Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,871 members, 7,862,925 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:11 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820282 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:02pm On Feb 15, 2008
easimoni:

@ pumping, You broke through the 1000 posts barrier and (as my friend Tony Kornheiser would say) "crushed it!" More grease to your elbow, but don't put a doji candlestick near the grease

I concur: Skye bank looks like a winner. Can't say that about too many banking stocks now

Thank you many much.

I will make sure aktopgun candle, my elbow and your grease will not meet around the same latitude and longitude.  grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by elemu(m): 9:16pm On Feb 15, 2008
@ People !!

UnityBank don rise 3 days in a row now. Abi make I catch that danfo?, The other once to leave me pass . What do you think?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2008
elemu:

@ People !!

UnityBank  don rise 3 days in a row now.  Abi make I catch that danfo?, The other once to leave me pass . What do you think?

Make you know say another name for danfo, na catch fire! I no supportooo! I am simply not united with it until I see am clear. Any good result coming? If for PO, when are they going on TS?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:25pm On Feb 15, 2008
elemu:

@ People !!

UnityBank don rise 3 days in a row now. Abi make I catch that danfo?, The other once to leave me pass . What do you think?

Quote from: Belewu on February 13, 2008, 11:30 AM

Questions for the gurus in da house:

1. C & I - Bought at 9.39, price closed yesterday at 11.44 - Time to check out or still hold on? I go comot o.
2. Japaul - Bought at 10.61, price closed yesterday at 14.44 - Time to check out or still hold on? For wetin na? For when them announce allocation? . Spreadsheet profit dey pain o.
3. Any info if unity bank would be a good buy? - [b]It was never a good buy but me too follow buy. Na real high risk zone based on good result being announced before PO. Take the risk if you have the heart. If you are entering for the same reason N9 is still okay since you can still make 25% if wetin people think go happen.[/b]
4. Any info on where CAPOIL price is heading?
5. Any idea when share certificates for Dangote Flour are to be expected?

Na CICO i dey

I would appreciate any info on these

Quote from pumping
----------------------------------------
I don answer for d ones wey I sabi small for up.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 9:34pm On Feb 15, 2008
elemu:

@ People !!

hmm na wa o!
people wen dey try that kin tin dey wound o!
that danfo no good at all, all im body don tear finish, e fit spoil your Armani suit!
plus say the transaction rate high i no sure say dem go even wan still give you
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:54pm On Feb 15, 2008
bibiking1:

hmm na wa o!
people when dey try that kin tin dey wound o!
that danfo no good at all, all im body don tear finish, e fit spoil your Armani suit!
plus say the transaction rate high i no sure say them go even wan still give you

No worry. This one na done deal. Unity dey come do PO.  The MD don talk am. No need to guess again. 

Dem go fit sell am for N7 per unit? I no think so.  If they do, how many shares them wan issue to get reasonalble capital? 10B? The price must rise jeje. Slowly buy surely.

The only caution na to avoid TS. Shikena.

Sterling Bank go present the same opportunity. Position if you dey interested.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 10:11pm On Feb 15, 2008
pumping777:

No worry. This one na done deal. Unity dey come do PO. The MD don talk am. No need to guess again.

Dem go fit sell am for N7 per unit? I no think so. If they do, how many shares them wan issue to get reasonalble capital? 10B? The price must rise jeje. Slowly buy surely.

i dey interested na!
But those my tortoise brokers never fit buy the stock and EcoBank for like three weeks now
Na God hand i dey

I revalue my portfolio with the adjusted quantity of Internationalk Brewery(when never come sef )
all my profit just shrink like AIDS patient angry angry sad
Na God go save person from PO's and IPO's sha o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ManJiro(m): 10:15pm On Feb 15, 2008
pumping777:

No worry. This one na done deal. Unity dey come do PO.  The MD don talk am. No need to guess again.  

Dem go fit sell am for N7 per unit? I no think so.  If they do, how many shares them wan issue to get reasonalble capital? 10B? The price must rise jeje. Slowly buy surely.

