Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,106 members, 7,849,441 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:41 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (818353 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:08pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ All, and Upward

@All,
Nigerian Stock Exchange has today added 900 million ordinary shares to the number of shares outstanding in favour of First City Monument Bank Plc. (FCMB) following the placement of their GDR.
Hey-y, how is this going to affect the share price.

FO2 you were recommending this stock but it seems like it's not yet time to enter.

900 million shares for banking sector na small volume to worry stock price when people dey list 5 billion, 7 billion or 9 billion.

Boys go don bail out before them list PO shares of about 4.5 billion shares.

Dey watch wetin go happen for FCMB side oh. Even as them list the share, the price still appreciate small.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:18pm On Jan 31, 2008
yodiyokun:

I never buy GTB oooo can you believe it - I changed my mind at the last minute.

BUt lets wait and see

FY is February and they may release the results in March/April and if peeps are thinking what i'm thinking i'm sure they will be stocking up on GTB now!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:30pm On Jan 31, 2008
easimoni:

FCMB never begin. THere are 4.5B shares waiting to be added from the PO (assuming no oversubscription)

This is no longer an assumption its a fact so add another 1.125B shares to that figure which is the max 25% over-subscription they are allowed to keep

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=94398
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 4:31pm On Jan 31, 2008
@  FO2, Easimoni, Pumping777, Wanaj0, Wendy and other guru's

Just want to repeat Dollyp1cute question, what is going on with ABC Transport? I bought the stock just this week for no tangible reason (the little change that was just lying on my account) but to my surprise it has gained about 15% today.

Is there any news at all?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2008
crazyT:

Just want to repeat Dollyp1cute question, what is going on with ABC Transport? I bought the stock just this week for no tangible reason (the little change that was just lying on my account) but to my surprise it has gained about 15% today.

I don't have any news. Always knew they had potential but previous results were disappointing. Maybe someone knows something we don't. Enjoy the loot.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ Crazy T,

bros, no dey ask questions but rejoice and set your exit point because the stock fit enter the gravity forcefield.

15% aint bad. Just need another 5% to hit 20% mark.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mishooo(m): 4:44pm On Jan 31, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Crazy T,

bros, no dey ask questions but rejoice and set your exit point because the stock fit enter the gravity forcefield.

WORD

Bros no wait long ooo. Cos ABC is one kain stock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 4:48pm On Jan 31, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Crazy T,

FO2 dey MIA and "Lil' Guru"  grin advise me to rejoice then that is what am going to do, thanks Ololufemi

@ Easimoni

Thanks for the responce, I'll just chop clean mouth  cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2008
crazyT:

@  FO2, Easimoni, Pumping777, Wanaj0, Wendy and other guru's

I see am not only one on the flight  grin grin grin , me too just had some small change too and went for it.
I know their last result was not spectacular but I think they only have one way to go, I am watching 'em closely with the *candles*

This was na roku share for me, I no borrow bank money so no shakin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:06pm On Jan 31, 2008
@all, just had a chat with my broker and here's the low down (abi na down low? grin):

STACO and Guinea Insurance have joined the train of coys likely coming to raise funds
FAN still on high bid. He was like "doesn't make sense", I was like grin grin grin
Cornerstone on crazy crazy bid -- over 100m units outstanding at the end of trading today . . .
Strong rumors of bonus issue with AG Leventis, but he's not too sure how true
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 5:06pm On Jan 31, 2008
dollyp1cute:

I see am not only one on the flight  grin grin grin , me too just had some small change too and went for it.
I know their last result was not spectacular but I think they only have one way to go, I am watching 'em closely with the *candles*

This was na roku share for me, I no borrow bank money so no shakin

What is Roku share

BTW I didn't know you are on the Flight too I came in late, I was the one that kept you guys longer on the tarmac. They almost removed my luggages but thank God say I enter on time sha!  

I no use credit card for the ticket na cash and carry.  grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 5:13pm On Jan 31, 2008
windywendy:

@all, just had a chat with my broker and here's the low down (abi na down low? grin):

STACO and Guinea Insurance have joined the train of coys likely coming to raise funds
FAN still on high bid. He was like "doesn't make sense", I was like grin grin grin
Cornerstone on crazy crazy bid -- over 100m units outstanding at the end of trading today . . .

Since when did NSE start making sense? NSE is too unique on her own it will make Guru Looks like guguru cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abegi wats your take on ABC Transport?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 5:16pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ RoughtCut, na wa this Costain plane na fire grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:16pm On Jan 31, 2008
crazyT:

Since when did NSE start making sense? NSE is too unique on her own it will make Guru Looks like guguru cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abegi wats your take on ABC Transport?

