Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,204 members, 7,849,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:37 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (818450 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 1:23am On Feb 01, 2008
@ALL,

If I start to use one stokebroker today, lets say, AIT Securities and I get CSCS number with them and buy some stocks via them. How easily would it be to move all my stocks (portfolio) to another stockbroker say, NTA Invest Securities Ltd without too much yawa?

e no easy bjluv. go to the new house and deal with your new stockbrokers and gradually sell off your stocks from the other brokers you were using if you no say you no fit speak too much grammar
Pumping how u dey?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:47am On Feb 01, 2008
bivins1:

@ALL,

e no easy bjluv. go to the new house and deal with your new stockbrokers and gradually sell off your stocks from the other brokers you were using if you no say you no fit speak too much grammar
Pumping how u dey?

Fine bro. How body dey for your side too?

Na work no gree me circulate as usual. Hopefully I will get a break soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 3:14am On Feb 01, 2008
@ Krussh
I no work for ZSL o, i just dey use their services.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:48am On Feb 01, 2008
yodiyokun:
OPARI!!

Seriously , Seriously, Seriously!!!  as my mcdreamy girls at grey's will say

I honestly did not know you could construct perfect "mama charley" english. lol.       

cheesy cheesy grin grin  Strong woman.

@ ebony9ja

You're right about NASCON. I told one or two people to hold on with theirs because it'll surely perform before that PP.

@ Wendy

Another good point.I remember in early Jan we talked about discussing with your brokers.Ask deep questions.

Then on FCMB. I remember in December when Diamond was N18. I saw posts like.
"  Diamond is good,but i'm not sure about this GDR thing. I'll wait".

" People what do you think of Diamond, how will this GDR affect it?."

I responded that GDR will affect nothin on Diamond. So we can see how far Diamond has gone now. If you bought at N18 in December while some were
worried about GDR, you would have at least been 28% richer two weeks ago and still be 22% richer now.
GDR's effect on GTB last year was much later and minimal. GTB lost ground after the Bonus was credited.
FCMB is still in its safe zone right now.That safe zone for me was N19,but as each day ticks away,its leaving safe zone.

Me i see these ones as tradeable.
CCNN
Air Lafarge= Alias wapco
Oceanic= If you can wait till Q2 announcement
UBA= Also Q2
Air Services= This monopolistic guy.
GTB= Gradually getting late
NBC= Still so cheap
Diamond= With a little more drop to about N21.
7up= As we await Q3.
PHB= Still above TS price, but we fit beg CAPTAIN to open door for Waski-Waja to enter.
DSR= Just entered cheap zone considering the time when still remain.
Last one na that sometin when double barrel shoot yesterday, e go still stand again.Na bonus enter e blood small.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bjluv: 7:51am On Feb 01, 2008
thanks Dis Guy & bivins1, for the advise and thanks all for the magnitude of info here. I throw-way salute! cheesy^

Was thinking stock brokerage is as easy as it is over here.

Anyways, I am planning to be trading via my sister in lagos. That is, she will drop the money on my naija account and I will pay it to the brokers account so that he will get the shares for me. my sis will be getting the funds from me here and paying it to my naija account so no need of the CIC someone was talking about the other time. shey? The funds will be staying in naija until I enter to clear my stuffs grin carrying 10K €€€ about back here with me wont kill the border dogs
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 8:12am On Feb 01, 2008
@babaof2.

E be like say I need your help gan and you jus dey ignore all my messages.

Bank share loan cannot buy most of the shares you listed.

What 2 solid stocks do you think I can invest 2m in for moderate - max returns?

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 8:20am On Feb 01, 2008
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE LINK TO WANAJ0'S SPREADSHEET.

PLEASE I NEED THE LINK/FILE.

THANKS
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 9:35am On Feb 01, 2008
ty_ademolu:

@babaof2.

E be like say I need your help gan and you jus dey ignore all my messages.

Bank share loan cannot buy most of the shares you listed.

What 2 solid stocks do you think I can invest 2m in for moderate - max returns?

Sorry i missed earlier messages.

Which stocks are listed on the bank share loan.?.

List them,make we see.There's always a list.
The unfortunate thing sometimes is that some of their stocks go dey so high or na stock wen no dey cyclical and them want you to stay there for long long make your interest plenty small.
Just put up d list.Good one must dey inside.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 11:20am On Feb 01, 2008
@Father of 2,

Is NASCON planning a PP soon. Simon Peter awaits your answer, u know say that stock don almost give person hypertension,  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by otokx(m): 12:05pm On Feb 01, 2008
@WALCOM

please keep us informed of the GTB GDR conversion because I want to convert mine.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:33pm On Feb 01, 2008
Quote from: ebony9ja on Yesterday at 08:59:15 PM
I am actually thinking of getting into Nascon. when am thinking, it means am already in 25%. Dont ask me for fundamentals oh. we all know what the basic indices are on this stock.My hunch on this fell on the side of sentiment and others factors that people may find ridiculous- that is if you are all so technical about stocks, Some of my biggest gains in the market were made as a result of my propensity to follow my hunch. One thing is sure however, it seems it has bottomed out. N15 to N16 is a good stock up price for me, you don't make reasonable gains if you keep going with the masses, You should strive to look into areas where others are not looking or better still - fail to look as a result of fear, At this price, if It gains N3, I can get out smilling.from where i am sitting, Nascon should be able to do that with 3rd qtr result, The ridiculous part, I will say it later.

