Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815893 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by unleashit(m): 6:39pm On Feb 07, 2008
@ all
Does anybody know about the financial state of tropical oil?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:44pm On Feb 07, 2008
did anyone receive an email from FBN regarding PO? The email came to address I had on my application

subject: Notification of FirstBank Share Application Status

Good day Sir,

Please find below an update on our share offer for your information and further action.

ALLOTMENT

The offer was grossly oversubscribed; hence only applications for up to 10,000 units were fully allotted.

RETURNED MONEY WARRANT

Further to the above, we are in custody of your returned money warrant. You (or an authorised person) can reach the undersigned for collection or advice account number into which the warrant can be lodged on your behalf (please note that we are not authorised to lodge warrants into third party accounts).

INTEREST ON RETURNED MONEY

We are paying interest on returned monies at an annualised rate of 5% for the period starting from September 10, 2007 to November 05, 2007. The interest warrants are being issued by the Registrars and will be dispatched to the address on your application form in due course.

SHARE CERTIFICATE

The Registrars have further confirmed that your share certificate has been dispatched to the address on your application form.

Once again, thank you for investing in FirstBank and do feel free to contact us for further clarification or assistance.

Kind regards,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igbonla(m): 6:48pm On Feb 07, 2008
unleash_it:

@ all
Does anybody know about the financial state of tropical oil?

Oil as in Petroleum or Palm oil? Sofry sofry O. Because it has oil does not mean you should dive in, the water fit get piranhas.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Egavlas(m): 6:59pm On Feb 07, 2008
Please can anyone here give me some info, any info at all on Afprint and Gromac ?

Is it good to buy them at current price?

They are cheap but I dont have info on how they are doing.

pumpin777, Mr Risky, Windy wendy, Crazy T, Anyone?

Please its urgent before I make the buy order 2moro
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Guk: 7:01pm On Feb 07, 2008
My good people, can these be confirmed: Sovereign Trust is processing an offer for subscripton expected to be open towards the end of 1st quarter or beginning of second quarter.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Guk: 7:03pm On Feb 07, 2008
Blessings to you all!!!

Does anyone know whats cooking with GTA Insurance? Are they really planning something?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:07pm On Feb 07, 2008
yodiyokun:

How far with your project? have you launched now?

I know you must be very busy, but we miss you for here ke?

Meanwhile - so na both ofus dey look UN homes, well I hope to disembark sometime be4 10naira.

I miss una and the threads too jare but this work no gree me.

The project is not live yet but we are still on target for our go-live date provided we put in at least 18 hours a day and work all weekends  grin grin grin

Thanks for asking. I hope you're doing alright too.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 7:25pm On Feb 07, 2008
No talk that one ojare - no be armed robber salary and bonus you dey collect for working 70 hour week grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:34pm On Feb 07, 2008
for the short term transexpress fellas (pumping obviously not in this category from his earlier post), downtrends alert for y'all! abandon ship wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by madeonline(m): 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2008
GUK your info on Sovreing Trust is true

Pls what is teh technical or fundaental basis for opting for Transexpress who has soem info on that firm?

Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Enemercy: 7:54pm On Feb 07, 2008
newbee in d house,all hail to the gurus and other members,pls can any of d gurus advise me on vitafoam bought based on the recommendation@ 10.15 and bloody thing wont just move even after end of fy results to add insult to injury we are in a bull run.Fo2, pls advise u were a strong advocate of vitafoam.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2008
SavvyLanre:

@Stanchuck - i also remember this message, glad to hear you made it.

Thanks man, can't remember maybe you were one of the GURU's that advised me
Thanks to you all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2008
Quote from: stanchuks on Today at 08:57:08 AM
@pumping777
just want to know if getting Transexpress at 6.65 is ok and secondly what do u think should be the exit point for unionhomes
i got both stocks based on your strong recommendation and that of my broker

My exit point for Union Homes is N9.5 and the main reason is that I have somewhere else I need to enter.

My recommendation for Transexpress was for long term. All the same I will consider some profit around N7.90 if it hits it tomorrow or early next week.

