Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,781 members, 7,851,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:19 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (670) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (818718 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2008
@roughcut

grin grin grin grin e be like say my fingers quick press reply pass u but yes as we discussed on friday on ABC, na so market do am today. nice one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2008
aktopgun:

@roughcut

se o n ri ABC sha! grin

He be like say wetin you get now don pass winch level. You don dey do rubber neck view my post before you post
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:50pm On Mar 17, 2008
who was i begging to be careful on dansugar last week sef?

full 5% loss today. na wa o!. abi the good result had been factored into that hike late last week in its price? undecided grin

rough few days ahead it seems
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 1:55pm On Mar 17, 2008
aktopgun:

full 5% loss today. na wa o!. abi the good result had been factored into that hike late last week in its price? undecided grin

Na real wa-a-aaaaaa, Good result plus bonus and dividend, price heads to calabar; BAD result and even ridiculously BAD result (see UNTL) price keeps gaining 5%.

But maybe more bonus addicts may go after the dangote sugar and help the price get up a bit before close of register, but from the charts, seems like it's headed downwards
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 1:56pm On Mar 17, 2008
Its correct, the bonus has been factored into the stock price by insiders rushing in last week, I heard it was a 1 for 4 last week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:59pm On Mar 17, 2008
@pumping

sure u dint remember this but about about 6 weeks ago or so, we were discussing Oceanic bank and i said i didnt think it would fall below N28 but i didnt have anything to substantiate my argument apart from the fact that i bought twice both under N28 (only just below N28 on one occasion) . U felt it would drop further below N28 cuz the results were still far off at the time.

well my dear friend, as always, u were right going by today's prices. Nice one
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 2:05pm On Mar 17, 2008
Today's pricelist.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2008
Alao Akala's election upheld.Adedibu surely knows his onions!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 2:14pm On Mar 17, 2008
Today's pricelist.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:16pm On Mar 17, 2008
The closure date is what has killed the Dangote stock. Next week Monday and this week has another 2 days of holidays. Many folks like to sell before closure of the register instead of waiting endlessly for the bonus shares and dividends. It means one has  only a 3 day window after today to sell. They're probably worried about the stock becoming over-priced.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:18pm On Mar 17, 2008
RT Briscoe

Chei!!! Finally representing. So the rumour jist correct? Thank God for patience. I bin say it was still okay to buy at N32 about 2 weeks ago se? I think it would have been a good idea. Abeg, anyone with the results?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Highlander: 2:20pm On Mar 17, 2008
aktopgun:

There is surely going to be a reversal tomorrow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:21pm On Mar 17, 2008
pumping777:

. Next week Monday and this week has another 2 days of holidays. Many folks like to sell before closure of the register instead of waiting endlessly for the bonus shares and dividends.

A lot of peeps also like to sell before the dividends are applied because the price will be marked down by the dividend paid and you also have to pay taxes on your dividends so no show there!

I hope he has stopped that nonsense with paying dividends quarterly
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:43pm On Mar 17, 2008
RoughCut:

A lot of peeps also like to sell before the dividends are applied because the price will be marked down by the dividend paid and you also have to pay taxes on your dividends so no show there!

I hope he has stopped that nonsense with paying dividends quarterly

Price will move up after the closure. Expect a sudden rise almost after.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 2:47pm On Mar 17, 2008
I heard  people who applied for only 8,000 units in the bank PHB public offer got full allocation . is there any truth to this rumour? if na so i beg aktopgun send me your antipo vaccine abi na to do anti po public offer in which everybody will be given 100% allocation . If what i have been reading in this forum is anything to go by, i dont really think all the po are oversubscribed but it more of the money bags willing to pay above premium  premiums for these po
na so life be
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2008
lawalidowu:

@pumpin

I have somE RTBRISCOE
as they have given a 1 to 4 bonus now, if i sell my holdings say tomorrow, will i get the bonus?
also this news should mean people would start selling off and may lead to a price decline.
is this statement valid?
please analyze

@ALL
FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUT

I get too. First we need to know when the register closes. I'm sure the register cannot close tomorrow because at the earliest the result was released today. In this case if you sell tomorrow, you don't get dividend or bonus.

No, people will not start selling off. Obviously the rumour of bonus here had been kept under a lid so the stock price had not really appreciated to reflect this bonus. Expect around another 20% increase or more based on 1 for 4 bonus.

