Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe (46107 Views)

Skuki Peeshaun Alerts EFCC As Biodun Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow 500k Seed / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others / Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by doveda: 8:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
grin angry

Can't you read? You have been dismissed boy!
dragonking2:
You have displayed your stupidity online for everyone to see and I will keep on exposing your kind.. .EU kor NASA ni.. .shior.. Next Muslim who wants to be schooled should volunteer, am game
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by vedaxcool(m): 8:27pm On Jun 10, 2016
MarieSucre:

I am not against what the judge says. Religious freedom is protected. I 100% support that. My post is in response to you asking that guy to respect the wearing of hijab while being 2-faced about being uncovered.

So you support people walking naked?
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by menstrualpad: 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2016
Amiee99:

You too, shush
Shi
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by dragonking2: 8:50pm On Jun 10, 2016
doveda:
grin angry

Can't you read? You have been dismissed boy!
Read what? post the link let's see.. Everyone is watching. cheesy
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amiee99(f): 10:54pm On Jun 10, 2016
menstrualpad:

Shi

Menstrual pad, won't you leave me alone?
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by sabofws5: 10:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
I am surprised by CAN's reaction to the issue of Muslim girls wearing hijab or head scarf to school. wearing hijab or head scarf by our female children to school or other public places has nothing to do with religion rather it should be seen as a way of teaching our female children on the proper way of dressing, if one consider the near naked system way of dressing by our ladies and even some grown up women these days the resultant effect is what we are witnessing inform of rape and kidnapping of our female children which continues on daily basis. What I expected from CAN is to emulate the real Catholic system of dressing by their female counterparts, you will never see them without putting on their scarfs both in the churches and public places with their dressings covering their bodies in emulation of their reverend sisters. Unfortunately the present day new generation churches do not care much about the mode of dressing of their female members so far you can attend and donate, what I expected from CAN as a way of copying the Muslim counterparts in the use of scarf or hijab is to ask their female children to use berets as it use to be in those school days all in away of bringing sanity into our children way of dressing to protect their future.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by onyeogalu1(m): 11:28pm On Jun 10, 2016
blkmum700:

mention one state that force Christian to wear hijab in the North,beside i'm not supporting wearing of Hijab what's i'm trying to say is, there should be equal right for all student in government schools,why should i be forced to close my eyes and sings songs of praises or forced to go to assembly ground,not all students are muslims or christians,there should be equal right for everyone.

All government owned school in Sokoto state wear hijab
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by menstrualpad: 12:02am On Jun 11, 2016
Amiee99:

Menstrual pad, won't you leave me alone?
Kid what?
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by KenModi(m): 1:56am On Jun 11, 2016
Dawdy:
Let them wear whatever they want to wear, they will soon be tired. HIJAB has come to stay, there is nothing any CAN can do about it. Allah is the one that commanded female Muslims to use HIJAB.

Keep decieving yourself. There is no God/god or life after death; just eternal darkness after death.

Everytime I see a muslim girl Arab/African, all covered up in those things they wear on their heads, I feel nothing but pity with these words on my mind: "Sorry dear you have been decieved"!

Likewise Christians, decieving themselves since 2000 A.D

Religion is truly the opium of the people!

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Dawdy(m): 5:37am On Jun 11, 2016
KenModi:

Keep decieving yourself. There is no God/god or life after death; just eternal darkness after death.

Everytime I see a muslim girl Arab/African, all covered up in those things they wear on their heads, I feel nothing but pity with these words on my mind: "Sorry dear you have been decieved"!

Likewise Christians, decieving themselves since 2000 A.D

Religion is truly the opium of the people!
You are the deceiver! The fact that Shaetaan has taken over your live does not mean every one will buy your idea. You are not the first to deny Allah and the last day. But hell fire has been prepared for anybody with this mindset of yours. I don't care whether you believe or not.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by jojotemitopaz(m): 6:12am On Jun 11, 2016
We cant grow as a nation if we cant learn to tolerate our differences. NIGERIA is divided btw three major sentiments. Religion.ethnicity and region. Each has its core values which forms our cultural beiefs. We need to learn to respect each others culture. How does hijab wearing or not affect others. U say they use it in hiding bombs. So bombs hidden in cars nko. Does dat mean cars should also be banned. What unites us should be greater than what separates us. U gain more respect if you learn how to respect and tolerate others differences without comoromising yours
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by HaneefahRN(f): 6:26am On Jun 11, 2016
MarieSucre:

What school is this? Do you not think there should some sort of regulation for this?

