Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,675 members, 7,862,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:51 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820147 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 11:20pm On Mar 07, 2008
@ ddinvestors,
               According to Buffet, position on  any stock when it crashes so as to pick ur profit along the upriding, i just bought some TRANSCORP today, inasmuch OBJ is still alive TRANSCORP must grow and triumph, mind u OBJ is still in operation. Yar Adua is just a figure head as expected by OBJ. NITEL/MTEL is already a liability, no foreign investor will want to have such liability. So watchout TRANSCORP/Federal govt is still in possession, they will turn it around in another style. but the old staffs should go look for something else doing for the mean time, for their expected salary arears is the greatest liability, for  they stand the biggest threat to federal govt/transcorp to incure and no foreign investor will wanna purchase any liability instead of asset.  

THAT,S THE KOKO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:23pm On Mar 07, 2008
osazeet:

@ ddinvestors,
               According to Buffet, position on  any stock when it crashes so as to pick your profit along the upriding, i just bought some TRANSCORP today, inasmuch OBJ is still alive TRANSCORP must grow and triumph, mind u OBJ is still in operation. Yar Adua is just a figure head as expected by OBJ. NITEL/MTEL is already a liability, no foreign investor will want to have such liability. So watchout TRANSCORP/Federal govt is still in possession, they will turn it around in another style. but the old staffs should go look for something else doing for the mean time, for their expected salary arears is the greatest liability, for  they stand the biggest threat to federal govt/transcorp to incure and no foreign investor will want to purchase any liability instead of asset.  

THAT,S THE KOKO

i presume u ar ein it for the longest term yeah?

i hope u are a patient man. its a good virtue to have and more especially in TRANSCORPS case.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 11:26pm On Mar 07, 2008
bia to those buying TRANSCORP"SE", what is the obsession?
as in the faithful and diehards are very loyal, I'm sorry I can't help but laugh because u all are so vocal about it grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:32pm On Mar 07, 2008
Naijadr:

bia to those buying TRANSCORP"SE", what is the obsession?
as in the faithful and diehards are very loyal, I'm sorry I can't help but laugh because u all are so vocal about it grin

girl, they must vocal o!
people don sink serious dosh into that albatross of a company and stand to lose substantially if its not a success. for once fellas are hoping OBJ succeeds, irony at its best grin

i am sure given some time it will eventually come good but that is predicated on a lot of unknown factors right now
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:19am On Mar 08, 2008
aktopgun:

@pumping

if u are still there, i think u might want to look at OASISINS chart. it makes interesting reading. even better than MBenefit lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Ha. I see what you mean but I don't have liver for such a stock with very wacky fundamentals.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lumidii: 12:36am On Mar 08, 2008
Has anyone banking with UBA been able to log into ubadirect this evening? Just wondering if its just me, or a general problem with UBA's e-banking. Its annoying really as i can't verify whether my broker effected the withdrawal i ordered.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nzemillion: 12:54am On Mar 08, 2008
Windy, my darling sister pls what do you think about AG LEVENTIS and VONO ?, Do you think it´s time to sell by now or should i hold?, i´will be waiting 4 ur reply pls,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 1:39am On Mar 08, 2008
nzemillion:

Windy, my darling sister please what do you think about AG LEVENTIS and VONO ?, Do you think it´s time to sell by now or should i hold?, i´will be waiting 4 your reply please,

I'll advise you sell vono on Monday -- it experienced some serious selling pressure today. AG leventis looks like it still has some way to go -- at least I don't see any signs of selling pressure going on. Looks like it was on serious bid today. So i'll hold on to that one and see what happens on Monday. My opinion though, all caveats as usual.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 2:53am On Mar 08, 2008
pumping777:

If Leventis does not issue a bonus, you will regret holding the stock until FY result is announced.

The stock cannot add another 20 trading days at 5%.

When profit takers are ready, they won't care about what happened last year.

@ pumping
Let me start by saying I am in no way swearing that I am right. But its just that this NSE has by far defied all. I can assure one thing though the profit takers are already in full swing. People who bought at the N6-N8 range are selling off. Historically, AGLEVENT trades about 400,000 units for an average of 20 deals per day but check out the volumes recently always close to 2,000,000 with over 50 deals per session. This leads me to believe that the profit takers are already in action. One thing I just can't get is why the stock is still so scare. We are watching it sha.

