Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,254 members, 7,953,948 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:36 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (604) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (834500 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:03am On Mar 06, 2008
SuperGuy:

This is just my thought please.
If you have held on to UBA since, I will strongly advise you wait
for another 5wks when the q2 result is expected, this should do the magic
for UBA. This is just the way I feel.

Oya, tell me one banking stock this year that interim result has done magic for? grin grin

Even FBN did not move after releasing results until they were looking for the N1 Trillion naira capitalization. Thank God for that one. I chop clean mouth one time.

Was the Q-1 of UBA not fantastic or is it the Q-2 of Zenith that was not fantastic or the N25B delivered by FBN in Q-3? Diamond nko and Fidelity?

See GTB moving. FY result is coming and rumour of bonus. Na that one go move something. My own sha o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 12:05am On Mar 06, 2008
SuperGuy:

This is just my thought please.
If you have held on to UBA since, I will strongly advise you wait
for another 5wks when the q2 result is expected, this should do the magic
for UBA. This is just the way I feel.

5 weeks ke, there are many companies i'm seeing that in 5 weeks time frame right now I can make 25-50% ooooo
Its not that serious, I can always buy it for same price range then. grin
its Q3 that moves bank stocks abi Fof2 talk am b4
Q2 wont do much for UBA
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 12:18am On Mar 06, 2008
OK - see wahala, i don cause outrage for the Banking sector.

Thanks pumping, i might be buying some UBA tomorrow - if my sister sells grin grin

But, seriously - you are right and i have been contemplating this a lot. The question is what would i jump on, if i exit,

For example, see me buying Tranexpr at 11.38 - when i should be buying at 9, anyway i am grabbing some more on friday to even out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 12:25am On Mar 06, 2008
pls does anyone knw, wen dunlop will post full yr results,thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 12:26am On Mar 06, 2008
Pumping,

I sent you an email. Kindly reply at your convenience.

Make I go look for some Superdelegates sef!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Sequoia(m): 12:30am On Mar 06, 2008
@charlimess

heard on good authourity that the union diagnostic thing was about 200% oversubscribed. full subscription likely to go to everybody.

also that peeps have started crossing at 4.00 per share and a likely listing price between 3.30 - 4.00 within the month
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Sequoia(m): 12:36am On Mar 06, 2008
@oga napoleon

pls could u send the sub N1 PP thing to me. i for like digest the thing see wetin dey. cavaets duly noted. the addy is slacad at yahoo dot com.

tanx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dejavoe(m): 1:06am On Mar 06, 2008
Watzup House,
im new to dis forum but been underground 4 sumtime, kudos to the likes of pumping,Aktogun and the rest gurus.
i've been studying dis forum for awhile now trying to learn one or more tricks to do CICO.
I have been buying share mostly on IPO but want 2 move on.
Get those quick cash with my little capital and clean mouth.
do any1 know whats wrong wit sykebank? it been stagmant for sumtime now. is it on TS?
Any quick response will be appreciated,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by exboy(m): 1:24am On Mar 06, 2008
hi landers. I need to dispose of some intercontinental bank shares right now. anyone interested? or who knows of a good broker?
thanks.Awaiting your replies.
you may call 08035752085 or email exboy_teejay@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by uchepilot: 2:14am On Mar 06, 2008
The number 13 has long been considered unlucky by superstitious people around the globe. How fitting, then, that Bill Gates' reign as the world's richest person ends after his 13th year at the top.

Despite being worth $58 billion, $2 billion more than last year, Gates is now just the world's third-richest person, ceding the top spot ranking to his good friend and partner in philanthropy, Warren Buffett, whose net worth jumped $10 billion to $62 billion. (All stock prices and net worth valuations were locked in on Feb. 11.) Ranked No. 2 is Mexican telecom tycoon Carlos Slim Helú, whose fortune has doubled in just two years to $60 billion.

It is certainly a dawning of a new era. But not just because of Gates' fall. The 22nd annual rankings of the World's Billionaires reflects all sorts of upheavals in the list's makeup. Two years ago, half of the world's 20 richest were from the U.S. Now only four are. India wins bragging rights for having four among the top 10, more than any other country.

For the first time ever, the number of billionaires Forbes could identify crossed into four figures, reaching 1,125. The total net worth of the group is $4.4 trillion, up $900 billion from last year. Despite the turbulence in the U.S. markets, Americans account for 42% of the world's billionaires and 37%, of the total wealth; those shares are down two and three percentage points, respectively, from last year.

Sixteen years after the collapse of the Soviet Union, Russia, with 87 billionaires, is the new No. 2 country behind the U.S., easily overtaking Germany, with 59 billionaires, which held the honor for six years.

