Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,643 members, 7,861,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:13 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820104 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2008
Temmie10:

My sista, i have been on ground, tho i could have been more on ground,
its no point still counting last year's loot in febuary, that'll be foolish given the jan/feb we;re having grin grin,
i have some idle cash now {i managed to jet out of FBN just in time shocked}
do u have any stocks up your sleeve?,

What time frame are you looking at?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:53pm On Feb 13, 2008
yodiyokun:

I know you are the turn around expert and all you infor sounds juicy - google is my friend.

But volume dey for this company? we still fit get to buy? that na the koko!!

Are you talking niwicable? have you looked at the volumes lately? There's volume na. Abi which stock are you referring to?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2008
windywendy:

Are you talking niwicable? have you looked at the volumes lately? There's volume na. Abi which stock are you referring to?

I too lazy check NIgsec right now - ok will check it out.

I doubt my brokers can get an illiquid stock for me as I am at the low end of their food chain angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 8:59pm On Feb 13, 2008
I have a broker that promises to get me SCOA and 1st Inland. tongue I need your advise on how to divide 2M between these two .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by VEGA(m): 9:02pm On Feb 13, 2008
Hi people,
  Anyone one online has a handle on BOCGAS?
I am thinking of entering on CICO this week based on sentiments and a little technical. I am looking at max. two month surjourn and target of >20%
Appreciate if any of you stars has ventured into their space and can give me some advice re go/no-go and timing.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 9:02pm On Feb 13, 2008
windywendy:

I too lazy check NIgsec right now - ok will check it out.

I doubt my brokers can get an illiquid stock for me as I am at the low end of their food chain angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 9:03pm On Feb 13, 2008
windywendy:

AKT, how's the little one?

There are no juicy numbers, it's a turnaround situation with all the perfect qualities of a turnaround. Great market potential, new board, much more focussed core investor with tentacles in various other businesses including oil and gas and clean, debt-free balance sheet with substantial working capital to jump start operations. I hate to hype stocks, but this is another eterna/costain story in the making. The only big problem I see with these guys however is the competition from imported cables. But all they need is a couple of big ticket contracts to make some dough. With all the activity going on in the housing, telecom and power sector, these guys shouldn't have problems grabbing themselves some of those contracts, esp. since they have govt-connected peeps on the board. I like this scenario!

Wendy, thank you soooooooooooooooo much for the AG Leventis.  Even without the Superstore, I am still shopping grin grin grin grin.  I am more or less a medium to long termer, I was just wondering if I could grow with Leventis for the next three or so years.  Could you still confirm the Cummin connection, because I don't mind piling more units even at present price.  Has the story changed??  I can see you online, please answer me before you disappear, and maybe to reappear again, who knows maybe first week of March when Transcorp would have hit N10.  I can hear a whole congregation saying AMEN grin grin grin grin

Yarn me, ojare, QUEEN OF NEWS BEHIND THE NEWS cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:03pm On Feb 13, 2008
marco74:

yeah i got upl.sold a substantial part 2 weeks ago at just under 12 naira.i might just wait 4 another month and c how ci leasing plays out.as for niwicable,how much do u recommend i buy it at?it closed at 9.15 today i think?

Chei, this your question hard o!  Based on my analysis, I put a fair value of N8 on niwicable -- and this is based solely on the projected PAT of 500m which the core investors thinks is achievable. I got all my units at an average price of less than N7.8, and that's including commission. So from my perspective, 9.15 will seem expensive for the short term -- if you're in for CICO. However it might not be a bad idea for the medium term. And if these guys release any interim result that is even a tad bit better than the last one, chances are that the market will over-react and push the price to dizzying heights. I guess all i'm trying to say is: 9.15 ain't all that bad for the medium to long term, but you'll have to make the final call  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 9:12pm On Feb 13, 2008
pumping, windywendy and others using BGL abeg is their online portal working now? My acct is open and I'm funding it so I'm ready to hit the market with that one full force. grin

since all the big men and women are coming out of the woodworks abeg anything for a 3mth or 6mth time frame. I think I'll just leave my BGL acct for trading due to efficiency, and use my UBA for my long term one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Wendy, thank you soooooooooooooooo much for the AG Leventis.  Even without the Superstore, I am still shopping grin grin grin grin.  I am more or less a medium to long termer, I was just wondering if I could grow with Leventis for the next three or so years.  Could you still confirm the Cummin connection, because I don't mind piling more units even at present price.  Has the story changed??  I can see you online, please answer me before you disappear, and maybe to reappear again, who knows maybe first week of March when Transcorp would have hit N10.  I can hear a whole congregation saying AMEN grin grin grin grin

Yarn me, ojare, QUEEN OF NEWS BEHIND THE NEWS cheesy

Na wa for nairaland and titles o! Which one be "queen of news behind the news" again   grin

Anyway the deal with Cummins is still on! Last I heard, Cummins is trying to pick up an equity stake in AG leventis. Not sure how this will affect the valuation -- esp. if more shares are issued to accommodate cummins, but this move at least testifies to the fact that the company is on the right track. Me don commot substantially from AG Leventis, but I still have some small units there sha.

