Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,912 members, 7,863,153 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:20 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820307 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:23pm On Feb 15, 2008
I talk say Afribank no go get anything to move the price as them don declare Q-3 too early to help the PO. Na different angle them come wan take follow o. This one na him them dey call tangible "rumour".

http://www.nigeriansecurities.com/shownews3.php?url=http://www.businessdayonline.com/investor/4231.html?print

*There are indications that the board of Afribank Nigeria Plc is contemplating a bonus declaration at the end of current financial year*

No be me talk am o!!! I just read am too.

@Roughcut - You fit don follow join the people for this forum wey dey see future o regarding your yarn on Afribank today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2008
pumping777:

I talk say Afribank no go get anything to move the price as them don declare Q-3 too early to help the PO. Na different angle them come wan take follow o. This one na him them dey call tangible "rumour".

http://www.nigeriansecurities.com/shownews3.php?url=http://www.businessdayonline.com/investor/4231.html?print

*There are indications that the board of Afribank Nigeria Plc is contemplating a bonus declaration at the end of current financial year*

No be me talk am o!!! I just read am too.

@Roughcut - You fit don follow join the people for this forum wey dey see future o regarding your yarn on Afribank today.

Even without BigBoy Larry's crystal ball some things can still be done grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2008
As per the pending PP floated by Jubilee Savings and Loans, this is their website http://jubilee-life.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Napolean: 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2008
[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2008
dbenz
I sent a letter to SEC today.
I copied it to FBN MD and First Registrars GM and the branch I bought the shares from.They should be with their copies by today.
I specifically asked SEC to list my case for hearing on an APC.

Hopefully this should move things.If by the end of the month inever hear anything from SEC then na Securities Tribunal I go file my case.Na almost my life savings I take buy FBN shares
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:12pm On Feb 15, 2008
The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) today listed a total of 9,164,340,987 ordinary shares of 50 kobo each of Access Bank Plc.

Hmmm. Still 1.18B shares from the debt-to-equity conversion still to come. That'll make it 17.3B shares.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 7:18pm On Feb 15, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Don't know which gets better result - INSTINCT or TECHNICAL ANALYSIS.  I sent in a buy order to my broker to get me Deap Capital after mark down, but after reading someone here's opinion, it sounded right that I shouldn't go in yet.  So I cancelled the order immediately.  If I had listened to my instincts, I would be counting my gains right now. That aside, everyone makes this mistake.  The guy's reasoning too was rational. It can happen in a bullish season.

@Pumping777, please tell, how much do you know about this Deap Capital.  My knowledge to me is still scanty.  Please holla back as usual.

Getting it is another thing you need to worry about - As ZSL could not get it for me (That was my bid two days after the mark down).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Napolean: 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2008
[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2008
easimoni:

Hmmm. Still 1.18B shares from the debt-to-equity conversion still to come. That'll make it 17.3B shares.

And the bad news is they have already done a share reconstruction
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 7:23pm On Feb 15, 2008
yodiyokun:

I no wan quick talk am -- e look like celestial candle to me too!!!

Aktopgun, this resemble the candle you dey use?

Leave them -

Even for CICO no be 0-3months Fof2 talk.

Na the people whey vex dey sell - no shaking for that stock. If you bought at 16-16.50  cool temper.

No be how I miss out for Dunlop and Cadbury be that , see where them dey now.

That  time I talk say Cadbury don bottom out at 32 , na so so story but because i be small pickin for this thing den I listen,  If I bought then I would have been smiling to the Bank now.

As for me and my house, we no Sell NASCON - na here we go siddon the thing go pick up.

Queen Yodi, you have said it all.  NASCON is a N30 or more stock.  With good 3rd quarter result, it will shoot to N25, and then the rest will be history with the release of the YE result.  For now who wan CICO fit get CICOCELL grin grin  Once the price come down now, I will sure load more. Their N516m profit against a huge loss has told me that I may not need CANDLE to see clearly for this one, even with lantern or matchlight, I don see am finish.  I am growing with NASCON.  I wish more people go vex commot so that the price will come down to N15 sef cheesy  At the end of the day, even if you are watching your weight and you don't wan take SUGAR soak garri, you will still need SALT grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 7:31pm On Feb 15, 2008
chei, this SEC people just had to go and publish scary news about capoil the night before I decided to sell  shocked shocked. Looks like they had me in mind  cheesy grin. Anyway, no shaking.

