Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,912 members, 7,863,162 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:26 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820308 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2008
RoughCut:

You don dey put motor for reverse o FYE is March! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So you can sell towards the end of March just by the time the shares are listed and hopefully the profit takers will help to push down the price a bit so we can enter again as FYE results are expected around May

Ahh yes now, since its march it wont be released till may-june, so if we sell by end of march. Profit takers will bring price down in April abi?
Say NO to spreadsheet profit grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2008
Naijadr:

Ahh yes now, since its march it wont be released till may-june, so if we sell by end of march. Profit takers will bring price down in April abi?
Say NO to spreadsheet profit grin

Ha Tufiakwa spreadsheet profit ke? God forbid bad thing. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes o even you go fit enter again before they release FYE results. So timing is very critical as soon as they don close register na im be say na signal to begin take profit be dat
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lumidii: 8:01pm On Mar 05, 2008
Vitafoam has gone back on STRONG BID, after firing a sale order for half of my holdings. Can any of the chartists relate what the candles say? I've been on this one since late january.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 8:03pm On Mar 05, 2008
RoughCut:

Ha Tufiakwa spreadsheet profit ke? God forbid bad thing. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes o even you go fit enter again before they release FYE results. So timing is very critical as soon as they don close register na im be say na signal to begin take profit be that

So makes sense that price is climbing, some folks are trying to get in so they can qualify for supposed bonus (if any) and dividends, another NSE cultural element grin
register will prob close same time PO is listed that 3rd week of march or so, so another 2 weeks max of enjoyment dey!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2008
Naijadr:

register will prob close same time PO is listed that 3rd week of march or so, so another 2 weeks max of enjoyment dey!

And Advancement grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 8:16pm On Mar 05, 2008
Naijadr:

So makes sense that price is climbing, some folks are trying to get in so they can qualify for supposed bonus (if any) and dividends, another NSE cultural element grin

The fear of profit-takers is the beginning of wisdom cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:43pm On Mar 05, 2008
Naijadr:

I don't expect any bonus for Costain unless they want to to do like 1 for 100. This is because new shares from the PO also qualify. That will be suicide.

As per dividends, check the prospectus. There is no dividend forecasted for 2008. Zero. They are projecting 65k for 2009 and N1.50k for 2010.

So, there will be no dividend and no bonus when they announce 2008 results. These, combined with a projected PE of over 100, the high nominal price and over 1B outstanding shares (more than 80% of which was bought at N14 or less during the PO) will translate to a sure movement down south with investors trying to lock in profit from the PO shares.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mastermove: 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2008
pumping in every day english does that mean one should not buy japauloil now or wait till it bleeds a bit more
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2008
mastermove:

pumping in every day english does that mean one should not buy japauloil now or wait till it bleeds a bit more

My instinct tells me Japaul is not bleeding much further than it has done now in the short term.

Also since PO subscribers cannot dilute the price for now, I consider it a good CICO opportunity at the moment if you have the liver. If you target it tomorrow and it falls, you can still get it at a lower price than today.

You mean say na candlestick Japanese I dey yarn? grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by VIPICO(m): 8:57pm On Mar 05, 2008
Ok Windy and Pumping777 thanx.
I'll bail out. Greed don do me something before.I'm still reeling from the pains after 4 months
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 8:58pm On Mar 05, 2008
andico34:

@ LUMI DII
THIS IS THE LINK TO THE UPLOADED FILE

MASS TELECOMS PP

http://www.esnips.com/doc/fee47652-da23-441d-bcd3-070ae6af7052/Mass-Telecom-Innovation-PP-memo smiley smiley
Done.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Huckabee: 9:07pm On Mar 05, 2008
My friends,

It's been a heckuva run, but when the inevitable is staring you in the face, you accept it. So I have decided to move on with life after losing to John ,despite my reliance on miracles.

Since I am jobless, I might as well invest the remnants of the funds I raised in the NSE.

So brothers and sisters in the Lord, help a brother out; in which stock can I put $20,000 for a CICO ( I just learnt that word; I actually did a CICO out of the Republican primaries).

