Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,547 members, 7,861,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:02 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820045 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:06pm On Jan 25, 2008
Naijadr:

Roughtcut I dey on board o, might take some out after I reach 30% profit, and keep rest for FY results
Yep that's the way to do it i will be checking  to make sure the fuel  in Skye jet can sustain the flight all the way to Q2 because that one na slap and dash no stopping for refuelling while i still dey  on board bank PHB and Costain
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 7:07pm On Jan 25, 2008
@AKT, Nairalanders

I am an old hand on LSE stocks, although mostly dealt with IPOs and Privatisations.
Must advise you to be very very cautious in going into the LSE, indeed any Western stock exchange. There are extremely limited opportunities for making a killing. All news about shares are usually uniformly known except for very closed knit inner circles of traders. The brokers are more professional but you will get advice only to buy stocks they are trying to dump.
These are generalisations but should serve as warning and guide.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:11pm On Jan 25, 2008
@SAMSTONE

thanks bro. i have no intention of going into the LSE or NYSE or any other stock exchange outsid eof nigeria, at least for now and the foreseeable future wink wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 7:13pm On Jan 25, 2008
FatherOF2:

Seat 18D (window seat) on the left, near that fine woman when wear Yellow cap.

I go report you give your wife o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:32pm On Jan 25, 2008
samstone4:

@AKT, Nairalanders

I am an old hand on LSE stocks, although mostly dealt with IPOs and Privatisations.
Must advise you to be very very cautious in going into the LSE, indeed any Western stock exchange. There are extremely limited opportunities for making a killing. All news about shares are usually uniformly known except for very closed knit inner circles of trader. The brokers are more professional but you will get advice only to buy stocks they are trying to dump.
These are generalisations but should serve as warning and guide.

Samstone4 cool cool cool

Those markets are too organized and  too strict for individual investors a substantial proportion of the participants are institutional investors and mutual funds not meant for peeps like you and me who will like to take profits on a weekly basis!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 8:02pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ALL
how many of us they this ikeja hotel flight, d thin go soon hit teh highest altitude.hangers on are welcome. INVISIBE who will go elect as captain for this flight? e be like say yodiyokun don book to be hostess on 2 days ago. grin grin grin i go buy counting machine by next week monday. FO2,pumping,etc we go soon wave una for inside flight PHB.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:35pm On Jan 25, 2008
iconbull:

@ALL
how many of us they this ikeja hotel flight, d thin go soon hit the highest altitude.hangers on are welcome. INVISIBE who will go elect as captain for this flight? e be like say yodiyokun don book to be hostess on 2 days ago. grin grin grin i go buy counting machine by next week monday. FO2,pumping,etc we go soon wave una for inside flight PHB.

Hmm this one na long tory -
My people as usual no buy am - it has gained 10% since I asked easimoni for the numbers ooo - this thread sha.You no dey here anything peren- na to highjack am.

I don tire for lead oo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 8:50pm On Jan 25, 2008
UBA Global Market - The implications of a uniform financial year-end for banks attached:

@NBA,

TheUBA Banking implications report looks solid but i'm not too sure about their recommendations -at least they mentioned themselves
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:52pm On Jan 25, 2008
I know this was provided a some pages back, but I have searched can't seem to locate it.

I need the updated outstanding shares spreadsheet - I am trying to update my spreadsheets but I doubt I have the correct numbers on some companies.

pumping, how have you adjusted your spreadsheet for this new year, I am thinking of adding new columns , do you have any other ideas?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by netotse(m): 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2008
@all the pple in the hse
can someone please tell me how the T+3 clearance thing works cos my broker is s'posed to have bought some UBA for me on monday(by the way this is my first trade) but when i check my online acct wiv them it doesnt show anything up till now, (i'm s'posed to be registered for trade alert but i've never got any txts tho she sed i should have got one after she opened my cscs acct or somefink like that, ) the broker is CASHCRAFT o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:57pm On Jan 25, 2008
yodiyokun:

I know this was provided a some pages back, but I have searched can't seem to locate it.

I need the updated outstanding shares spreadsheet - I am trying to update my spreadsheets but I doubt I have the correct numbers on some companies.

pumping, how have you adjusted your spreadsheet for this new year, I am thinking of adding new columns , do you have any other ideas?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=31554.msg1881159#msg1881159

Pumping posted his s.sheet here
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by netotse(m): 8:59pm On Jan 25, 2008
@all the pple in the hse
can someone please tell me how the T+3 clearance thing works cos my broker is s'posed to have bought some UBA for me on monday(by the way this is my first trade) but when i check my online acct wiv them it doesnt show anything up till now, (i'm s'posed to be registered for trade alert but i've never got any txts tho she sed i should have got one after she opened my cscs acct or somefink like that, ) the broker is CASHCRAFT o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 9:03pm On Jan 25, 2008
LondonCool:

@NBA,

TheUBA Banking implications report looks solid but i'm not too sure about their recommendations -at least they mentioned themselves

I think they have a point about their conclusions - remember market sentiments; How many investors will remember some results are for 15 months while some are for 10 Months. There will be some distortion this year and some Banks will enjoy favourable sentiments than the others because of that.

