Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,809 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817905 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 9:28am On Feb 29, 2008
tiwantiwa:

i am hearing NigeriaROpes, any info House , forget about using candle , just info ,

What are you going to use the ROPES for? Hope not for suicide? Just kidding. It may be worth looking at, afterall, Oluwaglass is even on BID now grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gonyix: 9:37am On Feb 29, 2008
Hey peeps, I love y'all on this forum, the depth of the analysis and info is unbelievable
keep up the good work.
Has any1 heard anything about the UBA mastercard they offered me one and i have not responded yet. I do have their NRN account and their dom. account.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by GTay(m): 9:57am On Feb 29, 2008
@ loma, more of those pls!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by clickdeoye: 10:00am On Feb 29, 2008
@Pumping, @Aktopgun,

Please 7,000 units of oando, bought at 191. what should be my exit point? Please i want to know if i should leave it till the end of the year or should i sell it off when it gets to a certain %.

Abeg make una help me oh.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by steeviee(m): 10:06am On Feb 29, 2008
hello men and ladies
i have been a way for a long time. I believe i have missed out alot here.

Could anyone please update me on the current private placement that is on.

i will so much appreciate it. easimoni, temmie10, pumping, fatherof2, cracyt etc.

many thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 10:08am On Feb 29, 2008
@All,

What would you consider to be the best premium price to buy Crusader Insurance  currently on TS ? I have been stock piling it for some time now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 10:18am On Feb 29, 2008
LondonCool:

@All,

What would you consider to be the best premium price to buy Crusader Insurance currently on TS ? I have been stock piling it for some time now.

No wonder the thing dey scarce.

Have you being able to add Afrinvest address to your e-mail?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 10:25am On Feb 29, 2008
RoughCut:

I'm sure anyone who has been following the stock agrees medium-long term it is the Real McCoy. If there are signals that peeps are taking profit in the short-term by all means join the party and do a partial CICO/RO-RO.

Going forward it would make anybody's portfolio medium-long term it has made mine.

I read the PO brochure again and i was impressed with the projections for '08 and 09 very bullish indeed so hopefully they get there!

If you want to take profit i'm planning to by the way now that will be blood money!go on soun but it has just made my long-term protfolio. Even for long-term portfolio you can take profit every now and then just get back in again that's how to play the game so either bullish or bearish you can sleep soundly even if you like addd valium to your milkexcuse the pun dollypcute

Do you need me to add CAVEAT EMPTY/EMPTRESS/EMPTOR grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@All

BTW: Any Formula 1 car racing in the house?

RoughCut has spoken, so all the diamond cutting has been done! Make I begin dey go market grin Thanks man
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 10:32am On Feb 29, 2008
Looks like we need to start analysing stocks on TS that are sold at premiuim rates.
some deals might not be bad afterall.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 10:36am On Feb 29, 2008
wanaj0:

No wonder the thing dey scarce.

Have you being able to add Afrinvest address to your e-mail?

@wanaj0,

Thanks! I will be using my Google Mail for correspondence with them instead of Yahoo .

No answer to my Crusader Insurance question ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 10:47am On Feb 29, 2008
clickdeoye:

@Pumping, @Aktopgun,

Please 7,000 units of oando, bought at 191. what should be my exit point? Please i want to know if i should leave it till the end of the year or should i sell it off when it gets to a certain %.

Abeg make una help me oh.

Thanks

Exit? you must be having a laugh. I would hang on to every unit of OandO with my dear life. Do you know what could happen to the stock price once their venture into upstream starts to pay. Well, if you want to know, then sell to me and I'll tell you the story once it sarts to unfold.

Anyway, if you must sell then I'll buy from you at N300/unit. seriously
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 10:47am On Feb 29, 2008
lawalidowu:

Looks like we need to start analysing stocks on TS that are sold at premiuim rates.
some deals might not be bad afterall.

If what you are saying about buying SKYE bank @~N20 is correct so i can tell you now that somehow the price has been bidded up to that level and when it eventually comes off TS we are looking at an opening price in the N20 region.

I just did a quick check even with the additional 3B shares expected from the PO listed you have total outstanding of ~12B and with the 1Q PAT of N2.8B declared

the projected forward PE ratio is ~19.3 which i think makes it very attractive.

I havent factored in oversubscription though. Considering the fact that most other banking stocks have been straddling along of late this one might just be a cut-above the rest!

