Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,100 members, 7,849,433 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:30 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (818352 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2008
The speed at which BOC and UNIC dey move is too dangerous!!! Na autopilot we dey? Na no brake no jam OOO. If no be say na me be co pilot and that na from Economy I move go cockpit I go dey fear!!!. Any way make we balance well well as we move to higher altitude to avoid the storm.

Cabin crew, take your seat and get ready for landing (well that is still a long time away so enjoy the trip while it last)

For those just joining, have a smooth ride.

For FBN, no shaking. PO, Rights and co just credited. There will be sellers. Opportunity for people to go onboard. Please note that this na LONG HAUL flight. No stop overs.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2008
yodiyokun:

for GTB fans

You still dey talk of half year when 9 months result don come out Na Full year remain.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:27pm On Jan 31, 2008
Cool down nahhh, this contains more information----

Na waooo you too don jump to autopilot plans - take am easy oo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tj4ever(m): 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2008
hI ALL, Got 2m to invest on the market. Advice from gurus needed urgently
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 6:29pm On Jan 31, 2008
yodiyokun:

for GTB fans

did anyone see page 47 where the highest paid director (Aderinokun I presume) made N51 million for half year?  Are Nigerian Bank MDs making $1million per year now? shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 6:32pm On Jan 31, 2008
windywendy:

Ah! In that case I CARE!!! and very very much too grin grin grin

Ok @ Windywendy, I have been  holding my peace since, not to be a butt kisser but you know I got to hand it to you, you are the woman, forget the bombers and suicide wharever. Me likes to read your post ok Wanjao na my man too and FO2 (although I don't really CICO, RRORO, ZIZO), no liver

Wendy, for someone not on ground, how in the name of NSE do you get your info?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:34pm On Jan 31, 2008
RoughCut:

And the funny thing is peeps are still buying. 10 deals yesterday and 11 today and its being on very strong bid since it came out of TS so this jet get very long MOT at least until FY in March and before the IPO'ers start collecting their 'sabuke' or is it 'pali' ?

I know o, I think its just the sentiment, cause folks see it rising and want to rush on board not caring for price. Me i'm just resting heavy, looks like this thing might defy gravity by march. I was hoping for 25% post TS, but 100% by march would be great shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:36pm On Jan 31, 2008
UBA stock bid daily position for Jan 31

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2008
wanaj0:

The speed at which BOC and UNIC dey move is too dangerous!!! Na autopilot we dey? Na no brake no jam OOO. If no be say na me be co pilot and that na from Economy I move go cockpit I go dey fear!!!. Any way make we balance well well as we move to higher altitude to avoid the storm.

Cabin crew, take your seat and get ready for landing (well that is still a long time away so enjoy the trip while it last)

keep moving sir, i dey enjoy the UNIC trip no be small
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2008
yodiyokun:

Cool down nahhh, this contains more information----

Na waooo you too don jump to autopilot plans - take am easy oo

Yes ma. I read am and na 6months audited report or is there something else apart from that? Abeg help me OOO. That na di only thing wey man pickin dey see.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 8:06pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ Fatherof2, Wanaj0, Windywendy, easimoni and all sorry if I no mention your name, I never chop ni

I am in the process of procuring a 2m loan from firstbank, and Im looking at investing for the medium to long term.

This is my first loan so I dont necessarily need to be agressive. Im jus lookin at between 300 - 500% appreciation hehehe

Na joke o! 50% is OK

Im still thinking about FCMB for now. but I would appreciate it if you tell me what you think

I jus want to put it into just about 2 shares that could rock wonders for me e be like say bank talk say I no fit trade with the money, I go jus buy am leave am there until I dissolve the loan ni o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ebony9ja(m): 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2008
Hope some of us -- managed to buy UTC some two weeks ago. I know it was mentioned on this thread, This one is another fire, I hope we are many that on board this flight, Hmm as usual, am getting out of Deap next week, 1 for 2 Bonus nothwithstanding. Seriously if any nairalander is interested. let me know. I have yatchload of the stocks, This gain don pass armed robbers own. still counting,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:23pm On Jan 31, 2008
ebony9ja:

