Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,146 members, 7,845,792 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817903 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Blenheim(m): 11:15pm On Feb 28, 2008
My broker got me RTBriscoe at 32 bucks. can anyone predict an exit price or is it too high?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:18pm On Feb 28, 2008
debenzd:

@ easimoni

So would u say that some of the losses today point to the fact that one bear one come out from the woods?

@ easimoni, shigidi and pumping

If you had cash what would you rather buy from the list below? (Only one stock)

NB
NWicable
Footwear
Eternaoil
1st Alum
UTNL (kaduna Refinery should be back on stream soon as Newtwork news today so they may reopen their Nothern factory. Who knows )
Afprint
CIleasing
Japaul

NB is a very good buy you may not make so much short term.

Most of the stocks on that list is a gamble if you are entering now. The fundamentals are wacky. You don't need recommendation from anybody. Only if your instincts agree.

I still hold plenty of Japaul and CIleasing because my instincts tell me they are not done yet and the rumour about both of them regarding end of year goodies persist.

For Japaul, PO shares do not qualify for bonus or dividends so I believe these shares cannot be listed before closure of the register. Otherwise you will have shares of Japaul that qualify for dividends and those that don't qualify for dividends being traded at the same time on the floor.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:26pm On Feb 28, 2008
Blenheim:

My broker got me RTBriscoe at 32 bucks. can anyone predict an exit price or is it too high?

I don't think it is too high. The price has been hovering around N28 and N33 in the last 3 months and it's not always easy to get a stock at the lowest possible price.

The catch is the full year results and the kind of goodies that come with it. There are rumours but I want to leave it at that.

This can help you determine an exit point or even decide to hold on medium or long term.

I have a bit of the stock and I can't say I have an exit price right now.

The result may be fantastic as expected because the news making the rounds is that they were not even able to meet up with demand. Maybe, maybe not.

There are only 450M shares so if the result is very good, northward movement won't be so hard.

It's all up to you. Caveat Emptor.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jonyjoscom(m): 11:40pm On Feb 28, 2008
@esimoni
thank you for your link but ibi like se i no see the list of the outstanding shares of any company for the link, abi na me no sabi look? abeg, if any website they where i fit download am, make you tell me .

Thanks for your concern.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 11:50pm On Feb 28, 2008
One day on nairaland equal 7 pages on the average
Hmmm!

5 working day equals 30 pages lipsrsealed
At this rate who says there is nothing happening on the NSE
Keep it up folks got some vital pointers today,
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 11:55pm On Feb 28, 2008
loma:

Anyone with some news on Aba Textiles?

http://www.businessdayonline.com/analysis/features/4784.html

Picture man,
Why not put your money somewhere with some fundamentals,
Well I dont know anything abt the coy but all I can say is textile and generally manufacturing coys are suffering in Nigeria, meaning they cant sustain any prices, Read Wanaj0's lips PAT may not really be different even after 3-4 years. NO PHCN yet, LPFO is trading like crude,
If you want to CICO then at least find a semi-fundamental coy that if NSE craze then u wont be visiting Aktopgun.
Happy investing.
Caveat emptor
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 12:11am On Feb 29, 2008
Afprint holders, I would sell tomorrow if I were in your shoes or am I grin grin.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 12:18am On Feb 29, 2008
Geees:

Picture man,
Why not put your money somewhere with some fundamentals,
Well I don't know anything about the coy but all I can say is textile and generally manufacturing coys are suffering in Nigeria, meaning they can't sustain any prices, Read Wanaj0's lips PAT may not really be different even after 3-4 years. NO PHCN yet, LPFO is trading like crude,
If you want to CICO then at least find a semi-fundamental coy that if NSE craze then u wont be visiting Aktopgun.
Happy investing.
Caveat emptor

Picture man cool This kind name wacky o! Me I no dey buy Aba textile, I still dey young o. I just came across the news ,so I decided to ask as we hear of UNTL 's bones rising.

I am on CICO sabattical for this week, my superman broker decided to go out of office,come leave my orders to super-chicken brokers! Chei!

Poser: If you had an investment that ensured a fixed returns of 10% monthly, would you rather put your money there or put it in the Stock Market where you could make 100% in 3 weeks (like I did on berger Paints) or -10 % as in Wapco?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:28am On Feb 29, 2008
Hey fellas. just getting back home. busy night.

ON AFRIBANK, upward did justice to it but some slight corrections.

@prince11, i think u are reading my mail cheesy cheesy. i have partner passes for excel and booked my leave for the day before sef. i have a lot so if u need just give me ur address make i rush some to u via post. u know excel bg gaan. cheesy cheesy

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ManJiro(m): 12:34am On Feb 29, 2008
@ AKTOPGUN et al

Do you know the implications if an offer is underwritten to the the tune of 60% or 100%
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 1:07am On Feb 29, 2008
£
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 1:23am On Feb 29, 2008
@ Man Jiro

AKT probably asleep now.

I think there is a recent requirement that all offers must be underwritten to the tune of 80% minimum.
It means that the underwriter agrees to buy this amount of the shares if the public does not.

IBTC underwrote Presco some years ago but the public did not take up all the shares so IBTC had to buy the balance.
Underwriting has expanded the practice of preferential allotment which allows the underwriters to determine who gets the shares in POs. The SEC has banned preferential allotment from April, I think.

Transcorp did not underwrite their PO. Either they were overconfident from the triumphant private placement or could not get takers. The result was that when it was only 30% subscribed the company could not get the shortfall from any other source except to borrow from the banks.

