Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice (30393 Views)

Relocating To Ghana: Kumasi Or Accra Please Advice / Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / 7 Attitudes You Should Have On Lagos Roads If You Are Relocating To Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by neocortex: 11:27am On Jun 10, 2016
@Aloziedaya
You are making a wise decision,
however , don't just bring your family back home,
make sure the environment is also conducive and
nurturing because it will be disastrous to move your
children into a morally bankrupt environment.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 10, 2016
donsteady:
Bro are you relocating completely with your kids and wife or you are just going to send your kids down to be with their gran ma?
If you are relocating to Nigeria start hunting for job to take care of your children better don't come. Buhari hass succeeded in turning Nigeria upside down. But if you have money to start a good business my brother come back home
even business no dy move again for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by kenkenny55(m): 11:28am On Jun 10, 2016
lilzcee:
undecided economy is bad, everything about this country is bad, i won't even advice my enemy living abroad to relocate here, that is wickedness
I don't understand Nigerians Again!
No money, no money, yet there's always a long queue at
the ATM.
Are they withdrawing their sins? Yet someone would say the economy is bad.

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Sprintson(m): 11:29am On Jun 10, 2016
Bros Alozie
You can bring them if you have the capital to start up something and if you will be staying with them permanently.
Secondly depending on the time you left the shores of Nig, our country has changed too from what it used to be but nevertheless we are better off morally than europe.
Thirdly, try to give them a good life in Nig here so you don't lose both ways.
Lastly bro, you are Nigerian and your kids Nigerian train them in the ways of the Lord,educate them in our culture,teach them your language,get them to watch african/nigeria movies sometimes,be strict on them if need be,let them know they aren't europeans and have a root. This way they would be exposed to Life and still choose to live upright

Am just trying to make UNcommon SEnse.

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:
Yes I know how difficult things are in Nigeria right now. Everyday I read and hear from the media news and articles about Nigeria that trouble the heart.
Life in Europe is better in terms of basic needs as humans, but socially it has decayed beyond imagination. The future of our children is at stake here socially and morally. The western culture is eating deep in our children.
So I'm considering bringing my family down to Nigeria to train them in our own culture.
Do you think I'm making a mistake?
Please your candid advice.
y do u hate ur family? ur wicked oo.even if na business u wan cum do here it has a high chance of nt working.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by oodua1stson: 11:32am On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:
Yes I know how difficult things are in Nigeria right now. Everyday I read and hear from the media news and articles about Nigeria that trouble the heart.
Life in Europe is better in terms of basic needs as humans, but socially it has decayed beyond imagination. The future of our children is at stake here socially and morally. The western culture is eating deep in our children.
So I'm considering bringing my family down to Nigeria to train them in our own culture.
you may be fooled into thinking you want to do the right thing but Nigeria is sh1t.

Why do you think billionaires let their kids live and school abroad?

If you bring you kids here and deny them some basics things they freely have over there in Europe you'll be cursed in life and death.

Even your memory will be cursed

DONT BRING THEM HOME BECAUSE NIGERIA AS IT IS CAN NOT BE CALLED HOME

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by youngest85(m): 11:33am On Jun 10, 2016
calliope:
Funny you grin
my 6sta if i av my way, i'm gonna jet out

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by rawtouch: 11:35am On Jun 10, 2016
if they are still young I suggest regular summer visits but if they are older you can get them into a boarding school and arrange with a family member whose kids are about the same age or older where they can stay during short breaks, during summer they come over to you DO NOT I repeat DO NOT move the whole family back now it's the right move at the wrong time

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Jideams(m): 11:36am On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:

This is an advice from experience as I live and work in the UK and my Kids and wife are in Nigeria. There are various combinations and you will have to weigh the Pro and Cons as every decision come with its own challenges.

1. All the family in Nigeria.

If you have the resources and can clearly define how you will maintain or meet your financial responsibility, then this is a good option. Remember ( your financial responsibility matters here), once you fall short of that all plans will fall apart. If you have a steady income form the UK say approx 1000 pounds a month then you should be able to hold steady in Lagos while you build a steady income stream. Form my calculation you need 1 million naira every month to hold steady and meet all your income on a family of 4 ( husband, wife and two kids). To relocate without any infrastructure on ground (no car, house,) you will need at least (15 million). this will get you a car, rent at 1.5m/year, kids in school for a year at 3M (note - baording school) as a day student 2 million would be fine. Remember you will need to furnish the home for another 3M (chairs, generators, beds...) and some other things i cannot really itemise. Once all that is done, as steady income of 1million or at least 700k a month will get you going.

