Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:06 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (818429 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 9:54pm On Jan 30, 2008
yodiyokun:

But the point is that their is a shift in the thinking of americans, especially the young generation; even if he doesnt win he has set the stage for another OBAMA that may come in 8 years time.
That is the quote of the day, fully supported.

@all
daily position attached

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 10:00pm On Jan 30, 2008
A lot of stocks are on BID -- are we witnessing the start of another bull run?

or whats up? handful of stocks are on offer?

Are we seeing the January allocation in action?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:03pm On Jan 30, 2008
pumping777:

Ha!!! I fear you o. No track record for Obama Track record only starts in the US senate? Obama "fumbles" and HRC has a "good" track record Tell me ONE thing that HRC has done. No need to argue this one.

Obama does fumble when he's not thoroughly prepared: na Mrs Easimoni first talk am self. HRC's track record? hmmmmmm HRC introduced GSM to naija (wait, that was OBJ's ONLY achievement". tongue  grin) Never said HC had a good record (as a Senator,no, since they don't do much anyway. But a 1st Lady, the failed healthcare initiative was a good one, shame it didn't work because the situation has only gotten worse) but the Clinton's time was great apart from Monica keeping that dress.  tongue

Anyway, I wonder why I even care, I'd be a republican if I had the option. I can really hear Yodi screaming traitor tongue They are on my side of the gay and abortion issues. Go Huckabee!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:04pm On Jan 30, 2008
EASIMONI, thanks a lot, no i dont have ur spreadsheet, dont mind me bin really scatter brained recently grin grin
@ yodiyokun, hope uve picked up ur UBA certs.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ojet21: 10:05pm On Jan 30, 2008
which exam again is that o im tottally lost now,

Big sis how u dey

U don forget ur brother for inside this cold here o !
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:07pm On Jan 30, 2008
frankiriri, i am so so sorry, may the lord be ur strength, uve bin a great inspiration to me, may GOD bless u a million times.
i pray ur brother will look down at u from heaven and smile for he has a great big brother.
hang in there
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:10pm On Jan 30, 2008
yodiyokun:

Almost all the Ins coys are on strong bid. Na wah o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:13pm On Jan 30, 2008
easimoni:

Obama does fumble when he's not thoroughly prepared: na Mrs Easimoni first talk am self. HRC's track record? hmmmmmm HRC introduced GSM to naija (wait, that was OBJ's ONLY achievement". tongue  grin) Never said HC had a good record (as a Senator,no, since they don't do much anyway. But a 1st Lady, the failed healthcare initiative was a good one, shame it didn't work because the situation has only gotten worse) but the Clinton's time was great apart from Monica keeping that dress.  tongue

Anyway, I wonder why I even care, I'd be a republican if I had the option. I can really hear Yodi screaming traitor tongue They are on my side of the gay and abortion issues. Go Huckabee!

HRC has come out worse in most of the debates simply because she speaks from both sides of her mouth trying to please everyone.

The only thing on record for HRC was a failure. Intiative or not, she could not pull it off. Why does everyone keep referring to it.

At the end of the day, you said Clinton's era was great. which Clinton? Mr. or Mrs? Why are they refusing to make public all the correspondence between Mr. & Mrs. during Mr. Clinton's presidency? We will soon find out that she had nothing to offer then and definitely not now.

Apologies for the digression my people. I remain loyal.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tboy1(m): 10:27pm On Jan 30, 2008
@ dollyp1cute

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 10:28pm On Jan 30, 2008
ojet21:

which exam again is that o im tottally lost now,

Big sis how u dey

You don forget your brother for inside this cold here o !

If you call me Big Sis wetin you go call pumping -  for this forum I be small pickin grin
I no say you go done vex ooooo

Make we no unveil ourselves for here.

Na still mama charley side you dey or you don reach Bush side.

I hear say my friend go SA recently.

I no 4get you- i hope you know say chukwu dey your side

Send me an email lets talk. Na CIA exam

easimoni:

This one na the only yawa with Democrats oooo - I wish OBAMA was republican -- I will vote for him with my eyes closed.

