Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,996 members, 7,863,587 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:51 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820371 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 4:28pm On Mar 11, 2008
AKT, WHAT SAYEST THOU ON AGLeventis?  The thing balanced at N18 today looking here and there.  So what is the next move??    With this stock nothing can offend me on this forum.

WE SHOULD ALL LEARN TO IGNORE IRRELEVANT COMMENTS.  It is the most effective strategy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 4:29pm On Mar 11, 2008
windywendy:

Now that sanity seems to have returned to the forum, I guess we can begin the proceedings of the day grin

First may I suggest that we refuse to respond to any of the people causing katakata? In the spirit of that, @greentree, i've decided not to respond to the question which you posed to me yesterday. Sorry, but if you're nice from now on, we may begin to pay you some attention and teach you how to make money smiley

Rumor mill has it: ABC is planning a 1 for 2 Bonus -- heard that from my broker. Caveat empty plenti, plus I have loads of ABC. Also, unity bank closed on bid today (even my ajebo broker-alternate told me that one sef) -- caveat dey there too o, plus I have unity bank.

On niwicable, looks like peeps are holding the details tightly to their chest o. Even me tried to get the full gist out of the horselet's mouth (as per me no sabi the horse na cheesy), but na so-so "hush, hush, don't tell anyone" I dey hear. Kai, looks like we have to wait for the media on that one, but there's definitely something brewing there.

@Roughcut, which one be "olori" again cheesy Na wa o, there's nothing i've not heard on this forum cheesy

@savvylanre, the last time I talk neimeth, you say liver no gree you. You see yasef outside now? You for don do your 20% jeje and commot. Anyway, we learn everyday. Be sure to grab your own copy of Afroil o, me don grab. caveat dey there too o. But like I said yesterday, they're releasing results soon and rumor has it that it's a good one.

@Wanaj0, thanks for calling things back to order. I been wan go my own sabbatical before. Besides, any news on Negris yet?

aaah my sister great news about ABC!!
do u think its still ok to get Big Treat right now? I know its on bid, so wondering if I should just cancel and carry money go somewhere else
abeg any ideas my dear for CICO?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Highlander: 4:29pm On Mar 11, 2008
wanaj0:

Wicked ke How

Bears are all over!!!!! Not only insurance stocks. Na general crisis.

Bull run Wetin go spark am? With the useless results to be churned out, don't see how the current ridiculous prices can be sustained.

Patience go turn people to Patient. That's all that is needed.

Let's not get overly pessimistic. Heavens are not about to fall. There will always be a reversal and it's not far away.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 4:31pm On Mar 11, 2008
Madame WW sorry Ma.

I apologise. for any rude post or anything considered bad.

I have the upmost respect for you Wanajo and Roughcut and anybody else upset. I even beg dr blueband to come back too.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:33pm On Mar 11, 2008
@windywendy,
what say ye on the direction of the market generally as I know say we cant acurately time the market but give us some gist.

That ABC no talk am again ooo - I just dey beat myself for my stupid and nonsensical hesistation that has made me miss out. As e dey so the thing no gree go down at all at all-- I beg tell the driver to wait at th enext busstop make I hop on !.

Unity on Bid -u sure - make I go look am again.

I suppose to dey study for derivatives ooo- anyone know wetin swap and option be?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:34pm On Mar 11, 2008
windywendy:

Rumor mill has it: ABC is planning a 1 for 2 Bonus -- heard that from my broker. Caveat empty plenti, plus I have loads of ABC.

On niwicable, looks like peeps are holding the details tightly to their chest o. Even me tried to get the full gist out of the horselet's mouth (as per me no sabi the horse na  cheesy), but na so-so "hush, hush, don't tell anyone" I dey hear. Kai, looks like we have to wait for the media on that one, but there's definitely something brewing there.

@Roughcut, which one be "olori" again  cheesy Na wa o, there's nothing i've not heard on this forum cheesy

Be sure to grab your own copy of Afroil o, me don grab. caveat dey there too o. But like I said yesterday, they're releasing results soon and rumor has it that it's a good one.

@Wanaj0, thanks for calling things back to order. I been wan go my own sabbatical before. Besides, any news on Negris yet?

Apart from the bonus issue i talk am before say ABC is in pole-position to partner the Fed Govt in running the National Rail Network and they get paid a subsidy running into millions if not billions of Naira for their efforts. Can you imagine? So that one ey seriously on the radar

As per Niwi cable that one na interesting one na. You sabi Otudeko's son abi? i beg make you squeeze the info we are all waiting for from the guy jare grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don dash you that title be dat o make you just put your plans for sabbatical leave on indefinite hold grin grin grin grin grin

As per Afroil i dey go light some candles be dat
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:34pm On Mar 11, 2008
Highlander:

Let's not get overly pessimistic. Heavens are not about to fall. There will always be a reversal and it's not far away.

