Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (704) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816777 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ijogbon(m): 1:10am On Mar 23, 2008
Princesege:

@atkogun
Could you explain what is actually happenig to UBA and Oceanic free fall of late.

I can't figure out why?

Thanks.

@aktopgun

What say you about UBA? I remember you having a dialogue a few posts back about a 'frying pan bottom'? I think UBA is exhibiting the direct opposite of the frying pan i.e the dumpling top reversal.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dvonne(f): 11:53pm On Mar 24, 2008
hurray hurray hurray
now let the learning begin
big ups to ioma ,akt,chexxy,many many many, easimon hummn oh too many names
Thank you so so so much seun.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dvonne(f): 11:54pm On Mar 24, 2008
where is everyone
they have unlocked "us" o
o ya come
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 12:05am On Mar 25, 2008
Welcome back! grin grin grin

But I can't post pictures yet! cry

Thanks Seun cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:12am On Mar 25, 2008
Hippy! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by imiegba1: 12:17am On Mar 25, 2008
Good to be back everybody. Hope the holiday was fine
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 12:24am On Mar 25, 2008
@loma

chill, i guess his upgrading, all d site is down in terms of upload, ok, cool, hope u had a good easter
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 12:37am On Mar 25, 2008
Alright - Thank God the guy open the thread,
I have a brother here that is about to launch a social networking site, he has been working on it for 3 years now - with all the cool gadgets of web2.0, since the server and all would be in States, it might even workout better.

So be warned - Seun, the hits on this thread are your biggest assets.

For the curious - i am not just yarning see nauna.com (You're the people)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 12:56am On Mar 25, 2008
[size=14pt]S      a      l      u      t      e  !  ![/size]

cool       cool       cool       cool       cool       cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stocknrock: 1:11am On Mar 25, 2008
WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS SITE? WERE PEOPLE UNABLE TO POST OR SOMETHIN?

JUS NOTICED THAT I KEPT ON SEEING THE UBA PICTURE ALL WEEKEND. SEEMS LIKE A GOOD REMINDER TO PUT IT ON MY TO BUY LIST.

SO WHAT HAPPENED?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ijogbon(m): 1:19am On Mar 25, 2008
Good to be back.

Seun good work.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dejavoe(m): 1:30am On Mar 25, 2008
Welcome back all Nairalanders,

Thanks bigtyme Mr CEO, u r the Man.

I think is beta for those who dont know what happened not to even bother instead summon our effort in doin what we( NAiralander)knows to do best, STOCK analysis.

Keep up the Good work , AK,easi,pumpin,Wanaj0,WW,Loma and to those i didnt mention

Omoba3 thank 4 the interim solution Too, u do well

i salute una all O WELCOME BACK ON COURSE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 2:15am On Mar 25, 2008
@ all.
me ku na no worry na power take off be that. NEPA !!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
thanks Seaun
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by peribiz(m): 2:16am On Mar 25, 2008
Hello

A gold mine is always by everyman if he can only dig a little deeper. I have placed a report here earlier of current access to global stocks trading offered by PECT GLOBAL LTD. offers through partnership with global stocks and equity brokerage firms.

Currently you can now trade global stocks from the comfort of your home.

I am excited to share with you this piece of information that I know will empower you for the years ahead.

Do you know that if you make an investment of N20000 and it has the capacity to make an hundred percent returns 12 times, your N20,000 would become N81,920,000?

Currently the global arena has become charged by equity investing. Forbes has rated Warren Buffet as the world's richest man. What is he into? He is a trader. He trades on stocks, currencies, options, futures.

You too can leverage on the expertise of other trading companies and become a profitable trader too. Warren Buffet had a profound opportunity to buy the DOW when it was less than $300 even against a friends advice. Today, the DOW has risen to over $12,000 per share.

If you visit resource sites like: www.pennystock.com www.agorafinancial.com You will be intrigued by the fact that you are missing a lot of opportunities to have a great financial future.

You are the reason we are here. To provide you the access to these international markets where you can buy stocks that have the capacity to do over 1000%.

PECT GLOBAL LTD. RC 725922 offers direct access to major US, European and Canadian equity, options and futures exchanges by partnering and/or affiliating with well regulated market makers and brokers in any of the countries the exchanges are located.

PECTStocks.com Offers online day traders direct market access to each of the following stock, option and futures exchanges.
- London

- Paris - Nikkei - Brussels

- Spain - Mexico - Xetra

- Lisbon - Russia - Helsinki

- Copenhagen - Thailand

- Dublin - Milan - Austria

- Netherlands - Canada

- Malaysia - Australia

- Athens - Hong Kong - Singapore

- New Zealand - South Africa - Switzerland

You are offered leverage with Pectstocks from 1: 2 to 1:10 and the account creation process is very easy.
Account Creation Details:
- Only Members of the PectOnline Community are allowed to trade with the PectStocks platform. To join the community click here
- Minimum opening balance is $250 (N30,000)

PectStocks Application Form
Click on the link below to download the PectStocks application form: http://www.pectonline.com/StocksForm.pdf

All recommended stocks to buy are outlined in the PectOnline Forum (www.pectonline.com). Go to the Forum and you will find the list of penny stocks that are capable of doubling easily for 2008.

Sunano Otemabor Favor
Chief Operations Officer
PECT GLOBAL LTD.
55 Opebi Rd Ikeja, Lagos.
+234 8033854195
+ (0)1 8542247, 8543261, 8542808
www.pectonline.com
www.omavo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 3:12am On Mar 25, 2008
Thanks Seun. Please appoint moderators so we don't go back to square  one. I think Loma's suggestions will be a great start and will have a lot of support from the regulars here.

