Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,455 members, 7,850,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (818545 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:04pm On Feb 07, 2008
FatherOF2:

GTB don present one of e last chance last week of Jan. E dey repeat that pattern yearly.
Easimoni you go agree on this point. We discuss this GTB issue last December.

100% agree. Still good CICO at 36.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:05pm On Feb 07, 2008
Father of 2

Please explain the IEI drama further oooo.

I am yet to dump my diamond - the thing dey vex me walahi. It just refused to get to 25%, haba. na
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:06pm On Feb 07, 2008
last call for yodiyokun for oceanic flight 101recover to bangkok, last call for yodiyokun for oceanic flight 101recover to bangkok. plane tqaxing off on runway now. no luggage over 100k to be accepted.  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:11pm On Feb 07, 2008
After the Doji pattern on the candlesticks yesterday, it was 50-50 which way oceanic would go but now it has gone positive. RSI Above 50 line and MACD over its reference line (EXP-9).
in my bid to hijack the plane, i couldnt be sure of the oil level sha but the guage dey show 3/4 full.
roughcut abeg u fit go down to the hold to confim the fuel level? in my experience we may have to make the scheduled stop in madrid but i wan avoid that this time if i fit. cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:14pm On Feb 07, 2008
aktopgun:

last call for yodiyokun for oceanic flight 101recover to bangkok, last call for yodiyokun for oceanic flight 101recover to bangkok. plane tqaxing off on runway now. no luggage over 100k to be accepted.  cheesy  cheesy

See this man oo!! tongue

I tell you say I be 007 James bond, na only him dey catch moving plane.

I never sabi that kind stunt - make the oceanic flight take off jare - gravity go soon bring am come down.

Na half year I go take position.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:16pm On Feb 07, 2008
@FatherOf2,
Abeg e get something wey I wan discuss with you, you fit drop me a line, or make I PM (messenger you) My ad na teekachi at yahoo dot com.

I'm enjoying the Oceanic flight too-o, but the way akdopgun is sounding, I'm beginning to fear, if he actually highjacked this craft, I hope he'll take us to the promised land?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2008
@yodi

that na the madid stopover. see u in spain then, will have ur seat ready and waiting.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 5:22pm On Feb 07, 2008
transcorp transcorp transcorp transcorp transcorp [size=13pt]transcorp[/size] [size=14pt]transcorp[/size] [size=15pt]transcorp[/size] [size=16pt]transcorp[/size]

when all man dey fo! i dey accumulate. imagine i started buying at 4.5
me and my papa. all d money wey we get, na transcorp because we kno say 1 day e go wake.
we just dey always pray say Jesu no go come before am.

very much in d green now. make e chop small more may i offload half.

i hope this aint premature ejaculation o!
make them no wipe smile comot my face.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:23pm On Feb 07, 2008
@upward

will show u my pilots licence but if the plane isnt on autopilot by tomorrow i will have had a bad teacher be that!
only kidding, but really i am quite sure oceanic will do well as usual in the medium to long term as u know i am not really keen on fly-by-night shares (even though i struck at night  tongue). I followed my nose ie (analysis) on this one and its a big boeing 22B share jet so it may take a while still for all the air hostesses to serve everyone on the plane.
be patient dear friend, be patient
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 5:26pm On Feb 07, 2008
[size=18pt] grin[/size]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 5:26pm On Feb 07, 2008
@Londoncool, RE: Kiyosaki: In addition to what others said, I believe what Kiyosaki was referring to is akin to taking a company public. I still believe that other things being equal you stand to make the most money this way. It's the only legal way to print your own money worldwide. Issuing shares. Look at the google folks and microsoft. Our own Dangote even seems to be very good at this now on the pretence of sharing wealth with Nigerians. Real Estate is also good. Nigeria is so far behind in housing that that sector will continue boomerang. Btw, how's your project in Calabar?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TheAdmira: 5:29pm On Feb 07, 2008
Fellow NairaLanders,

this happens to be my 1st post. i wish i had come across this thread a year or 2 ago,

any way, my concern right now is that, i made some buy orders (oline using Cashcraft) and up until now after 4days of trading, none has been executed!!! i've spoken to my broker several times and he keeps assuring me that as long as the orders were submitted successfully, there is nothin 2 worry about.
right now the planes are taxiing away, and i still have not bought boarded!! any advise?

thx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:31pm On Feb 07, 2008
@wanajo

nice to know i am on the same air elephant with the great one.

i holla
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igbonla(m): 5:33pm On Feb 07, 2008
lawalidowu:

transcorp transcorp transcorp transcorp transcorp [size=13pt]transcorp[/size] [size=14pt]transcorp[/size] [size=15pt]transcorp[/size] [size=16pt]transcorp[/size]

when all man dey fo! i dey accumulate. imagine i started buying at 4.5
me and my papa. all d money wey we get, na transcorp because we kno say 1 day e go wake.
qw just dey always pray say Jesu no go come before am.

very much in d green now. make e chop small more may i offload half.

