Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,477 members, 7,861,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:09 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820036 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2008
Ah i don see am finish,

DOUBLE PERSONALITY INDEED DEY HERE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:38pm On Feb 14, 2008
samstone4:

@Nairalanders

Don't get blown away completely by what Napolean is saying - kind and truthful they may be.

Private placements are good but do bear in mind that they are not as well scrutinised by the authorities as IPOs so the risks are that much higher.

Some of us are aware of how long since IGI started their PP - 2006 - they have promised to list this year. Some don't intend to list and don't promise to do so you will have the problem of liquidity.

Also there are now monies being returned regularly.

If you have a strong contact in the issuing house or the company doing the placement it can be a "sure banker". You must have money to tie down for many months or years.

[b][/b][i][/i]Re: Japaul.Any info on the additional rights allotment?

Samstone4 cool cool cool

Why not holding brief for Napoleon, you need to understand the way PP works.

Firtsly, PP is goo for those willing to get locked in for a while. Sometimes they even include clauses preventing you from selling the shares until a certain period. Most often it is meant for selected few. When you see PP being 'advertised' (that's illegal) or being hawked around, then that is not agood PP.

The day IBTC mentioned the Red Star Express PP, that same day those that applied were told that it is no longer available. No way you can go wrong with such PP's.

Those that bought Transcorp at N1.00, the price will have to fall below N0.50 before they can make a loss!!! How feasible is that

You will also see that by virtue of age, there are certain risk he cannot take because he does not have age on his side.

We all are learning anyway!!!

FatherOF2:

Ah i don see am finish,

double pesronality That na serious disorder OOOO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 3:39pm On Feb 14, 2008
FatherOF2:

Ah i don see am finish,

Baba (as Ololufemi would say), stop speaking in tongues.

Words cannot be big to the extent of cutting it with knife (apology to josephat)

Speak out
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2008
wanaj0:

Why not holding brief for Napoleon,

double pesronality That na serious disorder OOOO

AhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2008
@elder Napoleon

That your thesis na Harvard-business school standard. Oga ju!

I think there's only one 7-star hotel  in the whole universe somewhere in Dubai i think.

I go give your thesis the second ******* grin grin grin grin grin

But i dey fear you small o elder Napoleon! How you come get access to the details of  the eminent lawyer wey fill IPO form? Na wa o!

I 'm just slowly digesting the 'gist' of your article i'm a slow digester cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Need to read it a few more times!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2008
eniyanman:

I cannot stop laughing!!! Which one be double personality. 1 person = 2 identities? Why you talk so?

Bros i don see son tin too convincing.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2008
Me too want double-money-making personality o!

This Valentine day, wetin we dey buy o? I mean for NSE, not for those babes o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:48pm On Feb 14, 2008
FatherOF2:

I no trust this place again oh.

I SERIOUSLY SUSPECT THERE IS A DOUBLE PERSONALITY AMONG US.

Make you tell us o!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:49pm On Feb 14, 2008
FatherOF2:

I no trust this place again oh.

I SERIOUSLY SUSPECT THERE IS A DOUBLE PERSONALITY AMONG US.

That na wetin Aktopgun and other psychiatrists on n'land dey call SCHIZOPHRENIA i think i get the spelling right abi? sorry i never consult Oxford dictionary yet grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:50pm On Feb 14, 2008
@ Napolean,

You have mentioned many things in that your post - eye opener indeed.

Very few Nigerians are priviledged to be in your position with deep pockets, but for us babies here we are ready to learn from your wisdom.

Keep it coming!! Very appreciated. Your epistle goes to confirm Wanaj0 yarns all these while.

Indeed there is a lot of corruption in the NSE, but some of us will still maintain our integrity and still make money along the way.

The truth of the matter is that, for us without deep pockets we cannot venture into PP's , it dosent make sense and its not wise.

So for now, we will trade on the floor and be satisfied with our 50% yearly portfolio increase.

FatherOF2:

Ah i don see am finish,

Baba Ibeji,

Talk to moi - wetin you see ooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:52pm On Feb 14, 2008
loma:

Me too want double-money-making personality o!

This Valentine day, wetin we dey buy o? I mean for NSE, not for those babes o!

One personality for PP and another for trading on the floor. I hope say una no go kill person with laughter for this forumseriously laughing my head off here
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:54pm On Feb 14, 2008
RoughCut:

That na wetin Aktopgun and other psychiatrists on n'land dey call SCHIZOPHRENIA i think i get the spelling right abi? sorry i never consult Oxford dictionary yet grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You get the spelling very CORRECT my guy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2008
FatherOF2:

You get the spelling very CORRECT my guy.

Na im be say you don go consult dictionary be dat so wetin you see FO2?wetin you carry? wetin you see?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2008
pumping777:

Make you tell us o!!!