A Uni in Osun. I think there should be a regulation for it but I guess we are used to it already. We just mind our business lest we are tagged intolerant.
They are helping me now sha. When I hear the 'sister the Lord wants to speak to you this morning' around past 4am, I know it's time to take my Sahur. And the bros always coming to play Christian songs in the morning, I know it's time for Subhi prayer. They are part of my alarm system. Can you imagine having 5 different churches in an area? Your sleep will suffer if you are the light sleeper. Even there are not even up to 10 people doing vigil, the loud speakers will keep bounding and sounding round the community.

You go to supposedly religious-free schools and be singing Christian songs, attending Christmas carol, they come to school to distribute bible, pamphlets etc. Which we tolerate, yet a girl covering her head as related to her religion is made into a problem. Yet they will come online to tag all muslims intolerant.
You can't disturb us with your religious noise which we endure, wear your spag and short skirts or whatever cloth suits you and still tell us not to wear
our hijabs something that does not affect you nor your children in anyway. How does a muslim wearing hijab to school affect Christians?

Lest I forget, the beret some schools ask students to wear is significant to which religion? Christianity. Yet they cry cos Muslim students want to use their hijab

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by HaneefahRN(f): 6:54am On Jun 11, 2016
Zeinymira:

Salam alaykum sis, which nursing school did u graduate from? Because this your school sound like one nursing school on Ibadan.

Walaykum salam sis. No, it's in Osun.

Ramadan Mubarak smiley
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by nigerianvenom(m): 7:46am On Jun 11, 2016
rodbel:

But how does a Muslim student putting on hijab affect anyone... as long as it is not been enforced on non-muslims it's ok. Why is CAN trying to brew issues where there is none...

So why are the Christian wearing choir robe affect other people as well.
We must learn to separate religion from official functions n duty.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by shegz1(m): 8:21am On Jun 11, 2016
The case is simple for peace sake, let Muslim that want to wear hijab go to Muslim mission school and community school but hijab should not be mandatory in Christian mission school.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by MarieSucre(f): 10:19am On Jun 11, 2016
vedaxcool:

So you support people walking naked?
As long as it's their choice and the society isn't judgmental.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by vedaxcool(m): 10:46am On Jun 11, 2016
MarieSucre:

As long as it's their choice and the society isn't judgmental.

This reflects your poor judgement, so you will expose kids to looking at adults privates? What will this portend for the society? Even as liberal as the US is there is such a crime as indecent exposure. This underscores the fact that showing up unclothed is not a matter of judging anyone but maintaining decency and cleanliness. Just imagine someone uses the convenience and fails to clean up properly what wonders the stains we will be forced to live with or some one cooking at a restaurant dripping sweat on food from places that would have better be concealed? Walking around unclothedness is not just a good idea just like buying a lollipop that is uncovered and exposed to the element. Humans intelligence and sophistication has gone beyond acting like animals ... we simply just know better.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by MarieSucre(f): 11:30am On Jun 11, 2016
vedaxcool:

This reflects your poor judgement, so you will expose kids to looking at adults privates? What will this portend for the society? Even as liberal as the US is there is such a crime as indecent exposure. This underscores the fact that showing up unclothed is not a matter of judging anyone but maintaining decency and cleanliness. Just imagine someone uses the convenience and fails to clean up properly what wonders the stains we will be forced to live with or some one cooking at a restaurant dripping sweat on food from places that would have better be concealed? Walking around unclothedness is not just a good idea just like buying a lollipop that is uncovered and exposed to the element. Humans intelligence and sophistication has gone beyond acting like animals ... we simply just know better.

No it reflects a right judgement. What is wrong with Adult parts. It is we modern humans who have sexualized it. Even now we sexualize the female hair. I remember reading National Geographic 1973, issue all the women in a certain region of east Africa were bare chested as the men and only wore raffia skirts. Picture of an igbo woman in 1934 on instagram, a short waist wrapper and breast rose proudly to the sun. Things Fall Apart and Joys of motherhood confirmed this for me. Even pictures of Tiv Chief in 1950's, he and all his 8 wives were practically naked(according to today's standards).