In reality because of God issues, na republican ooo but BUSH don spoil their chance.

I beg leave US electioon oooo -
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 11:02pm On Jan 30, 2008
some moneybags are busy mopping up all the insurance stocks.
abi dem no dey fear TS? alguem hablar mi que passa por favour?

another zombie rising from the grave grin, OKITIPUPA OIL.
recieved a loan recently from GTB,changed directors and preparing for rights offer.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:07pm On Jan 30, 2008
hbrednic:

another zombie rising from the grave grin, OKITIPUPA OIL.
recieved a loan recently from GTB,changed directors and preparing for rights offer.

Are you proposing a pre-emptive strike?

Later: Forget it, no volumes to speak of
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 11:20pm On Jan 30, 2008
pumping777:

HRC has come out worse in most of the debates simply because she speaks from both sides of her mouth trying to please everyone.

The only thing on record for HRC was a failure. Intiative or not, she could not pull it off. Why does everyone keep referring to it.

At the end of the day, you said Clinton's era was great. which Clinton? Mr. or Mrs? Why are they refusing to make public all the correspondence between Mr. & Mrs. during Mr. Clinton's presidency? We will soon find out that she had nothing to offer then and definitely not now.

Apologies for the digression my people. I remain loyal.

Obama = Rock Star
Clinton = No Need to Waste My Breath
Romney = How many mouth the guy get sef?  E be like say im get one mouth for every position possible
McCain = The guy talk and move like scarecrow, very very stiff
Ron Paul  = I like most of his positions, but the guy fit come across as a mad man with his rants
Huckabee = who?  but seems like he's the only one left, although im too like tax sha

Back to NSE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by richieade(m): 11:40pm On Jan 30, 2008
easimoni:

Obama does fumble when he's not thoroughly prepared: na Mrs Easimoni first talk am self. HRC's track record? hmmmmmm HRC introduced GSM to naija (wait, that was OBJ's ONLY achievement". tongue grin) Never said HC had a good record (as a Senator,no, since they don't do much anyway. But a 1st Lady, the failed healthcare initiative was a good one, shame it didn't work because the situation has only gotten worse) but the Clinton's time was great apart from Monica keeping that dress. tongue

My brother dis ur quote na wa o shocked shocked shocked I hope say u de joke o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by abujabooks(f): 11:46pm On Jan 30, 2008
@Faketan,

Who is your Account Officer at Cashcraft? Please send their name to abujabooks@gmail.com. Cheers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 11:57pm On Jan 30, 2008
FoF2

You advised last week to wait for the end of this week being the end of the month before investing the remainin N500k from my CICO. Any suggestion on what to buy tomorrow or Friday?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 11:58pm On Jan 30, 2008
yodiyokun:

My Theory
LSE and DOW money don land for NSE o, insurance speculators wan double their money by fire, by mopping.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 12:01am On Jan 31, 2008
@Midas Touch

I had a few issues with FSDH but they have improved considerably in the last few months after they assigned me account officers. Previously was dealing with everybody and nobody.

Their website is very good for daily update of your portfolio and I give my orders now by emails and they do their best to execute. Must admit that they often buy at the higher end of the range and I usually don't get the lowdown on what's going on in the market.

I know my money will never disappear even though I'm based abroad.

@ Yodiyokun, Easi, Pumping, hispy etc

If Jessie Jackson was running for President I'll be 100% for him.
I am sceptical about Obama. It seems very unfair but I don't know if I can trust him.

There was a mixed race minister here in the UK.
When he was first elected to parliament he was making noises about "Today Westminster, Tomorrow Soweto" but then he started getting ambitious in government and as a minister I heard him say on television "I am a politician who happens to be Black and not a Black politician" unlike the late great Bernie Grant.
Bernie Grant would stand up for any Black man whether or not you were his constituent, not so for this minister.

