Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,370 members, 7,861,023 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:14 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (819996 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:40pm On Feb 28, 2008
SavvyLanre:

Guys - i am currently doing a research. Please from your perspective, recommend brokers good for CiCo.

Meanwhile, i have asked and would ask again - Does anyone know the right CSCS No. to fill on the form to get your shares directly to CSCS following a PO. (Alphanumeric or Numeric?)

Alphanumeric.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2008
@all

Please, who has received their Dangote flour mills share certificate?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 4:47pm On Feb 28, 2008
pumping777:

Alphanumeric.

No vex o. But, was that the one you entered on Dangote Flour as well. I think you mentioned yours was credited to your account.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:52pm On Feb 28, 2008
grabdbull:

AKTop[b]gboa[/b]!
No mind me, my brother. I be Marketer, so I no dey too dey online like that. Thanks for your response. How Tobe? I hope He's doing better now. I need to put some kind N500,000 inside market for a "2 week" CICO and I don late for madam Wendy N6 prediction for First Aluminium (kai, see as I miss train cry cry cry cry)
Madam Wendy,
You too much. If You go get my time, Wetin make I buy for Friday; all Cavaet observed.

Quick CICO? Footware. Risky but worth it (my opinion). I got in today. All caveats apply as usual.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 4:54pm On Feb 28, 2008
Godness me

I've caught up eventually. Went 2 Nigeria last week came back on monday, the more i tried to catch up the more the thread kept growing. my missus have even banned me from the laptop at home so I was resticted to catching up only at work.

Anyway, I got tired of boutique brokerage houses, opened an account with a not so 'boutique' broker (hussler broker if you like), dropped a couple of duty free after shaves  & EDT and man it is working wonders. I am just about to test him with OandO.

Wendy - you 2 much. You know why I am saying this.

Any one know how I can lay my hands on Pricelist going back to 1987.  I managed to fish out a few certs bought by my old boy for me at about this time. I need to add them to my s/sheet
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mastermove: 4:54pm On Feb 28, 2008
aktopgun:

ehen.

please o. the fellas who bought ccnn, its showing signs of slowing down.

consider this a heads up! grin
AkT can u pls elaborate on this do u mean its time to bail or enter (yep I understand the terms of advice)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Hopeozah(m): 4:55pm On Feb 28, 2008
SavvyLanre:

No vex o. But, was that the one you entered on Dangote Flour as well. I think you mentioned yours was credited to your account.

Just had to come in, believing this would be of help,

I entered the alphanumeric character on my dangote form and got it creditted to my account.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:55pm On Feb 28, 2008
SavvyLanre:

Even if pumping no vex, me I go vex  grin grin grin Them don answer you plenti times on this question na. It's the alphanumeric one and that's the one that will be used to credit your cscs account. I filled it out on my oceanic PO application and got my cscs credited directly.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:56pm On Feb 28, 2008
SavvyLanre:

I used this for my Diamond bank GDR and it has been credited to CSCS.

In a post earlier I explained the relationship between these numbers as explained in a CSCS email.

The alphanumeric number identifies your account (this should be unique) with CSCS. The numeric one is issued by your broker and is your account number with them. Ordinarily you can have multiple brokers linked to your alphanumeric CSCS number. If you have access to your CSCS account this will be clearer to you.

So to credit your account, there is need to know

1. First and foremost your alphanumeric CSCS number.
2. The broker that should have access to trade the stocks. That is why you are also asked for the name of the broker. With this, when you login to the CSCS account and navigate to your account with that broker you will find the stocks listed there.

The only question is this. What if you have multiple accounts with the same broker? In this case, I will advice that after filling in the name of your broker, include in brackets the specific account number you want the stocks deposited. This is the numeric number.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2008
*deleted*
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2008
SavvyLanre:

well, i used the aplhanumeric on my dangote flour application and it has been credited to my CSCS acct. i used the alphanumeric on my oceanic bank application and i got a certificate.

there is a clarification on which is CHN number and which is CSCS Acct no on one of the CSCS' website. the CHN number is the alphanumeric while the CSCS Acct no is the numeric. an investor shld ideally have only one CHN number
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2008
tufe:

@all

Please, who has received their Dangote flour mills share certificate?

collected mine from my broker last week and sent it for verification sharpish.

for those that thouhgt I was stupid when I asked how to claim the returned money for all the names (son & daughter) from DangFlour. It was a piece of poo. My broker claimed them for me and credited my A/C one hand. I didnt have to muck about with the banks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2008
Pumping & Windywendy - as i said no vex, ignorance is a disease, you can't imagine the pain those stupid numbers and confusion around the name used for them have caused me,
CSCS and CHN - at least it was clearer on the skye form.

Thanks once again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2008
For those with access to CSCS account online.

Can anyone confirm what the tool "Transaction Listing" does? I assume it allows me to list previous transactions but however I search I never get any results. Has anyone used this functionality successfully?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 5:08pm On Feb 28, 2008
windywendy:

Quick CICO? Footware. Risky but worth it (my opinion). I got in today. All caveats apply as usual.

See liver, i looked at it last week tuesday or so - after i ran analysis,  liver no gree.
But, i definitely see your hand today  grin grin grin And, even then liver no dey gree for that kind thing my broker no be superman at all, at all, at all

When i grow up i want to be like my Sister Windywendy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 5:11pm On Feb 28, 2008
@ALL,
I expect the bulls to be back in the banking sector,from next week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2008
husu:

@ALL,
I expect the bulls to be back in the banking sector,from next week.

You be bigBoyLary? Anyway, while i have over 80% of my portfolio in that sector - i do not see any real bull happening real soon, except you get news wey you never share.