i hope this aint premature ejaculation o!
make them no wipe smile comot my face.

hope you get good doctor for better hospital? Just kidding  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:34pm On Feb 07, 2008
there were no sellers for cutix today according to the candlesticks, none at all, only buyers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by flakyy: 5:36pm On Feb 07, 2008
Heleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Some times in 2004/2005, a freind bought shares (IPO) in the then PRUDENT BANK, INTERCITY BANK AND ACB INTERNATIONAL. To date, I am yet to receive my Share Certificates. Non of those bank are alive as at today. They are either in Skye, Unity or ETC. I have wriitten to their new REGISTRARS two times but no even reply. What is happpening? Does it mean I have lost everything?. I was thinking that those who took over those banks took over both Assets and Liabilities.? I have a post office box, I have CSCS account , I have E mail address yet Nothing. Who can advice me on how I can recover at least my Cost of purcahsing the shares.

Thank you
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 5:37pm On Feb 07, 2008
blueband:

Anybody with today's bid price?

Better to hold on some of the insurance stocks.Excess crude oil money that was paid this week would have cleared into contractors hands by next week.Every body for Nigeria wants to invest in shares.NSE no get formula again,it's all about cash.

TRUE RIGHT NOW NSE HAS NO SENSE.

Nobody should ask what should I buy again.

By his grace I will disembark some of my luggage from Oceanic at altititude N40-N45, no shakin I did not borrow money.

Elephant is too big for me now

Meanwhile I need to release some benefits no suspension will hold my CASH.

@Wanjao will holler
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:39pm On Feb 07, 2008
upward:

About my PZ and WAPCO flights, well doing well for now, since we are all bullish. But like you said, the GOOD TIMES will not last forever, so wisdom is required to know when to bail out of one's SHORT DISTANCE FLIGHTS.  However, I've been picking up some UBA, Dangotesugar and Oceanic when they bottomed out (although I bought some UBA at 50+, but still picked up a reasonable chunk at 49). So, like Oga wanajo will say, those are possibly LONG HAUL FLIGHTS for me, but I must also apply FatherOf2 strategy of "taking out your profit and allowing the principal to still be growing" abi FO2

aktopgun:

@upward

will show u my pilots licence but if the plane isnt on autopilot by tomorrow i will have had a bad teacher be that!
only kidding, but really i am quite sure oceanic will do well as usual in the medium to long term as u know i am not really keen on fly-by-night shares (even though i struck at night  tongue). I followed my nose ie (analysis) on this one and its a big boeing 22B share jet so it may take a while still for all the air hostesses to serve everyone on the plane.
be patient dear friend, be patient

@aktopgun,
you can see I said this already yesterday, note the bold prints. I got into Oceanic after I read the handwriting on the wall, but my only worry is that I didn't go close to the cockpit, so I became afraid when you said we were on-board a highjacked plane. However since you have re-assured me, I'll hold my peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:41pm On Feb 07, 2008
upward:

My dear Fatherof2, I really appreciate your effort to make out time to reply all necessary info you feel you have missed out on. It is well, I pray you have more time so we'll keep benefiting from your incisive and somewhat straight to the point posts.

About my PZ and WAPCO flights, well doing well for now, since we are all bullish. But like you said, the GOOD TIMES will not last forever, so wisdom is required to know when to bail out of one's SHORT DISTANCE FLIGHTS.  However, I've been picking up some UBA, Dangotesugar and Oceanic when they bottomed out (although I bought some UBA at 50+, but still picked up a reasonable chunk at 49). So, like Oga wanajo will say, those are possibly LONG HAUL FLIGHTS for me, but I must also apply FatherOf2 strategy of "taking out your profit and allowing the principal to still be growing" abi FO2

@All,
Please, who knows when CSCS accounts will be credited for the Fidelity and AIICO POs Abeg answer me now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 5:43pm On Feb 07, 2008
Please could the esteemed members of this forum share their thoughts on exit strategies? If this has been discussed earlier please point me in the right direction.
I am getting scared the way this NSE bubble is growing O. I no wan lose my paper profits due to inexperience.
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 5:44pm On Feb 07, 2008
Posted by: K2  

@Londoncool
RE: Kiyosaki: In addition to what others said, I believe what Kiyosaki was referring to is akin to taking a company public. I still believe that other things being equal you stand to make the most money this way. It's the only legal way to print your own money worldwide. Issuing shares. Look at the google folks and microsoft. Our own Dangote even seems to be very good at this now on the pretence of sharing wealth with Nigerians. Real Estate is also good. Nigeria is so far behind in housing that that sector will continue boomerang. Btw, how's your project in Calabar?

@K2,

Thanks for your repsonse. My project is on hold after phase 1 stage was executed  as I diverted most of my working capital into the NSE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2008
@Father of 2
Ejected from AIRPHB today, still need confirmation from broker. Which plane dey runway ready for take off.