I like the report sha - at least they saved us the time of research.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 9:07pm On Jan 25, 2008
easimoni:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=31554.msg1881159#msg1881159

Pumping posted his s.sheet here

OH ok - I have checked it now - Something is wrong with it.

It appears it was saved with .xlsx extension and though I removed the extra x to make it an excel file, it opened but was filled with jargons.

Pumping - please upload the spreadsheet again ; but check the file extension before you do.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 9:08pm On Jan 25, 2008
@Netotse

You should have had text alert within hours of the purchase on Monday and should have been reflected in your CSCS account within 3 days.

My guess. Your broker did not buy the shares. Certainly not on Monday.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 25, 2008
Don,t worry pc guru will solve this. the problem is that xslx is a format for office 2007. so u have to install office 2007 while the normal one u know is x;s,even doc is changed to docx. hope i helped u
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2008
The London Stock Exchange is exciting if you stick to penny shares.AIM is better to play on and not the Professional Market.There are loads of GDRs on offer(not like the Diamond Bank "wurururu listing") that you can tap into.A recent one was reliance energy of India.get the GDR and later convert to local shares in India and sell off.All these can be done with a good broker who also trades in India.Most brokers do.

Since Diamond Bank's GDR was lsited on the LSE I have tried in vain to get it and not one single broker knows how to get it.It is trading daily.But Brokers will tell you it is not on their system.It is called the more you see the lsee you understand!If you have Diamond GDR my candid advise is that you should convert them to local shares sharp sharp!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ALL
NIGERIA 0--0MALI  shocked shocked undecided
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donilors: 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2008
yodiyokun:

Hmm this one na long tory -
My people as usual no buy am - it has gained 10% since I asked easimoni for the numbers ooo - this thread sha.You no dey here anything peren- na to highjack am.

I don tire for lead oo

@yodi,

Do u place orders via the website, i do this and it works for me so far. my trades are always executed, same day most times(once my limits are within range).
Someone in there told me it is more effective than placing with the RMs. I just send emails to the RMs so they know and indicate that i have placed orders on the website.

what i have noticed with them is that once a stock is on bid (strong / sometimes weak) e dey hard them . so the trick na to dey one step ahead even if na to lose some % aleast u still make some doe. All these guys have issues na to dey manage them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 9:26pm On Jan 25, 2008
yodiyokun:

OH ok - I have checked it now - Something is wrong with it.

It appears it was saved with .xlsx extension and though I removed the extra x to make it an excel file, it opened but was filled with jargons.

Pumping - please upload the spreadsheet again ; but check the file extension before you do.

Thanks

pc guru:

Don,t worry pc guru will solve this. the problem is that xslx is a format for office 2007. so u have to install office 2007 while the normal one u know is x;s,even doc is changed to docx. hope i helped u

Yodiyokun: The solution offered by PC Guru is only applicable if you do have Office 2007 at hand to install, otherwise you need to install a file converter from Microsoft. I had the same problem: here's the solution: File Format Converters.

Once you open the file you can now save as into your normal xls.

P.S Sorry file won't upload. visit Microsoft for the conversion file
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2008
pc guru:

Haa this is serious o

Pumping some of us are still using office 2003 na, how we go open higher version document.

Pumping please save the spreadsheet in an older version jare, I take God beg you.
Or PC guru if you can help us donwload and save it in an older version and reupload it here.

I beg na.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by WASKYWAJA: 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2008
FO2,WINDYWENDY,PUMPING AND THE REST THANK U GUYS!!!! GOD WILL BLESS U ALL IN THIS FORUM.

My Friend is currently on the verge of getting a 40m loan from a Naija bank for a period of 6 months for a 21% interest rate and he want to invest all in NSE. He is thinking of investing 80% of that in the inssurance  sector and 20% in the bank sector. Am afraid cos the amount is huge. could FO2,Pumping,wendy and  others suggest the stocks he will likely make like 100% in the next 6 months for him.

God Bless you all ! and may the sick by whole again. Amen.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2008
WASKY-WAJA:

FO2,WINDYWENDY,PUMPING AND THE REST THANK You GUYS!!!! GOD WILL BLESS You ALL IN THIS FORUM.