My thinking though

CAVEAT EMPTOR/EMPTY/EMPTRESS!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:15am On Feb 29, 2008
Ioma,

i hereby christen u with the title of cartoonist extraordinaire, the official nairaland comic relief exponent.

much appreciated and a welcome getaway from the otherwise serious world of PEs and eps and the like.

I fade into the night, guns blazing (Ioma, can i have a cartoon showing the guns of navarone pls, pretty please).

happy investing
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:28am On Feb 29, 2008
aktopgun:

Ioma,

much appreciated and a welcome getaway from the otherwise serious world of PEs and eps and the like.

And PSYCHIATRY!

BTW: Looks like like a lot of peeps didnt see the DEAP CAPITAL TS coming!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 11:35am On Feb 29, 2008
RoughCut:

And PSYCHIATRY!

BTW: Looks like like a lot of peeps didnt see the DEAP CAPITAL TS coming!

another benefit of this thread!! shey its been discussed for a min.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:42am On Feb 29, 2008
Naijadr:

another benefit of this thread!! shey its been discussed for a min.

It was discussed but not a lot of peeps had any concrete info on what was happening! No wonder its been on net offer for a few days.

A lot of peeps who had an inkling of what was coming were trying to offload

NSE i hail thee!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 11:46am On Feb 29, 2008
RoughCut:

It was discussed but not a lot of peeps had any concrete info on what was happening! No wonder its been on net offer for a few days.

A lot of peeps who had an inkling of what was coming were trying to offload

NSE i hail thee!

Oga but from around N3 in Dec to around N11 in Jan, that one na blood money ooooo, see as greed don catch them o grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:54am On Feb 29, 2008
Naijadr:

Oga but from around N3 in Dec to around N11 in Jan, that one na blood money ooooo, see as greed don catch them o grin

The trick is knowing when to get out but that one dey hard o. As long as objectives are met just bail out what happens after is less relevant even if the price come triple just move on and get ready for the next one!

I spent a greater part of last year pitching for Japaul and CI Leasing but me i don commot even did partial CICO/RO-RO first time round and now full CICO  so anything that happens not sure its going to be a big deal by the way is of less concern to me.

I dey wait for NEGRIS now or wetin dem call am again?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:05pm On Feb 29, 2008
Naijadr:

WEMA is one lesson i will never forget in a hurry! Even after offloading almost 100KG i still get about 25KG payload on board the WEMA jet that has so far refused to take-off
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:07pm On Feb 29, 2008
It depends on what your investment plan is and how long you intend to invest.Getting stock going on TS I have realised is not bad afterall.It fits my investment plan very well.I specifically bought DEAPCAP cos I suspected it will soon be placed on TS.Now at least I will use up my rights and be sure of no returned money(if they return sef e no go to much).

The NSE is all about sentiments.When a penny stocks gets out of TS there is only one way for it-North!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 12:11pm On Feb 29, 2008
I think though that its good if you can guarantee that the price gain post TS will be worth it. If we are talking like 120% post TS like COSTAIN or something then thats fine waiting the 2-3mths, but if we are talking 25% gain, it just might not be worth it.

@RoughCut, I'm even thinking of getting some JaPaul which I think might still climb due to sentiments. What do u think?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Uluo(f): 12:14pm On Feb 29, 2008
Oga Wanajo,
who is this your super superman psychadelic broker? I need a new broker ASAP.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:17pm On Feb 29, 2008
blueband:

It depends on what your investment plan is and how long you intend to invest.Getting stock going on TS I have realised is not bad afterall.It fits my investment plan very well.I specifically bought DEAPCAP because I suspected it will soon be placed on TS.Now at least I will use up my rights and be sure of no returned money(if they return sef e no go to much).

The NSE is all about sentiments.When a penny stocks gets out of TS there is only one way for it-North!

make i talk for here small.

i personally think the phrase "penny stock" is becoming a misnomer in the NSE nowadays. They are going extinct like the dinosaurs of jurassic park. the definitions used in the past to define penny stocks is becoming obsolete with each passing day.

its also not the case many times that a so called penny stock will head to maiduguri, even the so called pennystock. this phenomenon of prices coming off TS and moving on to bernin kebbi is a very recent and fallible development as Bros wanajo has pointed out to us in the past.
Still choose the companies carefully sha and i think deap cap is one of the good ones, whether or not the price goes to lake chad post TS
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:31pm On Feb 29, 2008
blueband:

It depends on what your investment plan is and how long you intend to invest.Getting stock going on TS I have realised is not bad afterall.It fits my investment plan very well.I specifically bought DEAPCAP because I suspected it will soon be placed on TS.Now at least I will use up my rights and be sure of no returned money(if they return sef e no go to much).