The rankings include 226 newcomers. Seventy-seven of the new faces come from the U.S., half of whom made their fortunes in finance and investments, including John Paulson and Philip Falcone, both of whom became wealthy shorting subprime debt. Another third of the new billionaires comes from Russia (35), China (28) and India (19). Two of the most noteworthy new entrants are South Africa's Patrice Motsepe and Nigeria's Aliko Dangote, the first black Africans to make their debut among the world's richest. Dangote is also the first-ever Nigerian billionaire.

At the rate you all are going wont be suprised to read about all of you soon cool grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by VIPICO(m): 2:28am On Mar 06, 2008
ACL:

oga pumping,

see me see my broker after the Leventis train don reach maiduguri my broker went to buy at 14:46. he be like say i go swear for this my broker.and i don cancel the order when it was 10;00 wetin make i do with d leventis.
this yeye broker once she buy stock for me na so so the stock go dey loose. maybe i need to do deliverance prayer for my broker. she just they make me loose money.
ABC & Dunlop she never get na when the thing reach 10:00 she go come buy for me. she bought C&I 13:24, Niwicable 13:70
i tire for my broker.
scoa she no get,

Why are you blaming the broker?
I thought we've been told severally on this forum to always accompany our buy mandate with price limit or expiry date
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by VIPICO(m): 2:30am On Mar 06, 2008
ACL:

oga pumping,

see me see my broker after the Leventis train don reach maiduguri my broker went to buy at 14:46. he be like say i go swear for this my broker.and i don cancel the order when it was 10;00 wetin make i do with d leventis.
this yeye broker once she buy stock for me na so so the stock go dey loose. maybe i need to do deliverance prayer for my broker. she just they make me loose money.
ABC & Dunlop she never get na when the thing reach 10:00 she go come buy for me. she bought C&I 13:24, Niwicable 13:70
i tire for my broker.
scoa she no get,

Why are you blaming the broker?
I thought we've been told severally on this forum to always accompany our buy mandate with price limit or expiry date
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by poke(m): 2:48am On Mar 06, 2008
Naijadr:

5 weeks ke, there are many companies i'm seeing that in 5 weeks time frame right now I can make 25-50% ooooo
Its not that serious, I can always buy it for same price range then. grin
its Q3 that moves bank stocks abi Fof2 talk am before
Q2 wont do much for UBA

oya give me two out of the many shap shap
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by VIPICO(m): 2:57am On Mar 06, 2008
blueband:

Prof Pumping,please do you know if my wife will deliver a baby boy?

Please reply me urgently.Thanks

ACL, if blueband picks on you make I tell u wetin u go do.

First tell am "Cheeky"

After that come tell am say u dey wait for im apology. U hear?

grin grin grin grin grin I no fit shout ooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by poke(m): 3:19am On Mar 06, 2008
Aunty Naijadr

i they wait for youoo
just give those stock
don't mind others are sleeping already
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:36am On Mar 06, 2008
pumping777:

Abeg you get better broker. I am no longer friends with those stocks in bold. I have dumped them all fast. Just my opinion sha. If you have more, liquidate. Their time has not come. Caveat Emptor well well.

I sold all my Diamond today and the cool cash is definitely not going into banking. Dem too dey waste my time.

You be correct guy! I been wan talk am before say the investing rules in bear markets won't make investors much money in a bull market (it's almost like using baseball rules to play football grin). But the only thing that has made me keep silent is the fact that most people complain about how slow their brokers are. With sluggish brokers, even the best strategies can be made completely ineffective.

I think this is a good move on your part -- at least it'll generate cash for your portfolio and you can move back into safer havens once the bears start to announce that they're coming to town. My opinion though, but for you, no caveat at all. cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 4:06am On Mar 06, 2008
@ Nairanders including Wanajo, FO2 and Windy

Hot rumour that Zenith bank PO and rights issue raised about 650 Billion Naira instead of 130 Billion sought. It has it that lucky Jim is confused as to what to do!
My first suggestion is to scrap the preferential allotments but won't hold my breath.

How do you folks think this will affect the secondary market value when the rumour gains common currency?
One would normally expect the price to skyrocket but not so certain now in view of what happened with 1st Bank.

I guess I just let the cat out of the bag - as an ole family friend, of blessed memory, we used to call BBC would have said.

I don't own any Zenith share.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:48am On Mar 06, 2008
samstone4:

@ Nairanders including Wanajo, FO2 and Windy

Hot rumour that Zenith bank PO and rights issue raised about 650 Billion Naira instead of 130 Billion sought. It has it that lucky Jim is confused as to what to do!
My first suggestion is to scrap the preferential allotments but won't hold my breath.

