Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,399 members, 7,861,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:06 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (566) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820016 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2008
Naijadr:

For Costain folks, awon RoughCut & co, it appears that we've hit a stand still there, notice some resistance, exhausted buyers, very low vol being traded now. Folks appear to be holding on now, maybe waiting for the trigger towards release of FY results. I don't see much rapid advancement, might not hit N50 till maybe mid March, we prob bounce around the N45-48 mark for at least the next week or 2 even.

Anyone else notice Nig-German today, it finally broke past N28 again today ending at N28.66, it hasnt done that since early Jan, very small vol but the RSI looks just right, and I see it inching gradually, it might hit the all high N30 mark by Thursday. This company appears to move in spurts of every 3mths or so.

Dunlop is on the rise due to its low nominal price. thankfully I sold CILeasing after a 52% gain in 6 weeks and hoped on its train, I bought a very small quantity last week (at N5), and have gained about 9% after fees already, closed at N5.66 today. It looks poised to reach N6 by Friday as there doesnt appear to be a shortage of buyers. Today had the most # of buyers since the run 1st week of Feb. Short termers should prob try to get out before it gets to N8 because those who bought end of Jan at around N4 or below will def be cashing out.

All my opinion, and yes I have all 3.

Naijadr:

As expected, COSTAIN drops to N43.95, due to profit taking
NIG-German did as expected, has crossed the N30 mark, breaking its previous highest, ending at N30.09
Dunlop continues its rise, closing today at N5.79, looking to reach that N6 by Friday
So all 3 went as expected
As crazy as the NSE is, I think I'm finally learning small small from here how to predict and speculate, thanks guys fundamentalists and TAists! smiley
cashcraft and gti have same prices
The trend continues, COSTAIN closed at N44
NIG-German closed at N31.59, another high, its on the move, could be enough gas to take it to N40 shocked
Dunlop continues the rise closing at N6.07 so its crossed over the mark!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2008
For me, just use a strategy that is best suited for your personality. People follow strategies without considering their personality. If you are the type that will be disturbed with a 105 drop in your NAV don't go for CICO.

If you are the type that cannot do without checking prices every day then don't go for LONG TERM. You cannot survive watching your stocks remain dormant (no movement) for like a month!!!

Thanks Wanajo. Very correct statements.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mastermove: 2:36pm On Feb 28, 2008
I beg gurus what does a stock being on bid mean?
how about on sell?
are these techn jargon or plain english
thanx for ur replies
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2008
Naijadr:

cashcraft and gti have same prices
The trend continues, COSTAIN closed at N44
NIG-German closed at N31.59, another high, its on the move, could be enough gas to take it to N40 shocked
Dunlop continues the rise closing at N5.86, with a high of N6.07, looking to hit N6 by friday

There's no stopping Costain!

Dont forget FY is March so we expect results around May or thereabouts so its safe to assume that the PO shares would not be listed for FY results so they have room to give dividend if they so desire. Not sure about bonusthat would not be a good idea considering they have just done a PO

Costain will comfortably and without breaking sweat break the N50-mark by March/April

Go on soun
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 2:50pm On Feb 28, 2008
@Wanajo

I think there is some market correction going on here (at least to some extent). Abi na the end of month syndrome when everybody dey pay back money?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 2:51pm On Feb 28, 2008
barge:

To all my Ogas, guggurus and Gurus,

Wanaj0, WW,ak47 et all.

I salute ,  i am almost through with my punishment for being away fro the thread for such a long time.God bless you all ,keep it coming. This FCMB results looks dissapointing unless they intend to pull a rabbit out of their hats.

Barge,
donde téngale estado?
mastermove:

I beg gurus what does a stock being on bid mean?
how about on sell?
are these techn jargon or plain english
thanx for your replies
Bid means there are more buyers than sellers; the price is likely to go up. AKA "net bid"
THe opposite is to be on "offer" or "net offer". NO such thing as "on sell"
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:53pm On Feb 28, 2008
ABC had an accident today.I doubt if it will be able to continue it's journey to Maiduguri until sometime next week.Profit takers have set in.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:53pm On Feb 28, 2008
easimoni:

Barge,
donde téngale estado?Bid means there are more buyers than sellers; the price is likely to go up. AKA "net bid"
THe opposite is to be on "offer" or "net offer". NO such thing as "on sell"

The Guru Emeritus hope  u dey enjoy your semi-retirement
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:55pm On Feb 28, 2008
blueband:

ABC had an accident today.I doubt if it will be able to continue it's journey to Maiduguri until sometime next week.Profit takers have set in.