Thanks for the response, i don't really see Transexpress hiting N7.90 by tomorrow, its being lossing for the past 3days and closed today at N5.89, will see how it goes by next week, but will really like to leave it for 6month, unless the thing skyrockets, NSE dey perform magic sometimes

i beg try dey squeeze out time for us Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2008
madeonline:

GUK your info on Sovreing Trust is true

Please what is the technical or fundaental basis for opting for Transexpress who has soem info on that firm?

Cheers

mADEONLINE, DO U KNOW ANY OTHER INSURANCE COY. GOING ON TECH SUSPENSION SOON?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gudchoice: 9:26pm On Feb 07, 2008
After the Doji pattern on the candlesticks yesterday, it was 50-50 which way oceanic would go but now it has gone positive. RSI Above 50 line and MACD over its reference line (EXP-9).

there were no sellers for cutix today according to the candlesticks, none at all, only buyers

@ TopGun - How can you tell from the charts that there were no buyers, but only sellers? I am yet to understand the exponential readings from charts, similar to what you posted above. What do these figures tell you?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by clickdeoye: 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2008
I respect fatherof2 and pumping777 so much. They are intelligent people. Them too know this level. Please someone advice me where i can put N2m and reap bountifully sooner than soon.

God Bless You
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by clickdeoye: 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2008
Respect fatherof2 and pumping777. Where can i put N2m and reap bountifully.

Please help a brother in need.

Expecting a response please

God Bless

Clicky
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by son5070: 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2008
FCMB PO FROM CSL Stockbrokers Ltd

1,000 - 999,999 (97,433 applicants) - 100% allotted.
1,000,000 - 4,999,999 (266 applicants) - 90% allotted.
5,000,000 - 299,999,999 (112 applicants) - 85% allotted.
300,000,000 - 749,999,999 (3 applicants) - 30.77% allotted.
750,000,000 and above (3 applicants) - 5.20% allotted.

Total allotment = 4,505,797,259 units
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gudchoice: 10:03pm On Feb 07, 2008
@ Debenzd -

These companies are expected to float their Offers soon

NEM Insurance Plc
Crusader Insurance Plc
Unity Bank Plc
Union Homes (REIT)
Custodian & Allied Insurance Plc
Niger Insurance Plc
Linkage Assurance Plc
Standard Alliance Plc
Oasis insurance Plc
Staco insurance Plc
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2008
From the above allocation, FCMB are very very generous. merci boukour abi?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gudchoice: 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2008
son5070:

FCMB PO FROM CSL Stockbrokers Ltd

1,000 - 999,999 (97,433 applicants) - 100% allotted.
1,000,000 - 4,999,999 (266 applicants) - 90% allotted.
5,000,000 - 299,999,999 (112 applicants) - 85% allotted.
300,000,000 - 749,999,999 (3 applicants) - 30.77% allotted.
750,000,000 and above (3 applicants) - 5.20% allotted.

Total allotment = 4,505,797,259 units

Is this true? You mean if I had applied for 1 million units, I would have got it shocked

If this is so, then FCMB was a much better offer than all recent offers put together!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 10:19pm On Feb 07, 2008
Gudchoice:

@ Debenzd -

NEM Insurance Plc
Crusader Insurance Plc
Unity Bank Plc
Union Homes (REIT)
Niger Insurance Plc
Linkage Assurance Plc
Standard Alliance Plc
Oasis insurance Plc
Staco insurance Plc

Thank u Gudchoice. U be beta choice.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2008
Look this people ooo.

FCMB no do anybody favour ke that mean plenty people no subscribe for the offer - thats all.

If they received 400% subscription, they will have returned money like the others !!

So maybe it was just 140% subscribed and they could absorb 25% over subscrition so they returned 15% simple maths.

The only wa for you to get full allocation is for the offer not to be crazily oversubscribed.

