Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,671 members, 7,862,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:11 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (621) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820138 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mcsamson1(m): 12:34pm On Mar 08, 2008
can someone tell me the best time to sell my GTB
I BOUGHT AT 33.96
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 12:36pm On Mar 08, 2008
rasputinn:

For me,a very good time will be when it drops to around 2 naira,then I go gather liver do a CISI(cash in,stay in)

Okay so every firm has its ups and downs but at least they had a reasonable buisness plan in the first place before mismanagement,economic strain, govt policies etc drove them into making losses right. But look at TRANSCORP. What plan did they have? Buy this and that with the aid of the govt and expect to wave a wand and everything falls in place. I didn't like the idea behind TRANSCORP and still don't. So lets us speculate on how they can make money. NITEL? who ever they'd get would be on the look out for their own pockets and with all the mess NITEL is in already that will probably be a tough one to call. so that leaves the Oil block right? In the prospectus for the PO there was no mention of oil blocks. The MD then came out to say that only one of the blocks will have its revenue to the group. I was never able to understand that one. So what if all the revenue from all their blocks would go to the coporation. How would they finance the development of the oil blocks. They lack the technology, expertise or experience. Of course these things are all available if you have the money. Now the question you should ask your self and answer honestly is 'if you own a bank would you approve giving money to TRANSCORP for the development of an oil block?' Yes I thought so too so all you'd be left with is to farm out the block. For a corporation the size and 'calibre' of TRANSCORP i don't think the money from the fram out would filter past their board talk less of to the shareholders. So you are left with the hilton. In the short history of TRANSCORP, the hilton has now been convinced to buy more expensive chicken and livestock from a certain farm in OTA, hmmmm I wonder how many more things they have been convinced to do that we don't know about.
Bottom line if you must put money there then let it be something you are prepared to lose not one you hope will bring you the ha(u)mmer!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dejavoe(m): 12:50pm On Mar 08, 2008
@ty_ademolu
i've been looking for a link to find out more about the Share loan.
Can you kindly give me a clue of how to go about it?

Thanks in advance
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 12:51pm On Mar 08, 2008
@ Nairalanders

Irrational dislike of Transcorp again.

I have noticed some entries criticising those who wish to buy Transcorp shares.
Assuming Transcorp is rubbish. Is it the only rubbish (fundamentaless) company that Nairalanders have been buying?
Why should the idea of anybody buying Transcorp provoke such outcry?

Remember that before the Communication minister made his announcement of the so-called reversal Transcorp was doing maximum of 5% daily and was impossible to get.

The presidency has formally overruled the minister.

The events of the past few weeks make Transcorp proponents stronger as it is well nigh impossible for the talk of government takeover of Nitel to rear its head again.

Those who wish to buy should buy and those who don't should stay away or come up with a new rational reason to dissuade others.

I don't know Obasanjo but we should all accept that his policies allowed us Nairalanders to make money on NSE.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 12:58pm On Mar 08, 2008
{
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Achika(f): 2:31pm On Mar 08, 2008
Aktopgun,

THANKS FOR THE CANDLES Y/DAY REALLY APPRECIATE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Achika(f): 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2008
thanks everybody for the input on ag leventis, like windy suggested i will watch how monday play out and take a decision.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2008
pumping777:

Ha. I see what you mean but I don't have liver for such a stock with very wacky fundamentals.

I concur, at this stage of the game for that sector - we have to start separating the boys from the big boys, o&n was only good for CiCo 2 weeks ago,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gonyix: 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2008
Any1 know how to get application for the fbs shareplus loan and the conditions for the loans. yours truely would like to take a second or third look at it, I like their list of allowed stocks.
As it is now I have the UBA share+ but the list of allowed stocks is too restricted.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gonyix: 3:35pm On Mar 08, 2008
Any1 know how to get application for the fbs shareplus loan and the conditions for the loans. yours truely would like to take a second or third look at it, I like their list of allowed stocks.
As it is now I have the UBA share+ but the list of allowed stocks is too restricted.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2008
samstone4:

@ Nairalanders

Irrational dislike of Transcorp again.

I have noticed some entries criticising those who wish to buy Transcorp shares.
Assuming Transcorp is rubbish. Is it the only rubbish (fundamentaless) company that Nairalanders have been buying?
Why should the idea of anybody buying Transcorp provoke such outcry?

Remember that before the Communication minister made his announcement of the so-called reversal Transcorp was doing maximum of 5% daily and was impossible to get.

The presidency has formally overruled the minister.

The events of the past few weeks make Transcorp proponents stronger as it is well nigh impossible for the talk of government takeover of Nitel to rear its head again.

Those who wish to buy should buy and those who don't should stay away or come up with a new rational reason to dissuade others.

I don't know Obasanjo but we should all accept that his policies allowed us Nairalanders to make money on NSE.