Sure even in the liberal USA there is such a thing as indecent exposure. But if you know the history of USA, you'll know they have come a long way to the short summer dresses and bum shorts they wear now. The first Europeans to land there were called the PURITANS. They were like the Salafi's of Christianity. They're also the reason we started covering up. Missionary women who wore long gowns, covered up to their wrist and feet. Of course it suited their cold weather. But ours is Sub-Saharan Africa. It is hot and humid. Back then anyone who did not cover up and dress like the colonials was a "bush person".

Not wearing clothes does not make you not clean your bum properly. That doesn't even make sense. Are you saying all our ancestors went around with stained ass. Following your logic, some people eat and do not wipe their hands properly should we force everyone to wear gloves?

People drip with sweat even while wearing clothes. Thats why the handkerchief was invented.

I've seen this lollipop analogy for too long. I think it's was taught up by a human who is an slowpoke. A lollipop does not have the ability to bathe itself, a lollipop does not have the ability to wipe itself, a lollipop does not have other lollipops who care for it and give a damn about it's well being, a lollipop cannot be Einstein, A lollipop cannot be one of the Sahaba. A multi-cellular being with complex cognitive faculties like a human being is nothing like a round lump of hardened syrup, sugar and colouring.

" This underscores the fact that showing up unclothed is not a matter of judging anyone but maintaining decency".

Who is to say what decency is exactly. I really do not wear a veil. But I like to wear my skinny jeans and long sleeved shirts. In Yemen I'd be a slut. In Afghanistan I'd be flogged and I'd probably won't be allowed into Saudi Arabia.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by kaylivin(m): 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
Dawdy:

Yes. Gone are the days when Muslims had to convert to Christianity before they can be allowed into schools.
when was those days ,, u people will just be claiming rubish ,
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by vedaxcool(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
[s]
MarieSucre:

No it reflects a right judgement. What is wrong with Adult parts. It is we modern humans who have sexualized it. Even now we sexualize the female hair. I remember reading National Geographic 1973, issue all the women in a certain region of east Africa were bare chested as the men and only wore raffia skirts. Picture of an igbo woman in 1934 on instagram, a short waist wrapper and breast rose proudly to the sun. Things Fall Apart and Joys of motherhood confirmed this for me. Even pictures of Tiv Chief in 1950's, he and all his 8 wives were practically naked(according to today's standards).

Sure even in the liberal USA there is such a thing as indecent exposure. But if you know the history of USA, you'll know they have come a long way to the short summer dresses and bum shorts they wear now. The first Europeans to land there were called the PURITANS. They were like the Salafi's of Christianity. They're also the reason we started covering up. Missionary women who wore long gowns, covered up to their wrist and feet. Of course it suited their cold weather. But ours is Sub-Saharan Africa. It is hot and humid. Back then anyone who did not cover up and dress like the colonials was a "bush person".

Not wearing clothes does not make you not clean your bum properly. That doesn't even make sense. Are you saying all our ancestors went around with stained ass. Following your logic, some people eat and do not wipe their hands properly should we force everyone to wear gloves?

People drip with sweat even while wearing clothes. Thats why the handkerchief was invented.

I've seen this lollipop analogy for too long. I think it's was taught up by a human who is an slowpoke. A lollipop does not have the ability to bathe itself, a lollipop does not have the ability to wipe itself, a lollipop does not have other lollipops who care for it and give a damn about it's well being, a lollipop cannot be Einstein, A lollipop cannot be one of the Sahaba. A multi-cellular being with complex cognitive faculties like a human being is nothing like a round lump of hardened syrup, sugar and colouring.

" This underscores the fact that showing up unclothed is not a matter of judging anyone but maintaining decency".

Who is to say what decency is exactly. I really do not wear a veil. But I like to wear my skinny jeans and long sleeved shirts. In Yemen I'd be a slut. In Afghanistan I'd be flogged and I'd probably won't be allowed into Saudi Arabia.
[/s]

You sound hurt! Once again you are not making a sound argument not a rational thought. I remember igbo women in that time couldn't speak English nor have education they also would be forced to drink water used in bathing her dead husband because why? they didn't know better. Feel free to leave in the 30s which I am sure marry children and slavery was rife. Your entire rebuttal makes little sense indeed. Human development has reached places where slaves were buried with their kings etc so they now KNOW BETTER. That is what humans do learn and improve their capability not seeking to behave like naked apes.

