Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,030 members, 7,845,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (655) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817826 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2008
Me? Ha! Am sitting on some cash right now and the thing uppermost in my mind right now is to také one very heavy risk and sit back and enjoy the thrills or laugh at my folly in five years time.

Seriiously thinking of loading heavily on Transcorp and hang on, no matter how long it takes for them to get their acts together.

Where's my brokers number?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by CeeKay2: 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2008
Hello all! Here's my first post to this forum. Silent reader for a while now. Usually I am a medium to Longterm guy, but thats about to change cheesy

My question is for Aktopgun, Easimoni, WindyWendy, Pumping777 and all the other gurus,

1. Whats the best stocks to buy that have a December 31, 2007 year end? I plan to hold until the results are released.
2. Whats your opinion on Nascon, Crusader, Dangote Sugar, Flour Mills as answers to the above.

Keep up the good work!

CK
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2008
jideakin1:

Its just that I am moving it away from my "aboki" 'stockbreaker'.  Once the price lower a little I will be buying more with my new correct "agbero" broker

Abeg can I know this your agbero broker? my broker don nearly ruin me. she just will not buy a stock until it starts loosing.
I really need to do CICO so I need correct ajepaki broka.

Somebody even talk say e call him broka for floor. chei! this my brokar don make me think say the floor na one kain heaven wey you must wait them to come back after doing all their damage before them go come explain or inform you.

MY new broker is MBC Securities.  Mbcsec.com.  My Account Officer is on 08037909450.  You may wish to call her and discuss.  She can link you up with one of their guys that trades on the floor.  They have been relatively nicer than my other 3 BREAKERS.  Their account opening is N5m, don't know if they have lowered it now, but I doubt it.

Well, like I have always said, it is easier for me to recommend a girl for marriage than to recommend a broker.  Only AKTOPGUN and Blueband understand the behavioural attitudes of BROKERS since they study human psychology cheesy tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2008
niwicable

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:05pm On Mar 13, 2008
There is one way of knowing a newbie who has read this forum posts long enough before posting, this new entrant, Cee-kay has some very interesting set of stocks selected.

Go on guy, you are welcome.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 9:06pm On Mar 13, 2008
Una de see the volume on NIGERIAN ROPES.  What is happening there?  Uncle Napo said the other day that it is a good stock.  Any news?  WindyWendy, commot for love side now, come this side come tell us the news behind the news grin grin grin.  No be tatafo I de do so?  I beg forgive them kiss
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 9:10pm On Mar 13, 2008
Blueband, I no fit laugh oh!
This thing nobe joking matter oh, if those pple abi dat coy do me dat kain tin i go soot dem oh.
haba! watin i do dem now? small consolation wey person for get!!

Anyway, who will buy my staco @ 10% discount? I'M SERIOUS BUT I'M SELLING JUST 50KG.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 9:12pm On Mar 13, 2008
hippy:

@ aktopgun
this is actually my first post.
Abeg i need advice on stockbroker, I am presently with lead capital, Is it ok?
And which shares can i buy now that can bring me profit in say 2 - 3 months?

Hi I use Lead Capital. I am not thoriughly impressed but I get by. Forget about getting those Iliquid stocks o! Na Ajbo brokers u go dey deal with.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2008
Human psychology no fit decode how some brokers de behaviour.na vetinary psychologist you go meet for that one.especially those guys for cashcraft
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:18pm On Mar 13, 2008
eniyanman:

@oga topgun,
i dey enjoy your analysis. one quick thing about chaikin money flow (in relation to japaul oil and big treat). one needs to be careful how it is interpreted. the 21-day money flow produces "distorted" information when a previous entry (i.e. volume) is significantly above the norm. This lag/time-constant affects every filter (which chaikin money flow is). when this happens, I look at the gradient (or rate-of-change) of the money flow plot. A positve gradient even if the flow is negative, usually reveals accumulation.

my 2 cents.

got to run!

all correct sir. i always use gradients too.

one thing though, on bigtreat for example, even though the gradient is trending better, it may remain like that for a while and may go either way. if u look at the macd histogram (i use this to filter the macd itself) u will also notice it trending closer to the zero line with a positive gradient but even though it is virtually on the zero line it has refused to croo over to the positive side and it can remain like this for who knows how long.

i do take ur point though an dit is accurate. should bigtreat close lower tomorrow u will see the gradient increase on the negative side
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:19pm On Mar 13, 2008
Dang sugar has been pushing up as has been speculated from the begining of the yr. My only surprise was why it took them so long to move up.

One good strategy is to buy stocks with sound fundamentals but ignored by the market. By the time the market realizes their mistake, you will be smiling to the bank. Many other Dangote sugars are out there in the NSE, grab your own now so as to avoid chasing a moving train.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 9:25pm On Mar 13, 2008
blueband:

Human psychology no fit decode how some brokers de behaviour.na vetinary psychologist you go meet for that one.especially those guys for cashcraft

grin Its those prions, mad cow!! lol couldnt resist!! grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Una de see the volume on NIGERIAN ROPES. What is happening there? Uncle Napo said the other day that it is a good stock. Any news? WindyWendy, commot for love side now, come this side come tell us the news behind the news grin grin grin. No be tatafo I de do so? I beg forgive them kiss

Risky - me too i see am o - i dey wonder why sister-me windy never mention am, my wife na my muse, she talk sey make i go research the company first, but, where is go get such information,

but, you got to see the volume on one day last week - e be like say something one begin dey brew for that side,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:28pm On Mar 13, 2008
Cee-Kay:

Hello all! Here's my first post to this forum. Silent reader for a while now.  Usually I am a medium to Longterm guy, but thats about to change  cheesy

My question is for Aktopgun, Easimoni, WindyWendy, Pumping777 and all the other gurus,

1. Whats the best stocks to buy that have a December 31, 2007 year end? I plan to hold until the results are released.
2. Whats your opinion on Nascon, Crusader, Dangote Sugar, Flour Mills as answers to the above.

