Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820404 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 8:07pm On Mar 17, 2008
EKWA (m)
London England

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians
« #21448 on: March 15, 2008, 08:04 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INVISIBLE,my point is in respective people work for us we should treat them with respect and kindness to get best out of them even my gate man.In Nigeria I have 35 staff,I pay them monthly out of 35 staff ,I already given 21 car registered on their names.
My broker is not obliged to give me inside news and information for me to better my life and family.As my people use to say you use money to get money.

Report to moderator Logged

marco74 (m)
ireland

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians
« #21449 on: March 15, 2008, 08:30 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is it just me!!ekwa is sounding pretty much like elder napoleon?!anyway your contributions will be most welcomed if it assists other forum members in making more naira!!
@all what do u guys say about utc,japaul,and wapic medium term(9 months).thanks

Report to moderator Logged

if it ain't broke don't fix it

Ekwa was using a well known igbo provern. but oga naps is a northerner so it is not the same poster. unless Ekwa has met with Sir Nap here in london?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2008
Hi folks
I wish to comment about this current trend,

Good result:Dip in price; Dismal result:Increase in price

Is some one stiring the market? I doubt it sha else this person(s) are strong.
Yes I have read from investment books that fundamentally sound (blue chip coys) grow slowly, BUT STEADILY. Its a market so some will be loosing as others are gaining, no worries
My suggestions stick to the mid fundamentally sound coys and begin to shift from CICO to short term, Even if its 3 months, that is if you have a lower risk profile,
If you have a sound abi agbero broker and liver plenti then enjoy CICO. I pray for long life to see what is going to happen to this trend,
BOOKS WILL BE WRITTEN ABOUT THIS
Happy investing, or is it cicoing
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by peterbabs(m): 8:21pm On Mar 17, 2008
Thanks all, I got into staco @6.16, i don,t need to pay capital until 1year but will service the loan monthly. Just thinking about this their right issue maybe i should wait to také it then sell the original ones post ts. What do you think?

@jideakin1

I'd like to know the bank that provided the facility, perhaps your relationship officer as well (if you don't mind). You could e-mail me on peterbabs at hotmale com
Thanx in advance.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 8:26pm On Mar 17, 2008
RoughCut:

ABC did a RED MARUBOZU today which is a definite confirmation of the BULLISH REVERSAL that started last friday so[b] i'm afraid its still going to shed a few more pounds and KG's in the days ahead[/b].The volumes is thinning out so that's a bit hmnnnnnnnnnn

Thank you jare, I don bail commot for ABC today with about 150% bought in December @ 2.65, the other one that was bought @ 5.72 still dey inside o but I know say no matter wetin happen I don hammer already.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2008
Sold some of my ABC after making 100 percent in a month!phew!.
Aktopgun what will I buy tomorrow?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 9:01pm On Mar 17, 2008
@peterbabs

it's bankphb, but you will be tied to Platinum capital as your broker and those guys ain't no agbero at all.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:05pm On Mar 17, 2008
hey guys
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 9:08pm On Mar 17, 2008
does anyone have anything to say about presco? who know when their result will be out? or is it out already?
correct me pls if I'm wrong, they have 500M outstanding share and 3Qtr result of 267,141,000?

Any info abeg, my broker is advicing me to buy it
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lumidii: 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2008
There was scant news of something tasty brewing for Juli Pharmacy last week, Julius Adelusi-Adeluyi was reported to have teamed up with some investors in turning-around the fortunes of the company. Does anyone on here have the details? Wendy perhaps? Was just looking at the daily activities, and the volumes traded in Juli is just so unusual. Any insights?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 9:16pm On Mar 17, 2008
as i mentioned here last week and was ignored. PHB is highly over subcribed. i am getting my full allocation because this is my year. anybody that wants theirs too this is the time to act. or wait for your returned monies in the next one month. lipsrsealed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 9:17pm On Mar 17, 2008
@aktopgun
oya respond to my post, I can see you're online.
Abeg respond now before my ajebo broker wey wan impress me go go buy nonsense give me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2008
@Wanajo, thanks for this post in particular, I have had to read it over and over again , and will be making some major decisions. Thanks smiley

[b]I don't want to be drawn into the long term and short term debate!!! Each one of them is good. What you do is a function of your age and your portfolio size.

The younger you are, the higher the risk that you should take. Also the smaller your portfolio, the higher the risk you are willing to take.

If you manage a portfolio of N1bn, you will not be buying Chellarams; Livestock etc. Firstly the units available is not that much, secondly the risk is too much vis avis the returns. That's why major brokers have a list of investible securities!!!!

If I am young and I have a relatively small portfolio, I can invest in stocks without fundamentals and do CICO so as to accelerate the growth of my portfolio while understanding the risk involved.