@ Pumping 777

Is it possible to get Sterling Bank on the floor? I asked one of my brokers for a similar stock and he said that because it was on suspension, he cant not get it: it might be due to the partcular stock though. Can you please confirm?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:17pm On Feb 15, 2008
bibiking1:

i dey interested na!
But those my tortoise brokers never fit buy the stock and EcoBank for like three weeks now
Na God hand i dey

I revalue my portfolio with the adjusted quantity of Internationalk Brewery(when never come sef )
all my profit just shrink like AIDS patient angry angry sad
Na God go save person from PO's and IPO's sha o!

Make you try put all your PO/IPO/GDR shares in a separate portfolio. Na so me dey do am to avoid jubilating on spreadsheet profit. See as I take get 5.5% for Japaul. I no even worry sef.

Put stocks with CSCS in one portfolio make you know where you really stand.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:20pm On Feb 15, 2008
Man Jiro:

@ Pumping 777

Is it possible to get Sterling Bank on the floor? I asked one of my brokers for a similar stock and he said that because it was on suspension, he can't not get it: it might be due to the partcular stock though. Can you please confirm?

It is possible but difficult. Not because the stock is on TS but because the stock is also on net bid. Since the price is fixed, those that have the stock don't have the incentive to sell. After TS, the price can rise to stimulate interest in the sellers.

If you are close to your broker ask him honestly if he can get you a cross deal.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ManJiro(m): 10:22pm On Feb 15, 2008
@ Pumping 777

Thanks Man
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Belewu: 10:52pm On Feb 15, 2008
pumping777:

Quote from: Belewu on February 13, 2008, 11:30 AM

Questions for the gurus in da house:

1. C & I - Bought at 9.39, price closed yesterday at 11.44 - Time to check out or still hold on?  I go comot o.
2. Japaul - Bought at 10.61, price closed yesterday at 14.44 - Time to check out or still hold on? For wetin na? For when them announce allocation?  . Spreadsheet profit dey pain o.
3. Any info if unity bank would be a good buy? - [b]It was never a good buy but me too follow buy. Na real high risk zone based on good result being announced before PO. Take the risk if you have the heart. If you are entering for the same reason N9 is still okay since you can still make 25% if wetin people think go happen.[/b]
4. Any info on where CAPOIL price is heading?
5. Any idea when share certificates for Dangote Flour are to be expected?

Na CICO i dey

I would appreciate any info on these

Quote from pumping
----------------------------------------
I don answer for d ones wey I sabi small for up.

Pumoing no vex but i no listen to ur advice on Japaul and C & I. I still hold them strong! 40% on each and counting. My goof was CAPOIL which i must offload by monday thanks to my broker who decided to be incommunicado since last nite!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:56pm On Feb 15, 2008
Belewu:

Pumoing no vex but i no listen to your advice on Japaul and C & I. I still hold them strong! 40% on each and counting. My goof was CAPOIL which i must offload by monday thanks to my broker who decided to be incommunicado since last night!

How I go vex ? grin grin grin

Greed no dey my own dictionary again. I avoid bad decisions even if by chance it means I could have made more money. I need to preserve my profit. Ask people wey still dey try sell their First Bank wether them dey wait make d stock reach N60. As you hold d stock now, na spreadsheet profit you dey count so.

If you no see "mugu" wey go buy Capoil wetin u go come do jare? Na this once in a while "goof" dey chop the profit.

Carry go sha. Na you be champion. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 11:05pm On Feb 15, 2008
pumping777:

Make you try put all your PO/IPO/GDR shares in a separate portfolio. Na so me dey do am to avoid jubilating on spreadsheet profit. See as I take get 5.5% for Japaul. I no even worry sef.

Put stocks with CSCS in one portfolio make you know where you really stand.