Hope some of us -- managed to buy UTC some two weeks ago. I know it was mentioned on this thread, This one is another fire, I hope we are many that on board this flight, Hmm as usual, am getting out of Deap next week, 1 for 2 Bonus nothwithstanding. Seriously if any nairalander is interested. let me know. I have yatchload of the stocks, This gain don pass armed robbers own. still counting,

Lucky you oo O.P.E

ty_ademolu:

@ Fatherof2, Wanaj0, Windywendy, easimoni and all sorry if I no mention your name, I never chop ni

I am in the process of procuring a 2m loan from firstbank, and I'm looking at investing for the medium to long term.

This is my first loan so I don't necessarily need to be agressive. I'm jus lookin at between 300 - 500% appreciation hehehe

Na joke o! 50% is OK

I'm still thinking about FCMB for now. but I would appreciate it if you tell me what you think

I jus want to put it into just about 2 shares that could rock wonders for me e be like say bank talk say I no fit trade with the money, I go jus buy am leave am there until I dissolve the loan ni o

You might wait for FCMB listing be4 going in, .

@pumping, I sent you an email
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 8:32pm On Jan 31, 2008
ebony9ja:

Omo I enter that deap flight o. but na only 50k I carry (very small quantity) even though Im smiling to the banks, na only nylon bag I dey carry. I SUPPOSE DEY CARRY BULLION VAN.

@fatherof2.

What stocks would you recommend I get into, medium term on a bank loan.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 8:58pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ebony9ja, I am surprised nobody has mentioned the UTC magic rise, I got in at 4.38, very heavy baggage. Now am staring at a 22% rise in 8 days.

I think I will jump out tomorrow, got other plans for early next week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ebony9ja(m): 8:59pm On Jan 31, 2008
I am actually thinking of getting into Nascon. when am thinking, it means am already in 25%. Dont ask me for fundamentals oh. we all know what the basic indices are on this stock.My hunch on this fell on the side of sentiment and others factors that pple may find ridiculous- that is if you are all so technical about stocks,  Some of my biggest gains in the market were made as a result of my propensity to follow my hunch.  One thing is sure however, it seems it has bottomed out. N15 to N16 is a good stock up price for me, you dont make reasonable gains if you keep going with the masses, You should strive to look into areas where others are not looking or better still - fail to look as a result of fear, At this price, if It gains N3, I can get out smilling.from where i am sitting, Nascon should be able to do that with 3rd qtr result, The ridiculous part, I will say it later.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2008
it will certainly not predict the NSE any day, look at FBN with a very good result just announced, did a one day rise and fell the very next day?

There used to be a time when a good result always guarantees a two weeks sustained bid. But these days, traders has turned everything on its head. Part of the explanation is the uniform calendar for banks. Most market insiders seem to think some banks will delay results till end of this yr.

All the same, let us watch and see.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:33pm On Jan 31, 2008
it will certainly not predict the NSE any day, look at FBN with a very good result just announced, did a one day rise and fell the very next day?

There used to be a time when a good result always guarantees a two weeks sustained bid. But these days, traders has turned everything on its head. Part of the explanation is the uniform calendar for banks. Most market insiders seem to think some banks will delay results till end of this yr.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:45pm On Jan 31, 2008
I had been holding cornerstone for the better part of seven months without breaking even, as it was a planned short term trade I just dumped the ones I have last week and the stock developed wings.

It has been flying since this week, pls dont console me, I brought this on myself.

This trading stocks sef. There are times you will feel the stock is just waiting for you to exit before shooting up to heaven.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:12pm On Jan 31, 2008
invisible!:

I had been holding cornerstone for the better part of seven months without breaking even, as it was a planned short term trade I just dumped the ones I have last week and the stock developed wings.

It has been flying since this week, please don't console me, I brought this on myself.