For the LONG TERMERS, best way to make money is via PP's and good PO's. Right now what we have are over priced PO's. Look @ the NAHCO offer for sale? You make over 1000% within a year!!! Na those kind thing me I like.

Many good PP's are going on now. If you have deep pockets, just move in. Omatek computer is one. Will be selling @ 2.50/share. Zenith and GTB are core investors via the SME financing scheme.

Food Concepts is going on. Not that fantastic. You should however be able to get in at a premium.

With those PP's, you can make 500% easily within a year. You can also get BIG units that if you stay in for 5years, you will be smilling at yourself everyday.

Those with DEEP pockets, don't trade on the floor in reality. Even when they buy shares, they buy below the NSE price because they just got the company to issue shares to them.

For those who are friends on this site, now is the time to collaborate so that you can take positions jointly in some good companies. You can also use the power of leverage that way. You can put 25% of the money down collectively and get 75% financing. Many things are going on now that peeps need to take advantage off.[/b]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 9:20pm On Mar 17, 2008
Omatek is hard to get into. i am buying at 3.00 for 1 m units. the comp already has raised enough cash. i have no link for tnt.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdbull: 9:22pm On Mar 17, 2008
Stockbrokers for NSE just dey too wonderful. After flunking CICO for Conoil, I come decide to wait out the trend small, na him I say make I average down since one week ago. My broker say him no see Conoil buy!!!!!! How can?!!!!! Stock wey dey lose maximum 5% daily!!! Meaning say d stock dey on offer. Abi no be so If people no see am buy, wetin come dey drop de price na

AKTOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPS. I pay homage o! I dey greet madam & Tobe.

I say God bless this house sorry, thread and everyone who contributes.

Greentree, that your name be like agreement between Nija and Cameroun concerning Bakassi. How U dey?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdbull: 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2008
Anyway, me I don cancel the Conoil order, make my entire arm no go burn instead of only fingers. I don re-channel my energy to sumtin else
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 9:26pm On Mar 17, 2008
By the way, it is looking like Chams will be listed on the NSE earlier than planned !!!, that will be fantastic news,

It is in the papers today, see,

http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/private-placements/787-chams-private-placement-6.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:30pm On Mar 17, 2008
tomorrow is a big day for CCNN going by the patterns today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 9:30pm On Mar 17, 2008
@Oga pumping, blueband and any other prosecutor of Cashthieves - One Cashcraft advocate don surface,

Dejipumpin:

All i can see from these posts is personal beefing. I believe some guys/coy paid you to write all these image denting stuffs about Cashcraft. Even a layman would know that you're being baised after reading your initial posted beef-talk. No matter your dealings through them, i'm of the opinion that you can still settle issues through your account officer or whoever manages your account, and not to come to the forum to post topic that draws undeserved
recognition & unnecessary attention to you. If you care to know, i'm one of the people that believe in Cashcraft as one of the best Stockbroking, Portfolio Mgt, Asset mgt & Investment coy in Nigeria. Case closed! ! !

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-118241.0.html

My people abeg make you na no vex o for the side track,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2008
greentree:

R.T. BRISCOE PLC released its result for the year endedDecember 31, 2007. The Company’s Turnover and Profit afterTax went up by 23% and 15% respectively.

im pleased that when i said dangote sugar is giving a 1 for 5 bonus on friday i was ignored very pleased. my new broker is a dream. i hope it will last sha

@Greentree - na who tell you say we dey ignore you,  siddon there, we dey digest you well well - sometimes when people no talk, them no mean say them ignore you,  It is wisdom to listen first and speak later,

Anway, me i dey watch you closely - since the day after your met with Napoleon. (I no forget)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 9:46pm On Mar 17, 2008
Poly Products Nigeria Plc.

Poly products Nigeria plc released its full year results for the period ended 31st March 2007. In the results released turn over for the period increased by 13.3 percent from N1.5 billion in 2006 to N1.7 billion in 2007.
Profit before tax moved northwards by 122.6 percent from N12.4 million in 2006 to N27.6 million in 2007.
After tax profit for the period under review increased significantly by 1857.1 percent from N700.0 thousand in 2006 to N13.7 million in 2007

Seriously if you give me 1.5 billion naira I will declare more than 27.6 million as profit.Even if you put that money in a fixed deposit account for one year at interest of 5 percent for goodness sake that is 75 million naira.Will it not be better for the owners of poly Products to invest in stocks on the floor?Because business is about making profit.

This is the typical Nigeria Magu Magu for you.I seriously suspect most companies under declare their results.Haba, 27million naira profit with a turn over of 1.5 billion shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 9:49pm On Mar 17, 2008
aktopgun:

tomorrow is a big day for CCNN going by the patterns today.

