Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (639) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816701 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:31pm On Mar 11, 2008
deleted
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2008
RoughCut:

It still as a few more days to go so make you wait!

IGZAKTLI -- @stocknrock
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:35pm On Mar 11, 2008
mecatchcha:

Oga Blueband, Bros Wanajo, OC Roughfcut, Madam Windy and etal,

Abg, any info/update on Japaul. Na so I dey pray everyday for the stock to go on BID but , Make I discharge them all now find somthing else enter.

@Blueband,

Are u saying  it's wise to enter TRANSCORP now?

Thanks.

Well as you might have heard on this thread the PO shares will be listed this march so if you have made a profit you can offload and peeps seems to think that the only reason it would gain traction in terms of price moving up north is the bonus of a rumour but you know that will be suicidal to do a bonus after listing the PO shares unless the listed shares do not qualify.

If you have made profit you can disembark now or sweat on this one for a while!

As you might have noticed a lot of stocks have been recommended in the last couple of hours for you to enter.

CAVEAT EMPTY repete!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:36pm On Mar 11, 2008
blueband:

Wendy
As I comot I see the share price of blueband dey go down an him I return.So tay person don dey talk of planta.When I was around them no born anyone to consider planta[b]."Mama Bakasi"-Senator Ita Giwa(See as she carry bakasi issue for her heart,na so u carry our matter for your heart o)[/b]

OK I get you now. I don google am sharp, sharp. I didn't even know there was a senator Ita Giwa -- chei, see as I come dull for naija politics sef  grin grin. Anyway, no problem.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2008
Naijadr:

E be like say make I load up on more ABC oooo grin

All of una wey dey enter ABC sef. Apart from say the company they load bread go east, wetin dem dey do sef? How dem take different from Young Shall Grow and Ifesinachi? Inquring minds want to know. cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gudchoice: 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2008
@ WW - na so you tak bypass me?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:43pm On Mar 11, 2008
K2:

All of una wey dey enter ABC sef. Apart from say the company they load bread go east, wetin them dey do sef? How them take different from Young Shall Grow and Ifesinachi? Inquring minds want to know. cheesy

"inquiring minds want to know" LOL. reminds me of a line from one of my favorite Barbie Mason songs  cheesy

Oya o, Roughcut, na you fit answer this question best. The floor is all yours  grin But seriously, if you read some of the posts going back i-don't-know-how-many pages, you'll find some good answers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 5:43pm On Mar 11, 2008
Thanks Windy Wendy for your analysis. I guess I need to load more Presco.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2008
windywendy:

Naaa, no idea. Na Fatherof2 get that stock. I've no idea what's driving the price.

@WENDY
many thanks.
i heard union venture is set for a turn around,some foreign investors recently injected
big big funds into the coy,might be another penny stock to watch.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2008
No be only bears,with the way all sectors are seeing some red,e be like say na bear bear
Anyway,not to worry folks,I see an ALL-SECTOR rebound in the weeks ahead cos the prophecy for the year is that it's going to be volatilely BULLISH.
I've said a big AMEN to that,I don't know about y'all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2008
windywendy:

"inquiring minds want to know" LOL. reminds me of a line from one of my favorite Barbie Mason songs  cheesy

Oya o, Roughcut, na you fit answer this question best. The floor is all yours  grin But seriously, if you read some of the posts going back i-don't-know-how-many pages, you'll find some good answers.

@K2

Just read the last two pages before the pages begin begin fly and there you will find your answers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2008
RoughCut:

Well as you might have heard on this thread the PO shares will be listed this march so if you have made a profit you can offload and peeps seems to think that the only reason it would gain traction in terms of price moving up north is the bonus of a rumour but you know that will be suicidal to do a bonus after listing the PO shares unless the listed shares do not qualify.
If you have made profit you can disembark now or sweat on this one for a while!

As you might have noticed a lot of stocks have been recommended in the last couple of hours for you to enter.

CAVEAT EMPTY repete!