I don't know which side Obama will be on if elected but somehow I find it hard to trust him.
It will be good to break that hoodoo of no Black President but we also hope it will be one with the attitude of Jackson. Not one who thinks it is a good idea to keep the White people satisfied with their objectivity by implying that all Nigerians are "scammers"  - like Oprah Winfrey and Colin Powell, when he was considering running for President.

In addition, I am convinced that a significant number of the votes for Obama has been by Republicans who want him to win the Democratic nomination, knowing McCain will defeat him in November.
The Clintons' hearts have always been in the right place when it comes to African-American issues, as Barrack Obama, Jessie Jackson etc have attested and will attest.

I expect Hillary to win very comfortably come super Tuesday especially after the South Carolina landslide for Obama.

Perhaps a Hillary Clinton-Barrack Obama ticket might have a chance?

Long story. If I make enough money on NSE this year I will go to "God's own country" change their constitution and become their first President with a Nigerian accent!

Samstone4 cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bjluv: 1:41am On Jan 31, 2008
seems like 30th/31st is a silent day
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 3:19am On Jan 31, 2008
This unrelenting upward march in the price of Big Treat and NSL na wa o. Does anyone by any chance have the prospectus for Big Treat and projections for NSL? Just curious as to what the underlying company fundamentals look like.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 3:30am On Jan 31, 2008
If Jessie Jackson was running for President I'll be 100% for him
really? he has nothing to offer apart from being black o!

When he was first elected to parliament he was making noises about "Today Westminster, Tomorrow Soweto" but then he started getting ambitious in government and as a minister I heard him say on television "I am a politician who happens to be Black and not a Black politician" unlike the late great Bernie Grant.
Bernie Grant would stand up for any Black man whether or not you were his constituent, not so for this minister.
they have to, in fact if you get there you'll have to make your position very clear when you get there or else people will be looking for favours just because you are the same colour as they are, this is a bit like our tribal system too- we are always expecting our village guy to bring some dev. to village. see the tribune about reversing bank consolidation for northern interest- yea rite

no mind me i be small boy for here!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 3:31am On Jan 31, 2008
anyone with the daily bids?

thanx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:46am On Jan 31, 2008
richieade:

My brother this your quote na wa o shocked shocked shocked I hope say u de joke o!
Why would I be joking? I don't support abortion or gay rights. I reserve my right to be "non-progressive".

hispy99:

This unrelenting upward march in the price of Big Treat and NSL na wa o. Does anyone by any chance have the prospectus for Big Treat and projections for NSL? Just curious as to what the underlying company fundamentals look like.

Proshare published some Bigtreat numbers as a prelude to the upcoming PO. Run a search on proshare for "big treat" and I'm sure u'll find it. Dunno anything about NSL. Let us know if u find something.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gidij(m): 5:16am On Jan 31, 2008
@ Samstone4
Long story. If I make enough money on NSE this year I will go to "God's own country" change their constitution and become their first President with a Nigerian accent!

Your problem won't be the accent, but the constitution! Americans revere their Constitution more than The Holy Bible. In fact, the American constitution quite decides where the bible can be used or not or (is interpreted to say so). I would suggest you make your mark by changing home country first. After that we might consider you for UN Secretary General. With all the money you would make from NSE you probably won't need any salary from both offices. Americans love such charity. grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 5:46am On Jan 31, 2008
@ALL.

Stockbroker counsels investors

By Agency Reporter

Published: Thursday, 31 Jan 2008

A Stockbroker,Mr Yemi Olumide, today in Lagos, advised investors to redefine their reasons for investing in quoted firms.

Olumide gave the advice against the backdrop of complaints by some investors on what they termed ”undue delay” in the payment of dividends and bonuses by some quoted companies.

Olumide, who is of the Professional Stockbrokers Limited, told the News Agency of Nigeria that unlike in the past when investors were contended only with gettingdividends and bonuses, today‘s investors invest for capital appreciation.

According to Olumide, while dividend and bonus payments yield little returns because they are also an aspect of investing, capital appreciation is more beneficial.

He explained that before dividends could be declared, investors would have to wait for the companies to close their register which, he said, usually took some time.