@ALL
Daily position. Keeping up with this blog is getting difficult oh, embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2008
@aktopgun and all

I just wanted to know your opinion; do you think candlesticks patterns can be applied to the NSE. I believe they can ( and I always prefer to see the stock market in this format) but I was told that a lot of patterns would be suppressed or exaggerated because of the 5% limit. And it seems there are more gaps within the data going from day to day.

Just wanted to know. Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:01pm On Feb 07, 2008
kpineo:

@Father of 2
Ejected from AIRPHB today, still need confirmation from broker. Which plane dey runway ready for take off.

@ALL
Daily position. Keeping up with this blog is getting difficult oh, embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry

Skyebank but its still under wraps in the TS Hangar well that is if you get to buy.  I think they released Q1 results before parking the jet in the Hangar
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by scoped: 6:04pm On Feb 07, 2008
Can someone please look at 7UP, seems to be getting ready for a short haul flight abi make I double my glasses?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:07pm On Feb 07, 2008
stanchuks:

@pumping777
just want to know if getting Transexpress at 6.65 is ok and secondly what do u think should be the exit point for unionhomes
i got both stocks based on your strong recommendation and that of my broker

My exit point for Union Homes is N9.5 and the main reason is that I have somewhere else I need to enter.

My recommendation for Transexpress was for long term. All the same I will consider some profit around N7.90 if it hits it tomorrow or early next week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:11pm On Feb 07, 2008
pumping777:

My exit point for Union Homes is N9.5 and the main reason is that I have somewhere else I need to enter.

My recommendation for Transexpress was for long term. All the same I will consider some profit around N7.90 if it hits it tomorrow or early next week.

How far with your project? have you launched now?

I know you must be very busy, but we miss you for here ke?

Meanwhile - so na both ofus dey look UN homes, well I hope to disembark sometime be4 10naira.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 6:17pm On Feb 07, 2008
pumping777:

My recommendation for Transexpress was for long term. All the same I will consider some profit around N7.90 if it hits it tomorrow or early next week

For where, na first class I buy for this one o so na N12 we dey see next coming week (mark my words).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2008
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZITTSEFW

I uploaded a report on some insurance companies.

Meanwhile this yeye brokers are still carrying Lasaco as 1.4B shares, something dey worry them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 6:32pm On Feb 07, 2008
[b]LondonCool (m)
London, UK

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians
« #14143 on: Today at 04:49:24 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Stanchuks on 26th March 2007

hi guys
   i am actually new in this forum, i actually have a stock broker i deal with and i bearly one month into it, i got to know that if i raise my stock value to 1M naira, i could get a loan of 1M Naira, the conditions are that its for 6 months only and with an interest rate of between 20 - 22%
i'm actually willing to take the risk, because i have borrowed money and capitalised my share value to 1M,
what i really need to know is on what shares can i make at least 50% before the end of 6 months, starting from April,
i will need your suggestions so that i can know what moves to take
MIND YOU GUYS I SOLD MY FATHERS LAND JUST BECAUSE OF THIS AND PROMISED TO PAY HIM BACK BY THE YEAR ENDING

THANKS

@Stanchuks,
Long time ! Out of curiosity, were you able to pay back your father from your Stock Investment ?

[/b]

Thanks man  for remembering me, well i have really grown from a baby investor to a semi boy investor, i actually went for a 1.5m margin and spent the whole on Oceanic and just sold last month for 29.5, do the calculation for me sir, small pepper rest there
well i use the thing reinvest for some other thing so by march end i suppose pay back and collect another one

Chairman na wa 4 u ooo, how u take dig this message out, anyway thanks for caring
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 6:34pm On Feb 07, 2008
[b]LondonCool (m)
London, UK

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians
« #14143 on: Today at 04:49:24 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Stanchuks on 26th March 2007

hi guys
   i am actually new in this forum, i actually have a stock broker i deal with and i bearly one month into it, i got to know that if i raise my stock value to 1M naira, i could get a loan of 1M Naira, the conditions are that its for 6 months only and with an interest rate of between 20 - 22%
i'm actually willing to take the risk, because i have borrowed money and capitalised my share value to 1M,
what i really need to know is on what shares can i make at least 50% before the end of 6 months, starting from April,
i will need your suggestions so that i can know what moves to take
MIND YOU GUYS I SOLD MY FATHERS LAND JUST BECAUSE OF THIS AND PROMISED TO PAY HIM BACK BY THE YEAR ENDING

THANKS

@Stanchuks,
Long time ! Out of curiosity, were you able to pay back your father from your Stock Investment ?

[/b]

Thanks man  for remembering me, well i have really grown from a baby investor to a semi boy investor, i actuallywent for a 1.5m margin and spent the whole on Oceanic and just sold last month for 29.5, do the calculation for me sir, small pepper rest for there
well i use the thing reinvest for some other thing so by march end i suppose pay back and collect another one

Chairman na wa 4 ooo, how u take dig this message out, anyway thanks for caring
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 6:37pm On Feb 07, 2008
@Stanchuck - i also remember this message, glad to hear you made it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.