Hmmm, ABC transport? Don't know too much about those guys o. But it's the same core investors that invested in cornerstone that own the majority share of ABC, so maybe it's one of those so-called 'twins factor' according to no_shaking  smiley. But it's a good company though, and they have some serious expansion going on, even in neighboring west african countries.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Safive: 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ bigjay01

Universal insurance is among the 49 insurance coys that made the list of recapitalization. It is not yet quoted on the floor. The coy just concluded their PP in Nov 2007 and following their prospectus they should be listing 1Q of 2008, though I do not believe them. The PP rate was N0.95 per share but I am aware that some brokers are still doing some shunting in of forms at a premium. From their prospectus the forcast looks good but my interest in participating then was the fact that it is an insuranc coy(purely sentimental). I have info that it will list at about N1.8 which is not bad at all. Following the trends of insurance coys so far I think it should be able to cross N3.0 mark even when all the certificates are available. Thats the little I know about them. For more detailed analysis wait for wanajo,FO2, pumping, W Wendy, easimoni et al
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2008
@easimoni, watch out for the patriots in sunday's superbowl o. Those NY giants are in for the toughest time of their entire lives they ain't seen nathin' yet  angry grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 5:19pm On Jan 31, 2008
crazyT:

@ FO2, Easimoni, Pumping777, Wanaj0, Wendy and other guru's

ABC transport has some money to make commuting passengers to and fro Ghana this football season. Someone is counting on it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2008
windywendy:

The day NSE begins to make sense then i suppose we will need to find another stock exchange to start dealing again!

[list]
[li]ABC transport gaining altitude for no apparent reason[/li]
[li]Okitipupa Oil palm mills now making the rounds[/li]
[li]FANwetin be dat again sef? on high bid[/li]
[/list]

Need i go on? None of these makes sense
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2008
Iwerebor:

ABC transport has some money to make commuting passengers to and fro Ghana this football season. Someone is counting on it.

And by "passengers", you actually mean "casualties"??  smiley  grin because some of my football crazy buddies have been predicting that naija is trashing Ghana in their next game  cool But then, who cares . . .  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2008
Naijadr:

Na helele! The jet propulsion engine is turbo-charged cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:27pm On Jan 31, 2008
windywendy:

And by "passengers", you actually mean "casualties"?? smiley grin because some of my football crazy buddies have been predicting that naija is trashing Ghana in their next game cool But then, who cares . . . cheesy

If that happens that will be good news on the floor of NSE for the whole of next week grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:28pm On Jan 31, 2008
RoughCut:

If that happens that will be good news on the floor of NSE for the whole of next week grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ah! In that case I CARE!!! and very very much too grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ All

Can someone help me with the price list of all stocks from the beginning of January till yesterday?

You can mail it to me at tonyakins at gmail dot com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:31pm On Jan 31, 2008
windywendy:

Ah! In that case I CARE!!! and very very much too grin grin grin

I DON DEY FAST AND PRAY FOR NAIJA O! HOPE SAY THIS ONE NO GO TURN TO HUNGER-STRIKE AT THE END OF THE DAY grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ all
about the FBN elephant,
certs have been released, cscs accounts have been credited with shares from the past po,
there's more sellers than buyers at the moment, hence the price dip, but fundamentally it is as sound as you get,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ess: 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ Frankriri my condolence to u,

Can someone please help with the list of companies and their corresponding quarter or half or FY dates, I know it was posted some while in January but I just cant find it. This thread is becoming a thick forest, too hard to search!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:35pm On Jan 31, 2008
Naijadr:

And the funny thing is peeps are still buying. 10 deals yesterday and 11 today and its being on very strong bid since it came out of TS so this jet get very long MOT at least until FY in March and before the IPO'ers start collecting their 'sabuke' or is it 'pali' ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:35pm On Jan 31, 2008
crazyT:

Can someone help me with the price list of all stocks from the beginning of January till yesterday?

The Aptistock thread has prices up to Jan 23 I think? I'll update the file tomorrow.

windywendy:

@easimoni, watch out for the patriots in sunday's superbowl o. Those NY giants are in for the toughest time of their entire lives they ain't seen nathin' yet  angry grin

We dey watch am together. If Pats no win, no show ya face here on Monday o! Just take the day off.  tongue If they win, I'll be the first to congratulate u. Anyway, na the commercials I wan see pass since the Texans or Colts no make am.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:57pm On Jan 31, 2008
@kpineo and NBA,
Please remember to post the daily stock positions here AS SOON AS IT COMES, just pleading
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 6:01pm On Jan 31, 2008
Temmie10:

@ all
about the FBN elephant,
certs have been released, cscs accounts have been credited with shares from the past po,
there's more sellers than buyers at the moment, hence the price dip, but fundamentally it is as sound as you get,

@Temmie10

Did you get your FBN PO shares in CSCS yet? Anyone got theirs? I got my refund last month but no shares.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 6:01pm On Jan 31, 2008
upward:

@kpineo and NBA,
Please remember to post the daily stock positions here AS SOON AS IT COMES, just pleading
No problem.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2008
for GTB fans

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.