Samstone4 cool cool cool

tone down my man or else i will stop supporting your bid for transcorp MD grin grin
everybody has the right to be for or agaisnt transcorp and more so contribute his/her opinion here without been critised,
thats what we are here for.in the end, its left for buyers to decide which side to follow.
i will advice you to go and count your loots for the past week,maybe that will make you more relaxed,
because i dont know you with hard words cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ernal(m): 4:13pm On Mar 08, 2008
@Napolean

Sir,i got into this stock,Interntaional Allied Assurance  through a broking firm company that got a bulk of it through the PP,i have followed your post concerning IAA and i got in at 3.50,but am not sure when it will get listed,i was told sometimes 18th of the Month,but my question goes thus,i am not really looking at IPOs anymore,i will be glad if time to time you could feel us into new opportunities like the IAA in the nearest future for shallow pocket fellas like myself,am looking at a long term as i cant cope with Majoring in Physics and all these short trades,i got into Mutual funds way long b4 i got in shares and i still have a junk of my savings go into the mutual funds monthly.This forumn is empowerment.It all depends on your aim and where u stand.

thanks all.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 4:18pm On Mar 08, 2008
@ Hbrednic, Nairalanders

Did not realise my entry about Transcorp sounded so harsh.
It was not intended to be harsh
Just meant to say it as it is .
The truth is the truth and all that jazz - as we used to say at "Matinee a Go-Go" in the good ole days.
Trust Hbrednic will vote for me now, as Chairman - not MD.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Napolean: 4:32pm On Mar 08, 2008
[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Napolean: 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2008
[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 4:37pm On Mar 08, 2008
Napolean:

There are two men from nairaland are here and one is with his spouse. if anyone is joining us please ask at reception as we are taking a meeting room for a bit more privacy, however it can only accomodate about 12 people and there are 8 of us already. I will come online when i get home later as I am yet to read earlier posting.

The person who bought IAA welldone, start to determine your exit price. Please speak with your broker to make sure it is a N2 ordinary share he sold to you at that crazy price. If so not too bad. Congratulations. If it is for a 50 kobo share call the EFCC on him.
Elder Napolean, how could we who don't live in the UK benefit? I'd greatly appreciate it if you could spare sometime out of your busy schedule to share with us. Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 5:13pm On Mar 08, 2008
@samstone4 cool cool cool
you still have my vote,so far you are ready to put the transcorp house in order.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 5:23pm On Mar 08, 2008
%
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:32pm On Mar 08, 2008
stocknrock:

Talking about stocks on a temporary reversal. since I no get agbero broker

How about Academy press? its been on a downtrend for 3 consecutive days and the volume sold is reduced drastically in the third day.

Even though its jus crossing the 70 RSI line downwards, I think it may be up for a temporary reveral.

What do you think Aktopgun?

@stocknrock

here's what i think about academy. i understand ur problem about not having an agbero broker, i am in the same boat as u on that one. however i would suggest a little patience on this academy. lets see how the week starts for it. the signs arent good though

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2008
and d fight starts all over again embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry shocked angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sashsupo(m): 6:13pm On Mar 08, 2008
deleted
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 6:15pm On Mar 08, 2008
sash_supo:

@ aktopgun

Please what program did you use for the chart on Academy? And how do you get your data?

its free on www.nigeriansecurities.com. its their technical analyst tool.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sashsupo(m): 6:16pm On Mar 08, 2008
thanks bros
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 7:09pm On Mar 08, 2008
@ Pumping abeg can you help with 3rd qtr result of Mutual Benefit? it's not available on the NSE site
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naomi101: 7:10pm On Mar 08, 2008
@aktopgun
Please what does your candle say about bocgases, avon crown and nsl.
Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:29pm On Mar 08, 2008
naomi101:

@aktopgun
Please what does your candle say about bocgases, avon crown and nsl.
Thanks

as u haven't said from which angle u are looking at these companies (ie are u hoping to buy or sell?), i will try to speak from both sides.

avon crown- if u havent sold already u might want to consider it. if u are hoping to buy, watch it this week for signs of positivity which arent there right now, such as a green candlestick.

bocgases- it looks to have entered a trading range this week and unless something changes next week it may well not have any major price movements in either direction. i would again watch this one for positive signals

nsl- this one is a bit of a long shot cuz of the lack of much history on it but it amy have a goodish weekafter it bounced of a newly forming support price of N15.25. may be a cautious buy for me

i hope this helps u.

all caveats apply of course
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sashsupo(m): 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2008
@ AKTopGun,

Do you have any analysis about NB and AGLEVENT?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2008
sash_supo:

@ AKTopGun,

Do you have any analysis about NB and AGLEVENT?

are u in on any of them and if u are at what prices did u go in? if u are looking to get in the point of view needs to be altered u see.

on NB, as a matter of principle i do not follow breweries and won't be able to comment on them but we can talk about AG leventis if u like
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2008
aktopgun:

nsl- this one is a bit of a long shot because of the lack of much history on it but it amy have a goodish weekafter it bounced of a newly forming support price of N15.25. may be a cautious buy for meBEWARE OF TS IF YOU ARE NOT IN FOR D LONG RUN. A PO IS IN D WORKS

i hope this helps u.

all caveats apply of course
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2008
debenzd:

girl u know i don't do short runs cheesy cheesy, but i am not even considering buying this company. its against my personal principals but thanks for giving the heads up to Naomi on the impending TS
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:42pm On Mar 08, 2008
@sash supo

here's what i told achika about AGLeventis yesterday. it all depends on ur entry price and the targets u have

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sashsupo(m): 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2008
AKTopGun,

I got into AGLEVENT at N14.95 just this week and I'm considering exist at N20 (30 degree due north cheesy) what do you think?

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.