Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,145 members, 7,863,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:56 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820419 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 14, 2008
po
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 14, 2008
kl
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2008
hacker777:

people, hw is it going to be that some companies are listed for investigation while we all know who and who be culprits. abeg na naija we dey.
make we just dey careful enough to protect our hard earned money.
abeg make nothing do eternal and afroil,  else someone is going to cry.
one love.
scoa seems to be on the move, abeg wetin dey push am?
bye for now

ehn! we don see who dey hack the NSE now! cheesy cheesy cheesy hacker, welcome, join the party!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 14, 2008
@kk
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 9:04pm On Feb 14, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:04pm On Feb 14, 2008
hacker777:

@aktopgun
abeg hacker na freeman o, don't be scared.

crying freeman abi which one?

omo i dey use anti-depressant  grin now jare with all the goings on today
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2008
The Admira:

i'm i see clearly? or has someone HACKED NSE website? i clicked on CSCS on the nse page (www.nigerianstockexchange.com) and it leads me to www.cscsnigeria.com!! this looked different from d site i went to some days back. on googling cscs nigeria, i found www.cscsnigerialtd.com which i believe i the real site. is this Phishing? on investigation i discovered that www.kolmic.com is what is being redirected as www.cscsnigeria.com!!!

be careful ooo.

the Admiral

I knew this was bound to happen soon!
Okay guys!
watch out for the security codes on the CSCS sites,
and be careful how you disperse information on these sites
Its for your own good anyway

felo12:

SEC probes six firms over alleged shady deals

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has begun investigations into the activities of six companies over allegations of price manipulation and other sharp practices aimed at ripping-off investors.

The Commission, in a statement on Thursday signed by Lanre Oloyi of its corporate affairs department, gave the names as
1. African Petroleum Plc (AP);
2. Big Treat Plc;
3. Afroil Plc
4. First Aluminum Plc;
5. Capital Oil Plc; and
6. IPWA Plc.

SEC vowed to deal decisively with any operator found culpable of price manipulation or insider dealing.

It reminded all operators that insider dealing was a criminal offence in the capital market and urged them to always operate within the confines of the rules to ensure transparency and integrity of the market.

DO YOU HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF ANY COMPANY WITH POSSIBLE LINKS TO SUCH PRACTICES? KINDLY WRITE TO OUR INVESTIGATIONS UNIT FOR MORE WORK - news@proshareng.com

Got this from proshare,

Why AFROIL? without im broda eterna?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:10pm On Feb 14, 2008
@yodi

i hope my post didnt confuse you. i just tire for this NSE

absolutely depressing.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:16pm On Feb 14, 2008
RTbriscoe

buying pressure dey for them gaan today o. see volume today. since dec the highest volume sold in one day was just over one million in any one day. today alone na over 2 million units. hmmm, another big boy offloading abi? wink
for the japanese speaking nigerians, na green marubozu e do today, long one. lets see it if it continues
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ernal(m): 9:22pm On Feb 14, 2008
All investors in the Nigerian Capital Market who have not received their share certificates and return/surplus monies in respect of ALL public offers that closed on or before October 31, 2007 are hereby advised to forward their COMPLAINTS in writing to the DIRECTOR-GENERAL, SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION as indicated below:

SEC Offices Nationwide:
1. HEAD OFFICE
272, Samuel Adesujo Ademulegun Street
Central Business District
P. M. B. 315
Garki – Abuja

2. LAGOS ZONAL OFFICE
3, Idejo Street
Opposite ICON House
Off Adeola Odeku Street
Victorial Island, Lagos

3. PORT HARCOURT ZONAL OFFICE
First Bank Building
22/24, Aba/Port Harcourt Road
BA/PORT HARCOURT ROAD
Port Harcourt, Rivers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 9:24pm On Feb 14, 2008
@Shigidi,

I don receive my UBA share certificate oo. Na to verify now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:21pm On Feb 14, 2008
aktopgun:

@pumping

on your jibe about diamond, cool down. notice that it closed at its highest price today. look at the volume sold yesterday,about 130m, and today that its supposedly "doors shut", under 50m.

yes diamond is good to enter i never said it wasnt. however, what i did say was if one wants to enter, there is still an opportunity. there were still some sellers willing to sell their diamond today at N20.50, just a little more than yesterday's lowest selling price.

its definitely looking good for them now in terms of entry price, its trying to determine the lowest price possible at which to enter i was referring to.

by the way, i got this from MACD, RSI & candles  grin  grin  tongue

My guy, I no dey discount your analysis o. Not at all. Nobody fit dey spot on all the time. Dat one na one a lighter note. I no wan make you no give us your analysis again o. Abeg jare. grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:33pm On Feb 14, 2008
pumping777:

My guy, I no dey discount your analysis o. Not at all. Nobody fit dey spot on all the time. Dat one na one a lighter note. I no wan make you no give us your analysis again o. Abeg jare.  grin grin grin

stop my analysis ke? me wey just order my book by morris on candlestick analysis, u wan make i waste money? grin

no not at all. i just dey low today with all this gist both on here and from the NSE. A bit discouraged but i'm sure i'll shake it off. no mind me jo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 10:36pm On Feb 14, 2008
Hello,

I have some money to buy shares and keep for say  1-3 years.

I am in need of help to make good choices.

The lists below are the securities I have been watching:

Crusader

Dunlop

Nestle

Oceanic Bank

Chevron

UTC

REDSTAREX and some others.

I intend to buy before I lay low for some years.

I have noticed that all these listed are in good conditions. They are either trading in huge volume or gaining funds.

Please, kindly advice on possible risks.

I am also having problems with my present broker and I need a better one. I thought about Cashcraft but it seem as if people are complaining about them right now. Please I need a reliable broker.