Fundamentally sound stocks YES by all means buy before going on TS and do partial RO-RO at least that way you don commot profit and you can use your profit somewhere else. Even if you get caught in the TS web no 'wahala' it just means you roll over the stock to your long-term portfolio as long they are fundamentally SOUND stocks!

I have been accumulating COSTAIN and SKYEBANK before they went on TS and i tell you for a fact i don hammer BIG-TIME with Costain o! That one na blood money. I can do partial CICO now to remove profit and enter again when the profit takers have done their song and dance routine ala the windy lady herself

Buying CICO/RORO stocks with dodgy and wonky fundamentals and getting caught by  TS is a No No for me and a recipe for HBP and Hypertension!

So for CICO and RO-RO set a target like FO2 will always advise and bail out when targets are met. For dodgy stocks when i do CICO and/or RO-RO i do full CICO and that's it for me!

I don do Full RO-RO for bank PHB and if i want i fit re-enter again before Q3 action depending on where the price is at. According to FO2 Q3 and FY are the important milestones if you are timing company results

Abi no be so FO2?

I have long-term portfolio so CICO and RO-RO na addition to the bottom-line for me! The long-term portfolio is a hedge against when the bears come visiting
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:41pm On Feb 29, 2008
E b like this ABC go drop reach 3 naira by next week friday o! angry angry angry angry, just joking but it has lost a lot of blood today again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igetwicked: 12:50pm On Feb 29, 2008
Hello People

Can someone give me the telephone number for Cashcraft in Abuja or Lagos please.For over one month I have been trying to get my money out and all I hear is stories.In the last 3 days my account officer's mobile has been off.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 12:53pm On Feb 29, 2008
loma:

5 signs you are spending too much time in the office!

You celebrate your wedding anniversary by conducting a performance review.

You decide to re-org your family into a "team-based organization."

You end every argument with your spouse by saying "let's talk about this off-line".

You give constructive feedback to your housemaid

You insist that you do some more market research before you and your spouse produce another child.

grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Emmay(m): 12:59pm On Feb 29, 2008
What do u guys think, is UNIVERSAL INSURANCE a good buy for the short term? plz i need answers,

Emmay
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 1:01pm On Feb 29, 2008
loma:

For those who invest in stocks without fundamentals, this could be you!

Well, as long as they have a high appetite for risk, no problem
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:02pm On Feb 29, 2008
Naijadr:

I think though that its good if you can guarantee that the price gain post TS will be worth it. If we are talking like 120% post TS like COSTAIN or something then thats fine waiting the 2-3mths, but if we are talking 25% gain, it just might not be worth it.

@RoughCut, I'm even thinking of getting some JaPaul which I think might still climb due to sentiments. What do u think?

Hmnnn that one is very interesting though. looking at the charts technically and candidlyAktopcandle comes to mind the candles are forming what is called a Doji which means the opening price is more or less equal to the closing price so looks like there's not going to be any turbulence soon.

What sayest though Aktopcandle cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The RSI is in the 50's which means its trending and therefore confirms what the candles are saying there's not going to be a tubulence soon. Momentum is not too far away from the zero-line which is a sign that its neither OVERBOUGHT nor OVERSOLD. If you enter don't expect a sudden upside or downside soonest.

Fundamentally speaking the FY is March and the PO shares are going to be listed that makes a total of ~2.5B shares outstanding that gives roughly a projected forward PE in the 70's which is wayyyyyyyyyyy toooooooo high in anybody's book.

But then the rumours of bonus which i personally think is suicidal could jerk up the price you never know.

I think they are planning a supplementary offer to absorb the excess subscription

If you ask me i don't see much upside in the short-medium term. My opinion though!

If you are in it for the long-term  MAY BE but don't forget they are located in the Niger-Delta area with the attendant uprisings not being resolved is bound to impact them in some form
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:19pm On Feb 29, 2008
DEAP CAPITAL gave a dividend of 13K and bonus of 1 for 2 and they are on TS! I'm sure there's something i must be missing.

I would have thought announce the goodies first and allow the feel-good factor to push up the price a bit more and go on TS!

BTW: anybody looking at the volumes for Intercontinental Bank looks like there's something in the offing!

Either some peeps have seen the unaudited FYE if there's one or they are getting ready for a share reconstruction. They are in pole-position to do a share reconstruction
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 1:20pm On Feb 29, 2008
Naijadr:

Many have bought stocks and waited for a whole year to get 15% cap appreciation! The important thing is that the stock has its fundamentals and a future.

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.