He described the Nigeria capital market as being on the upward trend with better prospects for investors.

“Today, there is more sophistication in the trading activities at the Exchange. The market looks very futuristic,” he said.

FROM PUNCH NEWSPAPER.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by charlimess: 6:23am On Jan 31, 2008
@frankiri

I am really sorry for the loss,i knw hw u feel emotionally,MAY GOD GIV U THE STRENGTH TO BEAR THE LOSS.AMEN
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 6:55am On Jan 31, 2008
@ FRANKIRIRI

Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. May God bring you and your family comfort.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:02am On Jan 31, 2008
I'VE NOTICED THIS THREAD IS GETTING INFECTED WITH PIDGIN ENGLISH.

@ Ololufemi,

For you specially. I would strongly recommend FCMB right now.It has bottomed out.
The banks are towin a new line now.Very quick releases.I'm strongly of the opinion FCMB will follow others for its 9months.
I'm expecting at least N23 for that stock. I've doubled my stake in it since the last CICO some weeks ago.
I'm currently waiting for IBTC to complete its descent in at least one half to two weeks max.

@ Osazeet

How are you too. I'm very ok,but very absent now.So i'm not posting as i would like to.It may take about 3 weeks before i can finally settle back again.
Thanks for your concern. You look like a very GENTLE MAN.
Thomas wyatt,i've not really done any business with that stock.BUT I STRONGLY WILL NOT ADVICE YOU TO GO THERE.IT'S NOT SAFE.I'm assuming you seem to want to go there for long term reasons and because it looks pennyish.If you want to do any longterm,put it in a safe place.Like i've always said, I LOVE BANKS,thats the only place that can absorb big money.You can place your tent in Afribank Now.It bottomed out last week as expected.Forget that its not pennyish,its your percentage gain that matters.

@ Upward,Koksieboy,

Same applies above. Well Unilever could have been ok sha,but it has already gained 10% since two fridays ago when i expected BLOW007 should have gotten it.
 Meanwhile BLOW007 did you still get GTB last week. That was the 3rd stock i expected you to use your last N600K on from the breakdown.
I'm also liking CCNN. I believe wapco's sentiment may rub off on it ,if wapco announces in early march. Besides that CCNN is quite cheap too now.
Diamond needs a slight descent and stabilization around the N21 axis for good reentry in a few weeks as we approach the Q3 for that stock.
 Just tell your ogas to pay you your February salary before the end of Febraury so u can take advantage.

Got to go.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 7:48am On Jan 31, 2008
@ wanaj0,what's your take on a choice between first inland and diamond from the 2ndary market
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:54am On Jan 31, 2008
rasputinn:

@ wanaj0,what's your take on a choice between first inland and diamond from the 2ndary market

I am more comfortable with Diamond.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:10am On Jan 31, 2008
@ ALL PENNY HUNTERS

In most cases,all you need to make a good call is first to know where the particular penny is NOW,Then determine what's about to happen/already happening  to it,i.e fresh fund injection,change in mgt,expected impact of govt policies etc.I've applied these rules over the years and I've been the better for it in stocks like tripple g,african paints,costain,japaul to name a few.

There were even times when I had to throw fundamentals out the window and go with my gut feeling(in the case of nig wire & cable & AG Lev in 2003) ,and boy did I make a good call.

So all those PAT,PBT,EPS,ROE,CAGR P.E whether forward or backward,don't work for me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 8:14am On Jan 31, 2008
@Frankiriri
I am very sorry for your loss. God knows best

@all
Can you imagine that i called my stock broker to find out if he had sold the shares i wanted to sell and he told me that i didn't have any money in my account. I was kind of confused at first until i realised that he thought i wanted to buy instead of sell. Imagine buying mbenefit at 5naira and intercontinental at 40 naira,  tongue

I just hope i am not selling mbenefit too low at 5 naira because i saw that the price maxed out yesterday

You guys are funny o CICO, GIGO, RIRO very soon i will hear ZIZO(zoom in, zoom out)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.