2. Your Family in Nigeria and You still based in the UK (but you must downsize and reduce overhead)
This option will keep you going for a while, the kids and wife will love it for the first year after which the pressure might set in. The wife will have a steady income, you will concentrate on work and provide a stable environment for them while you get ready to move back and join them. The issue here is that you need to define how long and make sure you stick to it not matter what happens, make sure you are not fully dependent on foreign funds, you need to make sure your wife starts something and contribute to the running of the home. The drawback here is this, if you are over dependent on the money you send abroad, there is a possibility you will be trapped in UK as you do not want them to suffer and the distance and time apart will catch up. It is one of the fastest way to marriage breakdown. Unless your wife have full interest of the family at hand and understands that life is not a bed of roses, the relationship could break down. so you have to be very very carefull with this option as i lived through it.

3. Stay in Uk and forget about Nigeira.
This depends on where our heart is, trust me I make good money in the UK (405 pounds a day) but my heart is not here, I plan to go to Nigeria to farm and really working towards that. My kids are in secondary school now (boarding) and they are doing great, trust me I could not ask for more but my marriage had broken down as my wife has already settle for someone else. So you have to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.#

Right now I have remarried and my wife i still in Lagos as that is my final destination and very much close to doing that. Take this from me, ti is first hand information, send me a mail and i can talk to you about it better. I would not want you to make the same mistakes i made even thought it was still the best decision I made but you cannot have it all.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by ipledge5: 11:36am On Jun 10, 2016
nery20:
Oga you won train children for naija? He good if you have a good plan for accommodation feeding and training. You fit employ me oooo. I even they regret why dem no take my great great grandfather go slavery make dem go born me for USA. I for dey dere now dey enjoy. Sometimes I use to say Rihanna get luck. Omo Nigeria lasonlason
you want to have slave mentality,despite being born in USA those still have slave mentality,you want to live where there is no equal right...in USA that you are talking abi, a black high school is more likely to have a police officer rather than an advisor
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by lukency(m): 11:37am On Jun 10, 2016
You must be an actor who is acting a scene frm ur ill prepared script.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Tunababa8v(m): 11:37am On Jun 10, 2016
Eni to lori o ni fila. Someone has head but has no cap..
Eni roju tun nwa airoju kiri..
Meanwhile I'm just passing through with my bowl of popcorn and soda
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by drnairalov: 11:38am On Jun 10, 2016
I am reading this and i am really scared to come back and settle in nigeria...it wasnt this bad...or are you guys exagerrating? Help

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 10, 2016
Make sure you buy every member of your household return tickets back to Europe before relocating to Nigeria.

There is one old Nollywood movie titled DANGEROUS TWINS, try and watch that movie before making your final decision.

All the Best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by habsydiamond(m): 11:39am On Jun 10, 2016
U don't have to come to nigeria b4 u can instill our social values in ur children. All u have to do is to enlighten them more about our culture, norms and others and always discipline when necessary. With that they will learn and understand.

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by GoodMuyis(m): 11:39am On Jun 10, 2016
Pls dont mind those with negetive review of Nigeria, 9ja is bad, but them get money for recharge card, them even buy megabyte to browse Nairaland.

Abeg bring them, i believed you must have reason it before, posting on Nairaland. what you need to do is get a comfortable state to settle your family.

But before bringing the children
, come first and make-up things, like get a good environment to settle, trusted Friends for them (that you will introduce to them on arrival) church or mosque they will be worshiping, then a mentor, then Pray.

As per economic situation, NC or NW part of the country is much better, religion is moderate, if you try Kaduna you wont regret, from food to transportation, clothing all is blessing. Make your enquiry, I lived in Kaduna.

For your welfare, get a business that has daily income, food or grocery is good.

If you decide to come home, Kaduna is a moderate city to come.

#ProudlyWithKadaCity

2 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by sucess001(m): 11:41am On Jun 10, 2016
drnairalov:
I am reading this and i am really scared to come back and settle in nigeria...it wasnt this bad...or are you guys exagerrating? Help

its actually worse than they are saying it....

and we aint exagerating...things are at an all time low now...

3 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by nikas0005: 11:42am On Jun 10, 2016
Bring them down here, its a good decision. Bring them down here, its a good decision. Bring them down here, its a good decision.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by darlingtonIIV(m): 11:42am On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:
kukuma remain there o, just send me the money lemme apply for visa and joined you in Europe, this country is hell.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by NCP: 11:42am On Jun 10, 2016
Keep them there and remain there with them.

aloziedaya:
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by CAPSLOCKED: 11:43am On Jun 10, 2016
Sirmuel1:
My family wan migrate too. Bros make we swap grin grin grin

Anyway, Sir, please don't try that! Nigeria has nothing good to offer

LIKE RAPE AND MASSACRE, AND MESSED UP GOVERNMENT?

THAT'S VERY NICE.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by youngest85(m): 11:43am On Jun 10, 2016
Jideams:

This is an advice from experience as I live and work in the UK and my Kids and wife are in Nigeria. There are various combinations and you will have to weigh the Pro and Cons as every decision come with its own challenges.

