Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,371 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816747 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 6:05pm On Feb 14, 2008
orisebawo:

Man must learn japanese by force
Trust me, it doesnt take japanese to make money in the market.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2008
@pumping

on ur jibe about diamond, cool down. notice that it closed at its highest price today. look at the volume sold yesterday,about 130m, and today that its supposedly "doors shut", under 50m.

yes diamond is good to enter i never said it wasnt. however, what i did say was if one wants to enter, there is still an opportunity. there were still some sellers willing to sell their diamond today at N20.50, just a little more than yesterday's lowest selling price.

its definitely looking good for them now in terms of entry price, its trying to determine the lowest price possible at which to enter i was referring to.

by the way, i got this from MACD, RSI & candles  grin  grin  tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:20pm On Feb 14, 2008
aktopgun:

by the way, i got this from MACD, RSI & candles grin grin tongue

Candle man, That na your new nickname.

Wetin the candles talk for NASCON,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2008
Finally got SCOA today, this thing hard no be small o! My broker was no 1 on the queue today. Need to get him something sef!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2008
yodiyokun:

Candle man, That na your new nickname.

Wetin the candles talk for NASCON,

Yes o Candleman, in the absence of Larry's crystal ball, wetin the red candles talk for Nascon o?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2008
@yodi

i don shaaarraaappp about candle, or no candle or even japanese for that matter. I am Nigerian.

not helpful apparently  wink  abi?

it shows a rough time today for the buyers and the sellers dominated althought he buyers made a late rally and bid the price up from its low of 19.50. Considering when this has happened, confirmation will come tomorrow if this is indeed a bearish reversal

there are still some sellers about. i will wait and see what tomorrow brings for NASCON
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdbull: 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2008
This thread seems to be the fastest growing in any Nigerian chat forum, meaning interest in the current bull run in the NSE keeps rising. The issue is this: whatever it is that drives price appreciation in the stock market, it is incumbent on us to take full advantage before the bears start coming home, and even when they do, let's take more advantage of the impending bear run which is inevitable. Goodness! People are posting unbelievable figures in earnings, it might even be worth it to take a loan at 30% interest rate.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2008
aktopgun:

@yodi

i don shaaarraaappp about candle, or no candle or even japanese for that matter. I am Nigerian.

not helpful apparently  wink  abi?

it shows a rough time today for the buyers and the sellers dominated althought he buyers made a late rally and bid the price up from its low of 19.50. Considering when this has happened, confirmation will come tomorrow if this is indeed a bearish reversal

there are still some sellers about. i will wait and see what tomorrow brings for NASCON

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2008
loma:

Finally got SCOA today, this thing hard no be small o! My broker was no 1 on the queue today. Need to get him something sef!
@Ioma
who be your broker??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2008
@fistof

See attached for the NSE pricelist for 140208 in excel format. I normally download it from nigerianstockechange.com.

@FO2 and all gurus and gurulets

A beg no let bad tin enter this thread O. May the purported presence of a few silent deep-pockets cause you to withhold your usual generosity. The diversity of experience and perspectives is invaluable. Sure am not alone in hoping we keep it that way. To paraphrase @napolean, the real deep pockets are busy somewhere packaging PPs for the rest of us to buy. wink

Kudos to all the mentors (and aspiring mentors) on this thread.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 6:49pm On Feb 14, 2008
*double post*

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 6:52pm On Feb 14, 2008
Favour08:

@Ioma
who be your broker??

I use Capital Assets
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mishooo(m): 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2008
jandbaby:

*double post*

good thing jandbaby.

i discovered that its people quoting, copying and inserting bulk statements like that of Elder @Napoleon that makes the pages fly. it would also be noteworthy to give us a link instead of copying a whole proshare (no pun intended) e-mail/webpage info for example.Editing your post afterwards is a good thing too because many people do not know they can modify and edit their posts.

