Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,711 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard (3290 Views)

Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard / Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? / Is Christianity A Religion Of Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by hahn(m): 11:57am On Jun 09, 2016

The island country of Iceland has officially declared Christianity a public health hazard. The law proclaiming the radical idea was signed recently by *Prime Minister Sigurður Ingi Jóhannsson in the spirit of “protecting the elderly from scams, our children from nightmares, and the general population from chicanery.”

As strong as the law’s language is, it does not restrict the free exercise of religion by any citizen or visitor.

A coalition of Lutherans, Catholics, and other Christian sects have formed an organization to combat the image that they contribute to the erosion of psychological well-being.

“Yes, certain rogues have used Christianity to fleece the old and give hellish nightmares to the young,” explained Reverend Andrew Canard.

“However, faith requires the acknowledgment of not knowing and we can all agree simplistic and often contradictory answers found in the Bible are the answers to not knowing.”

The new law urges Icelandic society to, “pick up a book” and to “engage fellow human beings in the spirit of compassion regardless of creed.” It also calls for research to determine the best path to promote Humanist values around the world.

This is NOT a witch hunt

Pro-reason activists hail the recent events as a victory against superstition. Some local Catholics are calling the measure a “witch hunt.”

“A witch hunt is where a mob attacks the weakest members of society and prosecutes them typically via a sham trial. The mob then executes the poor soul. The last time I checked, the Catholic Church were the undisputed champions of the world in such games for centuries,” stated an anonymous citizen.

American Republican Presidential hopefuls are calling the events transpiring in Iceland “dangerous” and wonder if such a brazen act of divine disobedience may mean that the country is not fit to be in NATO.

Both Democratic candidates are afraid to point out that the predominantly Muslim country of Turkey is,well, a predominantly Muslim country because they would be branded as “egg-heads.”

Source: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/laughingindisbelief/2016/04/iceland-declares-christianity-a-public-health-hazard/

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by ValentineMary(m): 12:33pm On Jun 09, 2016
Nice move Iceland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by Akshow: 1:19pm On Jun 09, 2016
Watch them develop and grow fast. It is a fact that the least religious countries in the world are the most developed, progressive and peaceful. Religion is a cankerworm that needs to be eradicated. Let's all embrace humanity and know that our greatest callings on earth is to extend our kindness and humanity to humans, animals and the planet instead of some mumbo jumbo religion with an imaginary heaven and earth.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by Uyi168: 2:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
d end of religion is lng over-due..

3 Likes

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by circuit101: 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2016
Islam and xtianity are the biggest hazard of all time

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by kevoh(m): 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
While they are busy declaring Christianity public hazard they should BAN outrightly any trace of Islam angry no matter how insignificant it might pretend to be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by UncleSnr(m): 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
kevoh:
While they are busy declaring Christianity public hazard they should BAN outrightly any trace of Islam angry no matter how insignificant it might pretend to be.
E pain am

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by kevoh(m): 7:41pm On Jun 09, 2016
UncleSnr:
E pain am
Look at you, why e go pain me? when I'm atheist... For all I care, they can go ahead to ban all religions sef...!

4 Likes

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by hahn(m): 7:46pm On Jun 09, 2016
kevoh:

Christianity is more rational that Islam. If they could get to that point with Christianity, you can bet that Islam is non existent. Most atheists do not take Islam seriously. It is a really silly religion undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by italo: 7:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
Akshow:
Watch them develop and grow fast. It is a fact that the least religious countries in the world are the most developed, progressive and peaceful. Religion is a cankerworm that needs to be eradicated. Let's all embrace humanity and know that our greatest callings on earth is to extend our kindness and humanity to humans, animals and the planet instead of some mumbo jumbo religion with an imaginary heaven and earth.

For example, North Korea.

2 Likes

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by kevoh(m): 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2016
hahn:

Christianity is more rational that Islam. If they could get to that point with Christianity, you can bet that Islam is non existent. Most atheists do not take Islam seriously. It is a really silly religion undecided
I don't even take Islam serious and their violent and murderous nature does not even help their case.

2 Likes

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by Rilwayne001: 8:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
a quadrillion likes for this absolutely brilliant article. Annunaki2 will probably hang himself after reading this tongue kiss

2 Likes

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by analice107: 8:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
Rilwayne001:
a quadrillion likes for this absolutely brilliant article. Annunaki2 will probably hang himself after reading this tongue kiss
And why do you think Annunaki2 will hang himself?
Hahahahahahahaha. Wonderful. Am so glad am living in this generation to actually see the fulfilment of the Scriptures.

Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna to the Highest...

Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna to the KING of Kings...
Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna to the LORD of lords...
Alleluia, LORD I lift up Your name,
With my heart full of Praise...
Be exalted O LORD, my God,
Hosanna to the Highest...

Am privileged to live in this generation.
Thank you father, your word is true.
Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by hahn(m): 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
Rilwayne001:

I am glad you like it.

Check https://www.nairaland.com/3156060/dilemma-islamic-terrorism-ali-sina
Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by annunaki2(m): 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Double post tongue.
Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by annunaki2(m): 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Dunce, the opinion of some ignorant atheist loonatic in Iceland does not matter to me neither am I a fundermentalist so you can go drown yourself in a soak away were you belong for all I care.
Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by hahn(m): 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
annunaki2:

Dunce, the opinion of some ignorant atheist loonatic in Iceland does not matter to me neither am I a fundermentalist so you can go drown yourself in a soak away were you belong for all I care.

