Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,678 members, 7,865,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:00 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820709 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:26pm On Mar 05, 2008
nkc:

@aktopgun,
thanks
so i should pull out then, entered at 5.2, d first time  i asked u about it ,today is 6.99, u advice i jump out, caveat empty and well, or do u have a price i shld look at, don't worry, just yur opinion, cave at temple grin

it would all depend on what u wanted to achieve with it when u bought. what time frame were u buying it for? has it met ur set target? are u willing to wait for it when it does drop? if u sell now, will u be making a profit at a level acceptable to u and if not, do u see it appreciating to ur exit point and how long are u willing to wait for it to get there?

having said all that I would lock in some of the profit and leave some to simmer and percolate there for when the results are out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 10:27pm On Mar 05, 2008
AKtopGUNNER,
Why has ABC not been available for sometime now.
I learnt Japaul rights was 170% subscribed (good news).This is turning out to be a killer stock for me,it and tripple G.
Are the rights allotments out(for Japaul i.e)?if you've seen it pls give me the link,as I've offloaded the first batch I bought @ 3.7 last year,for 14.0 per unit
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2008
C & I Leasing don vex again and it is now on net bid. One day we go sabi wetin dey cook inside this company sha. If na bonus make someone carry the strong rumour come na grin grin grin

Make I take hand cover my own jeje.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:34pm On Mar 05, 2008
@rasputin

on ABC ur guess is as good as mine. i believe its windy's baby and my best guess is that its on net bid & is scarce

on japaul, i haven't seen any allotment document apart from the one posted here. Japaul's fundamentals arent good and i am one of those waiting for a listing to sell off the shares i bought before i was treated for P.Oitis.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 10:37pm On Mar 05, 2008
@Pumping

Abeg answer my question to you please.Several posts up.Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2008
@aktopcandle,
to be frank, i had a target of 8naira, i am thinking it might get there before profit takers set in, but from what ur seeing from d candle room, its liek it may not get there cry cry cry, well, cry cry cry. by d time i sleep and wake , i would have decided on my next action cry cry cry. thank u very much for yur responses

if i lock in on some profit,and leave d rest d fear if it gets down and at what resistance level is it going to stop at, is what i dont knw of,so by munin,i would be ready to decide, thanks wink wink wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:40pm On Mar 05, 2008
CI leasing

everytime i see this comapny's share price i cringe. it pains me too much. it is on its 5th cycle since mid november 07 and has no signs of stopping. A stock i looked into but was able to talk myself out of it at N5. shows u what i know doesnt it
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2008
@peep,

ps who has rumours on GTB
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:43pm On Mar 05, 2008
rasputinn:

AKtopGUNNER,
I learnt Japaul rights was 170% subscribed (good news).This is turning out to be a killer stock for me,it and tripple G.
Are the rights allotments out(for Japaul i.e)?if you've seen it please give me the link,as I've offloaded the first batch I bought @ 3.7 last year,for 14.0 per unit

I hope you did not do Japaul PO like me. The allocation go make you vex o.

See am attached so. You may need to save the file locally first.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:44pm On Mar 05, 2008
rasputinn:

AKtopGUNNER,
Are the rights allotments out(for Japaul i.e)?if you've seen it please give me the link,as I've offloaded the first batch I bought @ 3.7 last year,for 14.0 per unit

I hope you did not do Japaul PO like me. The allocation go make you vex o.

See am attached so. You may need to save the file locally first.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 10:44pm On Mar 05, 2008
samstone4:

@ Andico34

The meagload to MTI pp has not worked.
Can you please check.

Thanks.

Samstone4 cool cool

My friend went to submit his form for 1.5m worth of MTI pp and was told it'd closed ,very strange indeedangry angry angry angry angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:45pm On Mar 05, 2008
nkc:

@aktopcandle,
to be frank, i had a target of 8naira, i am thinking it might get there before profit takers set in, but from what your seeing from d candle room, its liek it may not get there cry cry cry, well, cry cry cry. by d time i sleep and wake , i would have decided on my next action cry cry cry. thank u very much for yur responses

if i lock in on some profit,and leave d rest d fear if it gets down and at what resistance level is it going to stop at, is what i don't knw of,so by munin,i would be ready to decide, thanks wink wink wink

why do u htink it wont get to N8? because of what i said? it may get to N8 but the question is when? i dont know how long u hav eto wait for it but if N8 is ur exit price originally, why sell now cuz of some little turbulence? Patience is always a virtue in this and all other investments abi.

dont be surprised if any downturn doesnt last more than a few days. lock some in and watch is what i would do
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 10:45pm On Mar 05, 2008
samstone4:

@ Andico34

The meagload to MTI pp has not worked.
Can you please check.