1. All the family in Nigeria.

If you have the resources and can clearly define how you will maintain or meet your financial responsibility, then this is a good option. Remember ( your financial responsibility matters here), once you fall short of that all plans will fall apart. If you have a steady income form the UK say approx 1000 pounds a month then you should be able to hold steady in Lagos while you build a steady income stream. Form my calculation you need 1 million naira every month to hold steady and meet all your income on a family of 4 ( husband, wife and two kids). To relocate without any infrastructure on ground (no car, house,) you will need at least (15 million). this will get you a car, rent at 1.5m/year, kids in school for a year at 3M (note - baording school) as a day student 2 million would be fine. Remember you will need to furnish the home for another 3M (chairs, generators, beds...) and some other things i cannot really itemise. Once all that is done, as steady income of 1million or at least 700k a month will get you going.

2. Your Family in Nigeria and You still based in the UK (but you must downsize and reduce overhead)
This option will keep you going for a while, the kids and wife will love it for the first year after which the pressure might set in. The wife will have a steady income, you will concentrate on work and provide a stable environment for them while you get ready to move back and join them. The issue here is that you need to define how long and make sure you stick to it not matter what happens, make sure you are not fully dependent on foreign funds, you need to make sure your wife starts something and contribute to the running of the home. The drawback here is this, if you are over dependent on the money you send abroad, there is a possibility you will be trapped in UK as you do not want them to suffer and the distance and time apart will catch up. It is one of the fastest way to marriage breakdown. Unless your wife have full interest of the family at hand and understands that life is not a bed of roses, the relationship could break down. so you have to be very very carefull with this option as i lived through it.

3. Stay in Uk and forget about Nigeira.
This depends on where our heart is, trust me I make good money in the UK (405 pounds a day) but my heart is not here, I plan to go to Nigeria to farm and really working towards that. My kids are in secondary school now (boarding) and they are doing great, trust me I could not ask for more but my marriage had broken down as my wife has already settle for someone else. So you have to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.#

Right now I have remarried and my wife i still in Lagos as that is my final destination and very much close to doing that. Take this from me, ti is first hand information, send me a mail and i can talk to you about it better. I would not want you to make the same mistakes i made even thought it was still the best decision I made but you cannot have it all.
mr article! I deh feel u
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by emvico(m): 11:44am On Jun 10, 2016
Built2last:
Don't try that...those children will curse you.

there is no good news coming from here and you know it.

I attempted bringing my family back from UK in 2014 and my son said will Bokoharam kill us in Nigeria?

that was how I suspended their return till date.

Its even worst today economically to move from heaven to hell.

i don't like what you are saying. the man is tired of staying there and he want to relocate, am also tired of staying in nigeria and i want to relocate. i want to do trade by battar with the man. i have ask him to send me his documents and i will also send him my house documents. and you are here telling him not to try it. you wan take your own spoil my own abi?

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 10, 2016
your proposed resolve is a good one but sincerely not for this time. things have really gone bad...social and moral inclusive.better wait for the troubled waters to calm.

1 Like

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by qleap2all(m): 11:47am On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:

You are no where near Europe
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by NotNairalandi(m): 11:47am On Jun 10, 2016
Vickyydera:
Please keep them there. Nigeria is not getting any better. Most of us here are planning on how to leave this country for good and you are there planning on how to come home.
chidera my love imeela kpaole...imega enjoyment strike nnu abi?
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by deadie(m): 11:50am On Jun 10, 2016
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by deadie(m): 11:51am On Jun 10, 2016
Nigeria that is filled with scammers, thieves, ritualists, prostitutes, cultists, fake pastors, rapists, etc is where u want to relocate your family to learn "morals"? Careful before THEY relocate you to Yaba Left.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 10, 2016
kenkenny55:
I don't understand Nigerians Again!
No money, no money, yet there's always a long queue at
the ATM.
Are they withdrawing their sins? Yet someone would say the economy is bad.
u mean everybody should be poor undecided
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by loomer: 11:54am On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:

Oga, na as u bring up ur child na so e go grow.

Instead always dey let ur kids go do holiday for Nigeria.
Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by morelli: 11:54am On Jun 10, 2016
My brother you live in Europe and I believe after much thought on this issue you thought it will be the best thing to send your children down to Nigeria..my cousin is a medical doctor in america and he sent his wife and kids back to Nigeria say five years ago for the same reason you mentioned,while he is there working,the kids are going to school under the care of their mother..people living back home will see it that you are making a big mistake because they have not seen both sides of the coin,their judgement is solely based from the perception that Europe is better in terms of bread and butter.I support your decision,you are a wise man and finally ,I Hope your children,that their papers are complete so if eventually you decide for them to return it won't be a problem..cheers..

2 Likes

Re: I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice by jpphilips(m): 11:54am On Jun 10, 2016
aloziedaya:

No risk am oo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: Car Accident In Wuse II, Abuja. / 5 Interesting, Yet Wierd Facts About Nigerians / Plane Crashes Into New Jersey Home, Killing Pilot And Sparking Fire. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.