Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,215 members, 7,867,537 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:02 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820927 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:21pm On Feb 29, 2008
close to 1b( yes i billion!!) units of universal insurance traded today  cheesy  cheesy cheesy

this is just infathomable(big big english cheesy cheesy)!

On top wetin? for an insurance company? how much be their PAT?

Anyway i get space for my clinic, looks like some brothers are going to need me in the not too distant future  grin  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:22pm On Feb 29, 2008
RoughCut:

DEAP CAPITAL gave a dividend of 13K and bonus of 1 for 2 and they are on TS! I'm sure there's something i must be missing.

I would have thought announce the goodies first and allow the feel-good factor to push up the price a bit more and go on TS!

BTW: anybody looking athe the volumes for Intercontinental Bank looks like there's something in the offing!

Either some peeps have seen the unaudited FYE or they are getting ready for a share reconstruction. They are in pole-position to do a share reconstruction

Ur winch don start again o roughcut!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:23pm On Feb 29, 2008
aktopgun:

your winch don start again o roughcut!!!
Have you looked at the volumes?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:24pm On Feb 29, 2008
RoughCut:

Have you looked at the volumes?

of course. noticed it a day or two ago wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:28pm On Feb 29, 2008
@roughcut

its in the extremes again today after yesterday's lull, over 36m units traded today
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:32pm On Feb 29, 2008
aktopgun:

@roughcut

its in the extremes again today after yesterday's lull, over 36m units traded today

140M a couple of days ago and 80M today. Yesterday was 36M and Universal insurance 888M chei! I think its only WEMA that surpassed that record and look at what happened

I hope the geezers at SEC are taking note grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 1:34pm On Feb 29, 2008
@Roughcut,

What are the implications judging from the high volumes?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:39pm On Feb 29, 2008
mecatchcha:

@Roughcut,

What are the implications judging from the high volumes?

If a stock is experiencing high volumes and its on net bid it means there are more buyers than sellers and therefore the buying pressure will push up the price.

On the other hand if the stock is on net offer and experiencing high volumes it means there are more sellers than buyers and the selling pressure will force down the price. This is a simplistic explanation and as you will find out things are not always Black and White where the NSE is concerned

Judging from the number on your post i'm assuming you are a  newbie to the forum and you are therefore welcome on the other hand if you are one of the deep-pockets/silent readers on the forum welcome all the same grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 1:45pm On Feb 29, 2008
I think Bagco should become officially the worst PO in NSE history.

Only 1000 units got 100% allotment.

Thank God for my antipo vaccine.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:45pm On Feb 29, 2008
RoughCut:

140M a couple of days ago and 80M today. Yesterday was 36M and Universal insurance 888M chei! I think its only WEMA that surpassed that record and look at what happened

I hope  the geezers at SEC are taking note grin grin grin grin grin

on intercontinental, u are quite correct on the figures. as usual, one side of nse site says one thing from the other.

on universal insurance, make fellas begin book their clinic appointments now to avoid long waiting lists  grin grin grin. i will probably send the over flow to blueband, abi bluband how u take see am?

i just don't get it! pls could someone explain to me why universal should be doing a few million units shy of 1b traded? am i becoming thick or something?don't answer that part cheesy  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by elemu(m): 1:49pm On Feb 29, 2008
debenzd:

Kai !! Chie!! and the worst part is I can't quickly get my refund lipsrsealed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:50pm On Feb 29, 2008
aktopgun:

on universal insurance, make fellas begin book their clinic appointments now to avoid long waiting lists  grin grin grin. i will probably send the over flow to blueband, abi bluband how u take see am?

i just don't get it! please could someone explain to me why universal should be doing a few million units shy of 1b traded? am i becoming thick or something?don't answer that part cheesy  cheesy cheesy cheesy

I dont think you and blueband will be able to cope with the traffic o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 1:50pm On Feb 29, 2008
@ Debenzd

Can you please paste the details of Bagco allotment or tell us where to view?

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:52pm On Feb 29, 2008
RoughCut:

I don't think you and blueband will be able to cope with the traffic o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

bros, where there's money involved, i'm sure we'll manage cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adeyinkat: 1:55pm On Feb 29, 2008
debenzd:

I beg to disagree o. You don see Japaul allotment schedule

50,000 got 100% while 55,000 gets 19.26%, >100,000 got 7.5% , Duuh am I the only one not amused?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:55pm On Feb 29, 2008
elemu:

Kai !! Chie!! and the worst part is I can't quickly get my refund  lipsrsealed

i still have some anti-P.O vaccine left. So boss, how many vials would u like?

this issue with P.Os is bordering on the ridiculous now
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:57pm On Feb 29, 2008
adeyinkat:

50,000 got 100% while 55,000 gets 19.26%, >100,000 got 7.5% , Duuh am I the only one not amused?

for clarification purposes, what are u trying to say here sir/ma?

pls expantiate
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 2:03pm On Feb 29, 2008
I was told it's in today's guardian
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adeyinkat: 2:06pm On Feb 29, 2008

50,000 got 100% while 55,000 gets 19.26%, >100,000 got 7.5% ,  Duuh am I the only one not amused?

aktopgun:

for clarification purposes, what are u trying to say here sir/ma?

please expantiate

Am saying why give peeps that bought 50k units 100% and someone that got, say, 55k units 19.24%?

100% to 19.24 to 7.5%(for over 100k units) is a bit lopsided. Don't you think?