How do you folks think this will affect the secondary market value when the rumour gains common currency?
One would normally expect the price to skyrocket but not so certain now in view of what happened with 1st Bank.

I guess I just let the cat out of the bag - as an ole family friend, of blessed memory, we used to call BBC would have said.

I don't own any Zenith share.

Samstone4 cool cool cool

Hmmm, I'm not sure how this will affect the share price. As far as I know, the SEC will allow only 25% oversubscription, which means they can only retain 162.5b of the 650b -- unless of course they devise another way to retain 100% (maybe a PP or something similar to what japaul was trying to do). But the oversubscription definitely means more opportunities could open up to Zenith. However unless they release some fantastic result, I don't think this will affect the share price significantly. This is simply going by the fact that most of the banks that did POs recently also experienced over-subscription and this didn't really affect their share prices. Remember that oversubscription also implies that they'll be issuing more shares than they originally intended to, and thiswould dilute earnings.

Another scenario though is that most people who wanted to buy into zenith and won't be getting the quantities they applied for due to the oversubscription, might turn around and buy from the floor, thereby sending the price up north. Although this scenario will only likely happen after returned monies get into the hands of the would-be investors.

That's my take on this.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 5:02am On Mar 06, 2008
Does anyone know when the YE Dec 2007 for Dunlop would be coming out ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 5:23am On Mar 06, 2008
Sequoia:

@charlimess

heard on good authourity that the union diagnostic thing was about 200% oversubscribed. full subscription likely to go to everybody.

also that peeps have started crossing at 4.00 per share and a likely listing price between 3.30 - 4.00 within the month

that authority has been good for like 2 years now o!!!!!!!

its about time anyway, kept a lotta monies tied down unnecessarily

off to work guys grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 5:38am On Mar 06, 2008
Does anyone know when the YE Dec 2007 for Dunlop would be coming out
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by elemu(m): 6:30am On Mar 06, 2008
@ Pumping

Does it mean that the Japaul PP option is no longer on the table?

I really could not display the japaul.htm file you attached. Yes it was saved in my local drive, and I tried 2 browsers (IE and Firefox). I bet you can only view it only in your PC or laptop. Why not cut and paste here. Thanks Man
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 7:45am On Mar 06, 2008
Guys any news on UTC? I am about 35% up after brokers commissions but my instinct is telling me there are still more money to be made or are my being greedy? 
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by obiguy(m): 8:00am On Mar 06, 2008
hey guys, i am really trying to understand the real secret of stocks, more help will be needed.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 8:09am On Mar 06, 2008
hey guys, i am really trying to understand the real secret of stocks, more help will be needed.
just read quietly. . .thats what ive been doing and i've been raking in profits from Dunlop, Afprint, First Alum, Livestock and even Conoil.
So chill and dont talk too much bruv grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by obiguy(m): 8:27am On Mar 06, 2008
okay bro, i will read and try to understand, the only thing is that im not in nigeria, so i need to get to action but dont know how to start, u know what i mean
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 8:37am On Mar 06, 2008
tkb417:

just read quietly. . .thats what ive been doing and i've been raking in profits from Dunlop, Afprint, First Alum, Livestock and even Conoil.
So chill and don't talk too much bruv grin grin grin

Ha ha make spreadsheet profit no come disappear grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Silent Assasin!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 8:44am On Mar 06, 2008
u don see dem na, silencers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ACL(m): 8:46am On Mar 06, 2008
Blueband

as requested by vipico , i dey wait  for your apology
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 8:46am On Mar 06, 2008
@
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 8:48am On Mar 06, 2008
ACL:

Blueband

as requested by vipico , i dey wait  for your apology

You know do am well.you were supposed to say "cheeky" in your first post.Then follow it up with another post that you are waiting for an apology.Oya go do am well quick! grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 8:52am On Mar 06, 2008
Ok bruv. . .
all i'll say is read the whole thread maybe on a Sunday when ure less busy and get all the terms
You need to know when to buy,what drives the market, what to buy and also when to sell. All these you can get from the first page to the last.

Then get the money grin grin, after that the rest is history. Some people on this thread are in the US, UK, scattered everywhere. All u need is a good broker.
I'm not gonna prescribe any for you but im sure you have one or two contacts in Nigeria that can help with that.
I really dont know how the guys abroad are doing the trades from overseas, but i dont think its rocket science.

But be careful ooo. . .
Maybe one of our guys abroad can help out sha

@Roughcut
Spreadsheet profit no fit disappear in Jesus name grin grin
bailing out of Afprint and Livestock today today
silent assasin ke? grin grin
i want to be like you people in no time.
I'm still learning my brother cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.