It is a pity you couldn't get the simple lollipop analogy which indicates clothes aren't just worn to cover one body but to protect and preserve the body. Too bad you are making an emotional argument devoid of reason. My point about uncleanness is simple and I am baffled you couldn't get it is that if you defecate and don't clean properly something that happens regularly to some people, such individual can actually spread disease more easily if he sits on a surface. that is the point. About Muslims countries that is their rules Nigeria is not a Muslim country nor a christian one for that matter I don't see why you would be flogged here.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by MarieSucre(f): 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

You sound hurt! Once again you are not making a sound argument not a rational thought. I remember igbo women in that time couldn't speak English nor have education they also would be forced to drink water used in bathing her dead husband because why? they didn't know better. Feel free to leave in the 30s which I am sure marry children and slavery was rife. Your entire rebuttal makes little sense indeed. Human development has reached places where slaves were buried with their kings etc so they now KNOW BETTER. That is what humans do learn and improve their capability not seeking to behave like naked apes.

It is a pity you couldn't get the simple lollipop analogy which indicates clothes aren't just worn to cover one body but to protect and preserve the body. Too bad you are making an emotional argument devoid of reason. My point about uncleanness is simple and I am baffled you couldn't get it is that if you defecate and don't clean properly something that happens regularly to some people, such individual can actually spread disease more easily if he sits on a surface. that is the point. About Muslims countries that is their rules Nigeria is not a Muslim country nor a christian one for that matter I don't see why you would be flogged here.

This has nothing to do with the other practices of drinking husband's dead body or not. This is strictly to do with clothing.
If we are to use practices, we still burn thieves that does not make us any more civilized. So let's stick with clothing.
Igbo women didn't use to Speak English?? Dude come on! What does that have to do with this? All the examples I gave both the Puritans and the early missionaries all had to do with their clothing. Go back and read if you think I am lying. And yet you say I'm the one not making rational argument.

You talked about people shitting and wiping their ass but because they do not cover their buttocks they could spread germs.
Then I gave you examples of women in east Africa who wore raffia skirts. Eastern women who short wrappers. None of them covered their chest but at least they covered their anus. Do you still have a problem with that?
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Zeinymira(f): 2:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Walaykum salam sis. No, it's in Osun.
Ramadan Mubarak smiley
Ramadan Mubarak to u too.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by vedaxcool(m): 6:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
MarieSucre:

This has nothing to do with the other practices of drinking husband's dead body or not. This is strictly to do with clothing.
If we are to use practices, we still burn thieves that does not make us any more civilized. So let's stick with clothing.
Igbo women didn't use to Speak English?? Dude come on! What does that have to do with this? All the examples I gave both the Puritans and the early missionaries all had to do with their clothing. Go back and read if you think I am lying. And yet you say I'm the one not making rational argument.

You talked about people shitting and wiping their ass but because they do not cover their buttocks they could spread germs.
Then I gave you examples of women in east Africa who wore raffia skirts. Eastern women who short wrappers. None of them covered their chest but at least they covered their anus. Do you still have a problem with that?

You don't get to choose what part of the past makes sense, in fact the point being made is igbo from being barely clothed and educated have developed to being clothed, educated and less prone to drinking dead body water... humans are progressing being more of an intelligent being than insisting we maintain unclothedness because it happend in the past. oh please let's recognize intelligent behavior rather than dream of a backward past whose conditions were stark and difficult to reinvent.