Except you want to advise people to go pick up UBA, oceanic, Zenith, FBN, Diamond, FCMB, GTB et al - which are currently at a good price. (Notice see as i order them - na my list of priority be that o, )
Caveat emptor, emptress, temptress and what have you,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 5:24pm On Feb 28, 2008
SavvyLanre:

You be bigBoyLary? Anyway, while i have over 80% of my portfolio in that sector - i do not see any real bull happening real soon, except you get news wey you never share.

Except you want to advise people to go pick up UBA, oceanic, Zenith, FBN, Diamond, FCMB, GTB et al - which are currently at a good price. (Notice see as i order them - na my list of priority be that o, )
Caveat emptor, emptress, temptress and what have you,

Well said,but I gasto wait for a few more trading days as most of 'em approach their YE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by GBGHOSTBOY: 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2008
@Pumping
I need your help. I bought an IPO few months back and my cousin was the one that filled up the form for me. He mistakenly wrote my middle name on the surname space. How do I rectify this?
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2008
GBGHOSTBOY:

@Pumping
I need your help. I bought an IPO few months back and my cousin was the one that filled up the form for me. He mistakenly wrote my middle name on the surname space. How do I rectify this?
thanks

Sorry, I don't know what you need to do. I can only hazard a guess that you should contact the registrar preferably before the certificates are issued with proof of your purchase to rectify this.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2008
FatherOF2:

Make you lock in the profit. You miss presco small. Just wait make we see those when go fall this coming week.
I dey go sleep oh, time for here no be 9 o' clock.

@ Invisible

Na ccnn N25 clarification Justice i dey look for.

Fatherof2&Many - where you dey o, See your advise for Shigidi on sunday, make i dey look out for you on Sundays? Meanwhile, how you still see Presco?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2008
GBGHOSTBOY:

@Pumping
thanks

@Ghostboy,
I dont know if am qualified to answer your question,but the best thing for you to do is to open a new cscs account with that new name of yours,then verify ure certificate and then sell or transfer to your original account.Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by abocana: 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2008
Flour mills don enter 100 grin grin grin ride on.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2008
i can talk now that my trade alert has come. i fear u fellas.

windy, i bought NASCON today.  wink. i calculate from my analysis yesterday that it has bottomed out and i hit it today. i think it is close enough to its resistance price for me to join the party.  grin  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2008
oh my bad, i meant its support price
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2008
Excuse the deviation, question for y'll,  is there a daily withdrawal limit from Nigerian ATM's? Hitting Lagos on Saturady for a couple of days visit and will be trying out my Zenith card at the nearest ATM,  make I no come go hook  shocked . Don't particulary like dealing with those malams at the airport   lipsrsealed

@RoughCut

BTW:

Anybody who needs to get in touch with Oceanic registrars you can ring them on 01-815 2470 or 01-813 8623. Try the second number first.

Not getting through to any of these numbers,  I'll let them know what I think when I drop in Monday.

Considering opening a second stock broking account,  going for Vetiva. Need a second broker as a counter balance to the impersonal service provided by IBTC.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 5:52pm On Feb 28, 2008
pumping777:

I used this for my Diamond bank GDR and it has been credited to CSCS.

In a post earlier I explained the relationship between these numbers as explained in a CSCS email.

The alphanumeric number identifies your account (this should be unique) with CSCS. The numeric one is issued by your broker and is your account number with them. Ordinarily you can have multiple brokers linked to your alphanumeric CSCS number. If you have access to your CSCS account this will be clearer to you.

So to credit your account, there is need to know

1. First and foremost your alphanumeric CSCS number.
2. The broker that should have access to trade the stocks. That is why you are also asked for the name of the broker. With this, when you login to the CSCS account and navigate to your account with that broker you will find the stocks listed there.

The only question is this. What if you have multiple accounts with the same broker? In this case, I will advice that after filling in the name of your broker, include in brackets the specific account number you want the stocks deposited. This is the numeric number.

Pumping

How can I change the address on my CSCS account? I have searched for forms but can't find any and my broker is not helpful as well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2008
oshkosh:

Excuse the deviation, question for y'll, is there a daily withdrawal limit from Nigerian ATM's? Hitting Lagos on Saturady for a couple of days visit and will be trying out my Zenith card at the nearest ATM, make I no come go hook shocked . Don't particulary like dealing with those malams at the airport lipsrsealed

@RoughCut

Not getting through to any of these numbers, I'll let them know what I think when I drop in Monday.

Considering opening a second stock broking account, going for Vetiva. Need a second broker as a counter balance to the impersonal service provided by IBTC.

I think the limit is 6000 or 10000 naira
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrCee(m): 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2008
Below is link to Daar prospectus and ipo form

http://www.daargroup.com/ipo/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by fistof: 6:01pm On Feb 28, 2008
Ola007:

Pumping

How can I change the address on my CSCS account? I have searched for forms but can't find any and my broker is not helpful as well.
You need to write a letter to CSCS for a change of Address, give it to your broker who will forward the letter to CSCS, you might be asked to pay N1000.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by GBGHOSTBOY: 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2008
@Pumping and Husu
Thanks for your help. I guess I have to visit the registrar when I get to Naija to solve the problem. Thanks for the time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2008
RoughCut:

The Guru Emeritus hope  u dey enjoy your semi-retirement

@ Roughcut,
howz the going. I need 5 years to become a Guru and another ten years of learning and practise for me to add Emeritus join am. am still W.I.P and i dey learn from all my Ogas.

@ Easi

tuve mucho trabajo y estudios. Gracias amigo. Been busy ,thanx for holding it down.

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.