I am a realistic person which means things that go up will come down and will still go up. Unfortunately, many only knew the going UP bit so never saw the going down!!!!!

Corrections will present BUYING opportunities for the discerning investors.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:35pm On Mar 11, 2008
See me oo I don see Unity Full 5 % yakata grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:41pm On Mar 11, 2008
greentree:

Madame WW sorry Ma.

I apologise. for any rude post or anything considered bad.

I have the upmost respect for you Wanajo and Roughcut and anybody else upset. I even beg dr blueband to come back too.

No more rude posts, even if provoked?

when you respond, i'll respond to your question wink make I go find the question sef
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2008
Latest Market Info
VITAFOAM: 1ST QTR ENDED 31 DEC 2007

VITAFOAM PLC, UNAUDITED RESULTS FOR 1ST QUARTER ENDED 31-12-2007

TURNOVER 07 N1.919b, 06 N1.293b

PBT 07 N179.145m, 06 N132.738m

TAXATION 07 (N57.326m) 06 (N42.476m)

PAT 07 N121.819m, 06 N90.262m
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2008
hen hen - na Vitafoam results dey make am head north -

Result has been released action don finish be that. Not a bad result.

Who is following Vitafoam - whats the no of their shares?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 4:47pm On Mar 11, 2008
wanaj0:

I am a realistic person which means things that go up will come down and will still go up. Unfortunately, many only knew the going UP bit so never saw the going down!!!!!

Corrections will present BUYING opportunities for the discerning investors.
Rev. Wanajo, Any news on Nigerdock offer for sale?

@All, Anyone knew when Dangsugar would release their FYE?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 4:50pm On Mar 11, 2008
Oga Wanajo,

Why would you choose Presco Over Okomu? Beside the fact that the Trailing PE of presco is lower than that of Okomu.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:52pm On Mar 11, 2008
Naijadr:

aaah my sister great news about ABC!!
do u think its still ok to get Big Treat right now? I know its on bid, so wondering if I should just cancel and carry money go somewhere else
abeg any ideas my dear for CICO?

I won't be getting bigtreat now o, infact peeps who got it should be thinking of selling this week. Remember they're planning to do a PO so it's only good for short-cycle cicos grin As for cico ideas, none for now o, apart from the ones i mentioned yesterday and today. I'll have to look at the charts again over the weekend.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:54pm On Mar 11, 2008
yodiyokun:

That ABC no talk am again ooo - I just dey beat myself for my stupid and nonsensical hesistation that has made me miss out. As e dey so the thing no gree go down at all at all-- I beg tell the driver to wait at th enext busstop make I hop on !.

Unity on Bid -u sure - make I go look am again.

I suppose to dey study for derivatives ooo- anyone know wetin swap and option be?

ABC na train dem wan begin dey drive now and its even going to be more injurious to try and join train wey don leave station so for now me i go siddon look until it stops at the next station to pck more passengers. Dont worry there's enough inside the train to accommodate all of us wey wan join we just need to follow go the next stop.

Check the link from Euronext liffe. They are the biggest options and derivatives and futures exchange in the world.

Click on the tab that catches your fancy Options, Stocks, Warrants, Futures just about anything you need to know about derivatives. Let me know if swaps are not covered.

http://www.euronext.com/editorial/wide/editorial-2316-EN.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:59pm On Mar 11, 2008
Roughcut thanks for that link,

Will look it up.

I will be waiting for ABC at the next train stop
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:59pm On Mar 11, 2008
RoughCut:

ABC na train them wan begin dey drive now and its even going to be more injurious to try and join train wey don leave station so for now me i go siddon look until it stops at the next station to pck more passengers. Dont worry there's enough inside the train to accommodate all of us wey wan join we just need to follow go the next stop.

Roughcut! Roughcut!! Roughcut!!! Na ow many tines I call you so? cheesy

Make you no siddon look this one o. If you miss out on this one, na me go yab you pass for this forum o. I don talk my own finish be that. Make your own no come be like that of grabdaloot wey talk of ag leventis so-tay im forget to buy (grabdaloot no vex o cheesy). Abi you wan become like the proverbial sign post wey dey show everi one the way without going anywhere imself? God forbid bad thing!  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:00pm On Mar 11, 2008
yodiyokun:

hen hen - na Vitafoam results dey make am head north -

Result has been released action don finish be that. Not a bad result.

