Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,196 members, 7,860,295 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:04 AM

Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man (3626 Views)

Poll: Which is Better?

Cohabitation: 88% (23 votes)
Dating Married Man: 11% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Advice: Marriage, Relationship, Friendship-friendzoned And Co-habitation Issues / Co-habitation / Co- Habitation Is It That Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by Morizo(m): 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2009
I detest anything that has to do with married pple(male or female) dating singles. But i see nothing absolutely wrong for me and my girlfriend to co-habit. Infact apart from domestic management culture you pple wld develop, you also have the opportunity of correcting any anomaly that might creep in later when you guys are married. I intend to invite my GF to stay with me once i hook up with someone of my taste smiley
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by shesi(m): 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2009
what is wrong with co-habitation?
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by Fiona0007: 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2009
shesi:

what is wrong with co-habitation?
It's a cultural thing and majority's opinion rather than the right or wrong thing. Depends on individual.
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by louamada(f): 9:45pm On Aug 28, 2009
I'm confused again, the posters's question is quite unclear and from the earlier posts it seems that the question is about whether she can cohabit with a married man or just date the married man.
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by OpeLovely(f): 10:00pm On Aug 28, 2009
Dating or co-habiting with married men (and women) can end with disastrous results.

You are just a play-thing to him and he will always put you second. Not first, second. He will still be with his wife and the unfortunate kids who will think its right to treat women as play-things if they're male, and also be loose, if they're female or worse still, have nemesis upon them.

Because people do it, doesn't mean its right. If people are so stuck up with their''strange rights'' then i think its only fair to legalise bigamy, paedophilia, necrophilia and a host of other absurdities.

For those that do not know, paedophilia is sleeping with minors as in very young children while necrophilia is sleeping with dead people.

These same home-wreckers are actually the ones that hate their spouses cheating on them. So much for virtues.
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by louamada(f): 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2009
OpeLovely,  I understand your point but it seems the poster's question is actually based on - co-habiting with a single man or dating a married man undecided If that's the issue in contention,  then that's a totally different ball game.

I think her question is unclear cuz the people speaking for co-habitation here are speaking in reference to living (co-habiting) with single guys.
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by mikeoscar: 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2009
@Dasarge

Reading your post, I get the feeling that you think we have a more urgent need to deal with poverty than deal with the issues of Adultery and Fornication. These two you make light of by citing the instances you gave above (you already have a good response from one lady on Clinton and some British politician) are even weightier than you think. Read Amammat's second post on the myth of co-habitation (though rather very long) and you will understand the danger of co-habitation. The term co-habitation between male and females when used in a conversation almost always comes across as people violating themselves. I am proud of most of the young ladies that have re-acted to this post , their stand on the issue not to mingle before marriage should be openly commended. By the way Adultery or fornication is sin in the sight of God and Man. You cannot claim Poverty is more urgent than sins that have wrecked marriages, nations,  health and self esteem  of individuals in a hurry. Co-habitation is morally wrong and it takes away the juice in a relationship. The consequences  are so grave they can leave the individuals emotionally and psychologically wrecked for life! Let me ask you, honestly speaking, if you had a sister(or if you have) will you encourage them to co-habit with a guy, will you rather some guy wakes up one day and say, "you know what, i am done with you and this is leading us no where". My take is don't start what you can't finish. Don't pop it till marriage. In that case you still be pleasing God, have you dignity and self esteem intact and even earn the respect of the guy/gurl.
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:42pm On Aug 28, 2009
Errrrrrrr wetin do co habitation na?
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by Amaka1725(f): 12:08am On Aug 29, 2009
Those two together should never be an option. Why buy the cow when the milk is over flowing for FREE?
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by ritaNL: 1:09am On Aug 29, 2009
Amaka1725:

Those two together should never be an option. Why buy the cow when the milk is over flowing for FREE?

Dont mind the poster jare .
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 29, 2009
Cohabitation is wrong in its own right, as well as being a sin against God.
Here both parties lose out spiritually, but the woman in particular loses out big time emotionally, physically, maritally and even financially.
It really is an unwise way to enter into a relationship. After all who here would enter into a business partnership without signing a contract?
But to be fair to the woman, the relationship between the cohabitees did not start with cohabitaion. It actually is the culmination in a series of steps which more often than not, are initiated by the man. We are talking here about:-

Fornication

Sleepover

Keeping property

Cohabitation

Most of the time the woman persists in the relationship in the vain hope  that the man would eventually propose to her, whereas that could be the last thing on the man's mind. This of course would lead to frustration and nagging, which in turn would lead to physical violence and the eventual breakdown of the relationship.

That is not all. During the time of cohabitation potential suitors would keep their distance. Hence at the end of the
cohabitation the woman could find herself without suitors and her biological clock running down.
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by datingscop: 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2009
You can get tips on getting her, Visit: www.ursexcolors..com
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by pussyboy: 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2009
@Ammanat, u re d bomb. Wat else is there 4 us 2 know about cohabitation. U've said it all. Kudos.
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by olasboy: 10:27am On Aug 31, 2009
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Hmmm this kind thing again?font]
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by olasboy: 10:44am On Aug 31, 2009
@ Poster.

I think your mind is made up! You're just trying to justify your decision and make yourself feel good with your choice. Public opinion is not always the best opinion.

If you're really seeking opinion to make a decision, I'll give you a third option - Don't do any.

If I'm the man you co-habitate with, after swimming in every area of the river, I'll jilt you and find another lady that have a sense of self-worth.

None is good! Don't sell yourself cheap!
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by gReenmAn(m): 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2009
All these things are long thing. Why wont my girl friend stay with me.

If any girl is stupid to date me as a married man, why should I complain again?

So the girl is to blame for dating you?

Interesting grin
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by streetwize(m): 10:20am On Sep 01, 2009
O boy na only me wey see dat babe wey write book, shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2009
Dumb analogy.
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by Eaglebabe: 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2009
Since u know that both are wrong,why consider any of them?Do what is right and u will be glad u did.Are u so desperate that u can't afford a wife or too ugly that a man wiil not want to keep u in his house as a wife?Why insult urself?Live and die with ur pride it is necessary.
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by Bukittes(f): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2009
Why should we be asking questions on what we already know the answers to? Co-habitation or dating a married man? Both are wrong and everyone here knows that. If u dont know then go ask ur parents!!!!
Re: Co Habitation Vs Dating Married Man by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2009
Nobody holy pass na tuface talk am. some of us even do worse tins than co habitation and dating married men. pls lets be real i hate fake people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does Wearing A Ring On Your Middle Finger Of The Right Hand Mean? / Shud I Go For My Masters B4 Gettin Married Or Not: Pls I Need Ur Counsel / How Can I Revive His Interest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.