Accident ke? if he get accident na im be say journey don finish be dat. The bus just dey take opportunity load more passengers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2008
RoughCut:

There's no stopping Costain!

Dont forget FY is March so we expect results around May or thereabouts so its safe to assume that the PO shares would not be listed for FY results so they have room to give dividend if they so desire. Not sure about bonusthat would not be a good idea considering they have just done a PO

Costain will comfortably and without breaking sweat break the N50-mark by March/April

Go on soun

---------
You have to be careful with Costain so it does not do you an Oceanic.

Shares to be listed for the PO qualify for any bonus and dividends declared for FY March 2008. Check the full prospectus on page 8 or the abridged one on page 3. It is not possible to cut and paste.

This suggests that the PO shares must be listed before the FY results or at least before the closure of the register.

---------

I believe that scarcity is what is driving the price of Costain right now. BTW, what result are you expecting from Costain this March that will justify the current price bearing in mind the outstanding shares that will be listed from the PO?

In the prospectus it is already stated that over 1B shares will be outstanding by FY March, 2008 and they are projecting a PAT of N0.514B. Based on the current price the forward PE is already over 100.

Of course by 2009, based on the project that PAT will multiply 3x this is still okay long term. However, short term, I think it will be necessary to take profit and soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2008
debenzd:

@Wanajo

I think there is some market correction going on here (at least to some extent). Abi na the end of month syndrome when everybody dey pay back money?

This one looks more than end of month syndrome o. Wether it is a one week bear run or this will continue till next week is the only uncertainity.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2008
blueband:

No bi accident, na yellow fever stop am grin grin Zebra crossing cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2008
debenzd:

@Wanajo

Can't see any corection ooooo. Nigerian German still no wan gree!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2008
pumping777:

---------
You have to be careful with Costain so it does not do you an Oceanic.

Shares to be listed for the PO qualify for any bonus and dividends declared for FY March 2008.

This suggests that the PO shares must be listed before the FY results or at least before the closure of the register.

---------

I believe that scarcity is what is driving the price of Costain right now. BTW, what result are you expecting from Costain this March that will justify the current price bearing in mind the outstanding shares that will be listed from the PO?

In the prospectus it is already stated that over 1B shares will be outstanding by FY March, 2008 and they are projecting a PAT of N0.514B. Based on the current price the forward PE is already over 100.

Of course by 2009, based on the project that PAT will multiply 3x this is still okay long term. However, short term, I think it will be necessary to take profit and soon.

I think it will be suicidal for them to declare a bonus if the PO shares are to be listed before FY!

Dont forget they still have the proceeds from the PO which obviously they will capitalize so that will not do their balance sheet any harm at all and they can afford to give dividend which hopefully will help to sustain the share price at least till when they declare FY results.

Hopefully they will put the proceeds from the offer to work after the fiscal year and we would know what impact it will make to the bottom-line. Profit taking i expect in the short-term but going forward its looking good in the medium-long term

That's my prognosis sha like the medics would say
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2008
wanaj0:

Can't see any corection ooooo. Nigerian German still no wan gree!!

Well, you know stocks that are reasonably priced won't be affected so much. Fundamentally Nigeria-German is still reasonbly priced.

It is the over bloated stocks that are taking a beating across board. Even the sentimental stocks like Japaul CI Leasing dey hear wen!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2008
pumping777:

Well, you know stocks that are reasonably priced won't be affected so much. Fundamentally Nigeria-German is still reasonbly priced.

It is the over bloated stocks that are taking a beating across board. Even the sentimental stocks like Japaul CI Leasing dey hear when!!

There are gains and losses so nothing major here. NGC, BOC, OandO etc had gains while Chellarams, M&B had losses. Quite normal in the capital market!

