Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816636 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 8:11pm On Feb 28, 2008
AFAMAKO,I go call you later.
AKTOPGUN is on call,no candles till later.

Naijadr where did you get the information on Deap Capital from?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 8:13pm On Feb 28, 2008
grabdaloot:

Oversmart na im dey kill monkey

Grabdaloot - i dey with you on that one - but, i no fit jump on Aglevent at the current price o - because, na anytime the thing fit do reverse, except you wan JiJo before end of year result expected anywhere around end of march.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 8:14pm On Feb 28, 2008
blueband:

AFAMAKO,I go call you later.
AKTOPGUN is on call,no candles till later.

Naijadr where did you get the information on Deap Capital from?
TRW Stockbrokers emailed it 2 hrs ago
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 8:15pm On Feb 28, 2008
@grabdaloot

I feel you , but dont feel bad. We all get whipsawed by the market especially when the market defies reason. Also you have made some bull''eye calls here and i think Chellarams is one of them . You are going to grab mo loot this coming month. Idey behind you for the AGleventis gate . I must enter by all means necessary,something must be brewing .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 8:18pm On Feb 28, 2008
I suspected profit takers will set in this week for ABC and I warned my fellow passengers.Me I don offload much of my ABC sha.E b like na Grabalot buy my ABC.Thanks wink wink

Now na to just take position for some penny stocks CICO cum Long term.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 8:30pm On Feb 28, 2008
I've been looking thru my records but can't see what I am searching for so can some one out there help? When was the last time any bank gained 5% in one trading session. Save for 1st bank to take it N50 I can't seem to find any, I am not going near any bank with not even with a 10 ft pole. The year end change has harmed some speculators like me

blueband:

I suspected profit takers will set in this week for ABC and I warned my fellow passengers.Me I don offload much of my ABC sha.E b like na Grabalot buy my ABC.Thanks wink wink

Now na to just take position for some penny stocks CICO come Long term.

Blueband incase you don't know ABC wan do PO at N24 so na im be say price must reach N34 also their Full yr PAT go surpass the N1b so the dividend go make the price reach N50 (CAVEAT EMPTY) undecided grin kiss
But seriously ABCTRANS and DUNLOP were the only stocks that had not breached their previous year high on the NSE I opted for ABCTRANS because of better fundamentals. DUNLOP seems to be on its way to break the N9 mark ABCTRANS broke the N5 but couldn't sustain suprisingly. I had hoped that the annoucement on the election decision would spur the market for about two weeks but it didn't. Expect a bull run in the very very near feature till the first set of full year results start coming out in full.watch out for the stock (ABCTRANS)even if I dey vex for my broker for buying at the all time high. I get faith for this one
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2008
grabdaloot:

Blueband incase you don't know ABC wan do PO at N24 so na im be say price must reach N34 also their Full yr PAT go surpass the N1b so the dividend go make the price reach N50 (CAVEAT EMPTY) undecided grin kiss
But seriously ABCTRANS and DUNLOP were the only stocks that had not breached their previous year high on the NSE I opted for ABCTRANS because of better fundamentals. DUNLOP seems to be on its way to break the N9 mark ABCTRANS broke the N5 but couldn't sustain suprisingly. I had hoped that the annoucement on the election decision would spur the market for about two weeks but it didn't. Expect a bull run in the very very near feature till the first set of full year results start coming out in full.watch out for the stock (ABCTRANS)even if I dey vex for my broker for buying at the all time high. I get faith for this one

Abeg where did you get this info abi na rumour? N24 PO for ABC with 1.51B shares already outstanding? Abeg fill man in jare.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 8:38pm On Feb 28, 2008
I still get plenty KGs of ABC .Na profit I just take come out so I go invest elsewhere.My guy,Na long term I dey do now o.ABC will definately reach 15 naira by end of year except all dem buses get accident at once.

