Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,669 members, 7,862,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:56 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820135 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2008
What we can do is either float a company as it is and get a licensed broker.Or we take over a moribound stockbroking firm.I think taking over a moribound stock broking firm will be easier.We can always employ licensed stockbrokers.Dem full naija wey no get jobs .At the moment I think capital for stockbroking firms is 100 million.From 2009 it becomes 1 billion.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 6:41pm On Feb 13, 2008
blueband:

How easy is it for you to place and cancel orders?

Can someone introduce me to small broker?

I either job online, send text messages with a follow up call(can't afford to risk just a text message) and sometimes email.

Small brokers fit help but u must make sure ur trade alert is in place. Then you also have to keep ur spreadsheet updated regularly.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Daddyzee: 6:48pm On Feb 13, 2008
'LASACO did  181,846,675 in terms of volume in 1 day. Me i fear insurance!'[color=#000099][/color]

Hi Guys,
This is actually my first post to this forum (though I have been secretely benefiting from all your posts.  smiley You guys are great. wink

As to the post on Lasaco, Just watch this.

OPEN      HIGH      LOW         CLOSE          VOLUME
FSDH                   5.18          5.64       5.12        5.12            142,282,350
TRW                     5.38         5.64        5.12       5.24             151,400,519
LEAD CAPITAL      5.18         5.64        5.12       5.37             118,377,023
CPTL ASSETS        5.18         5.64        5.12       5.39             181,846,675            

Quite confusing huh. Guys what do you think?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Napolean: 7:02pm On Feb 13, 2008
[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:08pm On Feb 13, 2008
Napolean:

Insterstwitch na N2 per 50 kobo share.

Bank PHB they will rescale the allotment for us. They have already agreed.

Multi-link is a good one.

I hope you know some people who bought First bank at N33 got millions of units (premium). And some who bought Oceanic last March sold last year. We came is summertime for the offer but no bonus, div ( that would be GREEDY) who go gree that one?

Don't like cold pounded yam. Will check in ant out when I can. When i'm online will try and add my quota, even if off-point.

For now and bank (don't like unity) under N12 will give you good returns. Patience is key.

I am intesreted in Interswitch. Don't have any info. Which issuing house is handling it?

Waiting for multilink and starcomms. That's where the growth is especially if they go to data.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2008
@Napoleon, You be real Napoleon oh. This one na hin Pumpin dey call Chei and Double Chei. Thanks for coming out of the shadows and contributing. It's invaluable. Looking forward to the Multilink, Starcomm and Interswitch info.

@Rev. Wanajo, I almost shed tears from laughter when you said you no sabi speak Japanese, grin

This is a good MasterMind thread.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2008
flourmills going to drop from the looks of it.

@ all

una see as big boys dey yarn, dey comot from the shadows?

Napoleon, invaluable eye opening gist there. may u never come to a waterloo. welcome and dont be a stranger.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2008
this napoleon get money oooo grin
make una fly enter diamond, bad as i bad, 25% ROI, in 2 months.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:56pm On Feb 13, 2008
shigidi, shigidi, shigidi!!!!

nothing. i just like to dey call ur name! cheesy cheesy cheesy

on diamond, wait a day. it will drop further. then carry ur bag, baggages and potmonto enter!! cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:57pm On Feb 13, 2008
Daddyzee:

Hi Guys,
This is actually my first post to this forum (though I have been secretely benefiting from all your posts.  smiley You guys are great. wink
As to the post on Lasaco, Just watch this.
                            OPEN      HIGH      LOW         CLOSE          VOLUME
FSDH                   5.18          5.64       5.12        5.12            142,282,350
TRW                     5.38         5.64        5.12       5.24             151,400,519
LEAD CAPITAL      5.18         5.64        5.12       5.37             118,377,023
CPTL ASSETS        5.18         5.64        5.12       5.39             181,846,675            
Quite confusing huh. Guys what do you think?

SO u are one of the deep pockets eh?
The NSE website reads
NSE                 5.18         5.64        5.12       5.39             181,846,675        

The FSDH spreadsheet by email also has the correct NSE numbers. My advice; wait till ~ 6PM lagos time and get the data from Zenith Sec, NigerianSecurities, the FSDH spreadsheet or the NSE website. All those sources should jive by then and are authentic. Anything that comes out early is work-in-progress.  

shigidi:

this napoleon get money oooo grin
make una fly enter diamond, bad as i bad, 25% ROI, in 2 months.

I concur
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:59pm On Feb 13, 2008
@easi

i holla. wassup man. any gist?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 8:03pm On Feb 13, 2008
Yodi and pumping.

