Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,007 members, 7,863,641 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:18 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820387 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 11:08pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ ALL,

WHOOOOOOOOOO this is interesting 40M LOAN AJEOOOOOOOOO WERE IS MY CRYSTAL BALL LET ME SEEE BUT BEWARE NSE STLL DEY BLEED AND THE BLEEDING IS ABOUT TO START grin shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 11:11pm On Jan 25, 2008
BIGBOYLARY:

@ ALL,

WHOOOOOOOOOO this is interesting 40M LOAN AJEOOOOOOOOO WERE IS MY CRYSTAL BALL LET ME SEEE BUT BEWARE NSE STLL DEY BLEED AND THE BLEEDING IS ABOUT TO START grin shocked

Heeeeyyyyyyy Bigboylary, where have you been? We've missed you on the forum grin grin Oya, quick quick, before you do your disappearing act once again, tell us what your crystal ball is seeing for the rest of this year
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:21pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ Wendy,
so what do you have as the # of outstanding shares? I (and the NSE website) have 133M. Just noticed a surge in the # of shares being traded on this stock. Could it be the people who benefited from the rights?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by maggoo77: 11:27pm On Jan 25, 2008
I have the forexkiller2 software full version with activation code.Any body interested should contact me via email @ apresai@yahoo.com or call 08038209853.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2008
easimoni:

su amigo tiene hígado grande or is it "cojones grande" What collateral is he offering the bank?

Anyway, tell him to stay away from Ins coys, half of them will be on TS sometime this year; disaster for a short-termer. If I knew of any stocks that must make 100% in 6 months, I'll be the one taking the loan and not your friend  grin Tell him to buy UBA and Oceanic. I'm pretty sure they'll beat the 21% interest he is being charged. However, 40-50% is the best (realistically) he should hope for. I hope he is not prone to high BP O! This is not a small bet.

I think the 40million dollar-livered guy should be a little weary of Oceanic for reason of possible share-reconstruction blues.

UBA too,for reason of the extraordinarilly approved 3Billion new shares,which very unlikely though,could be for what?PO?Who knows. . . . .Never minding what "cowboy",so-called,Elumelu says. . . . .

Afterall we are talking 40 Mill here.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omoboy3(m): 11:34pm On Jan 25, 2008
easimoni:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=31554.msg1881159#msg1881159

Pumping posted his s.sheet here

@ easimoni
Abeg, I need your help. I downloaded your excel sheet that you pasted a while back. I'm trying to update it with current company result. How did you display all the column headers. I was trying to use PivotTable in excel but not sure how to display the headers. should I use " Row Area", "Column Area", "Page Area" or "Data Area", I have tried several permutations but they don't look like your original version.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:50pm On Jan 25, 2008
40 million na wa oooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
krush,
uba is good, even with the extra 3bn shares, its still the lowest pe in the sector going forward, skye self is sweet.
@ easimoin, its good to avoid the insurance sector if u r short term but for people who want to tap in to this sector, they better hit now cos they aint going lower ever ever again
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:51pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ Omo-boy, the spreadsheet in your post belongs to pumping. Mine is attached

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:56pm On Jan 25, 2008
this market is flat right now. im hoping february will be much better
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:57pm On Jan 25, 2008
My guess is that UBA's 3B new shares is to give them room, not for a PO, but for a bonus. Now they can do a 1-for-6 at the next FY. even though UBA has the lowest forward PE, it has the highest NOMINAL price in the sector. A bonus can correct that. Having a high nominal price drives away some investors.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:59pm On Jan 25, 2008
easimoni:

My guess is that UBA's 3B new shares is to give them room, not for a PO, but for a bonus. Now they can do a 1-for-6 at the next FY. even though UBA has the lowest forward PE, it has the highest NOMINAL price in the sector. A bonus can correct that. Having a high nominal price drives away some investors.
i completely agree.
WISH EVRY 1 A HAPPY WEEKEND. GOODNITE YALL
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 12:01am On Jan 26, 2008
@windywendy

Heeeeyyyyyyy Bigboylary, where have you been? We've missed you on the forum    Oya, quick quick, before you do your disappearing act once again, tell us what your crystal ball is seeing for the rest of this year

How body and little ones i just dey kulee and sidon dey look as more are unfolding @ tis bleeding period wink wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ManJiro(m): 12:07am On Jan 26, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omoboy3(m): 12:19am On Jan 26, 2008
easimoni:

@ Omo-boy, the spreadsheet in your post belongs to pumping. Mine is attached

@Easimoni

Thanks, I already downloaded your spreadsheet, I think you posted it earlier either Nov/Dec 07, Did you use PivotTable for the "Analysis" page.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 12:40am On Jan 26, 2008
:d :d :d
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 1:01am On Jan 26, 2008
This thread has gone bullish in recent months. 2 days away and it takes 2hours plus to catch up.
As per UBA report on new Soludo directive, i think it will skew the markets initially, but is a very good thing for long term sustainability.

@AKTOGUN
I need a booster shot of the Anti-PO vaccination, i think am over due, before the virus becomes active again.

@Father of2
Work dey oh, na oyinbo just wan use the small 9-5 chnage wey them dey give me completely. Also had to up the mountains to pray for a vision on my NASCON, a the vision is hold on my son end of year is around the corner.
AIR PHB just dey autopilot, i beg make someone put am for gear. Need to get out for more CICO. In UBA though at 50.50 (yeye brokers).