My Friend is currently on the verge of getting a 40m loan from a Naija bank for a period of 6 months for a 21% interest rate and he want to invest all in NSE. He is thinking of investing 80% of that in the inssurance sector and 20% in the bank sector. Am afraid because the amount is huge. could FO2,Pumping,wendy and others suggest the stocks he will likely make like 100% in the next 6 months for him.

CHEI ----- Some people get liver well well.

40M loan - I will not be able to sleep at night.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donilors: 9:35pm On Jan 25, 2008
WASKY-WAJA:

FO2,WINDYWENDY,PUMPING AND THE REST THANK You GUYS!!!! GOD WILL BLESS You ALL IN THIS FORUM.

My Friend is currently on the verge of getting a 40m loan from a Naija bank for a period of 6 months for a 21% interest rate and he want to invest all in NSE. He is thinking of investing 80% of that in the inssurance  sector and 20% in the bank sector. Am afraid because the amount is huge. could FO2,Pumping,wendy and  others suggest the stocks he will likely make like 100% in the next 6 months for him.

Balls of Steel ,  now thats how to make money !!!, ahhhhhhhhh

Gurus this one requires consultation fee ooooo, ah ogaju
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 9:38pm On Jan 25, 2008
Yodiyokun: You missed my post that helps solve the file problem:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-31554.12384.html#msg1888744
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 9:41pm On Jan 25, 2008
@wanajo

Thanks My Oga

working with this : ~ A stock that you will be scared of buying at current price is a SELL candidate. A share that you will like to BUY at current price should not be SOLD now.

====

with the deadline portofolio
:
unity bank 200k unit @ 7.10 naira=====>SELL  ---1.4m, , can i quickly reinvest this to make some extra before febrauary ending , any suggesed stock or .i should just wait jeje till slaughter day .

conerstone  50k @ 4.30k----undecided   may be sell by february   -----.2m
ecobank  50k@ 8.80---hold
sterling bank  150@ 7.99, hold
fidelity bank 50k@ 10.30, hold

from my other portofolios - hate to tamper with but what can i do ??

i can sell  DSR - already gained 120% gain ====> 1.5m  
fcmb ==>sell by feb , some 30%gain ===> .5m
diamond, aglvetis & betaglzss sell by feb (bought dec07) @ anticipted average of 35% gain ====> .4m
at the current price ,  

i guess i can get by, other sigificant stocks in d portfolio are : acess;pz;ubn;ashaka ,flourmils,dunlop

what do you advise

thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ Yodi
Pumping seems to be "OOO" today.
Find enclosed file attached in excel03 format.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:09pm On Jan 25, 2008
WASKY-WAJA:

My Friend is currently on the verge of getting a 40m loan from a Naija bank for a period of 6 months for a 21% interest rate and he want to invest all in NSE. He is thinking of investing 80% of that in the inssurance  sector and 20% in the bank sector. Am afraid because the amount is huge. could FO2,Pumping,wendy and  others suggest the stocks he will likely make like 100% in the next 6 months for him.

su amigo tiene hígado grande or is it "cojones grande" What collateral is he offering the bank?

Anyway, tell him to stay away from Ins coys, half of them will be on TS sometime this year; disaster for a short-termer. If I knew of any stocks that must make 100% in 6 months, I'll be the one taking the loan and not your friend  grin Tell him to buy UBA and Oceanic. I'm pretty sure they'll beat the 21% interest he is being charged. However, 40-50% is the best (realistically) he should hope for. I hope he is not prone to high BP O! This is not a small bet.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 10:15pm On Jan 25, 2008
@Wanaja0, Windwendy et al and other experts at analysis,

Have we reached any verdict on FirstInland, I know Skyebank is OK in comparison.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by WASKYWAJA: 10:31pm On Jan 25, 2008
he is pledging his share certs value of 40% for the loan.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by abocana: 10:44pm On Jan 25, 2008
@Esimoni,Your above statement is very informative and useful 4 people like me also.

I reside in canada,i'm always on nairaland 24/7 home and work learning everyday about NSE.

Can u kindly tell me companies coming out before April 08?

so anxious.

Thanks very much.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 11:05pm On Jan 25, 2008
@all: it's very uncharacteristic of me to log in on a Friday evening, as I like ensuring that my weekends are as "internet-free" as possible. However, I need to retract a statement I made earlier today about Trans-nationwide express. I had the wrong numbers -- did not factor in the fact that they just recently did a 1 for 1 rights issue, which basically doubled the number of shares outstanding. On this basis, the company doesn't look so great from a valuation perspective sorry Mypeace but still has good market potential. Forward PE is almost 30 based on Q3 2007 result. So wait for more reasonable valuations before entry. Fortunately my broker wasn't able to get too many units today  smiley.

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.