This trading stocks sef. There are times you will feel the stock is just waiting for you to exit before shooting up to heaven.
i feel ur pain bro cry cry cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 31, 2008
STOCKWATCH: NEIMETH PHARM

30 January 2008
Posted to the web 30 January 2008

Peter Egwuatu

NEIMETH International Pharmaceuticals Plc, a quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) has expanded its production base with the establishment of two subsidiaries, just as it projects a turnover of N10 billion for the group by the year 2010.

The Vice President, Human & Corporate Resources, Neimeth International Pharmaceuticals Plc, Alhaji Zak k. Momodu in a chart with Vanguard on Monday disclosed that the company is set to achieve its Vision 2010 by hitting N10 billion turnover by 2010.

According to him " The three products recently launched between November 2007 and now is a pointer that we are set to make good returns to our shareholders.

These products include : Flucosyd, Gyno-tiocosid and Flexodene . Already we have launched Amlovar, the one medicine with five benefits. Our diversification exercise has led to the setting up of two subsidiaries namely : Integrated Services Limited (ISL) and Worldwide Healthcare Limited (WHL)"

While explaining the major functions of the subsidiaries, he said " ISL is a wholly owned company of Neimeth. It is 100 per cent owned by Neimeth while in WHL Neimeth has the controlling shares of 70 per cent. ISL will be doing trading of products like consumables, it will give the company good turnover and profit.

It will bring in health pack, we have got a franchise of Longhorn (Energy drink). We would be bringing in some brand of sadine and we hope to keep importing some essential foods.

For the WHL, it will handle pediatric dose and natural health products . We have some specific health programme with the government. We help the state governments to procure drugs and ensure that the prices are reasonable and are of quality. We started with Cross River and Bauchi has joined. It is meant to reach out with all the primary healthcare sector which we hope is very important."

Continuing, Momodu said " In the next 12 months we hope to add between N1bilion and N1.5billion to our turnover and a profit projection of between N200 million and N300million. The diversification programme gives us a flexibility to play in emerging market or opportunity in healthcare."

Commenting further on the subsidiaries, the Chief Operating Officer, WHL, Mr. Kelechi said " We hope to leverage on the performance of Neimeth and we are looking at N300 million turnover for the current financial year ending March 2008. We also expect a profit of N5 million for the same current year March 2008 .

The operating cost at this beginning is high. Take off cost is also high and there has been couple of backlogs that we inherited from previous management.
Relevant Links
West Africa
Economy, Business and Finance
Company News
Health and Medicine
Manufacturing
Nigeria

But in 2008/9 we are looking at N500 million turnover and a profit of between N10million and N15 million,  We are basically in Anambra State, Lagos, Ibadan and Kaduna.

We hope to spread to other states of the federation in nearer future.

Anambra will serve Enugu, Owerri, and Aba, Lagos and Ibadan will serve the western region of the country while Kaduna will take care of the northern suburb."
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 10:30pm On Jan 31, 2008
ebony9ja:

I am actually thinking of getting into Nascon. when am thinking, it means am already in 25%. Dont ask me for fundamentals oh. we all know what the basic indices are on this stock.My hunch on this fell on the side of sentiment and others factors that people may find ridiculous- that is if you are all so technical about stocks, Some of my biggest gains in the market were made as a result of my propensity to follow my hunch. One thing is sure however, it seems it has bottomed out. N15 to N16 is a good stock up price for me, you don't make reasonable gains if you keep going with the masses, You should strive to look into areas where others are not looking or better still - fail to look as a result of fear, At this price, if It gains N3, I can get out smilling.from where i am sitting, Nascon should be able to do that with 3rd qtr result, The ridiculous part, I will say it later.

Oluwa iye --- see this man ooo he has let the cat out of the bag.

Chei I refused to mention this stock today here, I have research am tire and my instincts tell me it is going to be a winner.

Please delete the stock name b4 peeps see am ojere.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2008
@Invisible - FBN gain wasn't big enough to wow the market (Look at the PE), But, as Oga Wanaj0 mentioned - just get in for the long term. Because when that elephant leaves the station, nothing fit pull am back o,

@ Yodi - no be only you dey look am o, But, liver dey fail sometimes.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 10:41pm On Jan 31, 2008
@Savvy

please,do you work in ZSL?