I will be looking forward to your responses
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:49pm On Feb 14, 2008
aktopgun:

stop my analysis ke? me wey just order my book by morris on candlestick analysis, u wan make i waste money? grin

no not at all. i just dey low today with all this gist both on here and from the NSE. A bit discouraged but i'm sure i'll shake it off. no mind me jo

As I talk earlier today, many things dey happen for NSE but dat one no concern me.

Anyone wey man dey do wey dey bring money,na to continue.  Everybody no fit start for Warren Buffet level.

Don't be discouraged. You've taken TA to a different level where many can relate to.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 10:52pm On Feb 14, 2008
@ Pumping

I am not sure if you received my message earlier today.

I need your help.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:56pm On Feb 14, 2008
nazzyon:

@ Pumping

I am not sure if you received my message earlier today.

I need your help.

Sorry, I never check my check email today. I go check later and get back to you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 11:03pm On Feb 14, 2008
Actually, it is not email it is via YIM
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2008
CHAMS PP

I got a mail today from my broker about the chams PP, here under is piece of the mail

, I am very sorry to tell you this but chams returned the forms we sent, they(chams) said they've realised all the money they wanted before the offer because some groups bought them out so in order to avoid paying interest on un-allotted shares.

I am glad my money was not kept for months before they returned it.
I guess this confirm what Napoleon and Wanaj0 were saying concerning PP's
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2008
@Pumping,

Hello, please has anybody posted the daily stock position (offer and bid) usually by kpineo, or NBA??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:08pm On Feb 14, 2008
nazzyon:

Actually, it is not email it is via YIM

Ok Sir. I don reply every IM wey I get.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:09pm On Feb 14, 2008
upward:

@Pumping,

Hello, please has anybody posted the daily stock position (offer and bid) usually by kpineo, or NBA??

No, I never see anything today. Kpineo and NBA, suspend Valentine small post this thing for us o grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 11:11pm On Feb 14, 2008
pumping777:

No, I never see anything today. Kpineo and NBA, suspend Valentine small post this thing for us o grin grin

grin grin ;Dvery funny, I'm on call-reason I'm posting now, but will soon be off. Have a lovely night rest (if you ever get to sleep wink tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 11:15pm On Feb 14, 2008
pumping777:

Ok Sir. I don reply every IM wey I get.

Thanks a lot. I will check again.

It is related to the post below.

nazzyon:

Hello,

I have some money to buy shares and keep for say 1-3 years.

I am in need of help to make good choices.

The lists below are the securities I have been watching:

Crusader

Dunlop

Nestle

Oceanic Bank

Chevron

UTC

REDSTAREX and some others.

I intend to buy before I lay low for some years.

I have noticed that all these listed are in good conditions. They are either trading in huge volume or gaining funds.

Please, kindly advice on possible risks.

I am also having problems with my present broker and I need a better one. I thought about Cashcraft but it seem as if people are complaining about them right now. Please I need a reliable broker.

I will be looking forward to your responses
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by richieade(m): 11:17pm On Feb 14, 2008
@ pumping,

just to say thx very much for the unhomes tip, I was lucky enough to make 20%!

I just dont understand why people are so surprise that the market maker are the ones making the most money, it happens every where else
around the world so why would it not happen in Naija.

Just thought I would write something.

@Napoleon,

very interesting reading cant wait for the next post!

@topgun,

Abeg continue with ur TA o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:26pm On Feb 14, 2008
richieade:

@ pumping,

just to say thx very much for the unhomes tip, I was lucky enough to make 20%!

I just don't understand why people are so surprise that the market maker are the ones making the most money, it happens every where else
around the world so why would it not happen in Naija.

Just thought I would write something.

@Napoleon, 

very interesting reading can't wait for the next post!

@topgun,

Abeg continue with your TA o!

for sure, for sure man.

on the issue of the market maker, if only it was a market maker it would be understandable. in naija's case, its just some big homies cornering the market u know! holding other investors to ransom. the SEC comes out and try to give palliative treatment otherwise known as medicine after death. lets hope these dry bones can live again
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 11:33pm On Feb 14, 2008
@
nairalanders what do u think will happen to the prices of capoil and afroil et.al tomoro
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by richieade(m): 11:39pm On Feb 14, 2008
aktopgun:

for sure, for sure man.

on the issue of the market maker, if only it was a market maker it would be understandable. in naija's case, its just some big homies cornering the market u know! holding other investors to ransom. the SEC comes out and try to give palliative treatment otherwise known as medicine after death. lets hope these dry bones can live again

I hear u my brother, we just all have to be very careful!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 11:41pm On Feb 14, 2008
@Aktopgun, Like Pumpin said, don't be discouraged jare. It's not a race. Those don't move me anyway. I have seen worse. As long as your system works and pays off. A journey of a thousand miles start from a day.  

@CrazyT. As per CHAMS how late did you submit your form and through whom?  The one I had submitted even though I was toying with the idea for my wife was also returned but mine sailed through(I submitted earlier).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by richieade(m): 11:43pm On Feb 14, 2008
iconbull:

@
nairalanders what do u think will happen to the prices of capoil and afroil et.al tomoro

probably all going down, opportunity to reposition well well, abi tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 11:54pm On Feb 14, 2008
richieade:

I hear u my brother, we just all have to be very careful!!!
@fo2,aktopgun,wanajo and co,

what do i do to my afroil now ? i bought last weeek for 21.56 and i have made 25percent for one week , should i just sell on becos all these yeye investigation na pandemonium dem wan cause for floor tomoro, what can i do now?this people want wipe out my smile oooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 11:57pm On Feb 14, 2008
richieade:

probably all going down, opportunity to reposition well well, abi tongue
i think they will fall for a few weeks
since they were rising based on sentiments
of course except Oga Napo and friends say otherwise!

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.