Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,676 members, 7,865,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:11 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820705 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:15pm On Mar 13, 2008
aktopgun:

transcorp

AKT, out of love I am sounding this warning.  TRANSCORP fit spoil your candle and scatter all the chart.  I know what it cannot do grin   It is risky to try to analyse TRANSCORP, since the company does not yet exist, its only the boardmembers and some falling signposts that can be analysed for now.  And they are very mercurial to be subjected to any analysis, that is the biggest advantage cry  VETENARY DOCTORS, over to you grin grin grin

It appears the stock is afraid of N4 for now tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by CeeKay2: 10:16pm On Mar 13, 2008
AKtopgun, thanks for your reply!

I no see easimoni for Vancouver o!. In fact I no see ANYmoni sef. Your reply to my question( post 21079) addressed going long term, I guess i didn't phrase it properly.
I wan do CICO with equities that have a 31/12/07 full year end. Maybe i should call it quasi-CICO because i can hold for asl ong as it takes for the results to be announced. Fundamentally sound companies only. Wetin u feel?

Guys and Babes, make una put mouth too!! smiley

CK
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:16pm On Mar 13, 2008
invisible!:

Nobody seems to be talking about Ikeja hotels and its impressive two day full gains, abi them wan give bonus also like as una dey rumour on this forum, good stock, sound management.

Ikeja Hotel

I no fit talk as I dey too busy admiring the one wey I carry  grin grin grin Na Executive suite I dey.

Me don load this one before anybody go come chance my ajebo broker. Na since last week the heavy volumes don start. 100M+ volumes today Na o ga ju  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kabraw(m): 10:17pm On Mar 13, 2008
aktopgun, thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:19pm On Mar 13, 2008
Mr. Risky:

AKT, out of love I am sounding this warning.  TRANSCORP fit spoil your candle and scatter all the chart.  I know what it cannot do grin   It is risky to try to analyse TRANSCORP, since the company does not yet exist, its only the boardmembers and some falling signposts that can be analysed for now.  And they are very mercurial to be subjected to any analysis, that is the biggest advantage cry  VETENARY DOCTORS, over to you grin grin grin

It appears the stock is afraid of N4 for now tongue

cheesy cheesy

if u look at my chart i talk am for there say this one no dey follow technicals na ndidi dey control am.

btw did u know  that livestock feeds is one of the best CICO opportunities out ther now. look at the chart. sweet.

u dey look may& baker so.

caveats apply on livestock o but not for u risky.  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:24pm On Mar 13, 2008
deleted
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:24pm On Mar 13, 2008
pumping777:

Ikeja Hotel

I no fit talk as I dey too busy admiring the one wey I carry  grin grin grin Na Executive suite I dey.

Me don load this one before anybody go come chance my ajebo broker. Na since last week the heavy volumes don start. 100M+ volumes today Na o ga ju  grin grin

e be like say na me serve u room service last week. abi no be u dey executive suite for penthouse? cheesy cheesy

i talk am say i see nairaland for the man laptop when i drop the tray. so na u.  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:27pm On Mar 13, 2008
kabraw:

Please fellas, my stock broker has not been able to purchase some shares in the last week or two.Issued a buy order for lawunion,abc, and mutual benefit with prices higher than the lowest prices set for the day on these shares but no luck.Will like to know,if these stocks are on strong bid.Your response is appreciated.

That your broker na correct business man.  Even in Mushin market, you can find those stocks to buy.  How much money you don give am.  Watch him closely. En get telephone?  I would have advised you call him to ask him why he has not bought those stocks for you. Again maybe it is divine intervention.  I see that two there are insurance stocks.  Do you live close to any hospital?  I am just asking just in case the stocks are placed on Technical Suspension, and that very soon kiss
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 10:28pm On Mar 13, 2008
This thank you message is for Baba Tobe

Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone.  That is why I say big thank you for your un-relented effort in helping each and everyone of us (undermining the way the questions were asked) in checking those candles and interpreting them.

I would have lost more than 1.5m this week alone if not for you and your candles on Big Treat and Niwicable especially.
Unity bank’s mistake was of my doing cause I was not patient enough.

You see something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim.

Thanks and may the good Lord meets you at your point of need.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kabraw(m): 10:29pm On Mar 13, 2008
Mr Risky,
Na Vetiva be my stockbroker.Man tire
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:29pm On Mar 13, 2008
@pumping, the train for Ikeja hotels may still accomodate a few more long distance travellers or even hitch hikers (CICO) Lets see how this one plays out tomorrow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:30pm On Mar 13, 2008
Mr. Risky:

That your broker na correct business man.  Even in Mushin market, you can find those stocks to buy.  How much money you don give am.  Watch him closely. En get telephone?  I would have advised you call him to ask him why he has not bought those stocks for you. Again maybe it is divine intervention.  I see that two there are insurance stocks.  Do you live close to any hospital?  I am just asking just in case the stocks are placed on Technical Suspension, and that very soon kiss