Thank you for answering my question yesterday about blank cscs report. I talked to my broker about it and by the time I checked today, it was no longer blank.
You are the best
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:06pm On Feb 13, 2008
@easimoni: pls what figures do you have as outstanding shares for FCMB and FBN?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 8:15pm On Feb 13, 2008
windywendy:

@easimoni: please what figures do you have as outstanding shares for FCMB and FBN?
FBN=19.752 billion
FCMB=14.045 billion (may need to dbl-check this one, considering their recent allotment details)
FBN only looks good for the long Haul at current price
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:16pm On Feb 13, 2008
gonziiii:

@all,
left FirstAlum yesterday with 150% profit, very impressed with myself, did my first research and it worked out fine, just checked  last years trend and logged in at the right time, could have stayed longer though, because its still making 5% daily but i am scared of losing my profit or having trouble selling as i experienced with my lasaco, gave a sell order and it took 5 days to be executed while the stock was losing rapidly, i'm currently looking at the trendline again to check which stock to log into, it seems they have all left the tarmac, trading in these fundamentaless stocks can be very rewarding in the short run, but u have to be on your toes, can't sleep well at night without seeing the days results and planning your exit, but i'm loving every minute of it, thanks guys for all the help in marginal trading, i see myself being very rich before the end of the year at the rate i'm going,

Good for you! I myself sold today with just a little over 80% profit in less than 3wks. If you had stayed longer, I bet you wouldn't be smiling by now. My broker was telling me on monday that outstanding demand was waning and that's what triggered my sell order yesterday. For short-term trading keeping your finger on the pulse of the market, either thru your broker or anyone else close to the trading floor, is important. Much as I love TA, this system beats all the TA i've ever done as far as short term trades are concerned.  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:19pm On Feb 13, 2008
Temmie10:

FBN=19.752 billion
FCMB=14.045 billion (may need to dbl-check this one, considering their recent allotment details)
FBN only looks good for the long Haul at current price

Temmie10!!!! how you dey? Long time. Where have you been? Counting all that loot sorry cash you made from last year I suppose cheesy

Thanks for the info. I'm not thinking of entering either one for now, just trying to keep my numbers updated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by marco74(m): 8:20pm On Feb 13, 2008
windywendy,nice 2 c u are back.i'm stil keeping ci leasing.its done over 100%.do u think its worth it or should i take profit run?!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 8:22pm On Feb 13, 2008
windywendy and gonzii

Please help a sister trying to make money. Which short term is next. I bought unity as advised. Thanks for all your help.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 8:24pm On Feb 13, 2008
windywendy:

Temmie10!!!! how you dey? Long time. Where have you been? Counting all that loot sorry cash you made from last year I suppose cheesy

Thanks for the info. I'm not thinking of entering either one for now, just trying to keep my numbers updated.
My sista, i have been on ground, tho i could have been more on ground,
its no point still counting last year's loot in febuary, that'll be foolish given the jan/feb we;re having grin grin,
i have some idle cash now {i managed to jet out of FBN just in time  shocked}
do u have any stocks up your sleeve?,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:25pm On Feb 13, 2008
@windywendy

fcmb - 16.03b, including P.O and GDR
FBN - 19.6b, including 7.66b listed in dec 07

source:easimoni's spreadsheet
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:25pm On Feb 13, 2008
windywendy:

@easimoni: please what figures do you have as outstanding shares for FCMB and FBN?

Temmie answered u well on FBN. Re FCMB, he may have (inadvertently ; working the vocab  grin tongue) left out the FCMB GDR of 900M shares. I have FCMB as 14.9B (9.5+4.5+0.9) if the 4.5b PO allotment published here a few days ago is correct.
aktopgun:

@easi
i holla. wassup man. any gist?

Wendy gave me homework with her NIWICABLE/truebond/Odua gist. Dug up #s courtesy of google. Not looking bad at all with major upside.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 8:29pm On Feb 13, 2008
Wow! I left the net for a couple o' hours and you guys have added 5 pages!!

@ all em Gurus
why Aunty Juli dey dance Makossa for floor still?
Any news coming in recently as to that Pharmaceutical coy?

Any fundamental that could prompt someone to invest in GROMMAC?
the TA of the firm seems ok sha?
i asked before and no one answered me!
ABi una don go dey stock am for una store houses? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:30pm On Feb 13, 2008
marco74:

windywendy,nice 2 c u are back.i'm stil keeping ci leasing.its done over 100%.do u think its worth it or should i take profit run?!