As for Transcorp hitting N10, me no sabi that one o! There's a lot of pent up supply from very angry peeps who bought the PO at N6, and are just waiting to empty their shares on the floor once they break even  cheesy. I been wan do cico for this one last week, but fear no gree me. I went for capoil at 13.2 instead  cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Daddyzee: 9:21pm On Feb 13, 2008
[b][b]
Quote from: Daddyzee on Today at 06:48:16 PM
Hi Guys,
This is actually my first post to this forum (though I have been secretely benefiting from all your posts.   You guys are great.
As to the post on Lasaco, Just watch this.
                             OPEN      HIGH      LOW         CLOSE          VOLUME
FSDH                   5.18          5.64       5.12        5.12            142,282,350
TRW                     5.38         5.64        5.12       5.24             151,400,519
LEAD CAPITAL      5.18         5.64        5.12       5.37             118,377,023
CPTL ASSETS        5.18         5.64        5.12       5.39             181,846,675           
Quite confusing huh. Guys what do you think?

SO u are one of the deep pockets eh?
The NSE website reads
NSE                 5.18         5.64        5.12       5.39             181,846,675       

The FSDH spreadsheet by email also has the correct NSE numbers. My advice; wait till ~ 6PM lagos time and get the data from Zenith Sec, NigerianSecurities, the FSDH spreadsheet or the NSE website. All those sources should jive by then and are authentic. Anything that comes out early is work-in-progress.
[/b]  [color=#000099][/color]

My Brother!!! No pocket is deep enough. We shall get there though wink wink

Thanks for the clarificafication.

Guys, If you entered Lasaco at between 4.03 and 4.15 about two weeks ago, at what point will you realistically come out considering the uncertainties in the Insurance sector.

Also what are your objective thoughts about entering Diamond Bank Tomorrow. I have been not been able to do more than 25% with Diamond Bank in 2months inspite of all the hype. Both of my brokers adviced me to buy more of it.

Aside Diamond bank, any thoughts on where to enter between tomorrow and Friday.

I tried unsucessfully for the past three weeks to get into a few of the private placements. Maybe Lead Capital did not try hard enough. Any one available now?

I also put in a mandate for the past one week for Skye bank on the floor and same story,  not available(Even when IBTC bought a little for me within the same time frame.

So much querries bah smiley smiley smiley
Waiting
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2008
Naijadr:

pumping, windywendy and others using BGL abeg is their online portal working now? My acct is open and I'm funding it so I'm ready to hit the market with that one full force. grin

since all the big men and women are coming out of the woodworks abeg anything for a 3mth or 6mth time frame. I think I'll just leave my BGL acct for trading due to efficiency, and use my UBA for my long term one.

Woodworks? LOL!!!  grin grin makes me think of those little bunnies dasing around  cheesy

BGL has an online portal? Didn't know that! Anyway, I've never used it and wouldn't know if it's working. I send my mandates by email and follow up daily by both phone and email. I use FSDH more for my bigger transactions and they have an online portal.

Stocks for the 3 - 6mth timeframe?? Hmmm, that's the million dollar question innit?  cheesy I'll have to get back to you on that one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 9:28pm On Feb 13, 2008
windywendy:

Na wa for nairaland and titles o! Which one be "queen of news behind the news" again   grin

Anyway the deal with Cummins is still on! Last I heard, Cummins is trying to pick up an equity stake in AG leventis. Not sure how this will affect the valuation -- esp. if more shares are issued to accommodate cummins, but this move at least testifies to the fact that the company is on the right track. Me don commot substantially from AG Leventis, but I still have some small units there sha.

As for Transcorp hitting N10, me no sabi that one o! There's a lot of pent up supply from very angry peeps who bought the PO at N6, and are just waiting to empty their shares on the floor once they break even  cheesy. I been wan do cico for this one last week, but fear no gree me. I went for capoil at 13.2 instead  cheesy cheesy

Thanks sooooooooooooooo much Wendy.  This is exactly what I wanted to hear.  At least before the emergency on the power sector take any meaningful effect, AG Leventis and Cummin go don sell plenty generators.  Even with the emergency, rural Nigeria will still rely heavily on generators.  I go follow them, by this time next year AG Leventis share price go don de begin with 2, or 3,  Na me and dem this year.  