Hope this helps.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ManJiro(m): 1:35am On Feb 29, 2008
@ Samstone4

Thanks, your post clarifies my question well.

So Transcorp did not actually get the money they hope to revamp Nitel/M-tel with from the PO. 70% reduction in capital is major.

Thanks for the info
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 3:04am On Feb 29, 2008
easimoni:

I've been well, now in semi-retirement because this thread dey move too fast.  grin
Trans expr: I don hammer true true.  grin I dey exit mañana!
No wahala for Longman. I was peeved I couldn't get more units before the rocket took off. 28 is too rich for my blood but I'll get more if it hits 25.

Sit on your cash; I smell a bear coming! (crystal ball? actually an RSI plot of the NSE index is showing some cracks)

Walahi, we be twin brother - or i resemble you too much. I was partly happy today, until i found out that the thing no drop - as it would have made a good candidate for that price come tomorrow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 4:25am On Feb 29, 2008
5 signs you are spending too much time in the office!

You celebrate your wedding anniversary by conducting a performance review.

You decide to re-org your family into a "team-based organization."

You end every argument with your spouse by saying "let's talk about this off-line".

You give constructive feedback to your housemaid

You insist that you do some more market research before you and your spouse produce another child.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 4:29am On Feb 29, 2008
You can still join the Transcorp ride below

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 4:30am On Feb 29, 2008
For those who invest in stocks without fundamentals, this could be you!

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 4:32am On Feb 29, 2008
And those who put money into CAPOIL,AFROIL and Bigtreat at high prices, its been a jolly ride,right?

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 4:36am On Feb 29, 2008
If your portfolio was bearish this week, take heart for the bulls are on their way again!

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 4:41am On Feb 29, 2008
And in case you need an explanation on why your portfolio is not doing well, I have one!

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gonyix: 4:50am On Feb 29, 2008
how about rokana industries, did anyone notice that stock pops up every now & then since Yaradua took over govt?
do y'all know why? because the owner na the minister for comazfor naija i been do de watch am since the new govt.
before it was a dead coy soon the stock will be skyrocketing like that coy wey de make or abi then de sell agidi oil u know which one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:25am On Feb 29, 2008
Go loma Go!! grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:38am On Feb 29, 2008
@RoughCut, oga so I'm sticking with COSTAIN long term, looks a lot more lucrative more long term, or even in the next 12mths. What do u think? Fundamentals are great, and I think they can meet up what was speculated in their prospectus.
That it unless it goes mad and jumps to something crazy like N80 or something by June grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 6:55am On Feb 29, 2008
OBAMA RULES THE WORLD!!!

Ku Klux Klan Endorses Obama

KENTUCKY - USA - Imperial Wizard, Ronald Edwards has stated that, "anything is better than Hillary Clinton."

http://www.dailysquib.co.uk/?c=117&a=1227
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 7:42am On Feb 29, 2008
@pumping, thanks. I get the drift!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 7:57am On Feb 29, 2008
@ALL
Skye bank at N20 premium. can this be good?
18.76%

@windywendy
does ur analysis show skyebank doing over N25 post TS in the shortest time range.
i mean d same time frame as aiico smashed all barriers (that means to say in the shortest time frame)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 8:06am On Feb 29, 2008
Naijadr:

@RoughCut, oga so I'm sticking with COSTAIN long term, looks a lot more lucrative more long term, or even in the next 12mths. What do u think? Fundamentals are great, and I think they can meet up what was speculated in their prospectus.
That it unless it goes mad and jumps to something crazy like N80 or something by June grin

I'm sure anyone who has been following the stock agrees medium-long term it is the Real McCoy. If there are signals that peeps are taking profit in the short-term by all means join the party and do a partial CICO/RO-RO.

Going forward it would make anybody's portfolio medium-long term it has made mine.

I read the PO brochure again and i was impressed with the projections for '08 and 09 very bullish indeed so hopefully they get there!

If you want to take profit i'm planning to by the way now that will be blood money!go on soun but it has just made my long-term protfolio. Even for long-term portfolio you can take profit every now and then just get back in again that's how to play the game so either bullish or bearish you can sleep soundly even if you like addd valium to your milkexcuse the pun dollypcute

Do you need me to add CAVEAT EMPTY/EMPTRESS/EMPTOR grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@All

BTW: Any Formula 1 car racing fan in the house?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 8:18am On Feb 29, 2008
lawalidowu:

@ALL
Skye bank at N20 premium. can this be good?
18.76%

@windywendy
does your analysis show skyebank doing over N25 post TS in the shortest time range.
i mean d same time frame as aiico smashed all barriers (that means to say in the shortest time frame)

Na wa o! So all those who have been moving the stock are buying at a premium. I would say a risky YES for the simple fact those who have been buying are creating some sort of scarcity so the price will keep going to MaiduguriHmnnnnnn another blood money! for a while until peeps start taking profit when the certs are released so its a likely scenario.

CAVEAT EMPTY/EMPTOR/EMPTRESS!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 8:24am On Feb 29, 2008
i am hearing NigeriaROpes, any info House , forget about using candle , just info ,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 8:42am On Feb 29, 2008
@WANAJO AND EASIMONI

any idea when skyebank will be coming off TS? +/- 2weeks window.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 8:50am On Feb 29, 2008
barge:

@ Roughcut,
   howz the going. I need 5 years to become a Guru and another ten years of learning and practise for me to add Emeritus join am. am still W.I.P  and i dey learn from all my Ogas.

Bro i throway salute o how bodi?

Mesef i be work-in-progress that's why i'm still a rough cut diamond that has not yet been polished cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Welcome back to the fold

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.