@Crazy T: did you say Partnership investments is your broker? I just got an email from UBA global markets asking me to participate in a PP for a company called Partnership Investments Co. Ltd. Are these the same as your broker?

@Napolean, your posts are interesting and loaded with information. I like them. Is there any way you can make them shorter? make my eyes no glaze over as I dey read
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 7:42pm On Feb 15, 2008
blueband:

I was just going to ask if anyone had received a trade alert sms today.Just spoke to my broker now and they could not get me one of the most liquid stocks.I tire for brokers.

I tire no be small.Uptill now I am yet to receive my return money for FBN,can you imagine?Headache wan kill me.E b like person go soon find something else do.

My brother brokers fit break personoooo. Anyway no need to give up, since your name na Blueband, just look for the company wen e de produce blueband, buy their stock. Hope de grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2008
@ Frankiriri
long time o! Oga
where you journey go na?
you kon leave us to the mercy of SEC and NSE!!!!

@All
Who dey regulate brokerage firms?
e be like say my broker don dey play mago-mago with my small shares o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2008
Risky,
I been like blueband well well as pickin.
I go find blueband company invest in.no worry!

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 7:48pm On Feb 15, 2008
wanaj0:

RCCG floated a cooperative called Jubilee Cooperative some years ago. Jubilee Life is an ofshoot but RCCG does not own shares there. I think Felix Ohiwerie or so is the Chairman.

Not sure there is going to be preferential allotemnt, if there will be, I will let you know.

Intercontinental is not likely to buy them over. Intercontinetal already has Intercontinental Homes. They did a PP I think early last year and it was like over 700% oversubscribed. That was the first PP that I saw that people did not even get alloted the minimum as stated in the placement document!!! For me, any PP where there is no guarantee of FULL allotement, I don't move near. That's why Resort Savings and Loans is not a big deal for me.

Well, I expect Costain to start a free fall. Except you have a GOOD broker you may not even be able to sell. For those in for the LOng term, ne temporary setback. I expect another upsurge once the allotment result is out. There must be SERIOUS oversubscription!!!

First Bank has cooled off. Will join UBA at the 49.00 - 50.00 range. I however expect First Bank to ahv a surge around April.

BOC is resetting again but I have done thanksgiving with that. From <3.00 to 20.00 is enough except for someone that need deliverance from greed.

Chellarams still dey represent BIG time. No info yet about the old purported offer.

For those in it for the Long Term, start to accumulate May and Baker. 2007 result will not be fantastic. 2008 should however be a good one. Hopefully, the vaccines and food section should be contributing to profit by then.

NEM is still moving up!!! Na wa OOOOO!!!! Men o dey complain sha. Missed the rights @ N0.55

Transcorp is still racing upwards. Na wa for that one OO. Surprisingly, volume is still relatively small.

Anyone get Thomas Wyatt to sell?
Diamond shouldslow down a bit next week. However it is getting ready to move to the 25.00 mark as the interim bus stop. So those that need to enter should do so fast.

What's the deal with Thomas Wyatt? I know they recently did a  placement with Moorehouse management but I think their problem goes beyond just mis-management. Competition from cheaper and better quality products is killing them. Is there something else that you know is in the offing? Abeg let me in on it, as me sef like beta tin  cheesy

As regards costain, i don't see a free fall happening o. There are many waiting to collect once the price drops to some level, me inclusive  cheesy. Anyway, let's wait and see
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 7:49pm On Feb 15, 2008
blueband:

Please what is the capital to open an account with LEAD Capital?Is Zenith Securites good?I need a broker that accepts orders online.

Many brokers receive orders online, to EXECUTE is the main problem, and there lies all the efforts.  I use MBC Securities.  Checkout their website. www.mbcsec.com.  Minimum (Lagos N1m  - Port Harcourt N5m)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2008
WindyWendy,

how ur pickin? Any new coy news?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 7:59pm On Feb 15, 2008
debenzd:

WindyWendy,

how your pickin? Any new coy news?

she dey o thanks!. No coy news.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2008
Men page 490-491 was fun to jack.

pumping777:
@fo2 - He get one insurance wey door crack open yesterday. I guess na one of d ones wey you dey talk.