Who mentioned University of Suya PP, make una no kill person oh grin grin grin

@all
I believe no need to continue updating spreadsheets to load into APTISTOCK with the new deluxe tool on nigeriansecurities website. Data for up to 2 years, thats wicked.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 1:24am On Jan 26, 2008
@Akptogun, I see your questions have been answered about LSE.

There is also the options of CFD or Spreadbetting (margin trading) but of course LSE is a bit of unstable ground for now.

If you have the right info on LSE there are veeryy decent gains to be made, not as mad as NSE but decent all the same.

Na wa o 40m @ 21% add the 5% for the buying and selling, you need the minimum of 40% profit.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 1:49am On Jan 26, 2008
kpineo:

Who mentioned University of Suya PP, make una no kill person oh grin grin grin

I believe no need to continue updating spreadsheets to load into APTISTOCK with the new deluxe tool on nigeriansecurities website. Data for up to 2 years, thats wicked.

The University of Suya PP will be followed by an "Easimoni PLC PP". All oversubscription will be accommodated. No monies will be returned. grin tongue

My only fear with nigeriansecurities is that they'll one day ask us to pay for the services.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 2:14am On Jan 26, 2008
nigeriansecurities is great, I'd pay for their services, things like these are worth paying for especially as market gets bigger
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 2:21am On Jan 26, 2008
I guess it depends on how much nigeriansecurities.com decides to charge for subscription. It is a very informative site.
Naijadr:

nigeriansecurities is great, I'd pay for their services, things like these are worth paying for especially as market gets bigger
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 2:35am On Jan 26, 2008
@easimoni, pumping777and all
What do you have for outstanding no. of shares for SKYE Bank considering their present PO.
thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 2:40am On Jan 26, 2008
For guys wanting to know which insurance companies are likely to be coming out with PO, see below (got info from cashcraft)

"As a result, a number of the underwriting companies has concluded arrangements perhaps awaiting regulatory approval to launch out before the end of the first quarter of this year. In the league include Niger Insurance Plc, AIICO Insurance Plc; Sovereign Trust Insurance Plc, Linkage Assurance Plc among others."

Naijadr:

Don't start inciting them yet, they still need to prove their service especially in terms of daily price reliability.
Don't know why they should charge anyway there are many free sites like that for other countries markets.

Revenue should come from the companies advertising with them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by abocana: 3:03am On Jan 26, 2008
@Dollyp1cute, Thanks very much for the above info on some of the companies coming by 1st quarter

of the year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 3:24am On Jan 26, 2008
shigidi:

Deepends on where exactly on the fence you are looking at it from. I am guessing that you don't have OASISINS, EQUITYASUR, JAPAULOIL or AFROIL in your portfolio. I dey with you there I just dey look them everyday dey sigh
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 3:25am On Jan 26, 2008
shigidi:

Depends on where exactly on the fence you are looking at it from. I am guessing that you don't have OASISINS, EQUITYASUR, JAPAULOIL or AFROIL in your portfolio. I dey with you there I just dey look them everyday dey sigh
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Patogbish: 4:16am On Jan 26, 2008
Kudos to all the gurus in the house! thanks for the wealth of info, but nobody is saying anything about BOC-Gas, yet the price is hitting the roof . like to know watin dey happen for this stock. I salute una. wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:25am On Jan 26, 2008
I am fully relaxing in my seat in the ikeja hotel flight, with an excess luggage of 100 kg.

@ all the gurus, how long can this flight last? This is to know when to press the stop button, I got in at 6.10.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawtycoon: 11:37am On Jan 26, 2008
@All,
Is it advicable to buy Intercont.Bank now,my broker was telling i should buy it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:40am On Jan 26, 2008
Patogbish:

Kudos to all the gurus in the house! thanks for the wealth of info, but nobody is saying anything about BOC-Gas, yet the price is hitting the roof . like to know watin dey happen for this stock. I salute una. wink

My sell order go reach my broker for that one by Monday. I enjoyed the ride from 2.50. Now is the time to tell them THANK YOU.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:04pm On Jan 26, 2008
N40m loan for 6months is a recipe for disaster!!!!!! 6months is too short a time. So the guy better watch it. Remember, capital market is for long term investment even though there are opportunities for short term gains.

Imagine a scenario that in six months, he is in the red and so his stocks were sold at a loss only to see the same stocks move up in the 7th or 8th month. Hope the persons BP can handle that.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2008
in the spirit of being ur brother's keeper, to the fella whose friend wink is about to get a N40m loan to invest in the NSE:

NOT FOR 6MONTHS. reason: timeframe too short. unless u are bigboylarry and have a crystal ball,
u can only make calculated guesses which still can be wrong.

recipe for heartattack really. any loan taken to invest is a risk let alone 40big ones.

question: has he ever traded any stock before, from ur statement it doesnt sound like it meaning he will probably be relying on hear say, instinct, buying what's rising in price, what's popular, etc or worse still, on a broker without much research himself shocked

danger, danger, danger!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 1:31pm On Jan 26, 2008
@wanaj0

Yes, I expect you to visit your bank manager soon, with the "loot" from BOC and CAPALBERTO (CICO?), not a surprise  grin grin grin

However, what will you be buying, abi you wan make your bank manager use am trade small

On a more serious note, I await your recommendations, a fit drop you a line if you don't mind,

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.