But wait o,na only for naija shareholders no get benefits for company.Dem suppose dey give us 50 percent off for bus tickets.ABC dey go Uyo?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:41pm On Feb 28, 2008
ABC has made N144M for the 3 quarters of the current fiscal year. How will they surpass N1B buy year end? This rumour is too strong o. Abi them wan sell all them buses ?? grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 8:45pm On Feb 28, 2008
Pumping you dey live near Olde City?I see person wey look like say him name na pumping there last month.
Grabalot is joking,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:54pm On Feb 28, 2008
blueband:

Pumping you dey live near Olde City?I see person wey look like say him name na pumping there last month.
Grabalot is joking,

Ok. My sense of humour is lacking today grin grin

Olde wetin? No be me o. grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2008
The trouble with CICO is that you never get to know when things will také a turn, everyone including our own dear windy, who was telling us of the 16 mil bid for ABC was taken completely unawares by this turn.

Well more surprises will happen tomorrow, remember the herd mentality in the market.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2008
Okay for sake of my integrity the PO/PP has not been cast in concrete. The board was supposed to sit this week to decide. If you start seeing heavy volumes and a price rally then know that some thing 'positive' resulted from the board meeting. Truth is that it is not really confirmed but if it happens it will be at very elevated prices something similar to COSTAIN. As per the full year PAT can't say what the precise figures will be but early fellers are that it will be bumper, Nothing that can be gotten from a projection of their full year profit I was just fooling around when I quoted the N1b but I know for sure that they took the CAPEX for med size buses procurred for intrastate transport in the east during the year but have not started reporting their earnings from them. Further more Fidelity Bank is seriously looking to increase its stake in the company ( I hope an AP happens here) But the deal with cross river state govt was crap they didn't earn much from it. Might have even made a loss but for the contract which stipulates that the cross river state govt will bear the cost of acquiring the buses. but on the other hand the imo state deal was very sweet for them. Let us see how this pans out . It will be a very intruging one to observe from the inside
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2008
@pumping777
what will be your advise on Vitafoam and Transexpress at todays current price i bought at 9.50 and 6.65 respectively, was having a feeling vitafoam might be heading down soon and transexpress a non mover, after a whole week of upsurge
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2008
@mastermove,

Yes oo! IBTC's good if you want execute only relationship. Brokers sift through emails you send them and decide which one to respond to, if at all.

I'll keep them but open a second account with a smaller, nimbler company.  I particularly don't like that mandates not received by 6pm  the day before trading by IBTC are not executed. While this may be an improvement over some other firms out there, I don't expect it from a company that sets a N10M account opening requirement.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2008
invisible!:

The trouble with CICO is that you never get to know when things will také a turn, everyone including our own dear windy, who was telling us of the 16 mil bid for ABC was taken completely unawares by this turn.

Well more surprises will happen tomorrow, remember the herd mentality in the market.

Yes o, that's the risk with CICO. Infact na serious un-awares the thing take me  cheesy. Even my broker was speechless grin But my entry price was in the safe zone, so i'm not worried at all. After the profit takers do their song and dance routine, we'll all be back on our happy pills sorry ride  cheesy grin. No panic selling o, it's a good company and depending on how low it falls i might pick up some more units.

Chei, and to think that dollyp1cute took valium with her milk yesterday because of this grin grin. Anyway let's hope that by the time she wakes up from that valium effect the price trend would have reversed cheesy cheesy

@Pumping, if you believe that news about ABC, then what the heck you might as well believe that windywendy is the current president of Nigeria  cool grin

Today dey busy for me no be small. I'll be posting much later.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TheAdmira: 9:12pm On Feb 28, 2008
Daddyzee:

Hey Bro, My personal experience might help. I got so frustrated with IBTC once that I had to log on to their site and copied the names of all the folks in their stock brokerage department. I called the help lines for their three of their Lagos offices requesting to speak with a couple of those names. I chose a time when the offices must have closed and gave an impression I had to reach them regarding a mandate which they must act on. I struck gold. I got GSM numbers of three people and they have been my contact since then. I call them each time I send a mandate as well as copy them in any of my mandates. It has worked, at least so far.
Good luck wink wink wink wink wink