Ah Marco74, I remember you well  cheesy. I still dey wait my xmas turkey oh  grin. With regard to CI leasing, I personally think the company is over-valued at the current price. But there's a lot of news about new business they're getting and some internal restructuring they're doing that should improve their margins. There's still room for significant growth with those guys. So if you're in for the long haul (like bros Wanaj0 would say), I'll say hold on. Otherwise you can sell and find some other turnaround company. Niwicable is one of those (I mentioned this in an earlier post).

By the way, did you get UPL as I recommended? You must be smiling your way to the bank by now if you did.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:31pm On Feb 13, 2008
@easi

took a look at niwicable at windy's prompting too. seems a bit late to enter just now but entry point will surely surface soon.

so how juicy are hte numbers looking?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:32pm On Feb 13, 2008
easimoni:

Temmie answered u well on FBN. Re FCMB, he may have (inadvertently ; working the vocab  grin tongue) left out the FCMB GDR of 900M shares. I have FCMB as 14.9B (9.5+4.5+0.9) if the 4.5b PO allotment published here a few days ago is correct.
Wendy gave me homework with her NIWICABLE/truebond/Odua gist. Dug up #s courtesy of google. Not looking bad at all with major upside.

Thanks!

Welcome to the niwicable party . . . You're a tad bit late, but welcome all the same  cheesy. I'm holding this one until it reaches its full potential
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by marco74(m): 8:37pm On Feb 13, 2008
yeah i got upl.sold a substantial part 2 weeks ago at just under 12 naira.i might just wait 4 another month and c how ci leasing plays out.as for niwicable,how much do u recommend i buy it at?it closed at 9.15 today i think?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 8:39pm On Feb 13, 2008
beginner:

windywendy and gonzii

Please help a sister trying to make money. Which short term is next. I bought unity as advised. Thanks for all your help.

when i was playing catching up a couple o' minutes ago i read a post about a guy who was advised on this thread and got his fingers burnt.
I hope i dont sound annoying, but it would be cooler if you learnt the ropes yourself, so that if Nairaland packs up grin grin you can still trade NSE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2008
SCOA and NiwiCable I doubt if you can get to buy, they have already left the busstop and getting on may now be difficult.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:42pm On Feb 13, 2008
aktopgun:

@easi

took a look at niwicable at windy's prompting too. seems a bit late to enter just now but entry point will surely surface soon.

so how juicy are hte numbers looking?

AKT, how's the little one?

There are no juicy numbers, it's a turnaround situation with all the perfect qualities of a turnaround. Great market potential, new board, much more focussed core investor with tentacles in various other businesses including oil and gas and clean, debt-free balance sheet with substantial working capital to jump start operations. I hate to hype stocks, but this is another eterna/costain story in the making. The only big problem I see with these guys however is the competition from imported cables. But all they need is a couple of big ticket contracts to make some dough. With all the activity going on in the housing, telecom and power sector, these guys shouldn't have problems grabbing themselves some of those contracts, esp. since they have govt-connected peeps on the board. I like this scenario!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:46pm On Feb 13, 2008
windywendy:

There are no juicy numbers, it's a turnaround situation with all the perfect qualities of a turnaround. Great market potential, new board, much more focussed core investor with tentacles in various other businesses including oil and gas and clean, debt-free balance sheet with substantial working capital to jump start operations. I hate to hype stocks, but this is another eterna/costain story in the making. The only big problem I see with these guys however is the competition from imported cables. But all they need is a couple of big ticket contracts to make some dough. With all the activity going on in the housing, telecom and power sector, these guys shouldn't have problems grabbing themselves some of those contracts, esp. since they have govt-connected peeps on the board. I like this scenario!

my sister, good looking out. tobechukwu is strong and we are standing on our confession over him.

so on this niwicable, who be the investor?
it looks like its left the boarding gate or am i blowing smoke?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:47pm On Feb 13, 2008
bibiking1:

when i was playing catching up a couple o' minutes ago i read a post about a guy who was advised on this thread and got his fingers burnt.
I hope i don't sound annoying, but it would be cooler if you learnt the ropes yourself, so that if Nairaland packs up grin grin you can still trade NSE

Good advice. Always better to do your own home work! Anyone advising is doing so based on their own view of the market but at the end of the day, take the information and do what you want with it, based on your own homework and convictions.

@bibiking1: So na you dey buy all the Juli wey dey floor abi? My broker couldn't get even 1 unit for me to buy. I heard they recently got some new capital injection, and there were also rumors of a bank wanting to buy a substantial stake in them -- not sure of the bank rumor though, but very sure of the capital injection. Anyway since I haven't been able to get, I might as well broadcast it  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:50pm On Feb 13, 2008
windywendy:

I know you are the turn around expert and all you infor sounds juicy  - google is my friend.

But volume dey for this company? we still fit get to buy? that na the koko!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.