I am looking at a decent gain of 25 % in a month after broker's commisions.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mastermove: 9:10pm On Mar 05, 2008
thanx pumping its just that sometimes I need things explained in pidgin or evreyday grama-- u are the man
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 9:17pm On Mar 05, 2008
VIPICO:

Ok Windy and Pumping777 thanx.
I'll bail out. Greed don do me something before.I'm still reeling from the pains after 4 months

Tell us the story now, so that we may learn smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lumidii: 9:27pm On Mar 05, 2008
K2:

It says the link is incomplete.
@Lumidii could you please email me the soft copy (at) dot com. Thanks

It has been sent to your mail, but shine your eyes o.

Trailer load of caveats for this one o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sashsupo(m): 9:28pm On Mar 05, 2008
I beg people, is AGLEVENT a good buy at the current price of 14.95?

I see that it's seems a bit scared on NSE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sashsupo(m): 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2008
sash_supo:

I beg guys, anybody sabi another site that I can create a portfolio and upload my shares just like NigerianSecurities.com?

I eventually got a good one at InvestorDelight.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2008
lumidii:

It has been sent to your mail, but shine your eyes o.

Trailer load of caveats for this one o.

I'm just scanning through but looks kinda bumpy. One place they forecast 5k for '08 EPS another they forecasted 1.76 for '07 EPS but already has 1.56 eps for 9 months. They also took a huge loss in '06. Na wa sef. Would try and take a closer look tonight.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2008
@gurus,anyone,
pls what do u guys think about dunlop, pls madam wendy and madam yodi, pls input too, not forgetting madam naijadr,

thanks,

pls candles will be helpful too, thanks grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by elemu(m): 10:00pm On Mar 05, 2008
K2:

Done.
@ K2
What do you mean done?. The link is broken, no one can download the thing
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:03pm On Mar 05, 2008
dunlop looks to be coming down
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 10:08pm On Mar 05, 2008
What Telecomms companies are REALLY doing PPs?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 10:09pm On Mar 05, 2008
2aktopgun, first congratson yur 1000th post

please do u mean its going to come down, even with it going up, at what price do u think it will come down and stop and go up

hmmm, please elaborate, please oh please thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 10:11pm On Mar 05, 2008
elemu:

@ K2
What do you mean done?. The link is broken, no one can download the thing

The way the link broke and the screen was showing funny red ,I thought the link was a virus
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2008
@Pumping777

Hi.Could you please explain how selling GDR would DILUTE already existing shares.You mentioned this in the example of Diamond bank

I have Diamond with roughly 8 billion plus outstanding shares before the GDR offer,which I felt was pretty advantageous allowing for current EPS of,I think,N1.10.

How then does GDR sales affect?Does the sale of GDR translate to conversion to new shares?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2008
@ nkc

how time flies ehn.

i mean it will likely drop some in the coming days. its a turnaround company and has ridden on the back of that story till now. the year end is dec 31st i think, so its very possible that any anticipated profits have been worked into this price rise already in anticipation of the results. in the short term it will likely drop from what i can see from its chart
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2008
@ AktopGUNNER

how you see the match?I was thrilled.Congratulations
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:19pm On Mar 05, 2008
rasputinn:

@ AktopGUNNER

how you see the match?I was thrilled.Congratulations

u should know my persuasions by now rasputin. I DO NOT SUPPORT "THAT TEAM". just to recap them for u grin grin

ManU4life
obama4president
investnowinvestwiselyinvestwell
there is wisdom in a multitude of counsel
jesusrulz
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 10:20pm On Mar 05, 2008
@aktopgun,
thanks
so i should pull out then, entered at 5.2, d first time i asked u about it ,today is 6.99, u advice i jump out, caveat empty and well, or do u have a price i shld look at, don't worry, just yur opinion, cave at temple grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 10:20pm On Mar 05, 2008
deleted
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 10:20pm On Mar 05, 2008
@ Andico34

The meagload to MTI pp has not worked.
Can you please check.

Thanks.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 10:24pm On Mar 05, 2008
@Texas, Ohio and Rhode Island Obamanators. No WE COULDN'T grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.