AKT, how children? Can the Candle show if the upcoming result for CCNN will be a bad one? Tell me now, so I can position myself. Bad results are the inthings now in NSE grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lumidii: 9:59pm On Mar 17, 2008
@ Aktopgun

Have you had any response/mails in response to the collaboration you suggested?, after Wanajo initially mooted the idea, i for one will love to be part of it, but more folks need to show interest for it to be workable. Mutual trust is also an essential ingredient for it to be realisable. There's so much effectiveness in financial might. There's so much we can do if only we can pull together, to pool the funds.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 9:59pm On Mar 17, 2008
does anyone have anything to say about presco? who know when their result will be out? or is it out already?
correct me please if I'm wrong, they have 500M outstanding share and 3Qtr result of 267,141,000?

I can see many of us are still online and no one is answering my question, abi una no sabi presco?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 10:16pm On Mar 17, 2008
jideakin1:

correct me please if I'm wrong, they have 500M outstanding share and 3Qtr result of 267,141,000?

I can see many of us are still online and no one is answering my question, abi una no sabi presco?

@WANAJO AND AUNTY WINDYWENDY DON ANSWER THIS ONE BEFORE. DEM SAY PRESCO GOOD. TRY TO READ THEIR PAST POSTS.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:18pm On Mar 17, 2008
jideakin1:

PRE WHO?  grin grin grin grin. Only kidding

i have presco with the data u posted above. their main business is vegetable oils isnt it and thye have plantations in edo and delta.
they are on track to meet the earnings projections for them and i have a forward PE of like 21x, not bad at all. liquidity is an issue though so i am assuming ur broker has assured u  he or she can get it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2008
Going with the DSR result and bonus,
i would advice peeps not to sell now cos even if the price gets to (about) N45 and is marked down to about N37, the price should rebound to the early 40's range in a not distant future so why not get more shares, a few thousands as dividend and sell at a decent price.

my lil analysis though,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2008
lumidii:

@ Aktopgun

Have you had any response/mails in response to the collaboration you suggested?, after Wanajo initially mooted the idea, i for one will love to be part of it, but more folks need to show interest for it to be workable. Mutual trust is also an essential ingredient for it to be realisable. There's so much effectiveness in financial might. There's so much we can do if only we can pull together, to pool the funds.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy not even one!!. not surprised though
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 10:27pm On Mar 17, 2008
@AKT
Thanks jare na she sef.
the babe wan impress me after i don call am enough darling, honey, sweety, sugar,,
I hope she'll get it sha.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 10:49pm On Mar 17, 2008
blueband:

Poly Products Nigeria Plc.

Poly products Nigeria plc released its full year results for the period ended 31st March 2007. In the results released turn over for the period increased by 13.3 percent from N1.5 billion in 2006 to N1.7 billion in 2007.
Profit before tax moved northwards by 122.6 percent from N12.4 million in 2006 to N27.6 million in 2007.
After tax profit for the period under review increased significantly by 1857.1 percent from N700.0 thousand in 2006 to N13.7 million in 2007

Seriously if you give me 1.5 billion naira I will declare more than 27.6 million as profit.[[/b]b]Even if you put that money in a fixed deposit account for one year at [b]interest of 5 percent for goodness sake that is 75 million naira.[/b]Will it not be better for the owners of poly Products to invest in stocks on the floor?Because business is about making profit.

[b]This is the typical Nigeria Magu Magu for you.[/b]I seriously suspect most companies under declare their results.Haba, 27million naira profit with a turn over of 1.5 billion shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Perhaps it simply was a bad year and not mago mago.

What if a company declares a loss and not profit.It happens,doesn't it.

Their meagre profit should rather be investigated by looking at the accounts,e.t.c.-things that the financial analysts best no how to do. tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:01pm On Mar 17, 2008
Krrush:

Perhaps it simply was a bad year and not mago mago.

What if a company declares a loss and not profit.It happens,doesn't it.

Their meagre profit should rather be investigated by looking at the accounts,e.t.c.-things that the financial analysts best no how to do. tongue

but Krushh. i dont need a financial analyst to tell me that a company who had what, 1.5b go thru its business and made only N13 odd million hasnt done great u know. the "why" may show interesting gist but it shows me the management isnt doing a good job with their available resources. worrying for a value investor cuz there's no apparent value there. that profit margin isnt great, in fact it is disgraceful, how much will they need to grow turnover to make N26m?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:02pm On Mar 17, 2008
@krushh

sorry i meant to say grow profit to N26m.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:11pm On Mar 17, 2008
aktopgun my man,plsbestraight with me, watsallthe lovewith ABCtrnsport and isit wiseto enter atcurrent price, give me the lo-lo

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.