Thanks.

Samstone4 cool cool

Check out this link on stockmarket nigeria. http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/private-placements/1135-mass-telecom-innovation-ltd.html#post12730 The upload sites are firewalled from where I am.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 10:49pm On Mar 05, 2008
@aktopcandle,

thanks very much for yur reply cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:50pm On Mar 05, 2008
Krrush:

@Pumping777

Hi.Could you please explain how selling GDR would DILUTE already existing shares.You mentioned this in the example of Diamond bank

I have Diamond with roughly 8 billion plus outstanding shares before the GDR offer,which I felt was pretty advantageous allowing for current EPS of,I think,N1.10.

How then does GDR sales affect?Does the sale of GDR translate to conversion to new shares?

GDR shares can be converted to ordinary shares. In the case of Diamond Bank, you can elect to have this conversion done at source at no cost. So it means suddenly last week my CSCS account was loaded with a couple of hundred thousands of Diamond bank Ordinary bank shares. Cost price? N16.50 in December so there is decent profit in 2 months.

Diamond listed an additional 3.759B ordinary shares in December '07 because of the GDR. That is the dilution. They had 9.399B shares outstanding before. Now they have over 13B.

The number of outstanding shares alone is not the only problem. The problem is that potentially, there are over 3B shares bought in December at N16.50 that are available for sale now. There is a decent 25% profit after tax so profit takers will take advantage and this might affect the price short term.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:50pm On Mar 05, 2008
@pumping

if the <50,000 units getting full alottment ratio is correct, then i get full allotment which can't be bad can it  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 10:51pm On Mar 05, 2008
@ pumping.,

No I didn't buy the p.o which was 400% subsribed.I bought from the rights issue which @ 170% (though over subscribed) gives me a better chance of higher allotment than the p.o

Honestly Japaul is one stock that I made some decent cheese from already and I will still deploy the strategy of CISI(cash in stay in) to reap maximum ROI
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 10:52pm On Mar 05, 2008
@ Rasputinn

In the Japaul public offer only those who applied for 50,000 or less got 100% allotment.
I think 50,001 to 200,000 was about 17% and about 5.5% when it exceeds 500,000 units.

The additional rights were little better: about 9% if you applied for additional 500,000 and above.

These are ballpark figures from memory.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lumidii: 10:55pm On Mar 05, 2008
rasputinn:

My friend went to submit his form for 1.5m worth of MTI pp and was told it'd closed ,very starnge indeedangry angry angry angry angry

Err, which of the issuers did your friend go to? Was it one of the brokers, or banks? The lead issuer is still accepting application forms for MTI PP.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2008
aktopgun:

@pumping

if the <50,000 units getting full alottment ratio is correct, then i get full allotment which can't be bad can it grin

Yes o. Lucky you. Na only 5.5% allotment me go get.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 11:02pm On Mar 05, 2008
Brother me Pumping - You see sey i dey salute you, i need favour be that,

Analyze this for me, i am currently out of cash and i have Zenith & UBA hanging - would you consider pulling out 50% on both for a quick 20-30% gain?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Daddyzee: 11:03pm On Mar 05, 2008
[/quote]C & I Leasing don vex again and it is now on net bid. One day we go sabi wetin dey cook inside this company sha. If na bonus make someone carry the strong rumour come na    

Make I take hand cover my own jeje. [quote]

My brother,

I had loose dough in one of my accounts my better 'judgement' was in favour of dumping all in Oceanic and see how it goes. The broker (actually the head of research in his firm) encouraged me to  split the dough into two and do C&I and Unilever 50/50. I entered yesterday. According to him, their results are due soon and so much restructuring is going on at the moment. He hinted at a bonus issue by both company and he gave a 3-4months horison. According to him, Oceanic UBA Zenith and Diamondall have a 9-11month horison. I am not too good at the market and I may need to put in more dough within the next few days.

What's your take?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 11:06pm On Mar 05, 2008
@Pumping

Thanks.Very clear.I presume there is no wahala of verification and that sort of thing.

Meanwhile I'm saddened,No wonder ZSL research paper have Diamonds price projections as they do.(Dont know how to lift data from one place to another,otherwise would have pasted this).I'm toast.Didn't factor this dilusion when I was busy hankering for Diamond shares 2 weeks back. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad : . . . . . . . . . 13 billion shares outstanding! What have I done?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:06pm On Mar 05, 2008
pumping777:

Yes o. Lucky you. Na only 5.5% allotment me go get.