Thanks men
now my next problem na to handle my breakers brokers on Monday
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2008
Yodi/Wendy and other Barack fans; have a nice weekend

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:13pm On Feb 15, 2008
easimoni:

Me nko? I jealous o  grin grin grin

Go Obama Go jo!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igetwicked: 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2008
I am looking at entering the Insurance sector.I have in mind Oasis,Linkage Assurance and Guinea.My sole reason is that they are cheap and it appears 6 naira is the resistant price for most of  Insurance companies.So there is still a chance of 20 percent in a week.Am I being over optimistic?

Someone mentioned ABC Transport, what is brewing with it?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:17pm On Feb 15, 2008
11 pages and ounting. i have a headache. daimond and fcmb are moving quite strong now, 9 months is out soon. what is amazing me is c&i leasing, i cant even bother calculating fundamentals for that one anymore. given up on transexpress for now.
pumping, i think ikeja hotels no bad oooo. forward pe of 14 is lowest in the whole bloody NSE right now. i still love my UBA sha
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ernal(m): 11:24pm On Feb 15, 2008
Pls let me know when Skype Shelter fund will be listed,certificates are just being recieved.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:25pm On Feb 15, 2008
igetwicked:

I am looking at entering the Insurance sector.I have in mind Oasis,Linkage Assurance and Guinea.My sole reason is that they are cheap and it appears 6 naira is the resistant price for most of  Insurance companies.So there is still a chance of 20 percent in a week.Am I being over optimistic?

Someone mentioned ABC Transport, what is brewing with it?

Investors that think this way make CICO very profitable in the insurance sector. Insurance stocks are not "cheap", they just have a low nominal price.

Anyway, lets say you can make 15% in a week but only if your timing is close to perfect. For instance if you entered Linkage today you may make 15% by next week. Maybe sha o. You have to study the stocks and pull the trigger near the perfect time.

But watch out for technical suspension for the companies that are doing public offer.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 11:35pm On Feb 15, 2008
ernal:

Please let me know when [b]Skyp[/b]e Shelter fund will be listed,certificates are just being recieved.

bros u be wan let me fear o! ha!!!!!!! no try am again o!
i be wan askk who don go arrange PP for Skype grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 11:38pm On Feb 15, 2008
@Easimoni, Billary is on his-her way out!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 11:39pm On Feb 15, 2008
easimoni:

I say Obama's detractors,as represented by the 3rd audition-panelist in the cartoon,are out-numbered(2 to 1,if you like).

They say Obama doesn't go into specifics in his campaigns.

I say that they who have done their economic specifics all these years,are responsible for the near-depression of the US economy today.

Back to the cartoon.Yeah,Obama hasn't sung yet,but the discerning two panelists are already wowed by the props he has brought with him on stage for this great audition.[/b]By the newness that is anticipated in the great act to come.

They realise that,with the new kind of props he mounts on stage for his anticipated performance,he'll surely change the hitherto status quo

[b]Obama
stocks sorry rrrocks!  cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:43pm On Feb 15, 2008
Krrush:

I say Obama's detractors,as represented by the 3rd audition-panelist in the cartoon,are out-numbered(2 to 1,if you like).

They say Obama doesn't go into specifics in his campaigns.

I say that they who have done their economic specifics all these years,are responsible for the near-depression of the US economy today.

Back to the cartoon.Yeah,Obama hasn't sung yet,but the discerning two panelists are already wowed by the props he has brought with him on stage for this great audition.[/b]By the newness that is anticipated in the great act to come.

They realise that,with the new kind of props he mounts on stage for his anticipated performance,he'll surely change the hitherto status quo

[b]Obama
stocks sorry rrrocks! cool cool cool

I dey your side jare. Dem no even fit plan campaign
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 12:15am On Feb 16, 2008
Guys n Gals: U 2much grin I've had a pleasant time reading posts today; had a very good laff cheesy cheesy cheesy

To All People Interested in CICOs: (especially newbies)

Highly essential to successful trades:

* Good broker:
This is the key ingredient to your successful trades. You need to be able to contact your broker by Phone (mobile and landline), Email, Text messaging and a subsequent contact in case of absence. All the methods indicated are essential. There is greater chance of error without all methods. One will invariably fail and the backup has to be immediate and effective.