Transcorp offer was at N7.50, once the price gets close I can see an angry army of INVESTORS tearing the price to pieces, even with the BEST NEWS.  We are tired of hype.  My consolation with transcorp has been the hotel (don't know if they even have an accountant there sef!  I don tire).  Thanks.  This niwitchcable abi na niwicable, even at N12, na me and dem grin  One thing with your news is that it is always very reliable!  Thanks for sharing, you will always be remembered.  

Waitooo, Wendy, when will you take a ticket for election in your home country?  No matter the magomago or womagowomago, you must win.  NO TRIBUNAL grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:34pm On Feb 13, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Thanks sooooooooooooooo much Wendy. This is exactly what I wanted to hear. At least before the emergency on the power sector take any meaningful effect, AG Leventis and Cummin go don sell plenty generators. Even with the emergency, rural Nigeria will still rely heavily on generators. I go follow them, by this time next year AG Leventis share price go don de begin with 2, or 3, Na me and them this year.

Transcorp offer was at N7.50, once the price gets close I can see an angry army of INVESTORS tearing the price to pieces, even with the BEST NEWS. We are tired of hype. My consolation with transcorp has been the hotel (don't know if they even have an accountant there sef! I don tire). Thanks. This niwitchcable abi na niwicable, even at N12, na me and them grin One thing with your news is that it is always very reliable! Thanks for sharing, you will always be remembered.

Waitooo, Wendy, when will you take a ticket for election in your home country? No matter the magomago or womagowomago, you must win. NO TRIBUNAL grin grin grin grin

OMG!!! shocked shocked shocked grin grin You too funny. Abeg make them no sack me for office o! which one be womagowomago ? grin grin cheesy I don laff tire.

So the transcorp PO was for N7.5? Which set of people bought at N6 then? Because someone I was speaking with yesterday told me he bought at N6. Abi was that from the floor?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 9:41pm On Feb 13, 2008
windywendy:

Woodworks? LOL!!! grin grin makes me think of those little bunnies dasing around cheesy

BGL has an online portal? Didn't know that! Anyway, I've never used it and wouldn't know if it's working. I send my mandates by email and follow up daily by both phone and email. I use FSDH more for my bigger transactions and they have an online portal.

Stocks for the 3 - 6mth timeframe?? Hmmm, that's the million dollar question innit? cheesy I'll have to get back to you on that one.

oh ok, I'll prob just stick with email/phone cause my broker na my sister grin

I'm thinking of 3 including 1 that folks have revived on this thread lately in past day or so and one 'OIL' like this cheesy abeg I no fit call names before u guys blow the price up the roof!! haha
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by CRonaldo2: 9:47pm On Feb 13, 2008
@Wanajo

I think you should enquire more on the IAA PP. The PP was done @ 70k per 50k share. I have never heard of 2 naira nominal value for share before. Beside, I cant remember if any insurance PP was done at 1 naira nominal value talk less of 2 naira. And for your information, I participated in the PP
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 9:48pm On Feb 13, 2008
windywendy:

OMG!!! shocked shocked shocked grin grin You too funny. Abeg make them no sack me for office o! which one be womagowomago ? grin grin cheesy I don laff tire.

So the transcorp PO was for N7.5? Which set of people bought at N6 then? Because someone I was speaking with yesterday told me he bought at N6. Abi was that from the floor?

It could be from the floor.  There is no price Transcorp has not assumed since it was born.  The pp was done I think at N1, was listed on the floor at N6 or so, climbed to N9.71, came down, went up, stayed for months at N9.71 on TECHNOCRAT SUSPENSION, went down, did small jangolova and then now its on bid grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 9:58pm On Feb 13, 2008
anyone have news on DAAR communications that want to come to the market?

Apart from AIT and the radio station? any other thing going on for them recently? Or have they already done PP in private.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:01pm On Feb 13, 2008
TEMMIE10, I DEY VEX FOR YOU OOOO. U DON DISSAPEAR FINISH.
HOPE UR WORK IS GOOD SHA/ MAKE U NO FORGET US OOOO. AND HOLLA ME FROM TIME TO TIME
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:01pm On Feb 13, 2008
windywendy:

Woodworks? LOL!!!  grin grin makes me think of those little bunnies dasing around  cheesy

Stocks for the 3 - 6mth timeframe?? Hmmm, that's the million dollar question innit?  cheesy I'll have to get back to you on that one.

BGL had an online portal but it's been down since November   Reason was planned upgrade but I no fit guarantee o.

Email alone works for me so far. Calls are only for queries.

The service has been satisfactory. No complaints.

What has been your experience so far?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 10:10pm On Feb 13, 2008
pumping777:

BGL had an online portal but it's been down since November Reason was planned upgrade but I no fit guarantee o.

Email alone works for me so far. Calls are only for queries.

The service has been satisfactory. No complaints.

What has been your experience so far?