This is Social Engineering!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:13pm On Feb 28, 2008
grabdaloot:

Okay for sake of my integrity the PO/PP has not been cast in concrete. The board was supposed to sit this week to decide. If you start seeing heavy volumes and a price rally then know that some thing 'positive' resulted from the board meeting. Truth is that it is not really confirmed but if it happens it will be at very elevated prices something similar to COSTAIN. As per the full year PAT can't say what the precise figures will be but early fellers are that it will be bumper, Nothing that can be gotten from a projection of their full year profit I was just fooling around when I quoted the N1b but I know for sure that they took the CAPEX for med size buses procurred for intrastate transport in the east during the year but have not started reporting their earnings from them. Further more Fidelity Bank is seriously looking to increase its stake in the company ( I hope an AP happens here) But the deal with cross river state govt was crap they didn't earn much from it. Might have even made a loss but for the contract which stipulates that the cross river state govt will bear the cost of acquiring the buses. but on the other hand the imo state deal was very sweet for them. Let us see how this pans out . It will be a very intruging one to observe from the inside

Abeg which company is this one?

By the way, welcome back! Where you bin dey since? I was wondering if you had changed your name to grabdbull not by the horns sha, 'cos that might cause some katakata cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TheAdmira: 9:16pm On Feb 28, 2008
***deleted*** Double post
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RolandE(m): 9:20pm On Feb 28, 2008
GOOD DAY BROTHERS & SISTERS. GOOD NEWS INDEED. I HAVE JUST
RECEIVED MY OCEANIC CERTIFICATE LAST WEEK. POSTED TO MY
ADDRESS IN NIGERIA. CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHICH WEB SITE I CAN
GET OR DOWNLOAD THE " SHARES VERIFICATION FORM". SO THAT
I CAN SIGN AND SCAN IT TO MY BROKER IN NIGERIA.
SO THEY CAN CREDIT MY CSCS ACCOUNT WITH MY SHARES.
PLEASE HEEELLLLLLLP. GOD BLESS U ALL.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:23pm On Feb 28, 2008
@ roland, ask your broker or a relative to scan and send the form to you, you may send it back after signing it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:23pm On Feb 28, 2008
windywendy:

Abeg which company is this one?

By the way, welcome back! Where you bin dey since? I was wondering if you had changed your name to grabdbull not by the horns sha, 'because that might cause some katakata cheesy

Na d same ABC. I bin wan believe the story now because he for sweet af profit takers don descend  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2008
Nigerians wouldnt even think about it but believe me, if ABC comes out with a 24 naira PO even after doing one for N1 two years later, the offer will be oversubscribed.

Too much money around these days, that is why the stock prices are rising like they are on fertilizers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkenwanyi: 9:30pm On Feb 28, 2008
Hi all!
Could anyone pls help me with the historical prices (at least for the past five years) of all the securities quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange?
I have tried to access the NSE website but it seems as if the website is down and I need this data urgently for my dissertation.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 9:31pm On Feb 28, 2008
pumping777:

Na d same ABC. I bin wan believe the story now because he for sweet af profit takers don descend  grin grin

Best believe Oh Pumping!!!! Something dey brew for the alpha[b]BETS[/b] (ABC) and the thing go sweet no be small. I just dey envy wendy wey enter below N4. They don ring bell for people wey get their plates to come table come chop. But that na why we dey talk say make every body dey look well well cos some people no go hear the bell while some go see the person when wan go ring am.

Stay tight Pumping. I no dey shake
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 9:37pm On Feb 28, 2008
My fellow forumites, I posted a question earlier concerning skye reit but i got the answer when i checked today's trade. However, i had clicked the option to notify me of replies and went offline for about an hr, only to log back in to see about 20 notifications of reply from this forum and 6 more while i was reading. Una dey try o. Una no dey eat or watch TV or even rest eh? Lol,  You guys are the bomb

i hope i can successfull post this at first trial.