Oluwa iye --- see this man ooo he has let the cat out of the bag.

Chei I refused to mention this stock today here, I have research am tire and my instincts tell me it is going to be a winner.

Please delete the stock name before peeps see am ojere.

My brother and sister make una yarn, make una speak una mind. Wetin be the koko of this Nascon stock sef.

Anyway, me I don buy am but wetin be the koko as Dbanj yarn.

Oya yarn as Eldee talk am so.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by epetedo(m): 1:05pm On Feb 01, 2008
dangote flour mills will be listed on monday febuary 4th, finally.

yeye people
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 1:12pm On Feb 01, 2008
@EBONY9JA

i need deep cap to buy pls can you forward me your details so i can contact you pls thanx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gonziiii(m): 1:17pm On Feb 01, 2008
My bank wants to raise me 5m to invest in the stock market, guru's plz advice me on the stocks to pick, i will like to put 50% in high dividend bonus giving stocks, 25% in growth stocks and 25% in penny stocks, plz advice me on stocks to pic, i am looking at making 100% in 12 months
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cutebabe: 1:32pm On Feb 01, 2008
gonziiii:

My bank wants to raise me 5m to invest in the stock market, guru's plz advice me on the stocks to pick, i will like to put 50% in high dividend bonus giving stocks, 25% in growth stocks and 25% in penny stocks, plz advice me on stocks to pic, i am looking at making 100% in 12 months

The question of which stock to buy is common on this thread and repeated everyday angry.
Read the last 10 pages even the last 2 pages is enough you will see enough stocks to pick abeg.
And I don't know about stocks to make you 100% in 3months or 6 months, I hope you realise nobody can accurately predict the market.

Sorry if it looks like I am picking on you o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:35pm On Feb 01, 2008
May be one of the  dark horses for '08

Projected PAT N3.32bn, N7.27 bn and N9.10bn in 2008, 2009 and 2010 respectively. Worth mulling over i would say. On my watchlist till after the stock has come off TS. Anybody with the financials please holla! I'm talking about NSL

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=3544
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 1:41pm On Feb 01, 2008
@fatherof2,pumpin,wanajo,roughcut ,invisible and all

how you dey for all your places hope say this wind no dey trouble you for your zone or snow if you dey china!i beg what is your thought on deap cap and ikeja hotel at their current price please and i need to re invest my dangote returned money on penny stocks as they did fantastically well and made great returns (even MADAM NSE TALK AM) !please any suggestions for PENNY STOCKS? i beg no keep me waiting oooooooooooo! your boy wey wait on you!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 1:43pm On Feb 01, 2008
FOr anybody looking for today's prices,

http://www.trw-stockbrokers.com/services.aspx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 1:43pm On Feb 01, 2008
@

AIICO off TS. closed at 3.60 2day
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2008
bigjay01:

@

AIICO off TS. closed at 3.60 2day
I wan show my hand o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2008
Suspension on AIICO, and its on his way to "space".

No one seems to notice Nig-German here !!, fallen really low recently,

Any idea when Crusader is coming to the market sef, I need to know sharp sharp, ?/

FatherOf 2, I'm keeping an eye on Eternal, this NSE sef , sentiment is KING, grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:50pm On Feb 01, 2008
Costain is still playing a blinder! That is a home run slam-dunk
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 1:51pm On Feb 01, 2008
any chance of catching this shuttle train called AIICO embarassed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 1:54pm On Feb 01, 2008
CUTIX  bites the dust,half yr unaudited result.( 31 oct. 2007)

pbt            2007              2006         change          %change

0.101            0.107         -0.006            -5.61

pat          0.066             0.070         -0.004            -5.71
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 2:02pm On Feb 01, 2008
Seems like we are finally off to "space", I mean all on board WAPCO jet cool, check out the percentage gain- 4.29, and the momentum, consider the day's high and low price. FO2 hope you are around the cockpit?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:07pm On Feb 01, 2008
hbrednic:

CUTIX  bites the dust,half yr unaudited result.( 31 oct. 2007)

pbt            2007              2006         change          %change

0.101            0.107         -0.006            -5.61

pat          0.066             0.070         -0.004            -5.71

have no fear, sure to rise out of the ashes, watch this space!

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Etin(f): 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2008
@Frankiriri

I am really sorry to hear of your lost. I pray that God would embrace you in his love that passes all understanding and that you and your family would experience his healing balm in your Spirit, Soul and Bodies. Amen
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2008
that dangote man na yeye man! he returned 846,946 naira out of  945,000,!345k out of 450k  and 250k out of 1.5million! what is d formular for that?

BULLLLLLLLLL SHIT!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 2:16pm On Feb 01, 2008
Na wa o Mbeneefit is not sitting down o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 2:17pm On Feb 01, 2008
aktopgun:

as for me and my house,nothing concern us with cutix for now.
untill they get a new oxgen,it remains a no go area.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 2:28pm On Feb 01, 2008
@Windywendy or Easimoni,

Do you know who are the competitors of ABC are?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:30pm On Feb 01, 2008
hbrednic:

as for me and my house,nothing concern us with cutix for now.
untill they get a new oxgen,it remains a no go area.

fair enough.

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.