Lol cheesy
Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by ichommy(m): 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2016
Nice One grin

1 Like

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
hahn:

xtianity more rational than Islam...really .Is that why most atheist were formerly xtians? why then have your ideas failed in extending its influence to the Islamic realm like in xtianity.
Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by Ifeann(f): 11:00pm On Jun 09, 2016
hahn:

The island country of Iceland has officially declared Christianity a public health hazard. The law proclaiming the radical idea was signed recently by *Prime Minister Sigurður Ingi Jóhannsson in the spirit of “protecting the elderly from scams, our children from nightmares, and the general population from chicanery.”

As strong as the law’s language is, it does not restrict the free exercise of religion by any citizen or visitor.

A coalition of Lutherans, Catholics, and other Christian sects have formed an organization to combat the image that they contribute to the erosion of psychological well-being.

“Yes, certain rogues have used Christianity to fleece the old and give hellish nightmares to the young,” explained Reverend Andrew Canard.

“However, faith requires the acknowledgment of not knowing and we can all agree simplistic and often contradictory answers found in the Bible are the answers to not knowing.”

The new law urges Icelandic society to, “pick up a book” and to “engage fellow human beings in the spirit of compassion regardless of creed.” It also calls for research to determine the best path to promote Humanist values around the world.

This is NOT a witch hunt

Pro-reason activists hail the recent events as a victory against superstition. Some local Catholics are calling the measure a “witch hunt.”

“A witch hunt is where a mob attacks the weakest members of society and prosecutes them typically via a sham trial. The mob then executes the poor soul. The last time I checked, the Catholic Church were the undisputed champions of the world in such games for centuries,” stated an anonymous citizen.

American Republican Presidential hopefuls are calling the events transpiring in Iceland “dangerous” and wonder if such a brazen act of divine disobedience may mean that the country is not fit to be in NATO.

Both Democratic candidates are afraid to point out that the predominantly Muslim country of Turkey is,well, a predominantly Muslim country because they would be branded as “egg-heads.”

Source: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/laughingindisbelief/2016/04/iceland-declares-christianity-a-public-health-hazard/

i am almost certain u got this news from re.dd.it. i couldnt find another source besides it and patheos .com carrying this sensationalist news.
let me break it down for you.

icelanders have an enemity with the "church tax'' not religion. i do admit a large number have a thing against Christianity just like atheists, muslims etc have always had an irrational dislike for anything christ-like.. perhaps u may want to read up on the growing practice of paganism in iceland, with many joining their traditional deities
http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/politics_and_society/2015/12/01/icelanders_flocking_to_the_zuist_religion/
.. wow so they are still theists afterall.

now about that statement which got u so excited. its not the view of the majority of icelanders, at least not yet.

iceland is the only country that i know that compels it citizens to pay a "church tax" to fund programs by the State's church. i wont be happy in a country that compels me to do that..(there is a reason why there should be separation of church/mosque and state), so that is why there is growing discontent. 57% of Icelanders consider themselves religious by the way...and the number is growing.
Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by Viktor1983(m): 12:29am On Jun 10, 2016
kevoh:

I don't even take Islam serious and their violent and murderous nature does not even help their case.

Was educating my aunty that not all Muslims are violent,not that I'm a fan of Islam but just to see if I can cure a bit of her islamophobia then she cited the Detroit bomber, the beheaded soldier at Woolwich, then Kano, then Kaduna ,Tel-Aviv...
plus a lot more..I just had to shut my trap
Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by kevoh(m): 1:37am On Jun 10, 2016
Viktor1983:

Was educating my aunty that not all Muslims are violent,not that I'm a fan of Islam but just to see if I can cure a bit of her islamophobia then she cited the Detroit bomber, the beheaded soldier at Woolwich, then Kano, then Kaduna ,Tel-Aviv...
Lol... They are doing a bad PR job of themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by hahn(m): 6:41am On Jun 10, 2016
crusadistic:

xtianity more rational than Islam...really .Is that why most atheist were formerly xtians? why then have your ideas failed in extending its influence to the Islamic realm like in xtianity.

Lol. What a confused comment cheesy
Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 10, 2016
hahn:

Lol. What a confused comment cheesy
Lol.He doesnt know what to say cheesy
Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by ebiagtales: 8:16am On Jun 10, 2016
Muafrika2, MrZenographer, DazzlingD etc. come and see this. Is the prophecy of OTEM/KNOLIUD not already coming to pass like this? Nations are already waking up to reality o.
Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by ebiagtales: 8:18am On Jun 10, 2016
hahn:

This is NOT a witch hunt

OTEM has been saying it, RELIGION will be past tense by the year 2625
He even prophesied this one about two days ago https://www.nairaland.com/3153956/prophecy-churches-turned-hospitals
Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by hahn(m): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2016
Viktor1983:

Not all muslims are violent but their religion and holy book promotes violence undecided

crusadistic:

Lol.He doesnt know what to say cheesy

Exactly grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by CAPSLOCKED: 10:24am On Jun 10, 2016
UncleSnr:
Athe...What? You are a Baby eater! You will burn in hell

THE VERY FIRST DAY YOU CHRISTIANS MAKE A SENTENCE WITHOUT INCLUDING ANY EMPTY THREATS,
WILL BE THE DAY I START TAKING YOUR GOD SERIOUS.
Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by UncleSnr(m): 10:52am On Jun 10, 2016
kevoh:

Look at you, why e go pain me? when I'm atheist... For all I care, they can go ahead to ban all religions sef...!
Athe...What? You are a Baby eater! You will burn in hell, hope you have paid for your land? If not ask Hahn, he is the sole custodian of land allocation.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2016
ebiagtales:
Muafrika2, MrZenographer, DazzlingD etc. come and see this. Is the prophecy of OTEM/KNOLIUD not already coming to pass like this? Nations are already waking up to reality o.
It's Iceland. Am surprised there were churches there to begin with.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. / Atheism: An Irrational Worldview / Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.