Ewww i no talk am. I have already tried three times. Oya "repliers" give me chance naaa
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:38pm On Feb 28, 2008
grabdaloot:

Best believe Oh Pumping!!!! Something dey brew for the alpha[b]BETS[/b] (ABC) and the thing go sweet no be small. I just dey envy wendy wey enter below N4. They don ring bell for people wey get their plates to come table come chop. But that na why we dey talk say make every body dey look well well because some people no go hear the bell while some go see the person when wan go ring am.

Stay tight Pumping. I no dey shake

grabdaloot! grabdaloot!! grabdaloot!!! na ow many times I call you so?? cheesy If this na play make you stop am o. Otherwise make you kuku tell us in plain language the tin wey dey brew for the alphaBETS soup  cheesy. This na nairaland na and we be hommies, so if you get anything make you talk am sharpish sharpish. My ear don dey ground. Oya . . .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 9:39pm On Feb 28, 2008
Anyone every heard of ABOSELAB? This is the next CAPOIL/AFROIL in the NSE. Everyday I go look the stock laugh. I think some people need to be locked away for sanity to return. ABOSELAB is presently N0.81 make we see if e go reach N8.00 I hear say na lipstick them they make
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 9:40pm On Feb 28, 2008
ANTICIPATED CORPORATE RESULTS / BENEFITS

COMPANY PERIOD RESULT DATE DUE

7up Plc 9 months– Dec. 2007 February 2008
Acen Insurance Plc Full Year – Dec 2007 March  2008
Afribank Nigeria Plc 9 months– Dec. 2007 January 2008
Aiico Insuarnce Plc Full Year– Dec 2007 March 2008
Arbico Plc 9 months– Sept. 2007 November 2007
Cadbury Nigeria Plc Full Year– Dec 2007 January 2008
Conoil Plc Full Year– Dec 2007 March  2008
Cornerstone Insurance Plc 9 months– Sept. 2007 November 2007
Crusader Insurance Plc Full Year – Dec 2007 March  2008
Custodian & Allied Insurance Plc Full Year – Dec 2007 March  2008
ETI Plc 9 months– Sept. 2007 November 2007
Evans Medical Plc Full Year – Dec 2007 March  2008
Flour Mills Plc 9 months– Dec. 2007 January 2008
Glaxo Smithkline Consumer Nig. Plc Full Year – Dec 2007 March  2008
Julius Berger Nigeria Plc Full Year– Dec. 2007 March  2008
Lasaco Insurance Plc Full Year– Dec 2007 March 2008
Mutual Benefit Plc Full Year – Dec 2007 March 2008
Northern Nigerian Flour Mills Plc 9 months– Dec. 2007 January 2008
Roads Nigeria Plc 9 months– Dec. 2007 January 2008
RT Briscoe Plc Full Year– Dec 2007 March 2008
UACN  Plc Full Year – Dec 2007 March  2008
Unilever Nigeria Plc Full Year– Dec. 2007 March  2008
Ecobank Plc Full Year– Dec. 2007 March  2008
Dangotesugar Plc Full Year– Dec 2007 March 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 9:43pm On Feb 28, 2008
@All,

Please anybody seen today's daily offer and bid positions (from UBA brokers)?

Anybody watching PZ?? What is happening? FatherOf2 where are you, looks like it's headed to our promised land
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 9:44pm On Feb 28, 2008
grabdaloot:

Anyone every heard of ABOSELAB? This is the next CAPOIL/AFROIL in the NSE. Everyday I go look the stock laugh. I think some people need to be locked away for sanity to return. ABOSELAB is presently N0.81 make we see if e go reach N8.00 I hear say na lipstick them they make

lol,  Market don craze ni. Too much looted funds with no where to invest

Me bin wan sell my ABC tomorrow because i bought at 3.2,  Where's my phone oooo!!!  make i call my broker cancel o before i dull myself

@loma and upward

make i post naaa
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 9:49pm On Feb 28, 2008
We talked about Dangote Sugar here 2 days ago, and it's been showing some good signs of upward movement. Quite a good one there at a good price, i think. Caveat Emptorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.