Its becoming more of a task now to keep up with this section.
Abeg make them no fire me for work ooo because i wan become rich. grin grin
Thanks all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 7:11pm On Feb 14, 2008
@ father of 2, ur catholic so am i grin.
anyway, no dey code too much, you said three other stocks wey pesin fit hammer from, let a broda no, cos 10% of my folio is in cash.
holla at me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2008
this bull doesnt sem to be touching the banks. do u think this december year end might scare people a bit.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:18pm On Feb 14, 2008
shigidi:

this bull doesnt sem to be touching the banks. do u think this december year end might scare people a bit.

I think the bull is avoiding banks mainly because of the high nominal price (I know, I know Petroleum stocks are even higher) and the "sins" of too many POs last year. The Dec thing is artificial. As for me, I hope it continues; Will CO of some stocks in a few weeks and I hope UBA is still 50- when I'm ready.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 7:38pm On Feb 14, 2008
Re. Napoleon’s

It doesn’t really surprise one bit! I have always said the market is increasingly becoming very notoriously manipulative to the detriments of the general public – the in your face & so what inside dealings, the glaringly 419ish collabo amongst all major players the big boys in the PP/IPO processes toward an engineered  price target via pump & dump tactics etc.

To be candid, this market has two sides – them & us. One needs to be able to think like them to corner the market. Like the old cliché goes – if you can beat them, join think like them. If they are ready to move the market, they do so brutally with ease regardless of the pointers from fundamental and Technical Analysis. See what happened lately with First bank when they wanted to push it to reach the N1tr mark. It was done easily despite its overbloated yodiyokunapology to yodiyokun share float. If they want transcorp to reach the IPO price fast fast, no wahala at all, but they wouldn’t do. Why? They’ve already cashed out. It’s the crowd that suffers or better still after a long price stagnation they go dash us peanut profit so that e no go look as if them dey chop alone. You know say person wey chop alone, go die alone, thus their come & chop tactics!

Nobody cares about the public even the SEC’s recent tactics – ‘medicine after death’ policy of delay certificates/returned monies or the ‘much talked since Sep 07’ House of Reps’s proposed ban on banks’ Pos after 95% of the bank don do two or more rounds each 

The koko like I always said is the understanding behavioural dynamics of this our inefficient market - the repetitive/predictive patterns, the mood swings, the ‘bad news is always good’ sentiments, the contrarian approach, the potential pairing/ibeji/follow follow/turnaround/new blood/tinwa-tinwa sentiments etc.

Someone on the thread calls it SENTIMENTALITY; Remember vividly FO2/Gradaloot Where Gradaloot sef? Abi na im bi Napoleon re. double personality talking about the market's personality with baba ke saying the market is analogous to a woman with all her pedicitive wahalas & naggings please apology to all the ladies on the thread etc..

Aligning your thoughts with them, thinking like them and figuring out their mostly likely actions including latching up pro-actively to any breakouts/price rallies sometimes with your gut feelings backed up by TAs from NigSecurities if u get shaking would go a long way in cornering the market yourself during this bull period. Know some peeps on this thread are already doing that sometimes subconsciously without knowing they are doing so!

Anyway, nuff said! Wishing you all happy and safe investing! And don’t let them chop your money o! ‘Them’ only dey come out to tell you the ‘how’ after they don chop people’s money tire and waiting for the next big hit. BTW, be your own guy esp the newbies and note that any idea/strategy that’s so common place would not give you that big returns except if na olorunsogo kind of of, if you get my drift.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 7:48pm On Feb 14, 2008
@Nairalanders

This breaking news:

SEC probes six firms over alleged shady deals
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has begun investigations into the activities of six companies over allegations of price manipulation and other sharp practices aimed at ripping-off investors. The Commission, in a statement on Thursday signed by Lanre Oloyi of its corporate affairs department, gave the names as African Petroleum Plc (AP); Big Treat Plc; Afroil Plc First Aluminum Plc; Capital Oil Plc; and IPWA Plc. SEC vowed to deal decisively with any operator found culpable of price manipulation or insider dealing. It reminded all operators that insider dealing was a criminal offence in the capital market and urged them to always operate within the confines of the rules to ensure transparency and integrity of the market.
[color=#990000]

Some of our favourite stocks here in Nairaland are affected. Trust my BT will weather the storm.