Wetin i see for one page here eh, na only Biro dem fit take write am talk.
Dem no fit type am here.
If you get PO Box, i fit write am send you. SERIOUS.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2008
Plenty of us no get PO box oo, talk am here -- you don start ooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2008
CHIMOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

So uncle napoleon, all the analysis wey i dey do for my stock na complete waste of time abi! chei!
anyway god dey. thanks for the analysis. as i said we wey no get keys to the corridors of power will tanda for the balcony till we break in.

una don dey see the people wey dey run things now? technical ko, fundamental ni  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy.

i go keep trying sha. na wa for this world and this our country sha. nothing dey clean. but them say make we no complain. ta!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2008
yodiyokun:

Plenty of us no get PO box oo, talk am here -- you don start ooo

Even if i get P O Box  i no go fit enter plane go collect the mail for naija ke abi? the waiting list for the gulf-stream wey i order dey as long as my arm grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So what sayest thou FO2?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2008
aktopgun:

CHIMOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

So uncle napoleon, all the analysis wey i dey do for my stock na complete waste of time abi! chei!
anyway god dey. thanks for the analysis. as i said we wey no get keys to the corridors of power will tanda for the balcony till we break in.
una don dey see the people wey dey run things now? technical ko, fundamental ni  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy.

i go keep trying sha. na wa for this world and this our country sha. nothing dey clean. but them say make we no complain. ta!!

I dey your side for that one.

Man must waka before him start to dey run. Eye opener jist but d thing never apply to me for now. Make I dey chase the floor stock wey I go take hammer meet my target for this month  grin grin This na short month o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2008
FatherOF2:

Wetin i see for one page here eh, na only Biro them fit take write am talk.
Dem no fit type am here.
If you get PO Box, i fit write am send you. SERIOUS.

I no get o. Wetin go hard reach to write? Find way now. Even if na to learn Japanese from aktopgun grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2008
@ Napolean

Thanks for such an insiders perspectives, elder's wisdom !!

We go dey learn as we go along, make we no stumble on the points highlighted.

All noted.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:08pm On Feb 14, 2008
eniyanman:

This is serious o. Fo2 make you try talk now otherwise conspiracy theory go begin for Nairaland.

No oh. Na time go TALK and PROVE am.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by endure: 4:08pm On Feb 14, 2008
Mogbe oooo
Or is it Nigeriansecurities dat is messing up?

Unbelievable, in less than 7hrs, I made 97% loss.

How come? Somebody help o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2008
pumping777:

I no get o. Wetin go hard reach to write? Find way now. Even if na to learn Japanese from aktopgun grin grin

I don go get japanese dictionary for that one sef grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 4:11pm On Feb 14, 2008
FatherOF2:

@Fatherof2

Time is a revealer, we'll wait and see cool.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:11pm On Feb 14, 2008
FatherOF2:

The thing be say we no get time so which one FO2?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 4:12pm On Feb 14, 2008
FatherOF2:

I ALWAYS KNEW IT ABACHA STILL DEY ALIVE AND HE IS ON NAIRALAND!!!  shocked

ABI NO BE SO     grin grin grin

FO2 TALK NOW
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:13pm On Feb 14, 2008
endure:

Mogbe oooo
Or is it Nigeriansecurities that is messing up?

Unbelievable, in less than 7hrs, I made 97% loss.

How come? Somebody help o

Make you dey check the daily price list before you check your portfolio. There were some errors but it appears these have been fixed. Portfolio no fit drop past 5% in one day ke.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2008
@fo2 - make you scan d thing send us now. We get some Matlock like people for here wey go prove any theory.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2008
We talk of Diamond yesterday - see how the thing come gain 5% max points today, na wa for you people ooo.

Anyway let this momentum keep on keeping on - make I sell finally!.

The NASCON jet is experiencing slight turbulence, Aktopgun please check your charts to see what lays ahead.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 4:16pm On Feb 14, 2008
@Napoleon, it's very nice for you to put another perspective on things. The good book says that "In multitude of counsels, there's safety". Even though I've read your write up, I have actually printed them out to digest them again. Please tell your daughter to spare you for us o, Btw, any luck on the info about Starcomms, Multilink and Interswitch or other good PPs out there? Thanks

@ Samstone4, To echo what Wanajo, really you must appreciate the effort of Napoleon. First of all, PP is usually for high networth individuals and is only by invitation. It's only in Naija that it's like all comers affair. The high networth folks are not usually in a hurry for return because they'd be reaping bumper harvest. Could you imagine those that bought into Google, Baidu, Microsoft or Walmart PPs? There are levels o. Another level of investor which I've mentioned before is when you take a successful company public. You just get to be minting your own money(by issuing shares) while others are scrambling for it.  Dangote is perfecting this act.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by marco74(m): 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2008
whats happening 2 ci leasing??a few pple siad it was over priced some days back yet its been doing nearly 5% appreciation consistently??is something cooking that we're not aware of??make una yarn o!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2008
Ok. Nobody wan Sell Aiico. Wetin now? Na there una dey work? Make una leave the stock alone jo. Na fly wey no dey hear word dey follow dead body enter grave o  grin grin grin

If you dey sell, I go buy join my own o. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.