Keep up the good work!

CK

i hope u have seen easi in vancouver, he is over on ur side for a bit  cheesy cheesy

i am sorry i dont know anything about Lead. Wanajo might be able to help u with info on an agbero broker (he owns the copyright to that phrase as well  cheesy)

all the stock u have up there are quite good for the long term. very good. i havr grouped NASCON in the turnaround section of my portfolio to temper my emotional responses towards them and help put realistic expectations on what i expect from them. i think flourmills may be a bit on the high side for now though but thats looking at my pocket depth, don't know how deep urs is  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:31pm On Mar 13, 2008
Naijadr:

grin Its those prions, mad cow!! lol couldnt resist!! grin

u could be on to something ther u know cheesy cheesy. Cruetzfeld Jacob's disease even cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:32pm On Mar 13, 2008
On IEI, am also caught in there at 7.20, but no dey shake at all! Why I go shake when I know I will average it down as it keeps falling. Kool as kukumba!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 9:35pm On Mar 13, 2008
blueband:

blueband:

Ol' boy,no joke with research scientists in animal intellect.

If you were on National Geographic today,you'd have learnt that even pigs are giving chimpanzees a run for their money for the title of most intelligent beast.

Na to train Bulls make dem get sense pass Bears dem suppose research on sef. grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hippy: 9:39pm On Mar 13, 2008
@ aktopgun, wanajo,windy wendy
all u gurus abeg make una shine light on union homes for me? should i buy?
Dey hear something about onward paper mills any news on your side? thanks y'all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:41pm On Mar 13, 2008
Nobody seems to be talking about Ikeja hotels and its impressive two day full gains, abi them wan give bonus also like as una dey rumour on this forum, good stock, sound management.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:45pm On Mar 13, 2008
invisible!:

Nobody seems to be talking about Ikeja hotels and its impressive two day full gains, abi them wan give bonus also like as una dey rumour on this forum, good stock, sound management.

sshhhhhhhhhhhh! the walls have ears.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2008
My man topgun, didnt know you have finished with the psychotic guy, what are your thoughts on transcorp at current stand? Good or bad buy for longest term.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2008
invisible man.

u mant me to sleep in the office, they dont pay me enough cheesy cheesy

transcorp for me jare is still shrouded in too much politics and back room engineering. i have no doubt it will be forced to get its act together but i would like to see a settled board room, a serious investor and a healthy balance sheet and business plan before i put in my money. i feel there are still better opportunities for now.

@ risky et roughcut
u dey look may&baker after the harami cross yesterday
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 9:59pm On Mar 13, 2008
aktopgun:

sshhhhhhhhhhhh! the walls have ears.

94 millions in volume today, that wall got to have ears o, ki lo sele, mind you the low was at N8
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 10:00pm On Mar 13, 2008
@ AKTOPGUN

PLS SHINE LIGHT ON TRANSCORP.
MAKE WE EVEN SEE WHAT THE CANDLES SAY. SENTIMENTS APART.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 10:03pm On Mar 13, 2008
lawalidowu:

@ AKTOPGUN

PLS SHINE LIGHT ON TRANSCORP.
MAKE WE EVEN SEE WHAT THE CANDLES SAY. SENTIMENTS APART.

na hanging man o - And, sentiment got to dey for that one o. (it is either you are dinning with a long spoon or a short spoon with t'corps)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:03pm On Mar 13, 2008
@ topgun, I understand you about Transcorp, my only fear is that by the time the fog clears enough, it's not gonna be selling for N10.

Its a big risk now, but what the heck, life is all a big risk.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:05pm On Mar 13, 2008
transcorp

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Achika(f): 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2008
Just read from proshare website that there is rumors of dangote sugar doing both bonus and dividend. I pray so!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2008
See me see trouble o, how has everybody suddenly started looking at 'my' Transcorp? Chei! And I never buy my own.

Lawalidowu and Savvylanre should steer off o, AKT warn them o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:10pm On Mar 13, 2008
invisible!:

See me see trouble o, how has everybody suddenly started looking at 'my' Transcorp? Chei! And I never buy my own.

Lawalidowu and Savvylanre should steer off o, AKT warn them o.

ol boy, make samstone cool cool cool cool no catch u o! grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kabraw(m): 10:11pm On Mar 13, 2008
Please fellas, my stock broker has not been able to purchase some shares in the last week or two.Issued a buy order for lawunion,abc, and mutual benefit with prices higher than the lowest prices set for the day on these shares but no luck.Will like to know,if these stocks are on strong bid.Your response is appreciated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2008
kabraw:

Please fellas, my stock broker has not been able to purchase some shares in the last week or two.Issued a buy order for lawunion,abc, and mutual benefit with prices higher than the lowest prices set for the day on these shares but no luck.Will like to know,if these stocks are on strong bid.Your response is appreciated.

mbenefit-weak bid
lawunion-weak bid
abc- dont know, probably

the daily bid list is generously provided by naijadr on a daily basis. its on the previous page

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.