@Wanajo, K2, All

Not disagreeing with Napolean.
Just stressing the need to have inside track with private placements and not jump into just any ole one.

He certainly sounds convincing as a persn who really admires what we are doing here at Nairaland and wishes to help us along by advising that not all is as seems in stocks and shares.

What he says will be very useful to many.
It is certainly entertaining - like that Monsieur Rogue Trader currently out on bail and could be anywhere. Wonder where Monsieur is now.

Samstone4 cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:53pm On Feb 14, 2008
@ Samstone,
Wow! and thanks for the heads-up. Interesting days ahead.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2008
samstone4:

@Nairalanders

This breaking news:

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has begun investigations into the activities of six companies over allegations of price manipulation and other sharp practices aimed at ripping-off investors. The Commission, in a statement on Thursday signed by Lanre Oloyi of its corporate affairs department, gave the names as African Petroleum Plc (AP); Big Treat Plc; Afroil Plc First Aluminum Plc; Capital Oil Plc; and IPWA Plc. SEC vowed to deal decisively with any operator found culpable of price manipulation or insider dealing. It reminded all operators that insider dealing was a criminal offence in the capital market and urged them to always operate within the confines of the rules to ensure transparency and integrity of the market.
[color=#990000]

Some of our favourite stocks here in Nairaland are affected. Trust my BT will weather the storm.

They should stop blowing their trumpets - na today!, We all know these are not the only stocks guilty of such.
SEC should stop threatening what it cannot carry out - AP ko AP ni, no be dem get the AP.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2008
samstone4:

@Nairalanders

This breaking news:

[color=#990000]

@Wanajo, K2, All

Just stressing the need to have inside track with private placements and not jump into just any ole one.

He certainly sounds convincing as a persn who really admires what we are doing here at Nairaland and wishes to help us along by advising that not all is as seems in stocks and shares.

It is certainly entertaining - like that Monsieur Rogue Trader currently out on bail and could be anywhere. Wonder where Monsieur is now.

Wetin bi the share floats 4 Afrooil & Capoil sef wey dem dey command dat kind turnover 4 market consistently since jan 08 - over 100% YTD profit,   . Haba, na yam  

Re. manipulation, me thinks just a possibility though some directors/major shareholders go sell u their shares when up, then they go buy them of you again when baba bear comes rampaging and so goes the cycle. Have you ever noticed why some shares would show no volume at all for a long while, and all of the sudden, when the price is right for them, you go see volume tire – see Trans Express; Juli; Vono; lately and the cycle begins again.

Have you ever wondered why the best stocks are the ones with no fundamentals at all, huh? Have you ever wondered why it’s so difficult to convert your spreadsheet money to real profit with these shares esp if you have high volume – it took me 3 days to shift just 1m units of Vono with 70% ROI last wk even though it was on high vol. bid thru out.

It’s difficult CICOing fast fast with high volume because them people go chop, the brokers go chop except if they know say you be mungu and they are so sure that the price would rally further. then they would take it off you.   Note all the peeps saying they made 200/300% with these stocks and sold off - I can bet the volume was marginal, huh??

Hey, just my opinion though with these stocks with small share float & huge daily turnover! I'm off now!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 8:17pm On Feb 14, 2008
samstone4:

@Nairalanders

This breaking news:

[color=#990000]

@Wanajo, K2, All

pls do u have any link to the story?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by felo12(m): 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2008

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has begun investigations into the activities of six companies over allegations of price manipulation and other sharp practices aimed at ripping-off investors.

The Commission, in a statement on Thursday signed by Lanre Oloyi of its corporate affairs department, gave the names as
1. African Petroleum Plc (AP);
2. Big Treat Plc;
3. Afroil Plc
4. First Aluminum Plc;
5. Capital Oil Plc; and
6. IPWA Plc.

SEC vowed to deal decisively with any operator found culpable of price manipulation or insider dealing.

