Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,582 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? (46075 Views)

Why Christians Still Battle With Fornication. / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Rossikk(m): 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
Gossiplover:

I smell Weed
You smell weed because he is using his brain to think outside the box, unlike a compliant dunce like you who accepts everything he's taught without question or research.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Rossikk(m): 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
ZUBY77:
Because its not your religion.
It was forced down your throat with lies and threats of hellfire and all that..
It was bound to break some fundamental personal rights of pleasure.
Deal with it.
Well said.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
Because the love of God is not in them....
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by godunia(m): 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
Because they are humans only God's Holy Spirit can fortify one against the desires of the flesh. Any effort on your own will be counterproductive. Fornication is taking something that's not yours,its a sin against nature so it's not a sin that's limited to Christianity alone, it's a sin against God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Rossikk(m): 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
kinesis:
Stupid write up. Because God forgives doesn't mean there is no punishment attached. Cain was punished even after God forgave him. Same thing applies to Adam and Eve. So lose this continuous bashing of the almighty God...that's what he is... Almighty.
Dude please spare us this Cain, Adam and Eve rubbish. Not ONE of you here calling these names has ever spent a single minute researching their authenticity, or if they ever existed. You just accept they are real because that was what was drilled into your head as a child (child abuse). You are an adult now. Google is free. Go and research your beliefs before propounding them like a brainwashed fool.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Lawcurrent(m): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
Jadonjack:
Simple!!! Because they know there god wnt keep his word about punishing furnicators
as you big reach tell me, who fornication Don epp undecided
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by cococandy(f): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
Because we pick and chose what laws to follow then turn around and judge others whose sins are different than our own.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by faites(f): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
Philomath1212:
Op please don't judge.
nobody is holy. we are all slave to sin, tis only by Grace that we live and escaping God's wrath.

U are far from redemption. Op is duty bound to point it out to us so we'd know we are derailing. There is nothing wrong with the article.

And you can only be a slave to sin only if u choose to be. There are people that live sinless and are still happy.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by ExplicitContent: 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
87% of Those that call themselves today are just readers of the word not doers.
The bible talked about this.

Desire for Sexual pleasure comes from the ignition of a libido charged from what is around our enviroment. This mostly could be as a result of what you see and slightly to what you hear. Everything in the world is been sexualized therefore it's very difficult not to be cut up in the gig.
But as the bible said we should not b of the world our ways/doings should be in the path of christ.
Mehn, alotta things I gotta say about this but....... .....
I-d just keep praying and ask God for his continuous Grace and Mercy.
No one is clean we all #dyingofthirst

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by autchkings: 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
Leave pastors out of this every one have case to answer before God and no one can answer for another. Weither pastors preach it or not u know the truth fornication is a sin, run for ur dear life. Fornication is not what u overcome with strength, u need the grace and mercy of God to overcome the controlling power behind the force of fornication. If u are willing ask God for his grace and mercy with a ready heart and he will help u.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Rossikk(m): 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
banmee:

Do you know how many women David bedded? And God turned a blind eye to almost every sexual misdeed he committed. Can you explain that?
There is nothing like 'sin', and the Supreme being had nothing to do with the bible. 'David', if he actually existed, was likely dealing with extraterrestrials whom the ancients thought were gods. These aliens obviously came to earth in the long distant past, and became the 'gods' of every ancient culture know to man. The original Bible scripts do not refer to a singular 'God', but rather, 'gods'. It was only some crooked people seeking to use their religion to dominate the world who changed those verses to 'God'.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by ExplicitContent: 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
To'all ya giving excuses, ain't nothing to give excuse about on here. We been living in sin and nothing you say/do will justify your deeds. What if today was the rapture and you completely tarnished,the TRUTH will set u free so to me b completely honest... cry we only keeping strong through God's grace, mercy & forgiveness
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Kakamorufu(m): 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
Konji is mad
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by basadenet: 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
From your useless analysis so it is only Christians that fornicates. How about Muslims, traditional belief people and other religions . You need help urgently
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by simeonkoolluck(m): 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
The way I look those claiming to be holy and true Christian... When God knows they're fornicating

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by tosinjay(m): 1:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
Abi oo, who fornication help? Some say because they're gonna marry the person it's allowed, what's dating sef? Anything like dating in the bible, if you date then you'll fornicate, and someone will come and tell me they've been dating but never had sex and don't want to. Funny, there will be lust and those sexual thoughts lingering which the bible condemns, lust is same as fornication or adultery!!

One have to distinguish relationships in other not to sin. Christians are more of destruction these days than the atheist and unbelievers because Christ said it, you were born in the faith or came into the faith, know the truth but chose not to adhere, may for God touch our hearts!!
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by banmee(m): 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2016
Rossikk:
There is nothing like 'sin', and the Supreme being had nothing to do with the bible. 'David', if he actually existed, was likely dealing with extraterrestrials whom the ancients thought were gods.

Oookkaaayy. I guess someone's been swimming in the deep end of the pool for too long.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Weah96: 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2016
Why do cocaine dealers make drug transactions in the parlor of the police precinct? That's the exact same scenario.

Answer: They don't. Drug dealers, fearing punishment, hide from police.

Why do Christians fornicate when they know that the Bible police god is watching and recording?

Answer: They know that no one is really watching. Even hardened criminals don't like punishment, and will hide from authority. Fornicators won't see an authority figure watching and still accept punishment of roasting. Even drug dealers cease action until they think that the authorities are gone.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
ifenes:
Sex is humans nature which can be controlled but it is not a crime to engage in it. Nothing is a sin against a god,but the creation of god is a sin against humans.
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew. Your contribution to Christian article never made sense for me even when I was a guest!
Wey that guy called Odubeze self na him fit you. angry
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 12, 2016
and who say other religions don't fornicate, go to the north where they where hijab without pant and see wats happening there
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by aynuel(m): 1:54pm On Jun 12, 2016
shamecurls:
Sex is very very sweet!