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:55pm On Jan 31, 2008
PAT of N300M cannot justify the current price of Neimeth. This one na reaaallll long-term o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 11:25pm On Jan 31, 2008
dollyp1cute:

Ok @ Windywendy, I have been  holding my peace since, not to be a butt kisser but you know I got to hand it to you, you are the woman, forget the bombers and suicide wharever. Me likes to read your post ok Wanjao na my man too and FO2 (although I don't really CICO, RRORO, ZIZO), no liver

Wendy, for someone not on ground, how in the name of NSE do you get your info?

hahaha, i'm blushing . . .  cheesy. How do I get my info? I get network na. Research, plus I also chat with my brokers a lot and just generally pique the brains of peeps I think might have info  smiley. If all else fails, I call the company directly -- by the time I blow all that my big big grammar, they're usually quick to transfer me to someone that knows something . . .  grin works all the time grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:32pm On Jan 31, 2008
invisible!:

Well, we should have predicted first Bank's price movement. All the banks that announced very good results do not have anything to show for it so far. UBA, PHB, Oceanic and now FBN. Zenith will soon join them. All these ones are going to be very sweet medium to long term sha. I think Oceanic will be the sweetest of them all. Gernerally, for stocks with prices above N30, it requires real news (like bonus) or solid rumour (like merger) for further northward movement. The stock go just dey go round and round and still dey same same place as Baba 70 talk am.

I have commented on the low nominal price syndrome. See how the insurance stocks have tried to normalize prices. The bank stocks that are moving positively in price are the ones at the lower end that had fair results. Access, FCMB, Guaranty and Diamond. For now, these ones can be sweet all the time. Small news, rumour or interim result can cause movement.

If Unity Bank comes out with a fairly decent result see how much better it will do than all these banks in the short run. Yes, Unity Bank!!.  grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 11:34pm On Jan 31, 2008
ebony9ja:

Hope some of us -- managed to buy UTC some two weeks ago. I know it was mentioned on this thread,  This one is another fire,  I hope we are many that on board this flight,   Hmm as usual,  am getting out of Deap next week,   1 for 2 Bonus nothwithstanding. Seriously if any nairalander is interested. let me know. I have yatchload of the  stocks,  This gain don pass armed robbers own. still counting,

I suggest you get out sooner than later. Those guys have applied to raise additional shares, and here's what I suspect might happen. If the share price keeps rising at the daily maximum, it should hit somewhere like 11.6 by the day before mark down. At mark down the share price would be around 7.6 (bonus of 1for2 plus 13k dividend). Rumor has it that they'll be offering at N6 which is like a 26% discount from mark down price, which is a healthy discount. So it might just pay them to go on suspension right before mark down -- probably the friday or monday before (remember afribank)? And then there'll be massive offers on the dance floor  grin. But then again, this is just my own analysis and things may very well turn out differently  smiley smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 11:57pm On Jan 31, 2008
I think something is cooking with mbenefit
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bjluv: 12:32am On Feb 01, 2008
@ALL,

If I start to use one stokebroker today, lets say, AIT Securities and I get CSCS number with them and buy some stocks via them. How easily would it be to move all my stocks (portfolio) to another stockbroker say, NTA Invest Securities Ltd without too much yawa?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 1:00am On Feb 01, 2008
cheexy:

I think something is cooking with mbenefit

Not surprised, there have been talks of them coming to the market for a while, so a T.S is probably around the corner.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 1:12am On Feb 01, 2008
bjluv:

@ALL,

If I start to use one stokebroker today, lets say, AIT Securities and I get CSCS number with them and buy some stocks via them. How easily would it be to move all my stocks (portfolio) to another stockbroker say, NTA Invest Securities Ltd without too much yawa?

as easy as three to six months+!!! no try am o- no yet anyway, they are all paying lip service to going online, upgrading their facilities plus you are not in nigeria so they can run the rings around you proper!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.