Japaul PO shares do not qualify for bonus or dividends sam sam and cannot be listed until closure of register after declaring the Full Year results.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2008
@wanajo,
is this a good entry price for dunlop?abi make i still wait small.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:00pm On Mar 11, 2008
Gudchoice:

@ WW - na so you tak bypass me?

bypass you ke? I fit??  shocked I no fit by pass good choice na, God forbid bad thing! grin grin

Ikeja hotels, I used to have but have since sold. Forward P/E based on a projected PAT of 649 (which they projected in their prospectus) is 22, which is fair in comparison to the other valuations we're seeing in the sector. Infact considering that they've already done 632m PAT in their 9months of FY07, I'm thinking that a more realistic projected PAT will be about 800, bringing forward P/E to about 17. Although the caveat here, as easimoni has been pointing out, is that they might make a loss in their final quarter (I seriously doubt that though).

It's a very solid fundamental stock. I'm not sure it's good for cico, but if you're into anything other than cico, it's a BUY. From TA though, it looks like there was some heavy selling on Mar.3 and 4 and some heavy buying in the two days subsequent to that. Yesteday and today looks like the stock experienced some selling pressure. Results should be out around July (i'm guessing here) and if it's anything better than what they projected (and suspect it will be), the share price should head north -- esp. if there are good rewards to back up the results. Now seems a good time to buy, if you're in for the medium term. I don't foresee it falling any more significantly that it already has. As usual, caveat plenti.

E be like say I go commot now o. Happy investing everyone. cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:02pm On Mar 11, 2008
pumping777:

Japaul PO shares do not qualify for bonus or dividends sam sam and cannot be listed until closure of register after declaring the Full Year results.

So there goes your answer mecatchcha but like i said the bonus issue is still a rumour but you know rumours drive the prices on NSE!

Peeps buy on RUMOUR and sell on NEWS or is it the other way round? I'm not saying you should do the same though grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stocknrock: 6:04pm On Mar 11, 2008
abeg I ofloaded only part of my dunlop when it got to 7.14. I stll have about 60% in it, and dont wanna push the panic sell button.

Windy and Pumpin. abi wetin una think?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:04pm On Mar 11, 2008
rasputinn:

No be only bears,with the way all sectors are seeing some red,e be like say na bear bear
Anyway,not to worry folks,I see an ALL-SECTOR rebound in the weeks ahead because the prophecy for the year is that it's going to be volatilely BULLISH.
I've said a big AMEN to that,I don't know about y'all

Chei!!! See RED for my portfolio! IEI, wetin I do you now?  grin grin grin

Abeg anyone dey see Chellarams? This bear market go bring some very good opportunities. Bring it on!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 6:07pm On Mar 11, 2008
For all the people with a reddish-looking portfolio…It depends on how you look at it!

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal and a bottle of wine,
they were exhausted and went to sleep in their tent.Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend.
“Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see.” Watson replied, “I see millions and
millions of stars.” “What does that tell you?” Holmes said. Watson pondered for a minute.

“Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo.
Timewise, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three.
Theologically, I can see that The lord is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant.
Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have, a beautiful day tomorrow.
What does it tell you?”

Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke. “Watson, you idiot, Someone has stolen our tent.”
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:11pm On Mar 11, 2008
pumping777:

Chei!!! See RED for my portfolio! IEI, wetin I do you now? grin grin grin

Abeg anyone dey see Chellarams? This bear market go bring some very good opportunities. Bring it on!

Whats the romance with this stock sef?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:14pm On Mar 11, 2008
yodiyokun:

Whats the romance with this stock sef?

Abi o, my sister. Help me ask wanaj0 and Pumping. The yeye stock no come get volume sef angry But sha o, tomorrow would be a good day to do cico on this one o. Looks like it ran out of selling steam today shocked Abeg wey my phone make I begin dial my broker grin I dey go come cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:23pm On Mar 11, 2008
windywendy:

Abi o, my sister. Help me ask wanaj0 and Pumping. The yeye stock no come get volume sef angry But sha o, tomorrow would be a good day to do cico on this one o. Looks like it ran out of selling steam today shocked Abeg wey my phone make I begin dial my broker grin I dey go come cheesy

That is what brought the attraction. The volumes surfaced from nowhere in the last few days and peaked at 134K today. A rare feat for Chellarams.

I think the general mood of the market may be creating panic selling but then it appears to have lost selling pressure today. This is a company that grew PAT by more than 200% PAT last year and has a trailing PE of around 20x. It it grows PAT by just 25%, the forward PE becomes 16x.