So far my experience has been pretty good, I'm quite impressed. The only thing is that once a stock goes on bid, I get the "stock is not available" excuse angry. Anyway, no problem there, it only means i'll have to stay a step ahead.

I see you're the one who swept up all the SCOA huh?? Anyway be careful with those guys oh, I'm not too keen on the fact that they lost a lot of market share. Even with the lucrative agreement they have with GE to market their products in Nigeria, they're not making much headway. From my perspective, that na shortterm stock oh, unless they get a more aggressive management team on board.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:26pm On Feb 13, 2008
Unity Bank on net bid ke
The series of news coming in the last few days tell me an interim result (or even a couple) will be surfacing soon. Quick quick jare.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 10:31pm On Feb 13, 2008
DUNLOP

Heard it from one of the stockbroking firms that Dunlop might take off, that the govt might ban importation of tyres favouring the local producers, but then Dunlop is the only one right now.

Can someone confirm this?
Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 10:49pm On Feb 13, 2008
4wheel:

DUNLOP

Heard it from one of the stockbroking firms that Dunlop might take off, that the govt might ban importation of tyres favouring the local producers, but then Dunlop is the only one right now.

Thanks.

It depends on when you heard the news. If you heard it last week, Im sure the bull run is already complete. but if you just recently heard it, I guess its something worth waiting for.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 10:52pm On Feb 13, 2008
wanaj0:

It is a mistake. Goldlink was listed @ 1.80 but closed yesterday @ 1.89. So it must have gained close to 5% today to close at 1.98.

Na 10m units you want to apply for

Well, I learnt that Investment and Allied Assurance is doing a PP @ 2.10 per N2.00 share. that emans when it is going to be listed, you will get four times the units you applied for. Was able to get some @ 2.10. Now I am thinking of getting more but was told that it is now N2.60. I expect listing in couple of weeks. Anyone know anything about this company? Anyone interested?

Oga wanaj0

Abeg am very much interested ohhh, abeg I no mind the crumbs wey u chop remain. I take God beg u, hook me up 4 all this PPs jazzyjay6789 at hotmail dot com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2008
4wheel:

DUNLOP

Thanks.

Thot the importation of tyres has been banned for a long time now. Or is this a new type of ban? or are they going to be re-inforcing the old ban?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 11:10pm On Feb 13, 2008
@wanajo abeg let us know what u find out about the IAA PP, and what the minimum # of units are, if its still on. Thanks so much
@pumping, and w-wendy, thanks for info, I'll just go with email, broker na my sister so I'm happy about that one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 11:14pm On Feb 13, 2008
Good night guys!
Gotta go sleep
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Egavlas(m): 11:41pm On Feb 13, 2008
yodiyokun:

anyone have news on DAAR communications that want to come to the market?

Apart from AIT and the radio station? any other thing going on for them recently? Or have they already done PP in private.

I believe they basically want to raise money to Finance the DTH TV licence they just got from FG.

No be small money dem dey take dey run such a business. Ask HITV .

If they do as well as DSTV, then it would be a good company to own a slice of.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by charlimess: 11:46pm On Feb 13, 2008
i am interested in the iaa pp,email infos to wb2022002@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:33am On Feb 14, 2008
I do not have a crystal ball like LarryBoy,
Nor do I posess 'news behind the news' like WindyWendy
I cannot blow candles like AktopGun
Nor can I do murabazu like LondonCool

I do not claim to be a CICO guru like F02
Nor do I have daily bid positions like Kpineo
I cannot do on-spot analysis like Pumping
I no dey resolute like Shigidi
I do not lay claim to Stock Marshal fame when we have people like Wanajo
I cannot talk of NSE history with precision like Frankiriri
And who am I to give tutorials like juggernaut Easimoni

I am no 'woman-like-man' where YodiYokun is concerned
Nor  do I have the praisesinging-ability or humor of an Ololufemi
And who am I to buy PPs on listing day like Napoleon

So I decided to go through this thread's history and do a combination of fundamental, sentimental and technical analysis,and come up with a prediction that you can take to the market tomorrow,whether you are a fundamentalist,bomber,or CICOer.

Based on the Hare-Khrishna Candle-light charts below, looking at the convergence of the Kamikaze and the Burakina at the confluence of a Valentine full moon , we observe a bullish run on this thread between Sept 2007 till date, with maximum capitalization reached in January on this thread.

Judging from the MACD-RSI buy and sell signals, I can safely predict that February will be bullish, with pages of posts on this thread exceeding 200 pages in February 2008 alone.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 4:46am On Feb 14, 2008
@Ioma - you no finish the honorary poem----

A great General don arrive - NAPOLEON of NSE

Why was it that he surfaced on the day i was busy to visit Nairaland, my wealth must not to pass me by this year, this is my year of Supernatural growth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.