@risky

wetin na tobechukwu dey sleep here o. u wan make i wake am  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

kabraw, don't mind risky, its his way of warning u of the insurance sector and their impending Public offers for which their shares will be place on technical suspension and therfore cant be traded during the Public offers  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 10:32pm On Mar 13, 2008
aktopgun,
nice of you to continue to shine your candles but one thing I noticed from the NIWICABLE chart. the pattern is a double top which is also not a good sign in TA and also the chart exhibited a bearish trend as it formed the pattern of a lower high. we'll have to wait and see whether it will be a lower low. If not then pray for it to be a converging triangle (AGLEVENT and UTC before the break out early his year). What are your thoughts
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:33pm On Mar 13, 2008
aktopgun:

e be like say na me serve u room service last week. abi no be u dey executive suite for penthouse? cheesy cheesy

i talk am say i see nairaland for the man laptop when i drop the tray. so na u.  grin

Chei!!! You ke? A whole TopRangeGun? Fear no go come gree me chop the food were top gun like you serve  grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kabraw(m): 10:34pm On Mar 13, 2008
Thanks for the info.Maybe Vetiva is trying to help me.I no get power go hospital.To see doctor here dey cost .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:36pm On Mar 13, 2008
invisible!:

@pumping, the train for Ikeja hotels may still accomodate a few more long distance travellers or even hitch hikers (CICO) Lets see how this one plays out tomorrow.

I don CICO this one a few times but I no wan hear that one near result time. I wan tanda inside for now like say we form the company together  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:41pm On Mar 13, 2008
grabdaloot:

aktopgun,
nice of you to continue to shine your candles but one thing I noticed from the NIWICABLE chart. the pattern is a double top which is also not a good sign in TA and also the chart exhibited a bearish trend as it formed the pattern of a lower high. we'll have to wait and see whether it will be a lower low. If not then pray for it to be a converging triangle (AGLEVENT and UTC before the break out early his year). What are your thoughts

grabdaloot.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:45pm On Mar 13, 2008
kabraw:

Mr Risky,

On a more serious note, try mbc securities.  They have really impressed me.  They answer my mails, return my calls.  They listen and are willing to help.  Sometimes, though, brokers do have their challenges, especially when there is demand for stocks that are on bid and stocks that are also illiquid.  I always watch to see that I leave them some space, so I know that what I am asking for is truly gettable.  I have my mandates executed same day, almost always.  Call this lady and discuss with her: 08037909450.

Before meeting mbc I had used Citycode trust (they still use manual typewriter in their office filled with cobwebs, up till now they can accept N5 to open account grin grin grin), Mainland Trust (these ones are afraid of internet), Profund Securities (their problem is that if you need your cheque tomorrow, sell your stock the previous month) cheesy  But mbc has been comparatively much better in efficiency and effectiveness.  Only few brokers, if any can give 100% service delivery, "agbero" sometimes de break the rules grin grin But you too try and be friendly. Call titles if you can remember any grin grin grin - Aunty, madam, sweet lady etc, etc. You don't have to be dry cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:49pm On Mar 13, 2008
crazyT:

This thank you message is for Baba Tobe

Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone.  That is why I say big thank you for your un-relented effort in helping each and everyone of us (undermining the way the questions were asked) in checking those candles and interpreting them.

I would have lost more than 1.5m this week alone if not for you and your candles on Big Treat and Niwicable especially.
Unity bank’s mistake was of my doing cause I was not patient enough.

You see something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim.

Thanks and may the good Lord meets you at your point of need.

I am truly touched sir. thank u for ur prayers. A BIG AMEN TO IT.

I am learning too and have a great long way to go still.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:51pm On Mar 13, 2008
kabraw:

Mr Risky,

On a more serious note, try mbc securities.  They have really impressed me.  They answer my mails, return my calls.  They listen and are willing to help.  Sometimes, though, brokers do have their challenges, especially when there is demand for stocks that are on bid and stocks that are also illiquid.  I always watch to see that I leave them some space, so I know that what I am asking for is truly gettable.  I have my mandates executed same day, almost always.  Call this lady and discuss with her: 08037909450.

Before meeting mbc I had used Citycode trust (they still use manual typewriter in their office filled with cobwebs, up till now they can accept N5 to open account grin grin grin), Mainland Trust (these ones are afraid of internet), Profund Securities (their problem is that if you need your cheque tomorrow, sell your stock the previous month) cheesy  But mbc has been comparatively much better in efficiency and effectiveness.  Only few brokers, if any can give 100% service delivery, "agbero" sometimes de break the rules grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:54pm On Mar 13, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Before meeting mbc I had used Citycode trust (they still use manual typewriter in their office filled with cobwebs, up till now they can accept N5 to open account grin grin grin), Mainland Trust (these ones are afraid of internet), Profund Securities (their problem is that if you need your cheque tomorrow, sell your stock the previous month) cheesy  But mbc has been comparatively much better in efficiency and effectiveness.  Only few brokers, if any can give 100% service delivery, "agbero" sometimes de break the rules grin grin

so did u buy M&B?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2008
Mr. Risky:

On a more serious note, try mbc securities. They have really impressed me. They answer my mails, return my calls. They listen and are willing to help. Sometimes, though, brokers do have their challenges, especially when there is demand for stocks that are on bid and stocks that are also illiquid. I always watch to see that I leave them some space, so I know that what I am asking for is truly gettable. I have my mandates executed same day, almost always. Call this lady and discuss with her: 08037909450.