Correction will happen after release of result. Watch and see how WAPCo quickly rest!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2008
@all,
How available is skye shelter fund. I bot during the offer but i want to ZIZO a lil before my certificate comes out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2008
wanaj0:

There are gains and losses so nothing major here. NGC, BOC, OandO etc had gains while Chellarams, M&B had losses. Quite normal in the capital market!

Correction will happen after release of result. Watch and see how WAPCo quickly rest!!!

I'm not talking about just today. I'm talking about all week. Many stocks have lost significantly within a single week than has happened this year so far.

For there to be a correction, all stocks will not have to lose value. Some stocks will still increase in price. A stock like OandO has a driver at the moment so nothing surprising there.

As an example, just for today, only 4 banks gained marginally. All others lost or remained the same. All the major bank stocks have been on a losing streak all week. Not just today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2008
chei, looks like ABC took a hit today. Didn't see that comin' cheesy. I guess tis going to be a case of waiting for the dreaded profit takers then before the journey continues.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2008
pls does anyone know the minimum for daar comm ipo? i hear its a good buy smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2008
tajmao:

please does anyone know the minimum for daar comm ipo? i hear its a good buy smiley

1,000 shares
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2008
seems like a different price list has come out on nigerian securities. they have it that longman lost 5% today but cashcraft records it as gaining 5%

who can confirm the "real prices". i am inclined to believe nigeriansec cuz of my experience and my conversations with them
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:03pm On Feb 28, 2008
aktopgun:

seems like a different price list has come out on nigerian securities. they have it that longman lost 5% today but cashcraft records it as gaining 5%

who can confirm the "real prices". i am inclined to believe nigeriansec because of my experience and my conversations with them

try zenithsecurities.

http://www.zenithbank.com/pricelist.cfm
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2008
thanks wendy

it confirms nigeriansec.com's prices. cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:08pm On Feb 28, 2008
looks like deap capital is on suspension. Any idea when they'll be doing their PO?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2008
hispy99:

http://www.cscsnigerialtd.com/modules.php?name=Gainers&myfaq=yes&kk=85&d1=2&l1=15&l2=15&kb=10

CSCS has LongMan up by 5%

na wa o. this NSE sef!
anyway, nigsec say their software scans the nse database about 4hrs after the market closes for the last record of prices. lets see if they change theirs.

sheer incompetence!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:18pm On Feb 28, 2008
ehen.

please o. the fellas who bought ccnn, its showing signs of slowing down.

consider this a heads up! grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2008
@Barge.welcome back from your self declared vacation.Good to see  you.

Good to see that the those caught in the frenzy of CICO has discovered its not that easy.People like FO2 and Windy have the experience,finesse and patience most newbies don't.The wanajo/easimoni technique is still da best.

Back to Transcorp please cos i have some interest in that company.Infact, i want to enter the board one day.Ready to fight it out with Samstone. tongue cool
I have always loved the idea behind company cos i know what Temasek did/and still doing in Singapore. Now that our seeminly ever confused president has agreed-after listening to Ndidi/Iseghogi's presentation to give MTEL back to Transcorp,what do you think?

Anybody out there with info on what Transcorp really wants to do?Nairaland is too rich with info.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdbull: 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2008
AKTop[b]gboa[/b]!
No mind me, my brother. I be Marketer, so I no dey too dey online like that. Thanks for your response. How Tobe? I hope He's doing better now. I need to put some kind N500,000 inside market for a "2 week" CICO and I don late for madam Wendy N6 prediction for First Aluminium (kai, see as I miss train cry cry cry cry)
Madam Wendy,
U too much. If U go get my time, Wetin make I buy for Friday; all Cavaet observed.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 4:38pm On Feb 28, 2008
Guys - i am currently doing a research. Please from your perspective, recommend brokers good for CiCo.

Meanwhile, i have asked and would ask again - Does anyone know the right CSCS No. to fill on the form to get your shares directly to CSCS following a PO. (Alphanumeric or Numeric?)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 4:39pm On Feb 28, 2008
windywendy:

looks like deap capital is on suspension. Any idea when they'll be doing their PO?

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news_category.php?recpos=3&id=15

Not sure when they will do their PO but it is at an advanced stage.I won't be surprised if they are on TS but I doubt it.At least NSE for done announce am today now.Abi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.