Pumping, the theory is if you applied for (say) 600k units, you'd get (say) 10% based on the "sliding scale" (I no know if na the correctgrammar be that o!) allotmemnt. When you get your cert, pls lemme know if that's what it worked out to.

BTW thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 11:13pm On Mar 05, 2008
Daddyzee - Oceanic is safe, and definitely you would get your returns. But, your broker might be right about the horizon, remember there are still quaterly results, and those would move the likes of oceanic before the big day.

Unilever & CIleasing, if it is a loose dough, i do not think you have much to loose as long as you are Sure you have a superman broker.

Remember - All caveat applies

BTW - read previous posting on CIleasing, i have only advised based on Technicals - and if is use Fundals, i would not go near any of those stocks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:13pm On Mar 05, 2008
easimoni:

Pumping, the theory is if you applied for (say) 600k units, you'd get (say) 10% based on the "sliding scale" (I no know if na the correctgrammar be that o!) allotmemnt. When you get your cert, please let me know if that's what it worked out to.

BTW thanks.

For 600k unit you will get 2% from the main allotment and 0.25% from the supplementary allotment making 2.5% angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 11:15pm On Mar 05, 2008
"Nigerian Breweries Plc has released its full year result for the period ended December 31, 2007 to the floor of the Nigeria Stock Exchange. The company which is one of the gaints in the breweries sub sector on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange was able to increase its turnover for the period by 29.5 percent. From N86.3 billion in the same period in 2006 to N111.7 billion in 2007. Profit before tax for the period grew by 69.6 percent from N16.4 billion in 2006 to N27.8 billion in 2007.
After tax profit also increased by 73.8 percent from N10.9 billion in 2006 to N18.9 billion in 2007.The board of the company has proposed a dividend per share of 195 kobo. The closure date is April 15, 2008 and payment date is May 29, 2008"

Ah ah, cest finit?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:17pm On Mar 05, 2008
SavvyLanre:

Brother me Pumping - You see sey i dey salute you, i need favour be that,

Analyze this for me, i am currently out of cash and i have Zenith & UBA hanging - would you consider pulling out 50% on both for a quick 20-30% gain?

Be like me and sell all your Zenith and UBA. Yes, I sold UBA at a marginal loss sef and Zenith at a marginal gain.

Caveat Emptor o.

I sold all and entererd Beta Glass, CI Leasing and Lawunion. I took profit from Beta Glass and Lawunion today already. More money in a week than those 2 stocks could give me in 3 months. Those stocks were just gyrating in my portfolio for the last 3 months or so.

When the time is right, I will consider the banks again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:21pm On Mar 05, 2008
Daddyzee:

My brother,

I had loose dough in one of my accounts my better 'judgement' was in favour of dumping all in Oceanic and see how it goes. The broker (actually the head of research in his firm) encouraged me to split the dough into two and do C&I and Unilever 50/50. I entered yesterday. According to him, their results are due soon and so much restructuring is going on at the moment. He hinted at a bonus issue by both company and he gave a 3-4months horison. According to him, Oceanic UBA Zenith and Diamond all have a 9-11month horison. I am not too good at the market and I may need to put in more dough within the next few days.

What's your take?

Abeg you get better broker. I am no longer friends with those stocks in bold. I have dumped them all fast. Just my opinion sha. If you have more, liquidate. Their time has not come. Caveat Emptor well well.

I sold all my Diamond today and the cool cash is definitely not going into banking. Dem too dey waste my time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 11:27pm On Mar 05, 2008
pumping777:

Abeg you get better broker. I am no longer friends with those stocks in bold. I have dumped them all fast. Just my opinion sha. If you have more, liquidate. Their time has not come. Caveat Emptor well well.

I sold all my Diamond today and the cool cash is definitely not going into banking. Dem too dey waste my time.

I concur.
Infact I use my bank stocks especially as "depository/refuge"stocks ,i.e stocks which I buy when I really don't have any CICO stock to target and I don't want my funds to lie fallow and depreciate in value
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 11:51pm On Mar 05, 2008
Pumping God bless u, for the past week, I've been looking at my UBA in my portfolio and de thing dey vex me, since Dec. I've been contemplating selling, even this morning sef so you are right, I'm selling 2morrow, I can buy it back again in June or July sef and it'll still be the same yeye N49-N51 grin and I'd prob have gained 50-100% sef tongue
plus i see BGL still hasnt fixed online portal, tried to go there to register
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SuperGuy: 11:56pm On Mar 05, 2008
This is just my thought pls.
If you have held on to UBA since, I will strongly advise you wait
for another 5wks when the q2 result is expected, this should do the magic
for UBA. This is just the way I feel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.