Now, if you are someone who likes accumulating bonus shares, then you can decide to wait until after the closure date to sell. It all depends on you. Also,  note that depending on how good the results were and how much the price appreciates before the mark down, the stock may head up north again even after mark down. This is not usually the case but a recent example is Deap.

If you want to take profit, then try to sell as close to the closure of the register as possible or until you see the price stabilizing.  My expectation is around N38 but this will be clearer after seeing the results.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2008
Highlander:

There is surely going to be a reversal tomorrow.

i'd like to believe u but on what do u base this comment highlander?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:55pm On Mar 17, 2008
wanaj0:

Price will move up after the closure. Expect a sudden rise almost after.

i am sure.

afterall it is still quite strong fundamentally and that hasnt changed with the resukts announced recently either.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:02pm On Mar 17, 2008
clarification sought on dansugar guys.

i am presuming that with the 1 for 5 bonus, the outstanding shares will rise 20%. isn't it?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Highlander: 3:04pm On Mar 17, 2008
aktopgun:

i'd like to believe u but on what do u base this comment highlander?

Dangote Sugar is one of the fundamentally sound companies in NSE. I'm sure most of today's profit takers were still not sure of the bonus story by the time they gave their sale order. Watch what will happen tomorrow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 3:05pm On Mar 17, 2008
The Dangote bonus is too good to resist.

Watch how people respond to this.

This is NSE style.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AtamMan(m): 3:05pm On Mar 17, 2008
Aktopgun,
Abeg what is ur view on Livestock?
Do you think there would be another downturn soon?
Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by endure: 3:08pm On Mar 17, 2008
@ all on board ABC,

Caution: Hold ur peace, no panic, any panic movement can
be injurious. Your safety is our concern.

Over and Out.

C. E.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Highlander: 3:14pm On Mar 17, 2008
pumping777:

RT Briscoe

Chei!!! Finally representing. So the rumour jist correct? Thank God for patience. I bin say it was still okay to buy at N32 about 2 weeks ago se? I think it would have been a good idea. Abeg, anyone with the results?

Ikeja Hotels ain't slowing down either!!! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 3:16pm On Mar 17, 2008
Ah ah,what's happening to Costain,it gained max points today to close @ 78.96
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:18pm On Mar 17, 2008
Atam-Man:

Aktopgun,
Abeg what is your view on Livestock?
Do you think there would be another downturn soon?
Thanks

grin
before u say i dey ignore u, i am bearish on livestock at the moment actually. a downturn may come as early as tomorrow if i am to stretch my neck out on it (pls do't cut it off  grin)

havent seen the charts for today yet but roughly drawing my own suggests a hanging man on high volume (19.8m), after an uptrend. not cool!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:19pm On Mar 17, 2008
Highlander:

Ikeja Hotels ain't slowing down either!!! smiley smiley smiley

i'm loving it, loving it, loving it, i'm loving it like this!! grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 3:20pm On Mar 17, 2008
@ Nairalanders

Re: IGI

There was talk of IGI having a meeting to discuss listing date a couple of weeks back.
Any word about the outcome?

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:21pm On Mar 17, 2008
aktopgun:

i'm loving it, loving it, loving it, i'm loving it like this!! grin grin

That one is red-hot! I was hoping for it to slow a bit so i can load some more but looks like i might to wait a few more days
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2008
Deleted duplicate.

SS4
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2008
endure:

@ all on board ABC,

Caution: Hold your peace, no panic, any panic movement can
be injurious. Your safety is our concern.

Over and Out.

C. E.

ehem, this one wey u sign C.E and ur username na endure, are u trying to tell us something?

does C.E stand for "Chief executive".

can feel Brain going into conspiracy theory mode!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AtamMan(m): 3:25pm On Mar 17, 2008
aktopgun:

grin
before u say i dey ignore u, i am bearish on livestock at the moment actually. a downturn may come as early as tomorrow if i am to stretch my neck out on it (please do't cut it off grin)

havent seen the charts for today yet but roughly drawing my own suggests a hanging man on high volume (19.8m), after an uptrend. not cool!
Aktopgun, thank you plenty!
This one wey you are not very enthused RE: Dangote Sugar, I hope lesser beings like us are not sitting ducks.
Same applies to Flourmill of Nigeria, what is killing the price? Abi someone knows what the rest of us don't know?

(1) (2) (3) ... (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.