Lets play nice please!

Different views welcome - fundamentalist, suicide bomber, long termer, short termer, candlestick, cele, aladura, catholic, protestant, insider, moneybag, poor man, beginner, expert, long post, short post, and everything in between - ALL WELCOME.

If you don't like someones view point, make your point or skip the post and move on. There is enough here for everyone. Abi how una see am?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 4:13am On Mar 25, 2008
Nigeria: N3.5 Billion Fresh Fund for Zinox

NIGERIA'S premier computer brand, Zinox, has got N3.5 billion new fund injection in a move the owners said would help meet the demand of a responsive market to position the brand as the computer of first choice across the West African sub-region.

"We are ambitious and want to change the landscape in 18 months," Mr. Leo Stan Ekeh, Chairman of Zinox Computers told Vanguard.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200803240776.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RUGBYGEE(m): 4:25am On Mar 25, 2008
This is a great one, hope when the IPO comes, they wont start returning money like DANGOTE, FIRST BANK and ACCESS. I think this returning of funds intended for investing in company shares should be discouraged in Nigeria. It is not good for the level of trust in investments right now. Companies that must return funds should do so within a short period of time so that the funds can be invested in other equities. Or what do you think?

http://www.aderogbaforex..com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 7:53am On Mar 25, 2008
At last! Thanks to the peeps that makes it possible for the lifting of the TS on our dearly beloved and addictive cheesy thread, I look forward to the bull run after this TS o grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:08am On Mar 25, 2008
Welcome back to[i] THE FLOOR [/i] everybody,hope nobody slaughtered any bulls for Easter ,cos we need ALL the bulls to be alive and very healthy this time around. wink wink wink grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:10am On Mar 25, 2008
For those interested in dividend investing,check this out from proshare on AP

AFRICAN PETROLEUM PLC AUDITED ACCOUNT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 DEC 2007

PROPOSED DIVIDEND
N7.00K

CLOSURE DATE
15TH-23RD APR, 2008

PAYMENT DATE
2ND MAY, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 10:23am On Mar 25, 2008
@ Seun

What happened to pages 710 and 711.
Some of my postings there seem to have disappeared.

@ Nairalanders

Does anybody have info about IGI listing?
My contact there seems to be fed up with me.
apparently someone is willing to buy my shares for 4 - 5 Naira.

Any comments?

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:36am On Mar 25, 2008
You are all welcome back. I had thought you guys would forget about stock at least for the next three months, afterall the bears are all here grin

Anyway, for now you need to joggle your brains. Just try and see if you can read the following. If you are able, then always rely on your instincts to invest. Do you really need analysis? A few candles are just enough, and AKT is currently discussing with a Candle producing firm in the States. We are looking for multiple colours this time, not just doji and red marubazu grin grin grin

NOW CAN YOU READ THIS That would tell if you are ready for the Bull that is currently raging towards the stage:

CAN YOU READ THIS?

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs tehn you are srue of faliling in lvoe with the BULL.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 11:06am On Mar 25, 2008
Interesting write-up on the Pension Fund and the Stock MArket.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200803250095.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 11:08am On Mar 25, 2008
Taming the bulls and the bears!

http://www.meristem.com.ng/uploads/files/BULLS%20_%20BEARS%20ON%20THE%20PROWL.pdf
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by alanbolo(m): 11:18am On Mar 25, 2008
@Risky,

I cuold c yr mnid hvae been wnrkiog sgrnate tnighs wtih the cloueord cdneals.

Now that yr marazubo have done the full analysis, what does it says about the next big one
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by alanbolo(m): 11:35am On Mar 25, 2008
loma:

Thx loma. Found the article intresting but I seem to disagree  with Jerry Uwah that the fund managers should be allowed to invest offshore.   How sustainable will the fund-mgrs be when the market turn volatile as it is this year with FTSE and NYSE markets?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by peterbabs(m): 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2008
samstone4:

@ Nairalanders

Does anybody have info about IGI listing?
My contact there seems to be fed up with me.
apparently someone is willing to buy my shares for 4 - 5 Naira.

Any comments?

Samstone4 cool cool cool

I'm aware that the listing is supposed to take place in the 2nd Q of 2008, according to the letter I received from them in Jan '08. I'm yet to get my cert though. There's supposed to be a meeting of the Board this week according to some news I read last week (can't remember where I read it from).
My senior colleague who introduced the fella that sold the PP to us has sold his @ N4.00 around Nov '07, I guess to one of IGI staff like you're experiencing.
Methinks they have a high expectation pro-listing, that's why they can afford to buy it of subscribers to the PP at that rate.
Got a hundred KG only.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2008
HAPPY EASTER ALL smiley

loma:

Interesting read does not look good for WEMAITES though.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 1:09pm On Mar 25, 2008
Something is just not right.AFROIL and CAPOIL traded today again.A spineless SEC?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2008
dollyp1cute:

HAPPY EASTER ALL smiley

Interesting read does not look good for WEMAITES though.

Very interesting !Read between the lines.It says Banks are withdrawing money to balance their end of year accounts.Meaning that banks are heavily involved in speculations as well.Hmmmm, could this be the time to actually sell off and take position in some other stocks?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 1:56pm On Mar 25, 2008
blueband:

Something is just not right.AFROIL and CAPOIL traded today again.A spineless SEC?

Nope, a TACTLESS SEC. Did they expect the NSE to act based on what was communicated to the press and not to the NSE officially?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2008
i see the prices are skewed again today as usual
expect they'll be updated later

(1) (2) (3) ... (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.