It reminded all operators that insider dealing was a criminal offence in the capital market and urged them to always operate within the confines of the rules to ensure transparency and integrity of the market.

DO YOU HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF ANY COMPANY WITH POSSIBLE LINKS TO SUCH PRACTICES? KINDLY WRITE TO OUR INVESTIGATIONS UNIT FOR MORE WORK - news@proshareng.com

Got this from proshare,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 8:23pm On Feb 14, 2008
@Temmie

Not very savvy at this link thing.
It's on the guardian newspaper's site:

www.guardiannewsnigeria.com

Try it.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 8:27pm On Feb 14, 2008
samstone4:

@Temmie

Not very savvy at this link thing.
It's on the guardian newspaper's site:

www.guardiannewsnigeria.com

Try it.

Samstone4 cool cool
thx,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TheAdmira: 8:28pm On Feb 14, 2008
me think that Napoleon, GCON should write a book, of course using a different identity, so all the guilty deep pockets would not come after you.

I became depressed after reading 1st and 2nd epistle of Napoleon to Nairaland. after all the effort one is making to learn the ropes to the extent of dabbling in voodoo-like stuff such candlesticks, graveyard, marobuzo, mc hammer, deathby hangingman, etc; as if this is not enough putting ears on d ground to hear and bcome fundamentalistmand also sentimentalist; i was made 2 realise that truly there re deep pockets controling NSE and leaving crumbs for others to chew.

but thx 2 wanajo/fo2/etc, there's still money 2b made on NSE for us. sooner/later our pockets wud bcom deep as well, and not by sharp practises. i've taken courage. the conclusion of the matter is that, as long as there is money to be made on the floor, money we shall make.

the Admiral
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollarmani: 8:32pm On Feb 14, 2008
SOS. Good day all the gurus.

I paid N2500 to CSCS for the ability to view my cscs account online.

However when i log in . It is just blank. It does not show me anything.

Someone please advise on how i can resolve this. Please, My broker may be messing up my transactions
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2008
I am waiting to see the pump and drop they would do for international breweries.

The way the stock dey go up, e go just be like bigtreat.

Nothin surprises me anymore.

I do not even fill any remorse or regret if I dont get all I asked for.

As long as my money doesnt get tied up in the system
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2008
felo12:

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has begun investigations into the activities of six companies over allegations of price manipulation and other sharp practices aimed at ripping-off investors.

The Commission, in a statement on Thursday signed by Lanre Oloyi of its corporate affairs department, gave the names as
1. African Petroleum Plc (AP);
2. Big Treat Plc;
3. Afroil Plc
4. First Aluminum Plc;
5. Capital Oil Plc; and
6. IPWA Plc.

SEC vowed to deal decisively with any operator found culpable of price manipulation or insider dealing.

It reminded all operators that insider dealing was a criminal offence in the capital market and urged them to always operate within the confines of the rules to ensure transparency and integrity of the market.

hope this wont affect d prices of those shares !!!!!!!!!! i beg MAKE U ADVISE OOOOOOOOO, I GET ALL THE  STOCK AND I JUST BOUGHT AFROIL LAST WEEK FOR 21.56 AND MAY BE I SHOULD SELL I BEG ,
f
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2008
oxfordkid:

HOPE WE DEY SAFE !I BEG IM SCARED OO I NO WANT LOSE ALL MY SPREADSHEET MONEY
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TheAdmira: 8:50pm On Feb 14, 2008
i'm i see clearly? or has someone HACKED NSE website? i clicked on CSCS on the nse page (www.nigerianstockexchange.com) and it leads me to www.cscsnigeria.com!! this looked different from d site i went to some days back. on googling cscs nigeria, i found www.cscsnigerialtd.com which i believe i the real site. is this Phishing? on investigation i discovered that www.kolmic.com is what is being redirected as www.cscsnigeria.com!!!

be careful ooo.

the Admiral
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 8:53pm On Feb 14, 2008
All the gurus in the house

Is Lasaco likely to do share reconstruction?

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.