Before meeting mbc I had used Citycode trust (they still use manual typewriter in their office filled with cobwebs, up till now they can accept N5 to open account grin grin grin), Mainland Trust (these ones are afraid of internet), Profund Securities (their problem is that if you need your cheque tomorrow, sell your stock the previous month) cheesy But mbc has been comparatively much better in efficiency and effectiveness. Only few brokers, if any can give 100% service delivery, "agbero" sometimes de break the rules grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy You too get mouth!

It's very difficult for someone to crack me up, but you won the Oscar on this piece
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:59pm On Mar 13, 2008
pumping777:

Chei!!! You ke? A whole TopRangeGun? Fear no go come gree me chop the food were top gun like you serve  grin grin grin

YES O NA ME SERVE THE TEA TO MADAM AND GIVE U THAT DON PERRIER WEY U ORDER TO WASH DOWN THE GRILLED SALMON U ORDERED.

I WAS TIGHT FOR DOSH WHEN I BUY THE THING SO NA ONLY BASEMENT APARTMENT I FIT AFFORD FOR THE HOTEL JARE,  cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:12pm On Mar 13, 2008
Cee-Kay:

AKtopgun, thanks for your reply!

I no see easimoni for Vancouver o!. In fact I no see ANYmoni sef. Your reply to my question( post 21079) addressed going long term,  I guess i didn't phrase it properly.
I wan do CICO with equities that have a 31/12/07 full year end. Maybe i should call it quasi-CICO because i can hold for asl ong as it takes for the results to be announced. Fundamentally sound companies only. Wetin u feel?

U no see me? tongue Na me dey queue for visa at west pender! grin

As a newbie (welcome) make I give you an out-of-the-box suggestion; First Inland bank! Dey watch as the thing dey decline but pick it up when you feel a support. They'll triple PAT after the current FY and banks have had a pretty decent record of meeting the projections in prospectuses (or is it prospectii?). Unfortunately, the FY will be truncated at 8 months because of the Dec YE edict. But I like it as a growth stock.

Other than that, UBA, UBA, UBA.

BTW, I no get First inland but I get UBA plenti.

And I don comot Vancouver; mission accomplished.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 11:18pm On Mar 13, 2008
Easimoni
Welcome back.I guess your network is up. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.If you see IOMA no cut him neck o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:27pm On Mar 13, 2008
AKTOPGUN! AKTOPGUN!! AKTOPGUN!!!
I called u 3 times in a military way, do u want me to faint? Okay Na CORNERST INS i de sue before u, i want commit suicide my house and Gazza strip no de far if u didnt answer u go hear wenn. Wetin kirikomi de talk? Abi no be kirikomi plz put me right.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2008
Somebody advice say make person no dey dry if you dey talk to ya broker.

That wan na TIP for me sha.

I am always like straight to biz everytime I am talking to mine.

I guess it explains why I had problems.

I no go mind to put darling if necessary.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 11:52pm On Mar 13, 2008
@ALL, any technical way of knowing when a stock bottomed out?

I want to buy some more IEI to average down entry price.

I hope someone is keeping an eye on Academy press, e be like say na only me dey for Union Dicon ride, round 2, no shaking! grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 11:55pm On Mar 13, 2008
aktopgun:

so did u buy M&B?

For where I didn't order though. For me, the weather never clear yet? Thanks for asking. And thanks for your good work today. We go soon contribute to buy more candles for you. Make the bull come first grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 12:07am On Mar 14, 2008
Prince11:

@ALL, any technical way of knowing when a stock bottomed out?

I want to buy some more IEI to average down entry price.

I hope someone is keeping an eye on Academy press, e be like say na only me dey for Union Dicon ride, round 2, no shaking! grin
i think the RSI is a good tool that suggests when a security has bottomed out.

Anything below 30 shows that it is oversold meaning it has bottomed out assuming you are using 70-30.
IEI may still go down a bit. It is already in the oversold region, but if a 'three black cow' forms by tomorrow, it means reversal may not be far away.

The guru have the last say please.

My 2 kobo.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 12:15am On Mar 14, 2008
aktopgun:

between did u know  that livestock feeds is one of the best CICO opportunities out ther now. look at the chart. sweet.

caveats apply on livestock o but not for u risky.  cheesy

AKT, na now u see am?, me I don kpamu 4 driver's seat with a few hundred Kgs. I just dey like Dele de watch am
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dvonne(f): 12:34am On Mar 14, 2008
Hello ,been reading your posts ,very helpful, salute all the gurus o
Please can i still buy ikeja hotels,
contemplating ikeja hotels or live stock for short term or meduim
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.