Still - no P.O for me, even if them dash me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 10:35pm On Feb 07, 2008
Gudchoice:

@ Debenzd -

NEM Insurance Plc
Crusader Insurance Plc
Unity Bank Plc
Union Homes (REIT)
Niger Insurance Plc
Linkage Assurance Plc
Standard Alliance Plc
Oasis insurance Plc
Staco insurance Plc

you missed out MBENEFIT.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2008
@Father of 2,
buying more nascon tomorrow to average down my loss. will put me at N20 to break even after one day spectacular sale of N22. i just pray dem do bonus cause that is all that can drive up the price. But this dangote na so so dividend e go dey pay. embarassed undecided
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 10:58pm On Feb 07, 2008
@Fatherof2

Can I still enter equity assurance?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by abocana: 11:06pm On Feb 07, 2008
How soon are those insurance companies coming out Feb.,March or April?

Can someone kindly mention good insurance companies among the above list?please.

Thanks guys
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Princesege(m): 11:25pm On Feb 07, 2008
Naijadr:

did anyone receive an email from FBN regarding PO? The email came to address I had on my application

subject: Notification of FirstBank Share Application Status

Good day Sir,

Please find below an update on our share offer for your information and further action.

ALLOTMENT

The offer was grossly oversubscribed; hence only applications for up to 10,000 units were fully allotted.

RETURNED MONEY WARRANT

Further to the above, we are in custody of your returned money warrant. You (or an authorised person) can reach the undersigned for collection or advice account number into which the warrant can be lodged on your behalf (please note that we are not authorised to lodge warrants into third party accounts).

INTEREST ON RETURNED MONEY

We are paying interest on returned monies at an annualised rate of 5% for the period starting from September 10, 2007 to November 05, 2007. The interest warrants are being issued by the Registrars and will be dispatched to the address on your application form in due course.

SHARE CERTIFICATE

The Registrars have further confirmed that your share certificate has been dispatched to the address on your application form.

Once again, thank you for investing in FirstBank and do feel free to contact us for further clarification or assistance.

Kind regards,

I got the same mail today.
When I asked my contact, I am told the certificate is not posted to the address yet.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 11:30pm On Feb 07, 2008
Gudchoice:

@ Debenzd -

NEM Insurance Plc
Crusader Insurance Plc
Unity Bank Plc
Union Homes (REIT)
Niger Insurance Plc
Linkage Assurance Plc
Standard Alliance Plc
Oasis insurance Plc
Staco insurance Plc

Thanks bros, may your clan live long in the land.
If I had had something like this before before Wema went gaga, I wouldn't have been dragged in this rude mud of TS. NEM, out of the door you go tomorrow morning, Wey my broker sef, !!!

God bless you plenti.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:35pm On Feb 07, 2008
clickdeoye:

God Bless

Clicky

Sorry, I've been far from the NSE this week due to work commitments. I don't have any leads. If I pick up any scent over the weekend when I'm free a bit, I will share.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 11:38pm On Feb 07, 2008
4wheel:

Thanks bros, may your clan live long in the land.
If I had had something like this before before Wema went gaga, I wouldn't have been dragged in this rude mud of TS. NEM, out of the door you go tomorrow morning, Wey my broker sef, !!!

God bless you plenti.

Dont you think there is a very likelihood that the price would go northwards post TS?

I think the NSE is very unique in the sense that there are always opportunities knocking on the door.

How would you possible know which stocks to enter now when it seems ALL the stock prices have taken off. shey we suppose start to dey do james bond run after jet?

HAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT THE RESORT SAVINGS AND LOANS PP?

ANY INFO ON IT YET? ANALYSIS PARALYSIS ANYONE?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 11:43pm On Feb 07, 2008
clickdeoye:

God Bless

Clicky

Well I would politely suggest that you read back 20 pages on this thread to catch up, that way you could read peoples analysis and recommendations for stocks to buy this week.

It is difficult to recommend stocks nowadays again, because before you talk am finish, the stock don go up like 50% and it might be too high to enter.

Read up on this thread and try to catch up (na 20 pages I talk o) because the other stocks for other pages fit don skyrocket before you reach here back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.