You go wait to see wetin go happen today or you go try "latch" on today in case the price drops? I bin talk say no insurance for me but this gap wey I see, nobody dey block am sef.

I dey fear TS but I think this one fit drop by next week (If TS catch me before then, na real bad luck be that).

I no see other ones wey you see o. He be like say you dey use goggle sef. Give man small hint now

My brother e fit be oh. If the insurance get letter "o" and letter "n" inside, na e e go be.
Monday fit be the last chance for the insurance oh based on today behaviour.
Some kind N2 still dey to make for all these insurance oh.But their language dey hard to decifer.
I be wan scrape son tin from equity,but e no let.That stock don chop " cocaine"

Back to page 490-491.
Ioma:
Why your candle no talk yesterday?  

I have to order my own candles from India sharp sharp.

@ Ioma,

You wan take laugh kill me with that your CANDLE talk oh. Kai.My wife come dey wonder wetin dey happen.
New vocabulary just dey come up for this place.

@ Yodi,

You just put am right for that NASCON with this below.

yodiyokun:
Leave them -

Even for CICO no be 0-3months Fof2 talk.

Na the people whey vex dey sell - no shaking for that stock. If you bought at 16-16.50  cool temper.

No be how I miss out for Dunlop and Cadbury be that , see where them dey now.

That  time I talk say Cadbury don bottom out at 32 , na so so story but because i be small pickin for this thing den I listen,  If I bought then I would have been smiling to the Bank now.

As for me and my house, we no Sell NASCON - na here we go siddon the thing go pick up.

And the second statement wen follow the bold print," if you buy at N16-N16.50". I call this SAFE ZONE.When you dey SAFE ZONE, you go tell stock, "DO YOU WORST". The stock no go gree do e worst pass that line.

@ SavvyLanre,

You still dey fear for me and Upward and Ololufemi for our Air Larfarge?.
 Na N67 i take buy oh. I miss am for December before. The stock go do prodigal son late December, e don prodigal finish, e come back come house come BEG FOR MONEY.Na 16% profit so far now and rising SURELY.
The other building material CCNN wen go enjoy Air Larfarge windfall still dey rev dey go dey go.E don dey enter N21 plus now. Time don dey go.Na N19 plus e dey hang since oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:04pm On Feb 15, 2008
Napolean:

, Skye is also quite good. Especillay if it can drop slightly after suspension ,

Huh? You mean droping slightly from the current price after suspension? Well, in the words of one of my very good texan buddy, "that ain't never gon happen"  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2008
windywendy:

Huh? You mean droping slightly from the current price after suspension? Well, in the words of one of my very good texan buddy, "that ain't never gon happen"  grin grin

Yeah i feel you on that one! i have been overdosing on that one before it went on TS just like i did with Costain. For a start you can't even get to buy again even with that stock been on TS. Its been on strong bid for as long as i can remember so i'm sharpening my claws for that one!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2008
blueband:

Risky,

@Blueband, the blueband wen you show na oyibo pikin I see there o.  Anyway it is accepted.

Truly, brokers are a recipe for disaster when they are not meeting expectations.  Since November, I have been offloading my portfolio from one broking firm. Three weeks ago when CILeasing was N9.60 I was forced to sell even that it is one stock I so much believe in.  Today CIleasing closed at N13 plus.  For 100,000units I have lost no less than N300,000 in just three weeks.  But is that all?  Do you know that I still have not received my cheque for the sale??  By my last call this evening, she said in her feminine tone "till Thursday next week, you know you are not in Lagos na.  Have a nice weekend" undecided cry. Pay into my account now, no way cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:21pm On Feb 15, 2008
windywendy:

Huh? You mean droping slightly from the current price after suspension? Well, in the words of one of my very good texan buddy, "that ain't never gon happen"  grin grin

You don talk am finish. Some things must rise and never come down. After marking Skye down for bonus, the stock has joined the high fliers after TS.