I talked about people not properly cleaning themselves after defecating. .. even the east African women you talked about still have the decency and hygiene to cover up their butt hole.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Olenzzy(m): 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
D gamut of d Judicial verdict is an epitaph on d supremacy of d law over primordial sentiments which has been hipped on us all by our belief system. The fact is dat education, culture and religion are all tools of socialization to make an individual conform to d demands of society. What is happening in Nigeria in general is what I call d age of self-realization in which every group is fighting to be recognized or respected. There is an awakening sweeping across d length and breadth of d nation and if care is not taken especially by our elected and appointed leaders, what will come out it may be too much for all of us to handle. We therefore need a calibre of leadership who can turn these outbursts into useful endeavours. It's going to be a long walk...but we shall get there. The body of Christians and Muslims in Nigeria should come together for d future of d Children. In d meantime, I urge Ogbeni Rauf to wade into d matter as d Number one citizen of d State of Osun so dat agents of disunity do not find occasion to make a mountain out of this molehill. Naija go better!
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by tosin2424: 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
In my own opinion , this missionary schools should not be included. it will look somehow seeing a student with hijab in a school named ST MARRY , HOLY TRINITY , BAPTIST SCHOOL , ANGLICAN HIGH SCHOOL or seeing a student without hijab in a Muslim school. This things are simple . let the Muslim schools be and be guarded with their Islam rules and let the christian missionary schools be and guarded by christian rule. This is one of the major problem of the world forcing your religion on others, be and let others be.

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amiee99(f): 7:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
[quote author=menstrualpad post=46463711]
Kid what?[/quote

Hmmmmm?
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by menstrualpad: 10:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
[quote author=Amiee99 post=46486527][/quote]
Kids cartoon network showing
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amiee99(f): 11:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
menstrualpad:

Kids cartoon network showing

Go and watch
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by KenModi(m): 12:17am On Jun 12, 2016
Dawdy:

You are the deceiver! The fact that Shaetaan has taken over your live does not mean every one will buy your idea. You are not the first to deny Allah and the last day. But hell fire has been prepared for anybody with this mindset of yours. I don't care whether you believe or not.

Continue wallowing in your ignorance my man.

I believe there in science, religion is nothing but a tool used by the enlightened and powerful in keeping the masses under their control.

Look at Europe/America and Africa, na we carry religion for head but poverty, hunger and disease wan kill us.

Government go embezzle money, instead of us to enter road protest and deal with our politicians, we wld be on social media cry "God help us ooo".

Smh us.... angry
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by menstrualpad: 5:50am On Jun 12, 2016
Amiee99:

Go and watch
Kids. Hi
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by MarieSucre(f): 7:32am On Jun 12, 2016
vedaxcool:

You don't get to choose what part of the past makes sense, in fact the point being made is igbo from being barely clothed and educated have developed to being clothed, educated and less prone to drinking dead body water... humans are progressing being more of an intelligent being than insisting we maintain unclothedness because it happend in the past. oh please let's recognize intelligent behavior rather than dream of a backward past whose conditions were stark and difficult to reinvent.

I talked about people not properly cleaning themselves after defecating. .. even the east African women you talked about still have the decency and hygiene to cover up their butt hole.

Yes you get to choose what part of the past you keep. Would you also throw out your language? Throw out your religion? Tell me so that I know that you truly want to throw away the past.

The examples I gave about the Puritans and the early missionaries was strictly regarding their dressing because that is what pertain to this topic. The Puritans and the Quakers later carried out pogroms against people they called witches and hung them. Does that have anything to do with this discussion? NO! Does it have anything to do with dressing? NO! So that's why I did not add it.

The drinking husband's dead body water has no relevance to this topic. As this topic is about dressing. The igbos also wear masquerade clothes. They also used to use matchet to go to war. They also used to marry their daughters off sometimes as early as 13. Does that have relevance to this topic??

BACK TO THE TOPIC
As I stated earlier, in East African and much of southern Nigeria, both women and men only tied a A SHORT WAIST WRAPPER THAT COVERED THEIR BUTTOCKS(I noticed you missed this part earlier) with no chest covering. Men can still do this though. Would you give these women the same consideration that the hijab has just being given?

The question is not whether you like it or not. Only this thread alone shows you that a lot of people who do not like the hijab. Muhhajiba's already who suffer most of the religious related attacks.

The question is. Just like everyone will respect yours. Will you respect theirs. that's all.

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amiee99(f): 4:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
menstrualpad:

Kids. Hi

Kid. Hi

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Celebrate The Comforter 2019: Obasanjo, Ooni Of Ife, Sanwo-Olu Attend / Peak Milk Apologises To Christians Over ‘ Offensive’ Easter Advert / Paul Enenche: I Can Buy A Private Jet But I Haven’t Acquired One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.