Irresistible

I did sex everyday of my life

so werrin conshine us

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by otem4eartum: 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
Holydude:
I know many will castigate me or hate me for this. But then it is what is happening around in so many churches. Almost all religions in the world promotes moral chastity. Even the traditional religion does.

Christianity isn't left out. For over 10-15 years many us have been going to church, reading in the Bible that fornication and sexual immorality is a serious SIN against God. And those practicing it will not inherit His kingdom. 1 Corinthians 6: 9. Yet after reading this, Many wont stop to fornicate.

To this extent, many Christian brothers and sisters, have form their own moral standard. They claim it wrong to sleep with one you are not dating, but as along you both are dating, there is nothing wrong if you both have sex.

It wonders one to think if the Bible says fornication is only for those dating.
I Corinthians 7:1-5 makes it clear sex was for only married people.
1 Thessalonian 4:3-8 urges all Christians to flee from fornication.

From what is happening in today churches, people no longer has issues engaging in premarital sex. They believe as long they obey other laws it more than enough. No matter how many times they read it in their Bible, it wont stop them. Their conscience doesn't trouble them.

The hypocritical part is, they are quick to condemn prostitutes. You defile your body for free, prostitutes does it for money, who is now cheap? They condemn homosexuals and say it a serious SIN and yet they glorify fornication to an extent that people are virgins are regarded as fools. Ask yourself who really is God proud of?

The truth is no true christian or a God-fearing person will indulge in fornication. Even if he does, he repents and never return back to it.

There are no ways about it. You cant slave for two masters. It either you are a slave to sex or to God. And as the Bible tells us, the sins of sexual immorality leads to eternal destruction. Who fornication epp?

Why don't we live by what we read in our Bible? It definitely mean 95% of Christians wont not inherit the Kingdom of God. God has no double standard.

DOMINO REVERAD the GOD who made the universe with a Big Bang is already here. Christians and Muslims will soon pack their load and go away from our blessed country.
Reverad OUR GOD does not like people worshipping gods or himself GOD but his will is for us to use our brains to achieve great things and behave morally.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by UIA04(f): 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
Flirtyjane:
Op
Blame the pastors.
They no longer preach against premarital sex.
They talk of money, tithe, offering and prosperity.

They don't expelled unrepentant sinners cos they want to retain their members.

Church leaders dey lash, and on Sunday will come to church acting like they are in spirit.

Dey blame another person no go read your bible. Salvation is an individual thing

What of parents who brought up their kids well, but the kids rebelled?
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by tosinjay(m): 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:
body no be firewood, and that is why there is confession of sin *crying*
Are you a Catholic?
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Rossikk(m): 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
banmee:

Oookkaaayy. I guess someone's been swimming in the deep end of the pool for too long.
Brainwashed dunce. I suppose a magical flying saviour who walks on water and turns 3 fishes to 500 makes more sense to your thoughtless brain.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by ijomamiracle(f): 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
Flirtyjane:
Op
Blame the pastors.
They no longer preach against premarital sex.
They talk of money, tithe, offering and prosperity.

They don't expelled unrepentant sinners cos they want to retain their members.

Church leaders dey lash, and on Sunday will come to church acting like they are in spirit.

GOD is the author of there salvation not the pastor! besides they hv the holy spirit that is in charge if teaching all things.
that i fornicate is nt the pastors fault but mine coz my pastor was nt there. that's why for a born again u have the holy spirit and for the natural man (unbeliver) ur conscience. dnt blaim any one for he's/her mistakes
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
There's nothing sinful about having sex, whether marital or premarital. As long as you dont commit sexual crimes and are of age, its perfectly normal to have sex.

People get forced to believe its a sin by their religions. If you still go ahead to do it, heaven will not fall and nothing will happen to you as long as you do it by mutual consent.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by ade002: 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
The answer is simple ' WE DO NOT FEAR GOD''. I keep asking myself l, if u about to commit fornication and suddenly your partner changes to a snake will u cause of 'passion' continue. Hell No! Why? Cause u FEAR snakes . same with if u were told u will die after fornicating. Most ppl will immediately turn off their passion cause they FEAR death.
if u don't FEAR GOD chances are u will keep sinning and blaming it on passion.
King Solomon with all his wealth and wisdom ended by saying " all is vanity......... The whole duty of man is to FEAR GOD and Keep His Commandment"
Reason why we don' t Fear God is because we don't believe He is even watching or He exist. We have bir actually experience d God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by banmee(m): 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2016
Rossikk:
Brainwashed dunce. I suppose a magical flying saviour who walks on water and turns 3 fishes to 500 makes more sense to your thoughtless brain.

Here we go again with the IQless grin remarks. I'd rather be a brainless dunce than be a schizophrenic psychopath, who sees flying suacers and aliens under his sheets. wink Obi wan kenobi extends his greetings. grin
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by dasparrow: 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2016
mbatuku2:
There's nothing sinful about having sex, whether marital or premarital. As long as you dont commit sexual crimes and are of age, its perfectly normal to have sex.

People get forced to believe its a sin by their religions. If you still go ahead to do it, heaven will not fall and nothing will happen to you as long as you do it by mutual consent.

The bible says otherwise. Anyway, do you. When your stay on earth is up, you face your creator at the judgement throne.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Temmytea70(m): 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
shamecurls:
Sex is very very sweet!

Irresistible

I did sex everyday of my life

Only a dead person will speak the way u just did

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oritsejafor Welcomes Morris Cerullo By Prostrating (Photos) / What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? / Bishop Obinim Destroys Images Of Jesus Christ In His Church, Replaces With His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.