I read an earlier post in which it was said that every stock in recent times dipped before rising again after TS.

No be so o. See list below wey no gree follow that formula.

1.Costain
2.Aiico
3.Zenith
4.Platinum
5.Japaul

To come ,

1.Skye Bank
2.Ecobank
3.Sterling Bank (Sorry Spring na typo o grin grin)

Stock pass stock o.  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 8:22pm On Feb 15, 2008
quote from yodiyokun
That  time I talk say Cadbury don bottom out at 32 , na so so story but because i be small pickin for this thing den I listen,  If I bought then I would have been smiling to the Bank now.

UNA MUST SELL O!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:23pm On Feb 15, 2008
Mr. Risky:

@Blueband, the blueband when you show na oyibo pikin I see there o.  Anyway it is accepted.

Truly, brokers are a recipe for disaster when they are not meeting expectations.  Since November, I have been offloading my portfolio from one broking firm. Three weeks ago when CILeasing was N9.60 I was forced to sell even that it is one stock I so much believe in.  Today CIleasing closed at N13 plus.  For 100,000units I have lost no less than N300,000 in just three weeks.  But is that all?  Do you know that I still have not received my cheque for the sale??  By my last call this evening, she said in her feminine tone "till Thursday next week, you know you are not in Lagos na.  Have a nice weekend" undecided cry. Pay into my account now, no way cry

Mr. Risky, I no be blueband oh, but I say I must to respond to this your post.

Were you really forced to sell CI Leasing?

Did you really lose N300k?

I think the answer to both questions is NO.  smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:25pm On Feb 15, 2008
blueband:

Risky,

Na how we dey take sabi a_je_bo.  grin grin grin Na pap me chop grow up.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2008
pumping777:

Na how we dey take sabi a_je_bo. grin grin grin Na pap me chop grow up.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 8:39pm On Feb 15, 2008
windywendy:

Mr. Risky, I no be blueband oh, but I say I must to respond to this your post.

Were you really forced to sell CI Leasing?

Did you really lose N300k?

I think the answer to both questions is NO.  smiley

Queen Wendy,  My pain is that I wanted to stay long with that stock and others I have in my portfolio in my account with them.  Since i am running away with my load due to their less than poor performance, I got that accident cheesy cheesy  The stocks I am being "forced" to sell now were not meant for that purpose.  The firm has no website, so they always say "you know we are not online, so we cannot credit your account immediately after sale."  The cheque they gave one of my friends "bounced" pass Super Eagles football.  Hence I am fleeing for my life - for me portfolio of more than 7 figures naira no be small money wink. Well, no for that broking firm sha na I for baptize for this business smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 8:43pm On Feb 15, 2008
I just dream and saw loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong queue of angry investors waiting for TRANSCORP at no.6 junction grin grin grin The queue long reach 10 milokitas abi na kilometres
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:44pm On Feb 15, 2008
@ pumping, You broke thru the 1000 posts barrier and (as my friend Tony Kornheiser would say) "crushed it!" More grease to your elbow, but don't put a doji candlestick near the grease

RoughCut:

Yeah i feel you on that one! i have been overdosing on that one before it went on TS just like i did with Costain. For a start you can't even get to buy again even with that stock been on TS. Its been on strong bid for as long as i can remember so i'm sharpening my claws for that one!

I concur: Skye bank looks like a winner. Can't say that about too many banking stocks now
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 8:53pm On Feb 15, 2008
@Fo2, @AKTopgun and other candle-cians in da house, please give your take on 7UP. Looks like it finally time for it's annual abracadabra or do I need glasses? cool

@Napoolean thanks for today's epistles and looking forward to tomorrow's.

@bibiking1 We no dey sell NASCON! That stock has turned many of us into emergency longterm investors and disciples of wanaj0. The man is good at paying dividend so at the worst we will collect the dividend and wait it out
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 8:57pm On Feb 15, 2008
Mr. Risky:

I just dream and saw loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong queue of angry investors waiting for TRANSCORP at no.6 junction grin grin grin The queue long reach 10 milokitas abi na kilometres

Those are very strategic bus stops o!!!!!!
make e use im sense reach there,
people dey wen dey wait for am

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.