To further elaborate, Once you have successfully placed your order, you need verification whether the sale went through or not. Your broker should have a means of contacting you about your buy/sell orders without you having to chase them for this information. If this is not in place, how will you plan for your next order if you don't know the status of the existing one? What is the point of all your research and analysis only to find its pointless owing to an ineffective broker?

Let the gurus in da house please add their contribution
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:19am On Feb 16, 2008
shigidi:

11 pages and ounting. i have a headache. daimond and fcmb are moving quite strong now, 9 months is out soon. what is amazing me is c&i leasing, i can't even bother calculating fundamentals for that one anymore. given up on transexpress for now.
pumping, i think ikeja hotels no bad oooo. forward pe of 14 is lowest in the whole bloody NSE right now. i still love my UBA sha

Ikeja dey bam bam o. I dey plan re-entry as I don off load at N7.20 but the tin no wan gree come down. Make una sell o make d price go down for me to enter grin grin.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 12:36am On Feb 16, 2008
pumping777:

Ikeja dey bam bam o. I dey plan re-entry as I don off load at N7.20 but the tin no wan gree come down. Make una sell o make d price go down for me to enter grin grin.

Pumping: Wetin be promised land for Ikeja Hotels?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 12:55am On Feb 16, 2008
Where daily bid positions o?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 1:51am On Feb 16, 2008
UBA daily stock bid attached

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 2:29am On Feb 16, 2008
@Naijadr,
You do well!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 2:32am On Feb 16, 2008
Anybody here attending the Africa Business Conference in Boston this weekend?

http://www.hbsafricaconference.com/custpage.cfm/frm/13136/sec_id/13136
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 2:42am On Feb 16, 2008
windywendy:

@Crazy T: did you say Partnership investments is your broker? I just got an email from UBA global markets asking me to participate in a PP for a company called Partnership Investments Co. Ltd. Are these the same as your broker?

Yes o my sister and here under is a copy of the invitation that I received from them last Monday;

[b]Dear Sir,

INVITATION TO INVEST IN PARTNERSHIP INVESTMENT COMPANY LIMITED PRIVATE PLACEMENT

We write to invite you to invest in the Company through our current Private Placement, which opened on February 4, 2008 and will close on March 12, 2008.

Partnership Investment Company Limited was established in 1991 and over the years have provided its numerous customer with exquisite investment services. The Company has grown to become one of the major investment banks in Nigeria today. Partnership is one of the leading stockbrokerage houses in the country, a dealer broker and an issuing house.

Its staff strength has grown from less than five in 1991 to over 65 serving over 12,000 retail customers from four offices nationwide. The offices are Lagos , Benin City, Port Harcourt and Abuja . The Company’s balance sheet footing stood at N4.1 billion as at December 2007, whilst shareholders’ funds were N1.05 billion. In the year ended December 2007, profit before tax closed at N383.5 million, while profit after tax was N260.7 million on a gross earnings of N1.38 billion.

Partnership Investment Company Limited is raising N3 billion from selected investors through private placement to enable it sustain and increase its investment banking activities, increase its scope of operations by acquiring other stock broking houses before the end of the consolidation period in December 2008 as well as adequately fund its subsidiaries and investments in information technology.

The Company’s future prospect is bright. Its Board and Management are tested professionals from diverse fields. We are convinced that the financial projections would be met with relative ease. Therefore, we invite you to share in this growth prospects.

The Board has directed that the shares of the Company should be listed in the Nigerian Stock Exchange before the end of the year to give its shareholders exit and profit taking opportunities.

As a valued stakeholder of the Company, we thought the best way to show our appreciation for the invaluable relationship we share with you is to partner with you in owing the Company and sharing of opportunities by giving you the opportunity of first comer advantage. To this end, therefore, we have decided to pre-allot some shares to you as follows, and Price per Share is N2.00 [/b]

So what's your take on the PP? Am thinking of taking few units like 1m or there about, because you never know what the future may hold for them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.