Who is following Vitafoam - whats the no of their shares?

They have 800M shares listed. I spoke about this stock last week with Pumping777 and  as per fundamentals dem dey bam. He be like say this na 2-3 week CICO for me sha. I dey go back back inside as soon as the thing drop again. Infact based on increasing  PAT by 60% the Forward PE is 19.2!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:06pm On Mar 11, 2008
windywendy:

Roughcut! Roughcut!! Roughcut!!! Na ow many tines I call you so? cheesy

Make you no siddon look this one o. If you miss out on this one, na me go yab you pass for this forum o. I don talk my own finish be that. Make your own no come be like that of grabdaloot wey talk of ag leventis so-tay im forget to buy (grabdaloot no vex o cheesy). Abi you wan become like the proverbial sign post wey dey show everi one the way without going anywhere imself? God forbid bad thing!  grin grin

Infact as you call me 3 times na im i answer about 5 times grin grin grin grin grin grin. BUY mandate dey go in this evening sharpish!

I never do anything with the loot wey i grabcouldnt resist the pun from Cutix and John holt

@Yodiyokun

Make you no wait for the next stop o e be like say this one no get stop again grin grin grin grin grin

You don watch Passenger 57 as Wesley Snipes come join plane without buying ticket grin grin grin grin grin Na im be say you go watch that film if you never watch am before so you go fit perfect the technique of joining moving train without  sustaining injuries grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gudchoice: 5:08pm On Mar 11, 2008
Windywendy: What's your take on Ikeja Hotels? Would you buy it? Have you bought it?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:13pm On Mar 11, 2008
RoughCut:

Infact as you call me 3 times na im i answer about 5 times grin grin grin grin grin grin. BUY mandate dey go in this evening sharpish!

I never do anything with the loot wey i grabcouldnt resist the pun from Cutix and John holt

@Yodiyokun

Make you no wait for the next stop o e be like say this one no get stop again grin grin grin grin grin

You don watch Passenger 57 as Wesley Snipes come join plane without buying ticket grin grin grin grin grin Na im be say you go watch that film if you never watch am before so you go fit perfect the technique of joining moving train without sustaining injuries grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sebi, I hear you peeps.

My broker na Ajebo and he no fit buy anything wey dey on BID. So make I no even think am.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 5:15pm On Mar 11, 2008
madam WENDY thanks for that ABC tip.
2mmorrow na tommorrow.

please any infor on whats driving the price of ETERNAL?
it has been moving like a train without brakes,i dont even know when to desembark to avoid leaving
the major loot behind.my BOC experience still dey bitter for my mouth.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:17pm On Mar 11, 2008
Femtex:

Oga Wanajo,

Why would you choose Presco Over Okomu? Beside the fact that the Trailing PE of presco is lower than that of Okomu.

I'm not Wanaj0, but will gladly oblige you on this question.

Besides the fact that the trailing p/e of presco is lower than that of Okomu, the forward p/e is also lower -- About 25, assuming year-end PAT of 321m (Q3+20%, which has approximately been the case historically), compared to Okomu's projected P/E of 36.  Presco therefore has a higher upside potential. They should both be releasing results around April or May and if the topline and bottomline growth we saw with Presco's 9-mth is anything to go by (they were able to grow turnover and PAT by 85% and 26% respectively from the previous quarter --i.e 6mth 2007, as opposed to Okomu which only grew turnover by 32% and had a negative PAT growth of 34% in the same period), the full year result should do some interesting things to presco's share price.

Bottomline: Presco is more fairly valued, has shown better growth potential in its business and has more upside (as regards the share price) than Okomu. As usual, caveat plenti, abi na tempti  cheesy grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2008
After reading the post that Aktopgun and myself might be needed soon I felt I would be doing my prospective clients a great disservice by remaining under.
IEI_I bought when it was 5.95kobo.I saw it get to 7.45kobo,in my 1+1 sense I was using it's old value of 2 naira before reconstruction to calculate how far it can go.Next time it ever reaches 6.60kobo I dey comot.Chei na so I do for Japaul wey the thing come reach 15 naira.It is only now,3 months after that I have the liver to sometimes talk about Japaul

Something is brewing in Transcorpse o.UBA bought massively into it to get a hand shake on NITEL.UBA has almost seen it's investment go down the drain.Transcorp people sabi pay themselves big salary for doing nothing.UBA has resorted to "artificially" stabilising it's own share price.Shares have been bought for staff running into billions on loan from the floor of the house.Imagine a driver getting 500k worth of shares on the condition that he won't sell them in at least a year and the money will be deducted from his salary.This is creating some sort of demand on the shares.Who knows the NSE magic might begin to happen in Transcorp soon .Too many big boys with money inside it."The more you see the less you understand".But my risk appetite no allow me go near am.As for UBA it will be a nice move to get out now,use the money on other stocks and come back later for people who intend to do CICO.But be careful when action start you no go see am buy o.