If you don't want your company hijacked by moneybags, then kuku do a Dangote or Bagco style allotment i.e. only 1K units & below gets 100% C'est fini!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 2:07pm On Feb 29, 2008
@ALL

You guys dey make me laff. The worst offer so far should be Dangote Flour Mills. Imagine placing a 1.5M order only to get a refund of 1.32M after 4 months. What do u think? Better than Japual and Bagco?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:13pm On Feb 29, 2008
We will be able to manage ,abi Aktopgun?Show me the money!

Public offer these days na with sense oo.I have learnt the hard way.Uptil now I never get money back from FBN.Access Bank to,no show.I dey enter NAija for MArch and na handcuff I go use cuff myself to the Manager of FBN,Bolingo hotel branch,Abuja where I buy my shares if I never get my returned money.This one na Nairalanders 4 Justice,e go pass fathers4justice walahi.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:14pm On Feb 29, 2008
adeyinkat:

50,000 got 100% while 55,000 gets 19.26%, >100,000 got 7.5% ,  Duuh am I the only one not amused?

Am saying why give peeps that bought 50k units 100% and someone that got, say, 55k units 19.24%?

100% to 19.24 to 7.5%(for over 100k units) is a bit lopsided. Don't you think?

If you don't want your company hijacked by moneybags, then kuku do a Dangote or Bagco style allotment i.e. only 1K units & below gets 100% C'est fini!

got it. thanks.

i am immune to P.Os now actually and my antibodies just got a booster on seeing the bagco allotment. its not that relevant to me who does the worst P.O of the year (although i think pumping gave that title to afribank a while back cuz post TS their price dropped below the P.O offer)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:17pm On Feb 29, 2008
blueband:

Public offer these days na with sense oo.I have learnt the hard way.Uptil now I never get money back from FBN.Access Bank to,no show.I dey enter NAija for MArch and na handcuff I go use cuff myself to the Manager of FBN,Bolingo hotel branch,Abuja where I buy my shares if I never get my returned money.This one na Nairalanders 4 Justice,e go pass fathers4justice walahi.

omo i dey work na. u wan make dem sack me> cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. i dey roll for floor here ke cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 2:18pm On Feb 29, 2008
@blueband

Broda, I never hear say Access dey refund. Abi they dey refund? What's their allotment like?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:23pm On Feb 29, 2008
People don dey carry their cheques for Access Bank enter bank now.Better pursue your own o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 2:32pm On Feb 29, 2008
blueband:

Public offer these days na with sense oo.I have learnt the hard way.Uptil now I never get money back from FBN.Access Bank to,no show.I dey enter NAija for MArch and[b] na handcuff I go use cuff myself to the Manager of FBN,Bolingo hotel branch,Abuja where I buy my shares if I never get my returned money.This one na Nairalanders 4 Justice,e go pass fathers4justice walahi[/b].

na gel you go gel yourself for im bodi  grin grin grin make you show am sey na you be the original blueband.
i spent 3months for naija last year,couldnt get my DSR refurned from zenith sec,it was always check back next week till i got tired.
they are still hanging unto my money till now,i will be in naija soonest na SEC go settle the case this time.NO MORE PO,IPO,PPO OR PPOO ( WHATEVER THEY CALL IT) FOR ME.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:34pm On Feb 29, 2008
blueband:

People don dey carry their cheques for Access Bank enter bank now.Better pursue your own o.

Yes o. I don spend my Access refund.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 2:35pm On Feb 29, 2008
loma:

And in case you need an explanation on why your portfolio is not doing well, I have one!

"The market was bullish, turned bearish and now you're brokish"

LOL!!! grin grin

And I suppose that if he borrowed the money that he used to play the market, he'll be deadish by the time the creditors come a-knockin'  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:37pm On Feb 29, 2008
My brother SEC is useless.Very useless.You remember the story of Orange drugs?His stockbroker is serving 10 years in prison for defrauding him of 65million naira.I go handcuff myself to the manager and make sure it becomes a police issue.Nobody likes being disturbed,if I disturb them twice them go find my money quick quick.You think I will travel all the way to Nigeria and hear "come back next week"?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 2:38pm On Feb 29, 2008
blueband:

It depends on what your investment plan is and how long you intend to invest.Getting stock going on TS I have realised is not bad afterall.It fits my investment plan very well.I specifically bought DEAPCAP because I suspected it will soon be placed on TS.Now at least I will use up my rights and be sure of no returned money(if they return sef e no go to much).

The NSE is all about sentiments.When a penny stocks gets out of TS there is only one way for it-North!

You be sure to check that cutoff date to qualify for rights oh. Becos if you bought this week, chances are that you won't qualify for rights.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:41pm On Feb 29, 2008
They only went on TS yesterday.Anyway I bought it early last week.You think I won't still qualify?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 2:42pm On Feb 29, 2008
lawalidowu:

@ALL
Skye bank at N20 premium. can this be good?
18.76%

@windywendy
does your analysis show skyebank doing over N25 post TS in the shortest time range.
i mean d same time frame as aiico smashed all barriers (that means to say in the shortest time frame)

This question hard o, and I no come get crystal ball.  grin. I don't know the answer to this question, but if the way that the other good bank stocks that went on TS performed post-TS is anything to go by, i'm not sure you'll be seeing skye bank going to 25 shortly after TS. It might get there but not likely before profit takers do their thing. My opinion o, plus all the usual caveats apply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.