decision to make between FB and GTB, which is your pick for 6mth to 1 year.  maybe l should add Oceanic too.

Both of them na my pick oh.I no fit seperate them. Both have very good profit growth.
Even Oceanic good too.But for 6months FB and GTB and for 1year Oceanic.
I've always liked banks right from time. Money must come.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:56pm On Jan 25, 2008
@All,
I wish all of us a very happy weekend.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by uche1(m): 6:12pm On Jan 25, 2008
thank you ooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 6:25pm On Jan 25, 2008
Daily Stock Position Attached:

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2008
UBA Global Market - The implications of a uniform financial year-end for banks attached:

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 6:59pm On Jan 25, 2008
What's all the fuss about DEAP capital's PP for telecoms investment.Na who no know go go put hand for that fire.Generally,I HATE mutual funds,hedge funds,unit trusts & distrusts.I dont see any point zoning pepper into levels wey I no get say per how dem dey deploy the thing,secondly as a penny hunter and sharp sharp short termer I no well for all those many many mungo park stories wey dey for all those mutual funds.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 7:01pm On Jan 25, 2008
Roughtcut I dey on board o, might take some out after I reach 30% profit, and keep rest for FY results

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.