ABC-1 for 2 bonus? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.No be God!That one go help turn my spreadsheet profit to green.

Airservice-Monopoly in the industry.I thought NAHCO also dealt with serving food and cleaning  planes.So na only Airservice?The big airlines-BA et al,dey carry there food come from London,Paris,etc.They no dey use the facilities of AirService except to carry their dirty container go empty and return.Dem no want food poisioning cos that will be a potential class suit running into millions.They are lobbying against this.If they succeed expect more profit.Yes o food for inside aeroplane na big business.Another issue is that of arbitary allocation of space for bukataria inside Airport by those FAAN people.Their end of year is 31st March,2007.Lets see what Dele Cole has in stock.As no politics to play now maybe the guy fit just use him profit reward us well well cos I hear say them hammerDid you guys hear the story of his kids taking their inheritance before due date some years ago?If that story was true abeg make we send Atake to help us cordon those children for Airservices o.For medium termers it is at an attractive price now after losing from over 27 naira to 24 naira in the last week.E fit even sweet for CICO sef,if you carry plenty volume.Rumour of a bonus and early good results might just propel this one.Caveat Emptor o.I get hand and leg inside this one by "order error" o.

Insurance-Not all Insurance dey bleed o.See STACO.NEM don dey rise again o.If it's true NEM is going on TS soon,as in very very soon as speculated by "informed sources"then this rise might just be for positioning before TS.Caveat Emptor.How una de spell this Cavaet sef?

It would have been easier to change my name and return to Nairaland but for obvious reasons I have returned as blueband.Abeg those of una wey begin go dey buy Planta make una remember say blueband dey make children win inter-house sport race o.Thanks for all the kind postings I received.Walahi lai lai I no go ever play with my elders again.Na one thing dem go tell you,you go begin go think why you come London! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Crazy T how far?U don make another 3000 percent?I hope say I no dey shake you for shoulder o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2008
yodiyokun:

Sebi, I hear you peeps.

My broker na Ajebo and he no fit buy anything wey dey on BID. So make I no even think am.

Yeah my broker na Ajebo too but i get by and i dey arrange to open another account with Vetiva.

The thing be say if you take the two hands wey you get clean each other na im be say your left hand go dey dey clean and your right  hand go also dey clean innit?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2008
@blueband you don return? cheesy Me don speculate before say all that "i go retire" na shakara na cheesy grin Abi no be 70 be retirement age.

Ehen, e get one question wey I wan ask. Wetin be bakasi? all my yinglish no reach that one at all cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 5:26pm On Mar 11, 2008
E be like say make I load up on more ABC oooo grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 5:27pm On Mar 11, 2008
Wendy
As I comot I see the share price of blueband dey go down an him I return.So tay person don dey talk of planta.When I was around dem no born anyone to consider planta."Mama Bakasi"-Senator Ita Giwa(See as she carry bakasi issue for her heart,na so u carry our matter for your heart o)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stocknrock: 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2008
Is it just me or is Dunlop looking attractive for re-entry?

its been losing steam for about 3 market days now.

WindyWendy, do you think itll be safe to enter now?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2008
hbrednic:

madam WENDY thanks for that ABC tip.
2mmorrow na tommorrow.

please any infor on whats driving the price of ETERNAL?
it has been moving like a train without brakes,i don't even know when to desembark to avoid leaving
the major loot behind.my BOC experience still dey bitter for my mouth.

Naaa, no idea. Na Fatherof2 get that stock. I've no idea what's driving the price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2008
Oga Blueband, Bros Wanajo, OC Roughfcut, Madam Windy and etal,

Abg, any info/update on Japaul. Na so I dey pray everyday for the stock to go on BID but , Make I discharge them all now find somthing else enter.

@Blueband,

Are u saying  it's wise to enter TRANSCORP now?

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2008
blueband:

It would have been easier to change my name and return to Nairaland but for obvious reasons I have returned as blueband.

Chei! as you retire for a few hours na im you come return with plenti plenti info inside your post
stocknrock:

Is it just me or is Dunlop looking attractive for re-entry?

its been losing steam for about 3 market days now.

WindyWendy, do you think itll be safe to enter now?

It still as a few more days to go so make you wait!

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.