@ Aktopgun
I was not in anyway trying to diss you. Maybe I am guilty of writing how I talk but it just struck me that if another person reads it he/she might take offence. I hope I have not offended you in anyway. If you took offense then please accept my apology. I am just so pissed at my self for feeling that I have a good handle on the market. sold off my AGLEVENT when it stagnated at N8.5 tried to buy at N11 but could only get a fraction and till date I am still trying. Anyway I hope I have cleared the air

@ windy et al (Ioma)
Please yarn us the koko on NWICABLE me I still get loot wey I wan take dive/CICO as my broker no kpai me for ABC nothing go fit get me in JESUS name AMEN
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 3:17am On Mar 08, 2008
&
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:31am On Mar 08, 2008
grabdaloot:

@ pumping
Let me start by saying I am in no way swearing that I am right. But its just that this NSE has by far defied all. I can assure one thing though the profit takers are already in full swing. People who bought at the N6-N8 range are selling off. Historically, AGLEVENT trades about 400,000 units for an average of 20 deals per day but check out the volumes recently always close to 2,000,000 with over 50 deals per session. This leads me to believe that the profit takers are already in action. One thing I just can't get is why the stock is still so scare. We are watching it sha.

I dey your side. I'm just speculating too. This NSE does whatever it likes.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 3:39am On Mar 08, 2008
grin cheesy wink smiley

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 3:43am On Mar 08, 2008
What stage was the market this week?

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 3:45am On Mar 08, 2008
Interesting Analysis

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 3:48am On Mar 08, 2008
And now Physics of the Market -na easimoni and Aktopgun et al fit break this one down!

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 4:15am On Mar 08, 2008
@  real investors,
                 Remember it takes some time for every new company to stand it,s ground even in individual's level of direct business.  in stock market, whatever goes up come down, what comes down goes up as well, i,m writing to investors and not speculators, GIGOERS, ZIZOERS, RIROERS. real investors know the point i,m driving at, go for abandoned stock for the now, the market will always make it,s turn around, just imagine the conglomerate sector, every reasonable investor will begin to understand this now. NO MORE PENNY STOCK IN NSE, the next bullish turn will take you up, position now while the price is low today, where some  are crying, some will still be rejoicing, that,s the market  nature. it has happened before, in cadbury's case, after the smell of a dead rat , the train then left the station even till now people are still running after it.  TRANSCORP IS FOR REAL INVESTORS TODAY.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 4:19am On Mar 08, 2008
@  real investors,
                 Remember it takes some time for every new company to stand it,s ground even in individual's level of direct business.  in stock market, whatever goes up come down, what comes down goes up as well, i,m writing to investors and not speculators, GIGOERS, ZIZOERS, RIROERS. real investors know the point i,m driving at, go for abandoned stock for the now, the market will always make it,s turn around, just imagine the conglomerate sector, every reasonable investor will begin to understand this now. NO MORE PENNY STOCK IN NSE, the next bullish turn will take you up, position now while the price is low today, where some  are crying, some will still be rejoicing, that,s the market  nature. it has happened before, in cadbury's case, after the smell of a dead rat , the train then left the station even till now people are still running after it.  TRANSCORP IS FOR REAL INVESTORS TODAY.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naomi101: 4:58am On Mar 08, 2008
@aktopgun, windy wendy
Please what do you guys think about bocgases, avon crown and nsl
your thots will be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naomi101: 5:07am On Mar 08, 2008
@windy wendy
Please what are your thots on Bocgases, Avon crown and NSL.
Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by emotimi: 6:11am On Mar 08, 2008
osazeet:

@ real investors,
Remember it takes some time for every new company to stand it,s ground even in individual's level of direct business. in stock market, whatever goes up come down, what comes down goes up as well, i,m writing to investors and not speculators, GIGOERS, ZIZOERS, RIROERS. real investors know the point i,m driving at, go for abandoned stock for the now, the market will always make it,s turn around, just imagine the conglomerate sector, every reasonable investor will begin to understand this now. NO MORE PENNY STOCK IN NSE, the next bullish turn will take you up, position now while the price is low today, where some are crying, some will still be rejoicing, that,s the market nature. it has happened before, in cadbury's case, after the smell of a dead rat , the train then left the station even till now people are still running after it. TRANSCORP IS FOR REAL INVESTORS TODAY.

I am with you on this, Transcorp will surely bounce back, and this is indeed a very good time to enter for medium to long term gain,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Apekanuko(m): 6:25am On Mar 08, 2008
I troway salute oooo, Booyahhh!!!!

I agree with emotimi, this TRANSCORP train will defy all odds.Anyhow its current price is a good point to enter for the patient and the patient at heart.