With only 240M shares listed, I want to see this as a good one to enter.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 6:30pm On Mar 11, 2008
The Nigerian Stock Exchange would list InternationalBreweries Plc 1,600,000,000 ordinary shares of 50k atN0.87k per share on Wednesday March 12, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2008
UBA daily stock position

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:43pm On Mar 11, 2008
Naijadr:

UBA daily stock position

Thanks! Chei, looks like the bears are back in town. Oya o, everybodi, back to fundamentals sharp, sharp grin lest those spreadsheet profits begin to dissipate before your very eyes shocked cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 6:47pm On Mar 11, 2008
@Windy
i think i misfired in this one. . .i got Bigtreat yeaterday and i still have some loot from conoil. im confused sef, cos im thinking of selling of the thing tmr and hop on the ABC train. abi i go fit get inside the train by next week monday make i chill for Big treat till friday?

@Fatherof2
what do you think about Etherna? Just entered and the stuff appreciated by 4.99 today. for real i dont know whats driving the thing but im hoping i can CICO sharpish and gerroff.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Apche(m): 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2008
loma:

For all the people with a reddish-looking portfolio…It depends on how you look at it!

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal and a bottle of wine,
they were exhausted and went to sleep in their tent.Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend.
“Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see.” Watson replied, “I see millions and
millions of stars.” “What does that tell you?” Holmes said. Watson pondered for a minute.

“Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo.
Timewise, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three.
Theologically, I can see that The lord is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant.
Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have, a beautiful day tomorrow.
What does it tell you?”

Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke. “Watson, you idiot, Someone has stolen our tent.”

grin grin grin wink smiley cheesy Nice one
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jonbullfin(m): 7:13pm On Mar 11, 2008
Hey, Is anyone keeping an eye on NCR?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 7:39pm On Mar 11, 2008
@ All ABC advocates.

Are you trying to say life begins at 70? As me don already chop 70% for the bus already as I bought under N4? So you mean I should go and marry a young wife to born another pikin? ( go load new ABC carry join the one wey I get?)

On Bigtreat, I just dey go honeymoon o (na Friday I buy), so allow me make I chop small before you close curtain o. Make the thing rise reach Friday before una dey sell o.Na alajobi I take beg you o,

Niwicable! If you like drop reach N10, na medium-to-long term I dey here!

For all the folks who will come today again and ask for Stocks to buy, I go list them below as the Gurus talk am, with Caveats Trasnferred from them to you via me.

ABC
Chellarams
AfroOil
Thomas Wyatt
WTN
Air Service
Presco

If you lose for there, just remember say I get dog for front of my house cool

Hmmn, na here you go see person talk say man no qualify to be C-in-C except him agree to be him deputy! grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 7:53pm On Mar 11, 2008
Offloaded my trippleg and Loaded up on big treat with part of the loot.The remainder is for oshodiABC straight
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 7:56pm On Mar 11, 2008
On Bigtreat, I just dey go honeymoon o (na Friday I buy), so allow me make I chop small before you close curtain o. Make the thing rise reach Friday before una dey sell o.Na alajobi I take beg you o,

grin grin grin na true o my brother, make dem chill small for us till friday.

e be like say i just have to pull funds and run inside the ABC expresstrain o. I hope say door never jam sha
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 8:01pm On Mar 11, 2008
@
Abu-Maryam,
Please I need to know how your services with APT are
Do you have a CSO, would you give such info out?
Thinking of using them. Your response would be appreciated
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RolandE(m): 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2008
I JUST SOLD ONE OF MY HOUSE IN AGBOR, DELTA STATE, FOR N2.5m YESTERDAY.
I SOLD BECAUSE I WANT TO PUT THE MONEY INTO STOCKS. I BASED IN UK.
PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASE SUGGEST 2 STOCKS FOR ME.
COS I DON,T WANT TO LOOSE THE MONEY. YOU WILL BE MY FRIEND FOR LIFE.
PLEASE: WANAJO. PUMPPING. BLUEBAND.ROUGHCUT. FATHER4 2. ETC. I NEED
HELP. I WANTED DUNLOP. MUTUAL BENEFIT. LASACO. NEM. EQUITY ASSURANCE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.