BTW, Baba emotimi, mo juba o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:48am On Mar 08, 2008
aktopgun:

girl, they must vocal o!
people don sink serious dosh into that albatross of a company and stand to lose substantially if its not a success. for once fellas are hoping OBJ succeeds, irony at its best grin

i am sure given some time it will eventually come good but that is predicated on a lot of unknown factors right now

Its hilarious, its almost like folks are trying to encourage themselves by being vocal grin , there are so many BETTER potentials for long term ooooo that dont have all this k leg to it. Truth be told the powers that be are very much invested in other big stuff so they arent pressured like folks who put their lifetime savings
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 7:52am On Mar 08, 2008
)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mcsamson1(m): 8:21am On Mar 08, 2008
can someone tell me the best time to sell my GTB
I BOUGHT AT 33.96
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stocknrock: 9:29am On Mar 08, 2008
Talking about stocks on a temporary reversal. since I no get agbero broker

How about Academy press? its been on a downtrend for 3 consecutive days and the volume sold is reduced drastically in the third day.

Even though its jus crossing the 70 RSI line downwards, I think it may be up for a temporary reveral.

What do you think Aktopgun?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 9:38am On Mar 08, 2008
Can anyone direct me to a resource where I can get the Ex-Dividend dates for all NSE quoted companies ?

I came across a Book on Dividend Investment and they did mention about a strategy of buying into some companies just before the Ex-Div date.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 11:34am On Mar 08, 2008
emotimi:

I am with you on this, Transcorp will surely bounce back, and this is indeed a very good time to enter for medium to long term gain,
For me,a very good time will be when it drops to around 2 naira,then I go gather liver do a CISI(cash in,stay in)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 11:43am On Mar 08, 2008
@ pumping,what is the gist about NIWICABLE and why the mad rush for it?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 11:46am On Mar 08, 2008
@ pumping,what is the gist about NIWICABLE and why the mad rush for it?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 11:53am On Mar 08, 2008
Aktopgun,loma the NIWICABLE mata concern una too,wetin be the levels
I'm asking cos it's one stock that I've been lucky with.Bought last year @ around 5 naira,gave my broker the go-ahead to offload penultimate Friday,he couln't,I then took a chance and cancelled the sell mandate by Monday only to see the thing take off for the north pole.Who is this new investor and how d'yall think his/her/their coming will affec the performance of NIWICABLE.

Make una just release codes,4get about caveat,I know say dat one don empty since
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:56am On Mar 08, 2008
rasputinn:

Aktopgun,loma the NIWICABLE mata concern una too,wetin be the levels
I'm asking because it's one stock that I've been lucky with.Bought last year @ around 5 naira,gave my broker the go-ahead to offload penultimate Friday,he couln't,I then took a chance and cancelled the sell mandate by Monday only to see the thing take off for the north pole.Who is this new investor and how d'yall think his/her/their coming will affec  the performance of NIWICABLE.

Make una just release codes,forget about caveat,I know say that one don empty since

rumor has it ob otude is the new investor leading to a possible suspension of the planned P.O.

RUMOR HAS IT.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2008
Well I jus got back from Firstbank regarding their share purchase loan and this are the shares you are allowed to buy.

Tier 1 stock are acceptable as collateral and listed below.
TIER 1 STOCK TIER 1 STOCK
1 ZENITH BANK PLC 16 CONOIL NIG PLC
2 UBA PLC 17 NBC PLC
3 UBN PLC 18 MOBIL OIL PLC
4 INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC 19 CHEVRON OIL NIG PLC
5 NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC 20 OANDO PLC
6 GUARANTY TRUST 21 CADBURY NIG PLC
7 OCEANIC BANK 22 7UP BOTTLING CO NIG PLC
8 GUINNESS NIG PLC 23 JULIUS BERGER PLC
9 IBTC-CHARTERED BANK 24 DANGOTE SUGAR REFINERY NIG PLC
10 NESTLE NIG PLC 25 WAPCO NIG PLC
11 DIAMOND BANK PLC 26 BENUE CEMENT CO PLC
12 WEMA BANK 27 FLOUR MILLS NIG PLC
13 TOTAL NIG PLC 28 ASHAKA CEMENT PLC
14 UNILEVER NIG PLC 29 UAC NIG PLC
15 PZ INDUSTRIES PLC

• Tier 2 stock are also acceptable as collateral and listed below.
TIER 2 STOCK
1 FIDELITY BANK PLC 7 CORNERSTONE INSURANCE PLC
2 ACCESS BANK PLC 8 UNION HOMES PLC
3 AFRIBANK NIG PLC 9 UNIC INSURANCE PLC
4 AP NIG PLC 10 OKOMU OIL PLC
5 CEMENT CO OF NORTHERN NIG PLC 11 AIICO INSURANCE PLC
6 UAC-PROP DEV PLC 12 MUTUAL BENEFIT ASSURANCE PLC

you can pick from the list of these shares.

I would like to call on our gurus to comment on this shares and how possible it is to make reasonable gain on each

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.